If you found you were in the wrong faith, would you change?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then Ron, a simple question, who is God according to the Bible sir

As the bible simply , clearly and unambiguously says.

Teh Father is God, the son is God and the Holy Spirit is God!

As the bible also clearly, simply and unambiguously says, they are equal in teh divinity, but different in their "person". Also they are different in their authority.

The Father is above the son who is above the Spirit. Sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet you deny He is truly the Son of God by insisting He was created, rather than the cause and beginning of creation as described in scripture. Begotten does not mean created.

Frankly I don't care if he was created or not sir, the Bible states he was so I accept that. Really getting down to it who is denying he is God's son, if he was uncreated would he not be at the very least another God himself. No Brake, I believe he is begotten literally.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is that there are not two groups...not when all are in Christ. And that is the timing of "when" He hands the kingdom back to the Father...but when is that? It is as it is written: "Then comes the end." Which is not a time reference, but a Who reference...the timing of whom has already come and gone...except for the times of the gentiles who come "each one in his own order." "Then comes the End."

The end...by Name, is Christ, the End.

But you are not going to follow all that correctly if you try to fit it all into the times of this world--because we are talking about the kingdom, which is not of this world. So...back to the would-be time reference not being a time reference but a Who reference: In the world, all things are "in Christ" and in His time...just as it is said of our being crucified with Him in past tense. And it is for this reason, that Paul explains that we should rather understand that from our perspective all things are simply "each one in his one order"...which is a translation from worldly terms into kingdom terms...which is what I have been trying to impress upon you. But if you cannot perceive that the use of past tense language in the scriptures means that what I have been saying is true, and thereby move on to a greater understanding of the timing of events and the truth of the things of God, then you remain a prisoner of time which will indeed come "each one in his own order"--meaning you will not come into "all truth" until the grave. But these were meant to be the times of leading unto "all truth"--why should you wait and miss out?

Jesus said it, I believe it. What is more I even showed you what they are, you have chosen to disagree Scott. I can say no more, if you don't believe it then you simply don't.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you the original language already.

But it is a mistake to lean that way. The matter is not one of linguistics, but the Spirit. You are making an alter of the words...but Which is greater? says the LORD? How many times has God corrected men for making this mistake?

The scriptures have always been true, but many do not understand. I have told you the truth.
Why then did you alter God's name to LORD sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the bible simply , clearly and unambiguously says.

Teh Father is God, the son is God and the Holy Spirit is God!

As the bible also clearly, simply and unambiguously says, they are equal in teh divinity, but different in their "person". Also they are different in their authority.

The Father is above the son who is above the Spirit. Sir.

Perhaps you could give the Version and the Verse sir, as my Bible does not contain that. Mine states I am Jehovah and will have no gods before my face. I think I will stand on that sir.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said it, I believe it. What is more I even showed you what they are, you have chosen to disagree Scott. I can say no more, if you don't believe it then you simply don't.
Okay...you're not hearing the "all truth" explanation. But do know that you do not wait on Him, but on you.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you could give the Version and the Verse sir, as my Bible does not contain that. Mine states I am Jehovah and will have no gods before my face. I think I will stand on that sir.

I have given you the verses many times. If you did not believe them then, why should I bother writing them down again? And of course your mistranslation of the bible will not have them written cleaqrly. It falls in line with that piece of propoganda that nearly all bible versions before the New World Mistranslation somehow all got it wqrong and all the scholars intentionally lied to people down through the ages.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...you're not hearing the "all truth" explanation. But do know that you do not wait on Him, but on you.

God's word is truth Scott. Jn 17:17 If it isn't in the Bible, it may or may not be truth sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have given you the verses many times. If you did not believe them then, why should I bother writing them down again? And of course your mistranslation of the bible will not have them written cleaqrly. It falls in line with that piece of propoganda that nearly all bible versions before the New World Mistranslation somehow all got it wqrong and all the scholars intentionally lied to people down through the ages.

Writing down misquoted verses to make a point don't cut it Ron. The Bible does not say what you said. I have great respect for the Bible, and will listen if you use it to support your beliefs. I went back several posts in our conversation and you posted none, however the Bible says at 2 Tim 4:5 to make full proof of thy ministry, you did say this sir:
Yahweh is God!

As the bible openly, clearly and unambiguously declares:

The Father is called Yahweh
The Son is called Yahweh
The spirit is called Yahweh!

So I put you on the spot, show the passages. If you can I will listen sir, but truth is, you will not be able to do so, because that is not a Biblical teaching.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Looking back, it is easy for us to see he was the Messiah, and we fully accept the new covenant, but God still only has one people, those who worship Him with spirit and truth. How about you, if you found out you were in the wrong faith, would you be willing to accept the faith that is identified by Scripture?

Born again, or not.

