Illegal and unsafe route to safety

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than throwing money at Internet Forum panhandlers-- I want to encourage kind-hearted folks to support ministries that are making a real difference in entire communities
My post about people helping Plavious when they see he is working, trying to help himself wasn't about members donating to him. I meant where he lives....there must be some Christians or good hearted people who will respond to him when they see he is making an effort to work.

Very nice about that couple you mentioned with the ministry.

Christian Aid in Virginia does a wonderful work helping worldwide indigenous ministries in poor countries and even Muslim countries.
Recently I saw a report on a ministry they help in Cameroon. And they help hundreds of indigenous ministries in India as well.
Christianaid.org if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Nancy and Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My post about people helping Plavious when they see he is working, trying to help himself wasn't about members donating to him. I meant where he lives....there must be some Christians or good hearted people who will respond to him when they see he is making an effort to work.

Very nice about that couple you mentioned with the ministry.

Christian Aid in Virginia does a wonderful work helping worldwide indigenous ministries in poor countries and even Muslim countries.
Recently I saw a report on a ministry they help in Cameroon. And they help hundreds of indigenous ministries in India as well.
Christianaid.org if anyone is interested.

There are good churches in Yaoundé despite his efforts to make things sound as awful as possible. Plavious has family and many friends that he could network with if he chose to do so, rather than isolate himself and alienate others. There are resources available, and he is an educated man.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’m glad it tickled you, but in all seriousness a little reflection is in order.

Someone here might well have given poor @Plavious $5, $10, $50 or $500 that could have helped him along on his quest to illegally attempt a sea crossing and might have ended with a subsequent drowning that would have widowed his wife and orphaned his kids as one of those 59.

My ‘stink-eye’ put nothing in his pocket, but may well have saved his life, while returning him to the responsibilities as a father and husband that he was abandoning.

So who really did him a favor?
Your mocking tones speak more of you than you would guess and your 'rightness' testifies in favour of others.

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Many are making mockery of Plavious, others and making fun of him, many others are using Plavious' situation to pass on information and many more are using it to force an idea, doctrine into his head. I see posts the details Plavious as if he has reviewed his situation to many which is not true. Many make it a topic to talk many lies about Plavious which if he dares deny it, they will use all Christian vocabulary on him.

It is over a year now that I asked for help. Life and time has change but we still argue about it. When it is prayer request, we talk about a 1 year post, when I ask for opinion of a situation, you take me memory lane.

I reply to comments relevant to my present situation. Anything else, it is your opinion

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reply to comments relevant to my present situation
Do you have any family that you could go back to? Extended family I mean.

I remember your father was a Muslim and became a Christian....so maybe your extended family is Muslim? So in that case I understand you cannot go to them. Too dangerous.

I understand from the other forum that you are a widower. And I remember your son passed away. So no immediate family. I can understand that. My elderly mom and I are alone.

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Do you have any family that you could go back to? Extended family I mean.

I remember your father was a Muslim and became a Christian....so maybe your extended family is Muslim? So in that case I understand you cannot go to them. Too dangerous.

I understand from the other forum that you are a widower. And I remember your son passed away. So no immediate family. I can understand that. My elderly mom and I are alone.
With all due respect, I really will not want to talk about myself anymore in this forum or any other forum. I will not want to spark another argument or give reasons for anymore more of such.
Anything out of the scriptures, I don't want to talk about it. If at some point some can encourage me scriptural, that will be best. I may post a prayer request or any other but out of personal life.

There are messages here that pears so deep. I cause it when I asked for help. I have beared the consequences. I wish it can stop. I have topics in my life that I wouldn't ever want to talk about. Topics of sad memories that from discussion here, people will press hard on the wound and increase the pain rather than a massage

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect, I really will not want to talk about myself anymore in this forum or any other forum. I will not want to spark another argument or give reasons for anymore more of such.
Anything out of the scriptures, I don't want to talk about it. If at some point some can encourage me scriptural, that will be best. I may post a prayer request or any other but out of personal life.
I am sorry you feel this way. People had valid reasons to believe you were low-key asking for money as this kind of thing happens all the time on the internet. If you ever feel like sharing again, feel free to because as Christians we should be able to talk to each other about our problems. This is the internet, even your prayer/scripture related posts can and probably will lead to some controversy. That is the curse that comes with the blessing of the internet.

