If we had to wait until...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you agree with this statement?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"If we had to wait until we were sinless to come to Jesus for salvation, we would be waiting forever"
-Author unknown

Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? I do

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If we had to wait for Jesus to make us sinless in our sinful flesh, then yes we would have to wait forever.

'The wages of sin is death...the gift God gives is everlasting life' (Romans 6:23).....but when and where will we enjoy that life?

Sin is still with us, so death is too (Romans 5:12).....but Jesus came to conquer death and to give us life. His sacrifice all those centuries ago cancelled the debt, but has not yet done away with its penalty. Christ conquered death by being raised out of it by his God and Father. For those we have lost in death, the same assurance applied to all.....death will not hold us as its prisoner forever. (John 5:28-29)

God's Kingdom, in the hands of its appointed King Jesus Christ, will give us back what the original rebels in Eden stole from us....unending life in a beautiful Paradise....not in heaven (except for the elect, who are chosen to rule with Jesus) but a restoration to sinless life right here on this earth where he promised us everlasting life in the first place.

Satan did not make God's first purpose for mankind go away (Isaiah 55:11)....he merely forestalled it in order for humans and angels to see what happens when free will is abused. We are near the end of that most important object lesson and soon now the rule of God's Kingdom will take us back to where we belong. (Revelation 21:3-4)

With lessons learned, who would ever want the world to come back to this appalling situation we have now? (2 Peter 3:13)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If we had to wait until we were sinless to come to Jesus for salvation, we would be waiting forever"
-Author unknown

Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? I do
I do believe it is possible to repent of all our sin - why shouldn't we be able to do that? Jesus did say we need to be "perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:48). Still, I might agree with the writer, as I think we need the Lord's guidance in reaching perfection.