If you think Mary remained a virgin till she died, then bet on it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but the Catholic Church is not a denomination, strictly speaking. The word denomination has its roots in Latin and indicates that it comes "from" something else. The Catholic Church is THE Church founded by Christ. Unlike all the tens of thousands of man-made Protestant denominations that were started over the last 500 years, the Catholic Church is not a mere institution. It is a Divine entity. It is the Body of Christ. It has Christ as its head and the Holy Spirit as its soul.
The Catholic Church as it stands today was not founded by Christ. I am sorry my friend. it is just another demonization of churches that people can chose from to fit their personal spiritual desires.
When Saul (St. Paul by his Hebrew name) was going around persecuting Christians, Jesus knocked him off his (high) horse. Then, Jesus asked him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?" Note that Jesus didn't ask him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute My Church?" which he was doing, but "...why do you persecute Me?" Christ identifies as one with His Church! If you persecute Christ's Church, you persecute Christ!
Yes, and the Catholic Church has been persecuting christ for a few thousand years now.
Historically, Christ's Church cannot possibly be any Protestant denomination since none existed until the 16th century!
Historically. Any church that was against the roman church was destroyed by the roman church, Heretics were burned at the stake, All of their books were burned or destroyed.

So it is a lie to say no other church was in existence. it would have went underground for fear of Rome..

God never told the church to do that, the church did that because it had no other choice.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incorrect again.

You're just speaking out of ignorance, so I don't take that personally. Before I address the rest of your post, you haven't even attempted to refute the scriptural verses and testimonies in post #161 that prove those believed to be Jesus's siblings were actually His cousins.
Again... I showed you the truth... And you continue to express the God and creator of Sex.... as a prude....

So we know God sent a messanger to tell Joseph...

Mat 1:20 But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 "She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins."

ACCORDING TO YOU.... Then an angel of the Lord then told... Joseph OH... BTY... Don't you ever think about having Sex with your wife... EVER!!!!! Sigma would not approve....

Idiot!!!!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When others attack rather than try to share truth just remember this verse and act accordingly !

Romans 16:17 I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.

Titus 3:10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition.........

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church as it stands today was not founded by Christ. I am sorry my friend. it is just another demonization of churches that people can chose from to fit their personal spiritual desires.

@Augustin56 informed you, "The Catholic Church is not a denomination, strictly speaking. The word denomination has its roots in Latin and indicates that it comes "from" something else. The Catholic Church has been in existence for over two thousand years. Who else existed on Earth over two thousand years ago? Jesus. The Catholic Church is the Christian Church Jesus founded over two thousand years ago.

By the way, I noticed you said, "is just another demonization of churches that people can chose from to fit their personal spiritual desires." Jesus spoke of one Church. He spoke of one fold. You're advocating and encouraging the opposite of what He wants, which is the existence of multiple Churches and multiple folds.

Last edited:

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again... I showed you the truth... And you continue to express the God and creator of Sex.... as a prude....

Mat 1:20 But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 "She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins."

ACCORDING TO YOU.... Then an angel of the Lord then told... Joseph OH... BTY... Don't you ever think about having Sex with your wife... EVER!!!!! Sigma would not approve....

Idiot!!!!

Again you speak out of ignorance, and I don't want you to be ignorant of the Truth, so I'll share more Truth with you. I'll preface by saying in the 1940's Maria Valtorta was chosen by Jesus to be His "pen," to show her scenes from the Blessed Virgin Mary's life, as well as His own, then write all she heard, saw, and was told by Him to say.

All of Maria Valtorta's writings were compiled into a total of five volumes entitled: The Gospels As They Were Revealed To Me, or The Poem of the Man-God. They are a loving gift from Jesus that gives a more detailed look into the stories we read about in the Bible and others, including the marriage of Joseph and Mary, which you can read about in full in The Poem of the Man-God: Vol. I, ch. 12, pp. 36-39. Below is an excerpt.

Now, the Law prescribed that each man be given a woman of his own stock (Lev. 21:14). Therefore, at the request of the High Priest, many men of the race of David gathered in the Temple, and out of them all He appointed Joseph of Jacob of Bethlehem, a Nazirite (Hebrew who had taken special vows of abstinence, see Num. 6), as Mary's spouse. When Joseph and Mary met for the first time, each expressed their vows, and these are their words:

Joseph said to Mary, "I am a Nazirite," and Mary replied, "Also I am all of the Lord, Joseph. I do not know whether the High Priest told you..."

