I'm a Christian and I support the legality of same-sex marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo You are thinking....
A. Christ deceived all of the Apostles?
B. The Apostles got it wrong? If so how many other things did they get wrong?
C. Christ was just kidding when He said that this generation will not pass before these things occur?
D. The joke has been on us for believing?
Believe that Jesus meant that once the second coming events start to be counted down to his coming in earnest, as in the Great tribulation period, THAT generation shall see the lord returning!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Generally speaking yes. Prophecy was a topic that beginning in the 4 th century was relegated to the back burner. Also as the church adopted an allegorical heremeneutic, end times were even more mysticized. During the reformation as Scripture became available to the masses and allowed to be read by the masses, there was far more important issues of doctrine to deal with than eschatology.

Teh church was generally amillenial andJesus return was always some far distance away in time. It wasn't until a dispensational hermeneutic was rediscovered (the term was new but the methodology was very old) did interest in end times began in earnest.
What is interesting, is that there was always an interest among us reformed baptist as the the premil Second Coming, as there was a connection between Dispy and Calvinists from early on!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Wrong As Augustine and the amillenial hermeneutic took hold prophecy was less talked on. the more "gentilized" the church became, the less interest in literal eschatology there was! Replacement theology began and the church became Israel!

2. Yes The Church is a messy place, but eh Roman church had so many things wrong I would rather a messy church as Paul instructed and taught and declared was the case, than an authoritarian ecclesiastical monarchy telling people what they can and cannot believe. The Protestant reformation overturned Europe!

3. Which 1,000AD or 2,000 AD. Yes there was a brief resurgence in end times thought around 1,000 AD as it was the end of a thousand years and people thought Jesus could return. But when it didn't happen- just like with all the false prophets who have been predicting Jesus' return lately and failed- interest quickly died! short live spurts always happen and in the general population of christendom, it also quickly dies.
I was for many years a convened Dispy, but past several years shifted to Covenant Theology, but still strong historical premil, and do see hope for national israel at time of second Coming!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Wrong As Augustine and the amillenial hermeneutic took hold prophecy was less talked on. the more "gentilized" the church became, the less interest in literal eschatology there was! Replacement theology began and the church became Israel!

2. Yes The Church is a messy place, but eh Roman church had so many things wrong I would rather a messy church as Paul instructed and taught and declared was the case, than an authoritarian ecclesiastical monarchy telling people what they can and cannot believe. The Protestant reformation overturned Europe!

3. Which 1,000AD or 2,000 AD. Yes there was a brief resurgence in end times thought around 1,000 AD as it was the end of a thousand years and people thought Jesus could return. But when it didn't happen- just like with all the false prophets who have been predicting Jesus' return lately and failed- interest quickly died! short live spurts always happen and in the general population of christendom, it also quickly dies.

Oh my gosh!

See what I mean…say little…error big. 1. prophecy was less talked on….wrong! Around the fourth Mary started her visitations and here visitations and prophecies and healing numbered in the thousands and are still going on. 2. The oldest and largest Church on earth interpreting scriptures….is that a shock to you. 30,000 denomination interpreting scriptures, does what? If it the Bible was a traffic manual it would not be safe to drive the streets. History history history….read and heed! Israel, in the middle ages the Church persecuted the Jews….Constantinople was the Christian center of the world, from the time of Constantine to the Holy Roman Empire and then it moved around here and there until it ended up in Italy and then of course the Vatican. The Church considered Israel important but never considered making a Christian capital, or becoming like Israel.

Yes The Church is a messy place, but eh Roman church had so many things wrong I would rather a messy church as Paul instructed and taught and declared was the case, than an authoritarian ecclesiastical monarchy telling people what they can and cannot believe. The Protestant reformation overturned Europe!

Paul never talked about the Roman Catholics or Christians.

The Protestant reformation overturned nothing. Even the various Protestant denominations did not get along. The Catholics, Protestant, and the Church of England and Scotland and the wars between them. Does overturn means wars….they lost. That is why many came to the New World.

