If you don't Believe and like Prosperity you won't like Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you helped him with was the payment towards his jets and lavish lifestyle.

Prosperity preaching only helps those who receive the money - the "preacher".

The issue with this type of false theology is that "blessings" are measured by material items. Which is far from what Jesus states:

Matthew 6:19-21 - Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Also note the Parable of the rich fool.
Not to mention it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who has any kind of wealth to enter into the kingdom of God...

Reactions: LC627

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to mention it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who has any kind of wealth to enter into the kingdom of God...

LOL!!! So you think Jesus is teaching you to be poor and sick??? I think I choose to accept the health and prosperity and all the gifts Jesus wants to give me!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!!! So you think Jesus is teaching you to be poor and sick??? I think I choose to accept the health and prosperity and all the gifts Jesus wants to give me!
I was actually trying to point out to those who deny that God makes a man prosperous that if they are going to say that wealth is a sin, they ought to take it to its logical next step...

Which is what Jesus said, that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom.

The disciples replied, "Who then can be saved?"

To which the Lord replied, "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

It is hard for a wealthy person to understand GRACE...because many of that sort believe that they deserve to have what has been given to them by God.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For investigation into prosperity gospel wishing well preachers

https://trinityfi.org/

The above organisation has been investigating prosperity preachers and their techniques since 1972.
The truth is the prosperity gospel has refined the addiction of wishing well appeals to a degree they can make millions or billions on the back of the poor and needy. It is the poor who are most desperate for the next hope, and often unable to see the crooks and frauds who preach this stuff because they look and sound so nice and good.

As some have discovered for those who give it is like an addiction that the wishing well will deliver finally and everything will change. It is a version of religion, of doing something to obtain merit or reward, except ironically these folk will also believe they are saved and secure in Christ, but they need this extra bit of money, which God will give them if they just give a much smaller amount to Him. And the giving to the Lord is actually to the preacher not the Lord and the preacher has zero accountability to what he does with the money, and you can 100% know he spends it on himself.........talk about greed and self indulgence.

One simple way to stop this preaching is to show verifiable proof that people do get back more than they give. Because this is the claim, because this is not giving to God, it is giving to get back, pure and simple, greed in a way, a pyramid selling scheme mindset, invest in this approach and you will get rich.

This almost happened in 1994 in the US but it got blocked in the senate. I wonder why. Look who is the spiritual adviser to Trump and you will see who is controlling the reigns of influence........ God help a nation who thinks prosperity gospel preachers will bring anything but judgement on a nation.......

Very good video. To think, I used to listen to some of these clowns in the early mid 90's. I still have a sister that does :( I am going to send her this video but...she is pretty stiff necked where all this is concerned.
How shameful and how sad for all of those who are putting their faith in these shysters.

Reactions: OzSpen and Agios

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good video. To think, I used to listen to some of these clowns in the early mid 90's. I still have a sister that does :( I am going to send her this video but...she is pretty stiff necked where all this is concerned.
How shameful and how sad for all of those who are putting their faith in these shysters.

Who thinks they can find truth in demon inspired attack trash web-sites???

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who thinks they can find truth in demon inspired attack trash web-sites???
the Trinity Foundation Web site is NOT trash. I have seen, heard, watched and listened to them all for years in the 1990's. A friend and myself even drove to Toronto to see Benny Hinn! And, yes...throwing our very hard earned and very little money we had right into his coffers...I have grown far from this stuff and, I certainly believe God approves of that fact. I am sorry if I come hard at you
The video that Follow him cited is the real thing! I would not lie to you! These folks, as "charismatic" as they may seem to you, have had their consciences seared so as not to even feel shame or guilt! Fleets of planes? Mansions that a hundred people could live in, the largest and most posh hotel suites in the whole of the UK???!!
No, I'm sorry but, this stuff has led so very many on a very, very different path that was set before us. This detour will bring you only the "things" that money can buy on this earth. Enjoy it while you can!
Forgive me if I come hard on you @GISMYS_7 yet, it is very hard for me not to when I was in the middle of the same doctrines you are now. Following Jesus is not easy and, I hope you will have the strength of character to re-consider all you have learned with an open heart AND mind.
God Bless

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Trinity Foundation Web site is NOT trash. I have seen, heard, watched and listened to them all for years in the 1990's. A friend and myself even drove to Toronto to see Benny Hinn! And, yes...throwing our very hard earned and very little money we had right into his coffers...I have grown far from this stuff and, I certainly believe God approves of that fact. I am sorry if I come hard at you
The video that Follow him cited is the real thing! I would not lie to you! These folks, as "charismatic" as they may seem to you, have had their consciences seared so as not to even feel shame or guilt! Fleets of planes? Mansions that a hundred people could live in, the largest and most posh hotel suites in the whole of the UK???!!
No, I'm sorry but, this stuff has led so very many on a very, very different path that was set before us. This detour will bring you only the "things" that money can buy on this earth. Enjoy it while you can!
Forgive me if I come hard on you @GISMYS_7 yet, it is very hard for me not to when I was in the middle of the same doctrines you are now. Following Jesus is not easy and, I hope you will have the strength of character to re-consider all you have learned with an open heart AND mind.
God Bless

Yes!!! You can find trash web-sites that attack every man of God known to mankind!!! Wise up and insist on proof!!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really??? How much do you love God's men Jesse and Copeland

I have love for all Christians. I "feel" no fuzzy bear kissy face kind of love but that is not the kind of love Christ calls us to. Christ also tells us to call out people just like this! If you saw a bro or sister in Christ directed toward a huge water fall, would you not try to talk sense to them and bring them back from danger?? The Church today, these big mega Churches are leading many astray and if you do not care to REALLY study to show yourself approved then just keep on that road you are on. Jesus did not mollycoddle and He gave it straight.
People make horrible doctrines that innocent folks who love the Lord and are not well versed in the Word enough, will fall for and stick to like glue. Stiff-necked...if one truly want's the Truth...they will have it.
God bless and I hope you will always have an open mind where scripture is concerned...it can be dangerous.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!!! What example of horrible doctrines are taught by Jesse and Copeland that innocent folks who love the Lord and are not well versed in the Word enough, will fall for and stick to like glue.===Beware! One of the very few things God says He hates is a false witness against His family!!! And you??
Do You Know Jesus? - Jesse Duplantis
https://www.jdm.org/w-DoYouKnowJesus.aspx

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I heard it on tape that Kenneth Copeland said that Jesus was born again in hell.