"He only told me that You are good and pure, that You wish to inform me of a vow, and that I must be good to you. Speak, Mary. Your Joseph wants You to be happy in all Your desires. I do not love You my with body. I love You with my soul, holy girl given to me by God! Please see in me a father and a brother, in addition to a husband. And open Your heart to me as to a father and rely on me as on a brother..."

"Since My childhood I have consecrated Myself to the Lord. I know this is not the custom in Israel. But I heard a voice requesting My virginity as a sacrifice of love for the coming of the Messiah. Israel has been waiting for Him for such a long time!... It is not too much to forgo the joy of being a mother for that!"

Joseph gazes at Her as if he wanted to read Her heart, then he takes Her tiny hands which are still holding the branch in blossom and he says: "I will join my sacrifice to Yours and we shall love the Eternal Father so much with our chastity that He will send His Savior to the world earlier, and will allow us to see His Light shining in the world."

After Joseph and Mary married, and She had conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, Joseph noticed She was pregnant with a child not conceived by him, and thus considered divorcing Her quietly. So, an angel of God came to Joseph to explain why he was not to be afraid to keep (not divorce) his wife. Joseph decided against divorce and he and Mary continued to be chaste in their marriage for God.

Now, again, you haven't come back with an attempt at refuting the scriptural verses and testimonies in post #161 that prove those believed to be Jesus's siblings were actually His cousins. I say "attempt" because I know what I've proven to be the Truth can't be refuted, only accepted or rejected.

Last edited:

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, and the Catholic Church has been persecuting christ for a few thousand years now.

Historically. Any church that was against the roman church was destroyed by the roman church, Heretics were burned at the stake, All of their books were burned or destroyed.

So it is a lie to say no other church was in existence. it would have went underground for fear of Rome..

God never told the church to do that, the church did that because it had no other choice.
Cardinal Newman Said, “To Be Deep in History Is to Cease to Be Protestant.” If you study history (not made up, revisionist history), you will clearly see that the Catholic Church is the original and still existing Church founded by Christ. The majority of Christians in the world are Catholic. (close to 1.4 billion out of a total of 2.6 billion Christians)

By your logic, you shouldn't be Christian whatsoever. Why? Because Judas Iscariot was one of the first, and he betrayed Christ. Another, Peter, denied Him three times. The rest, except for John, deserted Him like cowards. So, if we are to judge Christianity by the sinful actions of its members, no one should be Christian.

That's now how Jesus operates, though. He knew all that, and still kept the Apostles (except for Judas, who killed himself), and gave His authority to His Church.

Reactions: Sigma

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cardinal Newman Said, “To Be Deep in History Is to Cease to Be Protestant.”
whose history? Roman History, or actual history?

As I said, Rome wrote history. Anything that went against them was removed from the history books and ceased to be written history
If you study history (not made up, revisionist history), you will clearly see that the Catholic Church is the original and still existing Church founded by Christ. The majority of Christians in the world are Catholic. (close to 1.4 billion out of a total of 2.6 billion Christians)
lol. If I read the bible which was Given by God. I will see that the catholic church is not the churched founded by God. I would see that no more than to see the jews of CHrist time was the OT church founded by God when he started that church through abraham.

They would use the same excuse you do. to be deep in history is to cease to be christian
By your logic, you shouldn't be Christian whatsoever. Why? Because Judas Iscariot was one of the first, and he betrayed Christ.
Judas was never a believer, he was a make believer, who according to christ, never believed
Another, Peter, denied Him three times.
Yet Jesus called him the rock. Because he Believes Jesus had the words of eternal life and he was the Christ the son of God. which is the true ROCK of the church (Christ being the chief cornerstone)
The rest, except for John, deserted Him like cowards. So, if we are to judge Christianity by the sinful actions of its members, no one should be Christian.

That's now how Jesus operates, though. He knew all that, and still kept the Apostles (except for Judas, who killed himself), and gave His authority to His Church.
lol.these are individuals.

I spoke of the CHURCH..

In your view. all of the disciples killed anyone who did not agree with them, burned every article which did not support what the disciples believes, or put in prison anyone who they declaired to be a heretic.

You need to think deeper than you are.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
whose history? Roman History, or actual history?

As I said, Rome wrote history. Anything that went against them was removed from the history books and ceased to be written history

lol. If I read the bible which was Given by God. I will see that the catholic church is not the churched founded by God. I would see that no more than to see the jews of CHrist time was the OT church founded by God when he started that church through abraham.