You cannot blame people for wondering why Christ has not returned when it is nearly the primary theme of the NT. Interest in the return of Christ has not diminished in any denomination…that I know of.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe that Jesus meant that once the second coming events start to be counted down to his coming in earnest, as in the Great tribulation period, THAT generation shall see the lord returning!

How many explanations for this do you think has been proposed over the centuries? Do you think the Tribulation was prophesied to last for nearly 300 years?

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I support freedom and personal choice. I do not want to live under a theocracy. Therefore, religious doctrine should NOT be used to regulate another's behavior, such as same-sex relations or marriage. I DO support laws that protect being victimized by another. For example, murder, assault, abortion, etc. should be ILLEGAL because they adversely affect an innocent, third-party. Same-sex marriage does not.

Frankly, the government should NOT be in the marriage "business". Why should citizens have to pay a fee to the government to get a marriage license? State governments should get OUT. Then, two consenting, competent adults can get "married" within their private organization and they can tell us everyone they're "married" and we can choose to recognize it or ignore it. Courts can continue to deal with marital issues as they are the arbitrator for all sorts of contracts, including marriage.

As well, I will remind my Christian friends that, God gave us free will to make our own choices. Who are we to restrict another's free will by imposing laws against behavior that doesn't affect us in the slightest? While we're at it, I also believe that prostitution, drug use and gambling should also be legal.
Why in the world would a "Christian" support sin? And why this particular sin?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why in the world would a "Christian" support sin? And why this particular sin?

I have to comment on this.
Why this particular sin?
For one a marriage licence for a gay marriage is a ticket to hell. It is habitual by design. No repentance and so no forgiveness and it can also damn children...economy damning!

Secondly the historical progression of Christian Marriage is unique. It is not, just, two people tying the knot. As it is now, it is the foundation of the Christian culture. All that is moral. All that is good. All that is normal. Family and children and church and love.
Satan is a schemer. Let us go and take their moral compass and give it a whirl! Let punch holes in what they thing is moral, good, and normal. Let us appeal to their since of fairness..."Oh the homos don't hurt anybody, they are so cute and have such sweet smiles." "My uncle Jessie is such a nice person."
So now love is about playing with poop and you better watch your children around uncle Jessie.
This is how Satan works....let us put homosexuals in shows and sitcoms. "Oh isn't he funny!" They do this so that your kids get use to it. It's all normal.

Since Christians and Bible condemn homosexuals, they have a tendency to be atheists and hate Christians, any children around them will be exposed to that feeling of hate for God.

Well abortion is a woman right....Satan is thinking, if I can get them to murder babies, it should be easy to get them to kill their children or each other.

If a woman has the right to murder her baby....why shouldn't she have the right to sell sex for money or drugs? If we legalize it we can tax it

Well I use pot for medicinal purposes.....my son like it too....says it helps him with his homework. If we legalize it we can tax it.

Best to start them when they are young. Now many of you are not going to believe me when I tell you that the public schools and colleges are teaching your children to be atheist, communist, homosexuals and transsexual suggestions. I have done my homework including interviews....you can bet on it. If you do not heed the warning, it will be your children and grandchildren that will pay for it.
Disclaimer....it is not only public schools.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to comment on this.
Why this particular sin?
For one a marriage licence for a gay marriage is a ticket to hell. It is habitual by design. No repentance and so no forgiveness and it can also damn children...economy damning!

Secondly the historical progression of Christian Marriage is unique. It is not, just, two people tying the knot. As it is now, it is the foundation of the Christian culture. All that is moral. All that is good. All that is normal. Family and children and church and love.
Satan is a schemer. Let us go and take their moral compass and give it a whirl! Let punch holes in what they thing is moral, good, and normal. Let us appeal to their since of fairness..."Oh the homos don't hurt anybody, they are so cute and have such sweet smiles." "My uncle Jessie is such a nice person."
So now love is about playing with poop and you better watch your children around uncle Jessie.
This is how Satan works....let us put homosexuals in shows and sitcoms. "Oh isn't he funny!" They do this so that your kids get use to it. It's all normal.

