If The Kingdom isn't here yet then what is JESUS CHRIST a King of?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't think God is limited by time. But creation itself has limits called laws. Since God will not break creation, does that limit God? Would God go around breaking rules for the fun of it, just to make a point like you are doing?
What rules are you talking about? I'm talking about the proper understanding of what it means when it says a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day to the Lord. It doesn't mean that a day exactly equals one thousand years to the Lord. It's just a way of saying that time has NO effect on the Lord.

I have yet to meet a pre-mil who is an evolutionists. I never claimed they don't exist.
Have you met an Amil who is one? If not, then why say something like that? Just to try to make Amils look bad? Are you that desperate to support Premil that you have to resort to making things up about Amils?

Why would the Millennium be a constant fiery ongoing phenomenon? When one enters a door to go into a room, does walking through the portal equal the totality of the experience lasting minutes as if already in the room but not?
As usual, you missed the point. In 2 Peter 3:10-12, it's talking about something that likely will happen quickly and not over the course of a long time. So, that's how the day of the Lord should be understood. I'm sure the burning up of the heavens and earth won't take long since, you know, it will be Jesus/God doing it.

The fiery destruction starts the Second Coming, but is not the totality of the Day of the Lord. The destruction is just the "doorway" into the Day. God could wipe out creation in less than a second. It seems you limit God by actually taking 24 hours.
Show me where 1 Thess 5 or 2 Peter 3 indicate that a long period of time (before eternity is ushered in) follows the destruction each of those passages describe.

Amil eschatology is what is seriously wrong with me. If such teaching did not exist, I would feel much better.
It's the truth, but you are not able to discern the truth. You have made that very obvious.

Reactions: GEN2REV and APAK

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you met an Amil who is one? If not, then why say something like that? Just to try to make Amils look bad? Are you that desperate to support Premil that you have to resort to making things up about Amils?
I have chatted on their online forums with them.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That means nothing. There is no correlation between being Amil and being an evolutionist and you know it.
The irony in what he's claiming is that there are far more Pre-Mil Evolutionary/Creationists than Amil; by a long shot.

Pre-Mils embrace much more of the modern trendy party lines like all the scientific versions of biblical history and how the bible says this, but it really means space-age, star-trek, evolutionary aliens and billions of years of history upon the earth, etc.

Pre-Mils embrace the 1,000 years for a day theory which feeds right into their 7th year (1,000 yrs) Millennium. They claim that the earth was created in six thousand years, not six days; and that the 7th of those will be the Millennium and so on and so forth.

That's ALL Pre-Mil. It's right up their alley. So the very fact that he's trying to discredit Amils, by claiming they believe all that, is pretty devastating to the Pre-Mil position.

Backfire.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The irony in what he's claiming is that there are far more Pre-Mil Evolutionary/Creationists than Amil; by a long shot.

Pre-Mils embrace much more of the modern trendy party lines like all the scientific versions of biblical history and how the bible says this, but it really means space-age, star-trek, evolutionary aliens and billions of years of history upon the earth, etc.

Pre-Mils embrace the 1,000 years for a day theory which feeds right into their 7th year (1,000 yrs) Millennium. They claim that the earth was created in six thousand years, not six days; and that the 7th of those will be the Millennium and so on and so forth.

That's ALL Pre-Mil. It's right up their alley. So the very fact that he's trying to discredit Amils, by claiming they believe all that, is pretty devastating to the Pre-Mil position.

Backfire.
Your life experiences does not equal the same as mine. I have never met them obviously, so they run in your circle of friends, not mine.

So call me a liar. I have heard of many claiming a gap theory and that Genesis was not literal. They never told me they were pre-mil. I have heard Amil declare old earth evolution is what is being described in Genesis 1. All the pre-mill I know accept Genesis 1 as written, and 6,000 years of creation. I have known one who thought it could be 10,000 years. It will actually be a total of 8,000 years.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never said there was. That was you jumping to conclusions.
You said this:
Timtofly said:
Only Amil stretch time on into the indefinite. Well them and old earth evolutionists. Although some posters are both Amil and old earth evolutionists.
What was your point in saying this? Was this just another of many pointless things that you've said and nothing more?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said this:
What was your point in saying this? Was this just another of many pointless things that you've said and nothing more?
You asked the question of stretching out the Second Coming. What was the point of that nonsensical question?