They would use the same excuse you do. to be deep in history is to cease to be christian

Judas was never a believer, he was a make believer, who according to christ, never believed

Yet Jesus called him the rock. Because he Believes Jesus had the words of eternal life and he was the Christ the son of God. which is the true ROCK of the church (Christ being the chief cornerstone)

lol.these are individuals.

I spoke of the CHURCH..

In your view. all of the disciples killed anyone who did not agree with them, burned every article which did not support what the disciples believes, or put in prison anyone who they declaired to be a heretic.

You need to think deeper than you are.
[As I said, Rome wrote history. Anything that went against them was removed from the history books and ceased to be written history]

So, curiously... IF there is no written history other than what was written before Protestantism, how could Protestants come up with a different (true, according to you) history? Did an angel come down, like Joseph Smith claimed, and straighten things out? LOL

Historically, there was NO OTHER CHURCH than the Catholic Church until the Orthodox splintered off in 1054 A.D. But, they retained Apostolic Succession, and, therefore all seven Sacraments.

Historically, there weren't any Protestants until an ex-Catholic monk, Martin Luther, started Protestantism in the 16th century. And even taht wouldn't have gotten off the ground had it not been for the northern German kingdoms who were lusting after the vineyards, etc., of Catholic monasteries there, so they could enrich their coffers.

You are steeped in Protestant polemics, not history. You've swallowed lie after lie, it seems. There is NO historical evidence of Protesant churches until the 16th century. If that is so, and you still believe Protestantism is valid, you have the burden of showing how, after 16 centuries, you came up with "the true teachings" of Christ different than what was always taught. Did Christ Himself come back down and talk to Martin Luther and, maybe, John Calvin? Or an angel, perhaps? I suspect you'll claim, "OH! We read the Bible!" leaving out that the Bible came from the Catholic Church. There was no magical BIG HAND OF GOD that reached out and handed King James the first Bible. It was there from the late 4th Century,when the Catholic Church decided what books belonged in it at the Councils of Rome, Hippo, and Carthage. You only have a Bible on the authority of the Catholic Church. If you trust the authority of the Catholic Church to tell you what books belong in the Bible, why not trust the same authority to tell you what it means? Protestantism has literally thousands of different believing denominations, because every man, woman, and child is allowed to self-interpret and pervert the Scriptures according to their own light. Even Martin Luther complained about that.

• Love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[As I said, Rome wrote history. Anything that went against them was removed from the history books and ceased to be written history]

So, curiously... IF there is no written history other than what was written before Protestantism, how could Protestants come up with a different (true, according to you) history? Did an angel come down, like Joseph Smith claimed, and straighten things out? LOL

Historically, there was NO OTHER CHURCH than the Catholic Church until the Orthodox splintered off in 1054 A.D. But, they retained Apostolic Succession, and, therefore all seven Sacraments.

Historically, there weren't any Protestants until an ex-Catholic monk, Martin Luther, started Protestantism in the 16th century. And even taht wouldn't have gotten off the ground had it not been for the northern German kingdoms who were lusting after the vineyards, etc., of Catholic monasteries there, so they could enrich their coffers.

You are steeped in Protestant polemics, not history. You've swallowed lie after lie, it seems. There is NO historical evidence of Protesant churches until the 16th century. If that is so, and you still believe Protestantism is valid, you have the burden of showing how, after 16 centuries, you came up with "the true teachings" of Christ different than what was always taught. Did Christ Himself come back down and talk to Martin Luther and, maybe, John Calvin? Or an angel, perhaps? I suspect you'll claim, "OH! We read the Bible!" leaving out that the Bible came from the Catholic Church. There was no magical BIG HAND OF GOD that reached out and handed King James the first Bible. It was there from the late 4th Century,when the Catholic Church decided what books belonged in it at the Councils of Rome, Hippo, and Carthage. You only have a Bible on the authority of the Catholic Church. If you trust the authority of the Catholic Church to tell you what books belong in the Bible, why not trust the same authority to tell you what it means? Protestantism has literally thousands of different believing denominations, because every man, woman, and child is allowed to self-interpret and pervert the Scriptures according to their own light. Even Martin Luther complained about that.
if rome ruled the world. And there was no other churches until AFTER rome lost power

You would not expect any history to show anything other than rome up until the time it lost power

the victors write history, and it will ALWAYS support them.