Since Christians and Bible condemn homosexuals, they have a tendency to be atheists and hate Christians, any children around them will be exposed to that feeling of hate for God.

Well abortion is a woman right....Satan is thinking, if I can get them to murder babies, it should be easy to get them to kill their children or each other.

If a woman has the right to murder her baby....why shouldn't she have the right to sell sex for money or drugs? If we legalize it we can tax it

Well I use pot for medicinal purposes.....my son like it too....says it helps him with his homework. If we legalize it we can tax it.

Best to start them when they are young. Now many of you are not going to believe me when I tell you that the public schools and colleges are teaching your children to be atheist, communist, homosexuals and transsexual suggestions. I have done my homework including interviews....you can bet on it. If you do not heed the warning, it will be your children and grandchildren that will pay for it.
Disclaimer....it is not only public schools.
Amen! We as Christians cannot just accept and be silent on issues such as this and abortion, for did not the parents of Moses go against law that all Hebrews sons must be killed off?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so was i

but you didnt, bc you cant, and you wont bc you cant, bc it is not in There wadr, sorry
not anywhere, not one single time

"overcome satan's dialectic?" Can you even define satan's dialectic?

Well it still is irrelavent.

But I did bc I can and have bc it is there.

Yes I can define it-csan you?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is interesting, is that there was always an interest among us reformed baptist as the the premil Second Coming, as there was a connection between Dispy and Calvinists from early on!

Well I hold to the five points of Calvinism, and that is as far as my knowledge goes. I reads teh Institutes many many years agfo, but it is forgotten. Calvinists tend to be amill or post mil I thought.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was for many years a convened Dispy, but past several years shifted to Covenant Theology, but still strong historical premil, and do see hope for national israel at time of second Coming!

I have no clue what a convened dispy is! But if you believe God is not done with Israel and are pre-mil, you hold to a dispensational eschatology. As for hermeneutic, do you hold to teh allegorical heremeneutic?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See what I mean…say little…error big. 1. prophecy was less talked on….wrong! Around the fourth Mary started her visitations and here visitations and prophecies and healing numbered in the thousands and are still going on. 2. The oldest and largest Church on earth interpreting scriptures….is that a shock to you. 30,000 denomination interpreting scriptures, does what? If it the Bible was a traffic manual it would not be safe to drive the streets. History history history….read and heed! Israel, in the middle ages the Church persecuted the Jews….Constantinople was the Christian center of the world, from the time of Constantine to the Holy Roman Empire and then it moved around here and there until it ended up in Italy and then of course the Vatican. The Church considered Israel important but never considered making a Christian capital, or becoming like Israel.

Marian visions are not biblical eschatology. When you say fourth are you referring otthe fourth century? Because according to the RC website, the first recorded Marian vision happened c. 1509.

Constantinople was the Center but it was still the RC Church not the consantinople church!

And that is why the RC sect has erred because it decided it could interpret the Scriptures instead of accepting them as written. Are you okay with the Papacy being vicarius Christi?

The bible is not a traffic manual, but a testament to the Glory of God and how man can be redeemed from their own penalty of sin.

The church considered itself a new theocracy! THE RC church was called the only true church and to depart from it was to lose ones salvation. alleuropean kings acceded to teh wishes of Rome for the most part and kings would not reign without the papal blessing.

To the RC, Israel was important, but not because God still has active covenants with the people, but because of its religious significance.

Rome was the seat of teh Empires official religion Roman cathokicism in teh fourth century with the construction of St. Peters Basilica.

Paul never talked about the Roman Catholics or Christians.

The Protestant reformation overturned nothing. Even the various Protestant denominations did not get along. The Catholics, Protestant, and the Church of England and Scotland and the wars between them. Does overturn means wars….they lost. That is why many came to the New World.

Right! Paul talked about followers of Jesus.

The protestant reformation brought the scriptures to the hands of the masses and sought to overturn the excesses of Rome. which it did for many. It exposed many false doctrines of the RC Church. Not that the new churches did not have problems, for they did.

