If The Kingdom isn't here yet then what is JESUS CHRIST a King of?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
To know that Christ's Kingdom will involve a FUTURE literal earthly Kingdom is very simple, IF one sticks to what God says in His Word.

A simple reading of the events of the 6th Seal, 7th Trumpet, and 7th Vial and the events of John 5:28-29 on the day of His return reveals easily that Christ's Kingdom involves some very important, and substantial changes at His appearance back to this earth per Zechariah 14.
i feel for you Davy, honest injun. i hope you are able to escape the fact-seeking and gnosticism, the court of law you have chosen to present your case, to those with closed mouths, who will not be fed
Return to Me and I will return to you

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If JESUS is going to go and prepare a place for us, why would The Kingdom remain here?

John 14:2-3
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

People that overcome ...doesn't that mean now?

Revelation 3:12​
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Is the Judgment by JESUS to end Jerusalem tell us that He is Reigning over The House of Jacob from Mount Zion (GOD'S Kingdom) as a King (Luke 19:41-44)? "and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation."

If the Reborn are Kingdom Ambassadors, why are we waiting for a physical Kingdom like the Jews are? They are waiting for a Messianic Age, are we also or is LORD JESUS CHRIST Reigning right now?

Check out “amillennial eschatology”. What do people think is going on when they become Reborn? i’ll tell you, He becomes our KING.

Jews still haven’t figured out that GOD’S Kingdom isn’t physical. You become Reborn to enter it. You become Reborn for a Relationship with GOD.

very short video:

What Anointed King matches to the King in Psalm 72? What Jewish King asks for prayers continually besides the Ultimate King (Psa 72:15)? "prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised."
He is the King of Kings!:)

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS was the first to overcome the beast.

humans use death to gain power.

JESUS was the Passover Lamb, The Day that Jews were set free from egypt.

evil's only real power is death, JESUS overcame it with an act of Love by giving His life.

JESUS is Reigning now because He gave us The Way out of babylon (death). JESUS Reigns over the kingdom of the world now and continues to after it becomes The Kingdom of GOD for Infinity.

What is wrong with you if you can't say JESUS is LORD (King) ...right now?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in scripture does it say New Jerusalem touches the ground?

Matthew 6:10 “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.“
Is it future tense because you want it to be?
Notice the words "in earth", and not " on" earth. It is a reference to our "earthen vessels" (bodies) of where the Lord desires to dwell. KJV 2 Corinthians 4:7

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If GOD knows the future, why are we assuming that He extended the 70 weeks of Daniel?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 2:12
That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

So some of you think this "kingdom" is only a thousand years?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ask yourself if there could be an issue with not calling JESUS ...LORD (King), right now.

You would rather have your pretend 1000 years instead of facing that the test is right now. GOD doesn't give a generation an unfair chance of being Saved ...take a second and realize how ridiculous that would be. Everything you think that is going to happen in the Millennium Reign happens in the Infinite Afterlife.

We are The Temple of GOD now.

Jesus is the King of Israel !
What did Jesus say to Nathaniel ?
Nathaniel was a true what ?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are only Saved if we uphold the Reborn Holy Image ...that is saying we are a Pillar supporting The Kingdom. How else does JESUS stand in for us at Judgment unless we are in His Image? His Kingdom?

The Kingdom of The Body of CHRIST.

Revelation 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:9
I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ,

//Did this just say John was already in The Kingdom of JESUS CHRIST?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think it means for JESUS to ascend and fill all things?

Ephesians 4:10
He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:9
I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ,

//Did this just say John was already in The Kingdom of JESUS CHRIST?
If you continue he tells you he was on the isle of Patmos.
9 I John, your brother and partaker with you in tribulation and kingdom and patience [which are] in Jesus, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
9 I John, your brother and partaker with you in tribulation and kingdom and patience [which are] in Jesus, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.
@Heart2Soul Another point would be that God's kingdom is spiritually discerned.

1 Cor. 10.32 speaks of Jews, Gentiles and the church of God.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This somehow takes away from what John said?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This somehow takes away from what John said?
John had been exiled to Patmos...and he was suffering in bonds much like Paul and Peter described for sharing the gospel and testifying of Jesus...
John says 'I John, your brother (brother in Christ) and partaker with you (suffering the same persecution for his faith in Christ) in tribulation and kingdom (little k, under the same ruler) and patience (in faith and trust) which are in Christ Jesus, was in the isle of Patmos, for the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus. ( He was arrested and imprisoned for preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS is The Way into The Kingdom of GOD.

So what is going on with the following?

Rev 11:15 "The seventh angel sounded his trumpet"..."The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ"

Is JESUS handing The Kingdom of The Body of CHRIST to His Father? Is it related to JESUS handing The Book of LIFE to His Father?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 1000 is curious:

Deuteronomy 7:8-9
But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

1 Chronicles 16:14-15
He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth.
Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Davy, here is some of my thinking as well as others who have researched this area in much more detail than I.

Let's start at Zechariah 14:1-2...
The Maccabean Wars started in second to the late first century before Christ....

Automatic Grade F. When you brought in the Maccabean wars history that was around 160 B.C. till..., you LEFT the Biblical subject of the "day of the Lord", which is ONLY for the very END this present world:

2 Peter 3:10-12
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
KJV

So I don't care if Albert Einstein himself researched the Macabean wars, the doctrine of men you espouse against the "day of the Lord" event for the END leaves God's written Word.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i feel for you Davy, honest injun. i hope you are able to escape the fact-seeking and gnosticism, the court of law you have chosen to present your case, to those with closed mouths, who will not be fed
Return to Me and I will return to you

Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for yourself when Lord Jesus appears, and what His Word has declared about the end you discover you instead followed a bunch of vanity from men's doctrines.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this "thousand generations" literal?

Psalm 105:6-10
O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.
He is the LORD our God: his judgments are in all the earth.
He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.
Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac;
And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant: