If people are thrown into the Lake of Fire for ETERNITY, how then do they appear outside the gates of New Jerusalem in Revelation 22?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're going to HELL for ETERNITY for having that belief!

View attachment 34672

@St. SteVen

Just kidding. My brother, I don't share that belief. Those of us who look to Jesus purify ourselves and we will be transformed into perfection the nice and easy way. The "Lake of Fire" is for others, not us.

1 John 3:3 esv
And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

2 Corinthians 3:18 esv
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:50-52
50 I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed

The "Lake of Fire" refines the wicked into perfection. Thankfully, we are not in need of that process.

Revelation 19:20 YLT
and the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet who did the signs before him, in which he led astray those who did receive the mark of the beast, and those who did bow before his image; living they were cast -- the two -- to the lake of the fire, that is burning with brimstone

Revelation 20:10 YLT
and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages.

At the end of the ages, the devil's refinement will be complete even he too will be a loyal servant of God.

Philippians 2:10-11 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

God will not eliminate Satan from existence, nor will he banish Satan forever.

2 Samuel 14:14
We must all die; we are like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again. But God will not take away life, and he devises means so that the banished one will not remain an outcast.

1 Corinthians 15:22-28
22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For “God[c] has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. 28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.
I don't know if it's all that easy. It would seem to me it takes a little effort.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told to obey Jesus's commandments. Nobody can do so all of the time. I agree that we at least must be trying to avoid sinning.

Do you believe that Jesus shows mercy to remorseful sinners?
Utter hypocrisy! You preach Universalism so NO MATTER HOW EVIL someone is he will be saved, according to you. Universalism is totally Satanic!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be one of the few (apparently) who think we live in the lake of fire till we repent, and then we escape.
In response to what you wrote here.
What's a Universalist?
A Christian Universalist doesn't believe in eternal torment in hell with no hope of escape.
Also known as Universal Restoration, or Ultimate Redemption. (UR)

There are three common views of the final judgement.
- Damnationism
- Annihilationism
- Universalism

This amazingly unbiased presentation details all three biblical views.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's a Universalist?
Here's a quick overview of the three,
The video is well worth your time, but is lengthy.

- Damnationism
The "lost" will suffer eternal torment in hell with no hope of escape.

- Annihilationism
The "lost" will be incinerated and cease to exist anymore.

- Universalism
Everyone is already "saved" by the complete work of the atonement.
But will have to face judgment/evaluation and restoration before entering heaven.

Malachi 3:2 NIVc
But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears?
For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be one of the few (apparently) who think we live in the lake of fire till we repent, and then we escape.
How did you arrive at this unconventional conclusion?

Also, people often interchange the terms repentance and confession.
Repent, of course, means to turn away; confess means to admit.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally unScriptual!

Matthew 25
46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life."

Same Greek word, NEVER ending!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told to obey Jesus's commandments. Nobody can do so all of the time. I agree that we at least must be trying to avoid sinning.

Do you believe that Jesus shows mercy to remorseful sinners?
Nobody can do so all the time? Why do you say that? I know we've all sinned, but why can't we stop?

I believe the Lord forgives repentant sinners.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In response to what you wrote here.

A Christian Universalist doesn't believe in eternal torment in hell with no hope of escape.
Also known as Universal Restoration, or Ultimate Redemption. (UR)

There are three common views of the final judgement.
- Damnationism
- Annihilationism
- Universalism

This amazingly unbiased presentation details all three biblical views.

You are telling me what a Universalist believes. Does every Universalist believe the exact same thing about every single issue?

Reactions: St. SteVen

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a quick overview of the three,
The video is well worth your time, but is lengthy.

- Damnationism
The "lost" will suffer eternal torment in hell with no hope of escape.

- Annihilationism
The "lost" will be incinerated and cease to exist anymore.

- Universalism
Everyone is already "saved" by the complete work of the atonement.
But will have to face judgment/evaluation and restoration before entering heaven.

Malachi 3:2 NIVc
But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears?
For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.
We group people together and say they believe this or they b
How did you arrive at this unconventional conclusion?

Also, people often interchange the terms repentance and confession.
Repent, of course, means to turn away; confess means to admit.
I arrived at this "unconventional conclusion" by experiencing the difference between living a righteous life and a sinful life.

Do you remember the 400 prophets who predicted one thing, and the one prophet who predicted something else? Turns out the unconventional guy was right.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally unScriptual!

Matthew 25
46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life."

Same Greek word, NEVER ending!
It's true: There will always be a lake of fire, I believe.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are telling me what a Universalist believes. Does every Universalist believe the exact same thing about every single issue?
No.
There is no standard, or denomination for UR.
There are leading voices in the area of belief. Here is a link to a conference where several of them were gathered.
They do not all agree. Which is fine. UR is a bit open-ended.

Brad Jursak, Peter Hiett, Robin Parry... and others.

Book authors like: J Preston Eby, Thomas Allin, Gerry Beauchemin...

Keith DeRose
Universalism and the Bible – Keith DeRose