Remember Luther sought to bring change within the RC Church not establish new denominations! But it was the intransigence of Rome and its wealthy benefactors that caused the split. Diet of Worms

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marian visions are not biblical eschatology. When you say fourth are you referring otthe fourth century? Because according to the RC website, the first recorded Marian vision happened c. 1509. lol belly roll Just a little

This discussion is out of this thread and my information would fill about 30 post and I guess you like to call the Roman Catholic Church RC.

But is a website that has a little Marian information

Chronological Table of Marian Events : University of Dayton, Ohio

You say so may incorrect things, I would have to take a career up to correct just a little of them.

There is no such thing as Constantinople church!

The Roman Catholic Church is not a sect.

The Roman Catholic Church was not a new theocracy! Unless you are counting Gnostics it was about the only one.

The topic of reform is not about Marian or same sex...start a thread

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marian visions are not biblical eschatology. When you say fourth are you referring otthe fourth century? Because according to the RC website, the first recorded Marian vision happened c. 1509. lol belly roll Just a little

This discussion is out of this thread and my information would fill about 30 post and I guess you like to call the Roman Catholic Church RC.

But is a website that has a little Marian information

Chronological Table of Marian Events : University of Dayton, Ohio

You say so may incorrect things, I would have to take a career up to correct just a little of them.

There is no such thing as Constantinople church!

The Roman Catholic Church is not a sect.

The Roman Catholic Church was not a new theocracy! Unless you are counting Gnostics it was about the only one.

The topic of reform is not about Marian or same sex...start a thread

So Mary was dead by 40 AD? Proof?

Mary is not the focus- Jesus is. But marian visions are all wrong anyhow biblically.

And I just quoted from a RC site about Marian visions. I guess the two sites should get together and figure it out. I could care less about how many marian visions occurred- they are wrong.

YOU are correct ther never was a sect called the Holy Constantinople Church!

Romanism is a sect of Christendom

Yes Rome became a theocracy! all spiritual laws and all matters pertaining to God had to be approved through Rome! Not at first. it took time for the merging of teh physical and spiritual empires. While a pope was never an emperoro, an emepror would not reign well without th eblessing of the pope.

I agree, I do not kno whow this got on this topic. I just answer people with whatever questions they ask. If they go off on a rabbit trail. I tend to follow the trail.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the Eastern Orthodox Church was certainly the Constantinople Church.

As the Empire split- so too would the church split.

Prior to Paul teh church was centered in Jerusalem.

Then Paul established the gentile churches throughout the empire, and they were a very loose conglomeration of churches founded by Paul. It wasn't until the mid 2nd century (if memory serves) that th eoffice of bishop grew in power from simply a pastor to one who over saw several churches. But tere were still many divisions. Though the Jewish wing of teh church was dying, it still tended to be separate from the gentile wing.

Then the issue of different apostles and disciples establsihing different churches in different areas. And th elack of a full cohesive NT Scripture. Masny churches had just letters and the remembrance of the Apostle or disciple who spent time there.

Then came the persecutions where much of the church went underground to survive.

Then there was the gnostic attacks, the grecian philosophy attacks, and the bleeding in of pagan concepts into teh churches by converts over time. the chruch has always been a messy place.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary is not the focus- Jesus is. But marian visions are all wrong anyhow biblically.

And I just quoted from a RC site about Marian visions. I guess the two sites should get together and figure it out. I could care less about how many marian visions occurred- they are wrong.

Yes Rome became a theocracy! all spiritual laws and all matters pertaining to God had to be approved through Rome! Not at first. it took time for the merging of teh physical and spiritual empires. While a pope was never an emperoro, an emepror would not reign well without th eblessing of the pope.

I agree, I do not kno whow this got on this topic. I just answer people with whatever questions they ask. If they go off on a rabbit trail. I tend to follow the trail.

First of there is a Marian thread under theology this a same sex marriage thread.

Secondly, Christianity did not stop at the end of the Bible!

No it is not!

Well let this be because you are hurting my head.