I'm a Christian and I support the legality of same-sex marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is it moral to get drunk? Is it moral to have pre-marital sex? Should the U.S. make those behaviors illegal?
You may not be aware because of a lot of misinformation, but prohibition actually worked. Families had money. Hospitals were half empty. Police were unemployed as far as assault and family violence was concerned. And the movies and controversy around bootlegging etc were exaggerated by the liquor industry. Thing is, there were victims of drunkenness... Innocent victims... Wives, children, who enjoyed respite because of laws that outlawed liquor.

I'm a Christian, heterosexual, married man with two children. I don't support homosexual behavior just like I don't support jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. I simply don't believe that I should have the power to dictate to another as to how they live their lives.

Do you remember wherein Jesus commanded us to, through the force of government, make all immoral behavior illegal? Yea, me neither.
I understand where you are coming from. Completely. Any union of church and state brings bad stuff upon society. Because the moment the wrong God is made the head of this union, there's trouble. But I think you need to find better grounds for supporting your libertarian concepts other than what you perceive as a lack of innocent victims to immoral behavior.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You couldn't be more wrong. The mindset behind same sex marriage is the same mindset that allows 6 year old girls to compete in beauty pageants. The same mindset that allows drag queens to read to your grandchildren in local libraries. The same mindset that has liberal teachers and politicians forbid you from confirming your 5 year old son in his male status. The same mindset that takes you to court and prosecutes you for refusing to call a woman "he". I could go on.
There is no such thing as no innocent collateral damage when it comes to open flagrant sin.
Amen! It’s not only the same mindset, but the same spirit of rebellion against God!

Reactions: Brakelite

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can say that "I'm a Christian and I support Unicorn marriage," and I would be saying the same thing as declaring that I support same-sex "marriage."

Neither exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While we are at it let's legalize pedophilia too because my goodness we don't want to live under a theocracy. While we are at let us legalize murder, theft, arson, shop lifting, and all the other things because hey we don't want a theocracy and we should support absolute freedom of choice.
Looking at America today, have we not already legalized pedophilia Arson (Burn), shop lifting (Loot), and (Murder)?

Non-enforcement of laws is tantamount to legalization.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For example, murder, assault, abortion, etc. should be ILLEGAL because they adversely affect an innocent, third-party.

Christians are adversely impacted by this idiotic law that (1). Destroyed the meaning of marriage, the Union between an Man and a Woman. It never has meant anything else, and I am not going to accept some perverts sick fantasy that it means the marriage between a man and a man, a man and a young boy, or a man and his horse. (2.) It infringes on the Christians Rights under the Constitution for Freedom of Religion! It attacks and persecutes Christians by intentionally forcing them to do or support things against their conscience. You can now be sued for being a Christian and put out of business for being a Christian. If we ever see justice and consistency, I should be able to sue a Muslim restaurant for refusing to make me a Bacon Cheeseburger! (3.) It gives a sick perversion more Rights than decent Law-abiding Christians. Employers are forces to give favoritism to perverts out of fear that they may be sued. Good Christian workers who likely deserve the promotion, are passed over because of racial, legal, and political pressure to conform to the Borg.

By Law, homosexual "marriage" is actually a law that makes being a true Christian to be illegal.

Pastor Council sues Austin for the right to not hire LGBTQ people
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article212063724.html
Churches that refuse to perform gay ‘marriages’ may lose insurance coverage

Last edited:

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I support freedom and personal choice. I do not want to live under a theocracy.
Certainly, you would be uncomfortable living eternally in Heaven's Theocracy! God will certainly not allow you into His Presence if you find Him and His will to be so odious to your desires.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuality and overt perversions affects everybody. Kids are influenced, the impressionable always try to emulate the latest trend
Yet, people claim to be Christians while they support actions that ensure the eternal destiny of people to be in Hell.

There is no consideration whether "legalizing" or allowing sinful behavior without earthly consequences harms the will of God to seek and to save the lost.

Can you be a quarterback on the "Heaven's Bride" football team and make plays for the "Devil's Brigade" team?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's what it is, and is legal in most Western countries, because a majority supports it.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's what it is, and is legal in most Western countries, because a majority supports it.

Same sex marriage has been legal in South Africa for 14 years.

So is it the end for USA, Australia, New Zealand, UK and Canada?

I don't think so....

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet, people claim to be Christians while they support actions that ensure the eternal destiny of people to be in Hell.

There is no consideration whether "legalizing" or allowing sinful behavior without earthly consequences harms the will of God to seek and to save the lost.

Can you be a quarterback on the "Heaven's Bride" football team and make plays for the "Devil's Brigade" team?
Yes, exactly, I don't believe that they appreciate the ramifications of sin. Most people would never have fathomed such atrocities that have been committed throughout human history, if they, first of all, had not be advertised or even suggested, and secondly, accepted or not denounced on one level or another.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So is the murder of innocent babies, but this is an abomination to God!

Well when you have worldly countries that is what happens. There are only a few strong Christian nations on planet earth at the moment, seems like most of them are islands in the Pacific Ocean, besides Pacific Islands, I believe Armenia is also one of those strong Christian nations.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well when you have worldly countries that is what happens. There are only a few strong Christian nations on planet earth at the moment, seems like most of them are islands in the Pacific Ocean, besides Pacific Islands, I believe Armenia is also one of those strong Christian nations.
It's interesting that you mention Armenia. My late husband's mother was from Armenia. As the Muslims were slaughtering the Christian Armenians, his grandmother fled by cover of night traveling from one home to another with two young children in tow. They made it to the U.S. and settled here. I believe that over a million Armenians were murdered when all was said and done. A very sad chapter in world history!

