If You Believe Your Denomination Is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip sound okay? My daughter just made 'em. They're still warm. No foolin'.
Oh my goodness... BARNY!!!!!!!! I am so IN.... ( very grateful that I am here at the exact moment the cookies came out of the oven ).

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a former Catholic... and seeing what goes on in these forums with regards to those who think it's their job to
protect their "religion"... I have come to see and understand that Catholicism is not a conversation worth having.
There are several who come here to simply cause strife and unnecessary division.

However... I will put in a good word for Philip James because he represents himself with humility and without a hidden agenda..( or so I have noticed ).
Amen! @Philip James very often shows me more of God than those who spend so much time running down Catholics and any other group that doesn't agree with them rather than simply discussing differences. Help us all dear Lord!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He does seem harmless enough, I've noticed.
Harmless only? Sometimes or even often he's better than that in my own experience. People often write about and talk about checking the spirits or Spirit of things or people. But... then when they see, or hear about, someone's label they will seemingly draw conclusions based on the label without knowing any of the facts about that person's walk, or the lack thereof, with God...

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Harmless only? Sometimes or even often he's better than that in my own experience. People often write about and talk about checking the spirits or Spirit of things or people. But... then when they see, or hear about, someone's label they will seemingly draw conclusions based on the label without knowing any of the facts about that person's walk, or the lack thereof, with God...
Harmless can be exemplary, under the right circumstances. Didn't mean to short-change him. :)

Reactions: amadeus

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Harmless can be exemplary, under the right circumstances. Didn't mean to short-change him. :)

Like a Lamb to the slaughter... Is that not the path of our Master?

If we trust in Christ's promises, that we will never die.. For what then shall we raise our arms against our brothers?

Peace be with you!

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Means just what it says. He who believes will be baptized in Jesus' name and then they will be cleansed since all of their sins will have been washed away. That's what will save you!
The thief on the cross who repented wasn't baptised, yet he went to paradise with the Lord Jesus.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been saying there is a hierarchy within His order and Church. The apostle, St. Peter, was chosen to be the one who Jesus would build His Church upon, meaning chosen to be the Head in the ecclesiastical hierarchy (Mat. 16:18), by the divine Head of this mystical Body (Col. 1:18), and instructed to feed His sheep. (Jn. 21:15-17)
How many times can you say the same thing over and over until your head goes numb?