= Final answer.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Writing down misquoted verses to make a point don't cut it Ron. The Bible does not say what you said. I have great respect for the Bible, and will listen if you use it to support your beliefs. I went back several posts in our conversation and you posted none, however the Bible says at 2 Tim 4:5 to make full proof of thy ministry, you did say this sir:
Yahweh is God!

As the bible openly, clearly and unambiguously declares:

The Father is called Yahweh
The Son is called Yahweh
The spirit is called Yahweh!

So I put you on the spot, show the passages. If you can I will listen sir, but truth is, you will not be able to do so, because that is not a Biblical teaching.

Well this shall be the last time I repost these to you, so clean the wax out of your ears and listen closely.

1. Neither of us challenge that the Father is called Yahweh so that is unnecessay!

So let us look at the Son.

Isaiah 44:6
King James Version

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

there are two Yahwehs spoken of here.
A) Yahweh- King of Israel
B) the King of Israels redeemer-- Yahweh of Hosts.

This should be enough! But to give more:

Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Yahweh , King of Israel is called first and last.

Yahweh of Hosts ( Yahweh king of Israels' redeemer--Jesus) is also called first and last.

In Revelation 1 Jesus is also called first and last 2X.

In Rev. 22 jesus again is called the firsat and the last and confirmed that from verse 13, by saying in verse 16 it was Himself who sent His angel to testify!

We both know that the Father is called almight. but the son is called almighty as well. In rev. 1 Jesus called Himself trhe alpha and omega, the first and last, the Almighty. and this is proven when John turned around to see who was talking to him.

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

who are you going to believe? That man made organization that has woefully reinterpreted the bible, or Gods Word as he inspired it?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While that is true, what did man do before there were scriptures? I tell you--it was as the days of Noah.

During these times, one must be inclined to hear...or he will not.

You have to consider Bible chronology Scott. We are living in the last days of this system, some Bibles phrase it the end of the age. The appointed times of the nations ended, the period of apostasy over, God started gathering His people together again Isa 2:2-4; the faithful slave was established and the food was progressively revealed to them Mat 24:45-47; Pro 4:18; Dan 12:4 and His people are well established and well fed as we are quite near the end of this period.

Jehovah always provided for His people after the Law covenant was enacted, but shortly after the new covenant His people were scattered because of the apostasy 2 Thes 2:3; which as prophesied ended shortly after Jesus' enthronement. I know this is deep, but since we are so near the end, it is easy to see how it played out Scott.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it is true. Because we come full circle.

Of course it is true Scott, I always intend to state truth. But that still didn't answer my question sir, do you see the seriousness of altering God's name in scripture?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this shall be the last time I repost these to you, so clean the wax out of your ears and listen closely.

1. Neither of us challenge that the Father is called Yahweh so that is unnecessay!

So let us look at the Son.

King James Version

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

there are two Yahwehs spoken of here.
A) Yahweh- King of Israel
B) the King of Israels redeemer-- Yahweh of Hosts.

This should be enough! But to give more:

Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Yahweh , King of Israel is called first and last.

Yahweh of Hosts ( Yahweh king of Israels' redeemer--Jesus) is also called first and last.

In Revelation 1 Jesus is also called first and last 2X.

In Rev. 22 jesus again is called the firsat and the last and confirmed that from verse 13, by saying in verse 16 it was Himself who sent His angel to testify!

We both know that the Father is called almight. but the son is called almighty as well. In rev. 1 Jesus called Himself trhe alpha and omega, the first and last, the Almighty. and this is proven when John turned around to see who was talking to him.

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

who are you going to believe? That man made organization that has woefully reinterpreted the bible, or Gods Word as he inspired it?

I told you before the two are both referred to as first and last, but they are in fact two, Yeshua is not Yahweh. I also told you the Bible does not contradict itself, so it is your understanding that is flawed not the Bible sir. As I stated I knew you would not be able to do it, as the Bible does not call all three of them Yahweh. That name is exclusive to God Himself, not His son, nor His holy spirit who is not named in scripture by the way.

I likely would help you not to use a version who alters God's name to LORD, much more confusing, and obviously has led you in the wrong direction.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to consider Bible chronology Scott. We are living in the last days of this system, some Bibles phrase it the end of the age. The appointed times of the nations ended, the period of apostasy over, God started gathering His people together again Isa 2:2-4; the faithful slave was established and the food was progressively revealed to them Mat 24:45-47; Pro 4:18; Dan 12:4 and His people are well established and well fed as we are quite near the end of this period.

Jehovah always provided for His people after the Law covenant was enacted, but shortly after the new covenant His people were scattered because of the apostasy 2 Thes 2:3; which as prophesied ended shortly after Jesus' enthronement. I know this is deep, but since we are so near the end, it is easy to see how it played out Scott.
Okay, I leave you to your beliefs. At least even you are somewhat using past tense terms to explain your views such as they are.