You want to base your eternity on a dictator war mongering history? Feel free

I will trust God kept his word intact. And trust it instead

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if rome ruled the world. And there was no other churches until AFTER rome lost power

You would not expect any history to show anything other than rome up until the time it lost power

the victors write history, and it will ALWAYS support them.

You want to base your eternity on a dictator war mongering history? Feel free

I will trust God kept his word intact. And trust it instead
You are confusing the Empire of Rome with the Catholic Church. The Empire of Rome is distinctly different than the Catholic Church. The term "Roman Catholic Church" is not the offical name of Christ's Church. It is simply the Catholic Church. The "Rome" part was a pejorative added in the 16th century as an attempt to smear the Catholic Church.

The Catholic Church wasn't around when the Roman Empire was formed and came to power. In fact, the Roman Empire persecuted the Catholic Church, murdering its members in the colluseum, throwing them to the lions, etc. Finally, the Roman Emperor, Constantine, stopped the persecution of the Catholic Church in the early 300's, making it legal to publicly practice the faith.

I trust God kept His word, too. In Matt. 16:18, He promised that He would build His Church and that the "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Either He kept His word, and the Catholic Church, the one He founded, is still alive and operating and growing, or He lied and allowed Protestantism to come along and allow every man and woman to be their own Pope, starting their own Church apart from His. If it is the latter, then we're all wasting our time. The only unifying princple in Protestantism is anti-Catholicism. The rest, they disagree vehemntly on.

• Love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing the Empire of Rome with the Catholic Church. The Empire of Rome is distinctly different than the Catholic Church. The term "Roman Catholic Church" is not the offical name of Christ's Church. It is simply the Catholic Church. The "Rome" part was a pejorative added in the 16th century as an attempt to smear the Catholic Church.

The Catholic Church wasn't around when the Roman Empire was formed and came to power. In fact, the Roman Empire persecuted the Catholic Church, murdering its members in the colluseum, throwing them to the lions, etc. Finally, the Roman Emperor, Constantine, stopped the persecution of the Catholic Church in the early 300's, making it legal to publicly practice the faith.

I trust God kept His word, too. In Matt. 16:18, He promised that He would build His Church and that the "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Either He kept His word, and the Catholic Church, the one He founded, is still alive and operating and growing, or He lied and allowed Protestantism to come along and allow every man and woman to be their own Pope, starting their own Church apart from His. If it is the latter, then we're all wasting our time. The only unifying princple in Protestantism is anti-Catholicism. The rest, they disagree vehemntly on.
Your confusing fantasy from reality

The Roman Catholic Church was started by the Roman Empire. In order to keep its citizens from revolting. It added a bunch of pagan things to the church, and called them christian.

The church was the state. The Pontifus Maximus (pope) was the pope of the church and the ceasar of rome.

Again, You want to place your eternity in the hands of history and rome feel free

Eternity is to long for me to make that mistake..

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually that is you.

I do not blindly follow men, you do.

I have changed my views when I am proven wrong
Hello Eg! I hope you are having a great day.

I believe I have always understood your method of coming to the Truth. But maybe I am wrong in what I believe so I should just get it straight from you. Here is what I believe is YOUR method of coming to the Truth in Scripture.

YOU read Scripture and interpret it.
YOU compare notes, thoughts, and interpretations with your fellow Christians.
YOU are wrong when YOU decide the other person is right.
After you decide that you a wrong YOU change your view.
YOU do not blindly follow the decisions of other men on this.
YOU follow YOUr own decision on this.
YOU decide if the various people that you talk to are right.
YOU don't have elders from a church that you follow and submit to.
Since YOU made the decision that YOU were wrong that means that YOU are not blindly following any man.

Is that a good summary of your method?

It does beg one question that I cant figure out: What if you change your view because someone else had a better view than you and you NOW believe you finally came to the Truth. But then 6 months later another wiser Christian comes along and changes your view again because their Truth sounded better than the Truth you just changed twice in the last 6 months. Are you comfortable that NOW you really know the Truth? Or can the Truth change again in 6 months?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You kill jesus over and over again every week.
Hey EG,

Really? Us Catholics, and a lot of Protestant denominations, "kill Jesus over and over again every week"?

I suspect (I don't' want to put words in your mouth) you are talking about when Christians participate in communion, like He told us to do in remembrance of Him, at The Last Supper?