There are messages here that pears so deep. I cause it when I asked for help. I have beared the consequences. I wish it can stop. I have topics in my life that I wouldn't ever want to talk about. Topics of sad memories that from discussion here, people will press hard on the wound and increase the pain rather than a massage
I will admit that I am unsure of your reasons for telling us this stuff, but I will pray for you all the same. Like Debp asked, is there anyone you can go to?

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Plavious -I can lock the thread if you don’t want to carry on the conversation with other members - just wanted you to know you have that option xx

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I'm not here to judge and have restrained from posting until now. I will not doubt @Plavious is sincere, but I am also skeptical by nature after having experienced the homeless in the area where I live.

I wish you well @Plavious and will offer my sincere prayer on your behalf.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Herein lies the problem. You have shared stories-- all over the Internet. Tales of woe and peril, appeals for assistance and little details of your life that are inconsistent and outright deceitful. It's manipulative in the extreme. It's dishonest. All anyone would have to do is link in with people who know you and know your story. People from Yaounde or Bamenda who live and work there. Have you been honest Plavious?

But why would any of us go to the trouble of doing that? I can only speak for myself here. As a business person, if I am interested in investing, I conduct due diligence to vet out the legitimacy of the venture, and the people involved. You put a spotlight on yourself and I used it to examine your claims, and your person. You didn't check out, friend. It's that simple.

Have you been honest about your wife and children?
Have you been honest about your work? You say you've been unemployed since 2016.... what were you doing in 2019 and 2020 when the pandemic hit?

1686838664764.png

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Sir
Herein lies the problem. You have shared stories-- all over the Internet. Tales of woe and peril, appeals for assistance and little details of your life that are inconsistent and outright deceitful. It's manipulative in the extreme. It's dishonest. All anyone would have to do is link in with people who know you and know your story. People from Yaounde or Bamenda who live and work there. Have you been honest Plavious?

But why would any of us go to the trouble of doing that? I can only speak for myself here. As a business person, if I am interested in investing, I conduct due diligence to vet out the legitimacy of the venture, and the people involved. You put a spotlight on yourself and I used it to examine your claims, and your person. You didn't check out, friend. It's that simple.

Have you been honest about your wife and children?
Have you been honest about your work? You say you've been unemployed since 2016.... what were you doing in 2019 and 2020 when the pandemic hit?

View attachment 33650
Sir please in the name of God, stop tormenting me. Those who cares knows everything about your demand. Please I really beg you. if you have ever given me anything or any member of this forum kindly ask for a refund than doing all these too and fro stuff

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sir
Sir please in the name of God, stop tormenting me. Those who cares knows everything about your demand. Please I really beg you. if you have ever given me anything or any member of this forum kindly ask for a refund than doing all these too and fro stuff

Brother-- I took an interest in you because I was inclined to help you. Can you see that?

But when your stories didn't check out and I realized you were only trying to manipulate and take advantage of kind-hearted people I was compelled to caution folks. I invited you to be honest. I begged you to come clean. But every direct question you side-stepped and continued along a deceitful path.

I do feel compassion for you, but your wounds are mostly self-inflicted. I feel badly for that too, but you are not the first man to ever lose a job, or see his family fall apart. You are not the only man to suffer with depression, and sadness for your circumstances, or finances or feelings of injustice in this fallen, broken world we live in.

I would love to just have an open, honest dialogue with you and try to encourage you in meaningful ways, but it's just not possible when everything is veiled and masked.

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Can we leave it for God to judge us? Please I beg you will all humility. If this is what I need to go through to get help, it is not worth it. Take it as you have. Concluded.

Reactions: Mr E

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mr E

What is the above photo or shall I say whose hand is that holding some form of research material?