Does Christ's second coming stretch out over thousands of years or is there a future 24 hour day coming during which He will come at some point during that day with the dead in Christ being resurrected at that time? He is King over His kingdom now and we're in His kingdom now, so why wouldn't He deliver it to the Father when He comes? Interpreting scripture in context is not a strength of yours.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confirming exactly what I accused you and your brethren of.
Which is?
I wondered where I read that before?:

Rev_12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

hmmm...

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confirming exactly what I accused you and your brethren of.
Which is?
Well, here's your post that I quoted. It's not hard to figure out what I'm talking about.
Timtofly said:
All the pre-mill I know accept Genesis 1 as written, and 6,000 years of creation. I have known one who thought it could be 10,000 years. It will actually be a total of 8,000 years.
You're claiming that Pre-Mils believe Creation was 6,000 years, not six 24 hour days. That's exactly what I stated Pre-Mils believe and how it supports their Millennial theory of the seventh thousand years they believe will come after Christ; referred to as the seventh day.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked the question of stretching out the Second Coming. What was the point of that nonsensical question?
It is your belief which is nonsense, not the question. When you read 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:6 and 2 Peter 3:3-13, what is described as occurring on the day of the Lord is the catching up of believers to Christ "in the air" and the "sudden destruction" of believers by fire. With that in mind, how can the day of the Lord described in those passages be anything but a future 24 hour day rather than a long period of time?

Reactions: GEN2REV

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, here's your post that I quoted. It's not hard to figure out what I'm talking about.
You're claiming that Pre-Mils believe Creation was 6,000 years, not six 24 hour days. That's exactly what I stated Pre-Mils believe and how it supports their Millennial theory of the seventh thousand years they believe will come after Christ; referred to as the seventh day.
So you misinterpreted my post. I never said the 6 days were 6,000 years. I said creation is 6,000 years. We are currently to the best of human knowledge 22 years into the 7th millenia of creation. So just a little jumping to conclusions on your part.

If this had been 1022 I would have said 5,000 years of creation, and you may not have jumped to the full 5th day assumption.

Interesting that you must then assume 6,000 years of creation is somehow linked to the 6 days of creation. It is, if you think about Exodus 20 and the 4th Commandment. Adam's flesh would only have to work for 6,000 years, and then his labor on earth would be finished.

"Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

Do you jump to the same conclusion about "Six days shalt thou labour" being equal to 6,000 years of Adam's punishment? Just think here. You think the Sabbath day of no labor is actually the "indefinite period" of the last 2,000 years of Adam's punishment of labor. Way to go, depriving God of His Sabbath, which is 1,000 years of sin free living, and forcing it into the here and now. I guess you have already lived out the Sabbath and were not patient enough to wait for God's timing.

I then said I met a person who claims 10,000 years of creation. How are there 10 days in the creation week?

I then said I think there are 8,000 years of current reality, in similar connotation. There is no 24 hour period found any where in the Hebrew text of Genesis 2. Seems many here want to add that point to Genesis 2, as well as, a false assumption of 2 Peter 3:8 as meaning a 24 hour time period. That is impossible in the Greek text of 2 Peter 3 as well. Day in the Greek is only the 12 hours of daylight in a literal interpretation. The "day" in that verse is a figurative amount of time contrasted with a literal time frame. The literal time is the 1,000 years. No one thinks 12 hours of daylight is equal to 1,000 years. We are even assuming here that 12 hours would be a standard day, as we are asleep part of the day. So how literal do you Amil want to take 2 Peter 3:8? Are we allowing for a reasonable figurative explanation contrasted with a literal 1,000 year time frame, or just wooden interpretations of unreasonable literal time statements?

You all certainly jump to conclusions and think time is meaningless to God. Great, now God created time without any meaningful reason given by God? Of course time is meaningful to God. God is indeed the One who created time and reality in the first place.

Congratulations you came up with a lame excuse accusing God falsely, just to avoid the significance of the verse to begin with. Peter even said don't be ignorant, and all you have to offer is an ignorant interpretation. 12 hours is not equal to 1,000. Even a 5 year old knows that. "Hemera" in the Greek: a day, the period from sunrise to sunset.