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's interesting that you mention Armenia. My late husband's mother was from Armenia. As the Muslims were slaughtering the Christian Armenians, his grandmother fled by cover of night traveling from one home to another with two young children in tow. They made it to the U.S. and settled here. I believe that over a million Armenians were murdered when all was said and done. A very sad chapter in world history!

Yep very sad..

What else is also sad, it seems that people who end up homosexual or lesbian, usually is a result of a rough childhood whether it be bullying or being assaulted, abused, or a result of damaged past heterosexual relationships, to the point that they can no longer trust the opposite sex.

Only God can fix that brokenness.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuality is a sin. In practice it is literally sex with poop. Just how much it damages the lives of others is hard to calculate. It makes life unsafe for children, produces an atmosphere that could irreparably harm them for life.

It should never be a law that Christians have to accept them for what they are. They should not have to work with them. They should not have to hire them. They should not have to be around them. No company, store, or restaurant should be required to serve or do business with them. Christians should not be made to tolerate homosexuality.

Then again, we do not want governments mandating morals that are religious morals….either way. Separation of church and state was put there for a really good reason. Those that know history, know that this never works out. lol, For one thing you will find that 99 percent of the time, it would not be the denomination that you like!

Western morals and customs….respect for law and order, respect for each other and courtesies. Western morals are a cultural rule of thumb. In a lot of ways we affect the cultural morels of the world….for good and sometimes bad. Right now our cultural and religious morals are being attacked on every front. Christianity and patriotism is being attacked. Give them an inch and they will kill you and take it all! Don’t believer me? They are murdering over 600,000 babies and year and making profits on selling their bodies. It makes Hitler look like an alter boy!

There are four words that the far left revolution has ruined…

Progressive now means; The movement towards communism.

Freedom now means; Anarchy and mob rule.

Peaceful has lost it meaning all together.

Demonstration means; Violent murderous revolution by mobs.

On the other hand you do not want Christianity regulating sexual activates….they would regulate the sexual activities between you and your wife. We do not want to go around sniffing each other’s crouches. What a person does with there crouch is their business….. until they harm others….then it is our business. So that means we do not hunt them down….we do not hate them….but we do not have to condone or tolerate the sin of homosexuality or associate with them.

A lot of times when I speaking on the topic of homosexuality I also address the topic of pediphiles. They are linked in both thought and actions. If you want me to prove it, it will get dirty and nasty real quick! Homosexual couples that adopt children usually raise them to be homosexual. A good many homosexuals are the way they are because they were abused as children. Strangely enough though, those that abuse children believe that they are liberating them. Be warned! Homosexuals are bold! They walk around naked at gay pride parades and they have the audacity to sit in a church bathroom waiting for kids. Absolute fact, I have personally drugged them out by their hair. Watch your children and grandchildren!

Then again, if a homosexual wishes to change his ways and be saved, he should talk to the church first and explain his intent. Special restroom accommodations should be made and it does not include a guy wearing a dress to church. But still he has a soul and it is only Christian to give him a chance.

You do not want the government enforcing religious morals? For one thing, no one would agree to which morals to enforce or to what extent. Fined for not going to church? Fined for not tithing? Tobacco and alcohol outlawed? Male and female public pools and beaches. Women fined for wearing pants? Neck high and ankle length dress required. Would female preacher be arrested? Some religions would have us riding around in horse and buggies and no electricity. Fat people arrested for gluttony. lol So that would never work.

Bottom line if you want to live in a country that stands for freedom and liberty, they have the freedom to be homosexual. But any preacher that would marry a gay couple will have to answer to Christ in the end. If they do not want us coming down on them for this, they can choose to be domestic partners. They are not subscribing to the morals of Christianity, they are an abomination to the institution of marriage, so why be married?

Then on the other side of the coin we have the freedom of not associating with them. And the right of free speech gives us the right to publicly denounce their lifestyle and the sin it represents. And churches and business, wedding apparel and cakes should have the right to refuse service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same sex marriage has been legal in South Africa for 14 years.

So is it the end for USA, Australia, New Zealand, UK and Canada?

I don't think so....
If Trump wins again don't be surprised if the Left tries to burn America to the ground!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottom line if you want to live in a country that stands for freedom and liberty, they have the freedom to be homosexual. But any preacher that would marry a gay couple will have to answer to Christ in the end. If they do not want us coming down on them for this, they can choose to be domestic partners. They are not subscribing to the morals of Christianity, they are an abomination to the institution of marriage, so why be married?

This is an important point. Homosexuals could enter into domestic partnerships, which, in many states, allowed them the legal benefits of marriage without calling it marriage. But this wasn't enough! Some of them INSISTED that their relationships be called "marriage." In the process, they corrupted the sacred institution that God created.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't. What is the biblical basis for Christians to establish a totalitarian theocracy on the entire world?

" '"To the victor, who keeps to my ways until the end, I will give authority over the nations.

He will rule them with an iron rod. Like clay vessels will they be smashed,

just as I received authority from my Father. And to him I will give the morning star.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wish the U.S. was mostly like Little House on the Prairie wherein 99% were good Christian members of society that all set positive examples for children and where children respected their elders and other people's property, etc. Unfortunately, we're going in the other direction.

Yes, it took some time for the culture of Christendom to deteriorate, but the fruit of rebellion, is always rebellion...

Lord Jesus,
For the sake of your sorrowful passion,
Have mercy on us, and on the whole world!