Do you NOT do it in remembrance of Him like He asked you to do?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your are stuck, like calvinist and arminians are and quite a few others, in the view your view is right and everyone elses is wrong. So you put them all under the same umbrella.
Yes EG. When one is confident that they KNOW the Truth......they kind of tend to stick to it. (John 8:32)

Some lack confidence and allow other people to change their views. Some believe that they will never KNOW the Truth. They question and mock the people that are confident in the truth because of their lack of confidence.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You kill jesus over and over again every week.

Your are stuck, like calvinist and arminians are and quite a few others, in the view your view is right and everyone elses is wrong. So you put them all under the same umbrella.

My Gospel did not start 500 years ago. it started in the OT and continued in the NT and even continued after the roman church paganised it with works, and history and all these traditions.

You say your not like the jews, Yet your just like them,

They wanted Jesus, but they wanted the law with it. Paul taught them his entire ministry. Because they wanted to add grace ad works and say that is how you get to heaven,

Your church does EXACTLY that. They want grace and works also. Only they do not want works of the law. The only difference is they chose pagan works and added them to the equation and called it from God. They use the same arguments

History proves us right
Sola Scripture is a lie. We have our own added books and they are just as inspired as the word (Jews did the same thing)

Like I said You want to follow men, Feel free.

But eternity is to long for me to make the same mistake the jews made.
Hey EG,

I read thru your entire post and have chosen not to respond to most of it because it is the usual anti-Catholic babble that other men have written for the last 500 which is when your revolution started. You ARE repeating the lies, half-truths and revision of Christian history from OTHER MEN.

But the next to the last line of your post you say, Like I said You want to follow men, Feel free.

Yet YOU are following the lies, half-truths and revision of history FROM OTHER MEN!

You repeat 500-year-old interpretations of Scripture FROM OTHER MEN but then suggest that you came up with that interpretation yourself because YOU DON"T FOLLOW OTHER MEN!!!

Amazing that you can't see or at least admit your hypocrisy!!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the truth EG.

I follow the men of The Church (plural). Just like the NT Christians did and were told to do.

You follow YOU. You follow a (wo)man (singular). Where does Scripture tell you to do that?

Curious
@Eternally Grateful are you going to at least TRY to change my view and show me where Scripture supports your belief?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Idiot!!!!
Here is one question that no Protestant of your ilk has been able to answer. I hope you can:

Scripture, the word of God, equates being married to having children. Protestants of your ilk say there is a requirement to have sex when you are married. Having the child of another man means that you are married, or according to Scripture, should be married to that man.

Mary gave birth to God's child. We consider God a man. Yet, according to Protestants of your ilk, Mary still had sex with Joseph and had children with another man. Does that mean she committed adultery?

Mary

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your confusing fantasy from reality

The Roman Catholic Church was started by the Roman Empire. In order to keep its citizens from revolting. It added a bunch of pagan things to the church, and called them christian.

The church was the state. The Pontifus Maximus (pope) was the pope of the church and the ceasar of rome.

Again, You want to place your eternity in the hands of history and rome feel free

Eternity is to long for me to make that mistake..
I don't know if you just made that up, or you read some polemic, revisionist history about the Catholic Church, but it's not often I see this level of error. I don't know what to tell you, other than try to go to a secular library and do some honest historical research. Then you can speak to the issue intelligently.

The Catholic Church is the original Church founded by Christ. We have written evidence from very early on. St. Ignatius of Antioch, the bishop of Antioch ordained by St. Peter, was captured by the Romans. While they were transporting him to Rome to be martyred for the faith, he wrote a letter to the Smyrnaeans around 107-110 A.D., referring to the "Catholic Church," not in such a manner as if he were coining the term, but in such a manner in which he fully expected the Smyrnaeans to understand what he was talking about.

It says in paragraph 8, "Where the bishop is present, there let the congregation gather, just as where Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."

See the entire letter here: https://www.orderofstignatius.org/files/Letters/Ignatius_to_Smyrnaeans.pdf

Reactions: Marymog

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church is the original Church founded by Christ. We have written evidence from very early on. St. Ignatius of Antioch, the bishop of Antioch ordained by St. Peter, was captured by the Romans. While they were transporting him to Rome to be martyred for the faith, he wrote a letter to the Smyrnaeans around 107-110 A.D., referring to the "Catholic Church," not in such a manner as if he were coining the term, but in such a manner in which he fully expected the Smyrnaeans to understand what he was talking about.

It says in paragraph 8, "Where the bishop is present, there let the congregation gather, just as where Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."