So back at you with Scripture instead of jumping up and down with false assumptions.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is your belief which is nonsense, not the question. When you read 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:6 and 2 Peter 3:3-13, what is described as occurring on the day of the Lord is the catching up of believers to Christ "in the air" and the "sudden destruction" of believers by fire. With that in mind, how can the day of the Lord described in those passages be anything but a future 24 hour day rather than a long period of time?
Read 2 Peter 3:8.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you misinterpreted my post. I never said the 6 days were 6,000 years. I said creation is 6,000 years. We are currently to the best of human knowledge 22 years into the 7th millenia of creation. So just a little jumping to conclusions on your part.

If this had been 1022 I would have said 5,000 years of creation, and you may not have jumped to the full 5th day assumption.

Interesting that you must then assume 6,000 years of creation is somehow linked to the 6 days of creation. It is, if you think about Exodus 20 and the 4th Commandment. Adam's flesh would only have to work for 6,000 years, and then his labor on earth would be finished.

"Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."

Do you jump to the same conclusion about "Six days shalt thou labour" being equal to 6,000 years of Adam's punishment? Just think here. You think the Sabbath day of no labor is actually the "indefinite period" of the last 2,000 years of Adam's punishment of labor. Way to go, depriving God of His Sabbath, which is 1,000 years of sin free living, and forcing it into the here and now. I guess you have already lived out the Sabbath and were not patient enough to wait for God's timing.

I then said I met a person who claims 10,000 years of creation. How are there 10 days in the creation week?

I then said I think there are 8,000 years of current reality, in similar connotation. There is no 24 hour period found any where in the Hebrew text of Genesis 2. Seems many here want to add that point to Genesis 2, as well as, a false assumption of 2 Peter 3:8 as meaning a 24 hour time period. That is impossible in the Greek text of 2 Peter 3 as well. Day in the Greek is only the 12 hours of daylight in a literal interpretation. The "day" in that verse is a figurative amount of time contrasted with a literal time frame. The literal time is the 1,000 years. No one thinks 12 hours of daylight is equal to 1,000 years. We are even assuming here that 12 hours would be a standard day, as we are asleep part of the day. So how literal do you Amil want to take 2 Peter 3:8? Are we allowing for a reasonable figurative explanation contrasted with a literal 1,000 year time frame, or just wooden interpretations of unreasonable literal time statements?

You all certainly jump to conclusions and think time is meaningless to God. Great, now God created time without any meaningful reason given by God? Of course time is meaningful to God. God is indeed the One who created time and reality in the first place.

Congratulations you came up with a lame excuse accusing God falsely, just to avoid the significance of the verse to begin with. Peter even said don't be ignorant, and all you have to offer is an ignorant interpretation. 12 hours is not equal to 1,000. Even a 5 year old knows that. "Hemera" in the Greek: a day, the period from sunrise to sunset.

So back at you with Scripture instead of jumping up and down with false assumptions.
Explain 6,000 years of creation when the Bible says the world was created in 6 days.

Are you saying the world's still being created right now? Are you saying it's been created over a 6,000 year period that led up to this moment?

What is it that you are claiming?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain 6,000 years of creation when the Bible says the world was created in 6 days.

Are you saying the world's still being created right now? Are you saying it's been created over a 6,000 year period that led up to this moment?

What is it that you are claiming?
What word do you use for existence or reality?

Creation: a thing which has been made or invented.

I keep telling you that creation is the whole 8,000 years of existence, not the first 6 days. Go talk to a physics expert if you cannot understand what reality is. The first 3 dimensions deals with spatial coordinates. Length, depth, and height. Time is the 4th dimension. But don't take my word for it, as you seem to be doing all my thinking for me, in your one sided conversation with me. So you can keep trying to have this one sided conversation with yourself.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What word do you use for existence or reality?

Creation: a thing which has been made or invented.

I keep telling you that creation is the whole 8,000 years of existence, not the first 6 days. Go talk to a physics expert if you cannot understand what reality is. The first 3 dimensions deals with spatial coordinates. Length, depth, and height. Time is the 4th dimension. But don't take my word for it, as you seem to be doing all my thinking for me, in your one sided conversation with me. So you can keep trying to have this one sided conversation with yourself.
Physics experts are absolute FOOLS in God's eyes.

My understanding is Biblically sound.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Physics experts are absolute FOOLS in God's eyes.

My understanding is Biblically sound.
"May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

Are you saying God does not have physics as part of reality?