If You Believe Your Denomination Is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Local membership handles matters of organization and discipline in accordance with Matthew 18.
Matthew 18 does not speak of disciplining clergy ONLY. It speaks OPPOSITE of that. Who taught you?

Why did you avoid the other question? Are you embarrassed about your church?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Local membership handles matters of organization and discipline in accordance with Matthew 18.
Soooo your interpretation of Matthew 18:15-17 is when a church leader sins against his brother they are to go get 1-2 other clergy members to settle the matter. But if they don’t listen to those 1-2 others they are to take their differences to the members of the church and the members of the church decides who is to be treated as a pagan or tax collector???

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo your interpretation of Matthew 18:15-17 is when a church leader sins against his brother they are to go get 1-2 other clergy members to settle the matter. But if they don’t listen to those 1-2 others they are to take their differences to the members of the church and the members of the church decides who is to be treated as a pagan or tax collector???
No. How do you manage to twist things so wildly? Church leaders handle clergy affairs and church members handle church member affairs. It is beautifully simple.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. How do you manage to twist things so wildly? Church leaders handle clergy affairs and church members handle church member affairs. It is beautifully simple.
Ummmmm....but that isn’t what those passages say....Are you messing with me???

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm.....YOU said that only your clergy get disciplined
No, I said that only the clergy is disciplined by the orthodoxy, and then only in a limited smaller group of the most important beliefs. Sorry if I expressed myself poorly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I am.
I feel like you are since you said your church doesn’t have a creed but you then said if your clergy didn’t follow the creed of your church then they are disciplined. Church members don’t get disciplined. But then you say that church members handle church members affairs and referred to Matthew 18 which speaks of disciplining church members by kicking them out of the church (treating them like a pagan or tax collector).

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like you are since you said your church doesn’t have a creed but you then said if your clergy didn’t follow the creed of your church then they are disciplined. Church members don’t get disciplined. But then you say that church members handle church members affairs and referred to Matthew 18 which speaks of disciplining church members by kicking them out of the church (treating them like a pagan or tax collector).
I'm not familiar with every aspect of discipline and order in my church. So sue me. I know it's all based on maintaining the authority of God's law and reclaiming the erring ones. You are twisting my words, by the way. Doubtless, you'll deny this and continue to try to depict me as an evader.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claimed I would "start googling" and "flood" you with "canned refutations and scandals" upon learning your denomination, so I naturally asked you what about me drove you to assume that. How is that a "sick little game?"
Aw, you missed the "Bye now" part.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are twisting my words, by the way. Doubtless, you'll deny this and continue to try to depict me as an evader.
I havn’t twisted your words. I have just pointed out your inconsistency.

I don’t think your an evader. I just think your confused.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I said that only the clergy is disciplined by the orthodoxy, and then only in a limited smaller group of the most important beliefs. Sorry if I expressed myself poorly.
You didn’t say that...go back and read what you wrote please.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn’t say that...go back and read what you wrote please.
What happened to "Thank you for your honesty?" I guess you're taking that back, eh? Just looking for some older stuff to cut up, maybe?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should explain what about me drove you to assume I would "start googling" and "flood" you with "canned refutations and scandals" upon learning your denomination before you bow out. That is basic integrity.
:p