See the entire letter here: https://www.orderofstignatius.org/files/Letters/Ignatius_to_Smyrnaeans.pdf
Respectfully, we need to distinguish "the Catholic Church" and "the ROMAN Catholic Church" here. You are surely right insofar as you intend the former. But if you intend the latter, you are looking at this the wrong way.

For the first three centuries after Pentecost there was a “main stream” Christian religion that overcame a bunch of heretical – let’s call them “Protestant,” why not? – movements to remain the dominant – let’s follow Ignatius and call it “Catholic,” why not? – church in Christendom. But this “main stream” Christianity wasn’t headquartered in Rome. It didn’t have one central governing super-bishop whose authority over everyone else was universally recognized. Several eastern, Greek-speaking Sees had equal claim to plenary authority within their metropolitans/provinces, particularly in Alexandria and Antioch. In 325 the Council of Nicaea produced, aside from its famous Creed, about twenty canons, the sixth of which suggests if not confirms the equal standing of these three sees. www.fourthcentury.com/nicaea-325-canons/

Their bishops generally (not perfectly) agreed on doctrinal matters with those in the Latin-speaking west. But it would be wrong to refer to these eastern, Greek-speaking bishoprics as part of the “Roman” Catholic Church. There was nothing “Roman” about them at the time. The Eastern Orthodox church of today rightly traces its roots to them, rather than to Rome.

No doubt the Roman Popes strove for authority throughout the Mediterranean world, but the notion did not gain much traction in the early Church. In the middle of the third century, Pope Stephen’s view regarding the efficacy of baptism by heretics was rejected by 87 bishops at a Council of Carthage, at which Cyprian stated: “For neither does any of us set himself up as a bishop of bishops, nor by tyrannical terror does any compel his colleague to the necessity of obedience; since every bishop, according to the allowance of his liberty and power, has his own proper right of judgment, and can no more be judged by another than he himself can judge another.” CHURCH FATHERS: On the Baptism of Heretics (Council of Carthage)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary naturally born without sin…False
Mary a perpetual Virgin…………..False
Mary bodily alive in Heaven……….False

Mary was naturally born in sin, of the seed of a man, just like every other Human.

She was a female and by all of accounts a Virgin, Believing, faithful, Jew.

She was betrothed to a man (Joseph) of the House of David and thereafter impregnated in her Virgin Womb, by the Power of God, with the Seed of God….by no effort of her own.

During her pregnancy, she became wed to Joseph. Joseph was told to not consummate his marriage to Mary until after the Birth of the child (and of course the Lawful waiting period of time according to Mosaic Law, after the birth of a male child.)

Thereafter there is ZERO indication or teaching, that Joseph or Mary would not consummate their marriage…

There is ZERO Scriptural indication of Scriptural teaching that Joseph was Celibate, by will or defect.

There is ZERO Scriptural indication or Scriptural teaching that Joseph and Mary would practice ANTI-MOSAIC Laws…

*That they would NOT consummate their marriage.
*That they would NOT MULTIPLY offspring.
*That Mary would REJECT her husbands sexual desires.

The PRETENSE teaching that Mary was “Naturally born” without sin and Mary “remained” a virgin during her marriage to Joseph…. IS NOT Scriptural teaching…
AND
By what IS Scriptural teaching…ALL natural born humans ARE born IN SIN.
AND
By what IS Scriptural teaching…VIRGINS…(male and female) having not been “sexually” defiled by the opposite gender ARE specifically “chosen BY God” TO serve God according to a “Specific Means”…

Mary Accomplished her EXPRESS Specific Service, and is Remembered for that!

144,000 VIRGINS of the Tribes of Israel shall ALSO accomplish their EXPRESS Specific Service.

Corrupt men….for centuries who could not Answer with accuracy…HOW God Himself could be born forth out of a human females virgin Womb, WHEN ALL humans are born IN SIN……
Not a big puzzle….While Mary’s body was born IN SIN….EXPRESSLY what was Acceptable to God, was her VIRGIN WOMB.

AND…Because Mary’s BODY WAS BORN IN SIN….She like every other Human, required a SAVIOR to forgive her SIN and SAVE her soul, which was Accomplished BEFORE her bodily Death as accounted in Scripture, IN Acts.

The SAVIOR, Christ Jesus, came to SAVE sinners…
If Mary was “without” SIN…Really? The Savior SAVED Mary (without sin)…??
FROM WHAT?

Acts 1
Acts 2

Glory to God,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: Pearl and L.A.M.B.