I'm a Christian and I support the legality of same-sex marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Last line- cute but irrelevant.
well fwiw that is the only Scripture in the post; ergo likely the only relevant line lol

And sorry but truth is fact and facts form truth!
so you say anyway, yes
doesnt make that true tho i guess
David Byrne has an excellent treatise on "facts," you might contemplate sometime,
but suffice it to say that facts can be very deceptive
Hitler introduced some very progressive social ideas that we are just now catching up to
and etc

I live in the mystery form of the Kingdom now! And the Bible does declare the fact that when Jesus physically returns as He said He will, He will establish a 1,000 year kingdom on planet earth as Scripture declares! I will reign with Jesus for 1,000 years as part of the His bride consort!
only you cannot Quote "Jesus, Returning" from anywhere, and wadr i am not inclined to argue with you, who speaks exclusively in Satan's Dialectic, anyway, although irl i would never say this, and i would hate for you to take it wrong.
All are deceived, and come short, right?

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to be kidding me.
Read the NT. Only five scriptures you have to be kidding me!

The times, they are a changing….But when did the times change? When will they change?

Hebrews 1:1-2
God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

1st Peter 1:20
For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you.

Matthew 24:34
Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

1st Corinthians 7:29
But this I say, brethren, the time has been shortened, so that from now on those who have wives should be as though they had none;

2nd Thessalonians 2:2
that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

1st John 2:18
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

Revelation 1:1-3
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

Revelation 22:20
He who testifies to these things says, “Yes I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Yeshua.

Rev. 1 is about the letters. Look at context. chapter four starts a new vision. John didn't know he was going ot have multiple visions so introduced them all with this greeting.

1 Cor. 7 Yes we have been living in the last days since Pentecost. After the church age is punishment judgment and the return of Jesus!

1 JOhn 2: John did not believe it was the last hour or day when he penned this. This was written c. 90 AD and the church had already endured the insanity of Nero!

2 thess. 2: Paul was comforting the church because they had heard the rapture had already happened and that the day of the Lord (the tribulation) was about to begin. Paul said no- that those days could not happen until the events eh then went on to list took place. This is neither urgent or non urgent.

Matt 24: Jesus was not saying that the living generation wouldn't die out, but teh generation that saw all those things. He did not know the day of His return but He knew it would be a long while! The rest of HIs teaching and parables reveal that!

I know that the chuch (until through apostasy was thrown into teh drk ages) always had a sense of imminency. I do not believe anyone believed it would take thousands of years! God did. Paul know more it would be a longer term event than nearly all others because he was a premier OT Scholar so knew all the prophetic events that must come to pass concerning Israel before the end would come. I knoe that teh end or the physical return of Jesus is a minmum of 10 1/2 years away based on events that SCripture say must come to pass.

Paul also knew that Israel had to be removed from the land and scattered across the globe and then be restored to their land! That is OT prophesy in several places.

Paul also knew that Gog of Magog with His allies has to invade Israel once it was brougt back to the land. He also knew that the man of sin had to enter the temple and declare himself God! So Paul was not one who thought it could happen anyday! He knew the events that HAVE to take place first.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James thought that His half brother was right at the door!

YOu understanding of James is incorrect.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Jas 5:9

Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

It carries the same sense as this:

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Both Jesus and the Judge are on the outside awaiting to come in. One to save (Rev.) and the other to possible rebuke.

Also "at" in Rev. 30 is "epi" and before in James is "pro" and have similar connotations unless the passage requires something else. both are prepositions.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 1 is about the letters. Look at context. chapter four starts a new vision. John didn't know he was going ot have multiple visions so introduced them all with this greeting.

1 Cor. 7 Yes we have been living in the last days since Pentecost. After the church age is punishment judgment and the return of Jesus!

1 JOhn 2: John did not believe it was the last hour or day when he penned this. This was written c. 90 AD and the church had already endured the insanity of Nero!

2 thess. 2: Paul was comforting the church because they had heard the rapture had already happened and that the day of the Lord (the tribulation) was about to begin. Paul said no- that those days could not happen until the events eh then went on to list took place. This is neither urgent or non urgent.

Matt 24: Jesus was not saying that the living generation wouldn't die out, but teh generation that saw all those things. He did not know the day of His return but He knew it would be a long while! The rest of HIs teaching and parables reveal that!

I know that the chuch (until through apostasy was thrown into teh drk ages) always had a sense of imminency. I do not believe anyone believed it would take thousands of years! God did. Paul know more it would be a longer term event than nearly all others because he was a premier OT Scholar so knew all the prophetic events that must come to pass concerning Israel before the end would come. I knoe that teh end or the physical return of Jesus is a minmum of 10 1/2 years away based on events that SCripture say must come to pass.

Paul also knew that Israel had to be removed from the land and scattered across the globe and then be restored to their land! That is OT prophesy in several places.

Paul also knew that Gog of Magog with His allies has to invade Israel once it was brougt back to the land. He also knew that the man of sin had to enter the temple and declare himself God! So Paul was not one who thought it could happen anyday! He knew the events that HAVE to take place first.
Yeap and as I have noted, all of that was to occur very very quickly.... so quickly that Paul was advising not to get married. Why would you want children for the persecutions? See under normal conditions Christian would have an interest in families. There is no focus on the family in NT. It is not until much later that the "church" develops an interest in giving guidance to families. The focus in the NT was to save as many souls as possible before Christ returned.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well fwiw that is the only Scripture in the post; ergo likely the only relevant line lol

Well I ws referring to this:

he who says he knows, doesnt

so you say anyway, yes
doesnt make that true tho i guess
David Byrne has an excellent treatise on "facts," you might contemplate sometime,
but suffice it to say that facts can be very deceptive
Hitler introduced some very progressive social ideas that we are just now catching up to
and etc

Fzcts re truth, unless someone wishes to reapply facts to an areas they are not pertinent to.

only you cannot Quote "Jesus, Returning" from anywhere, and wadr i am not inclined to argue with you, who speaks exclusively in Satan's Dialectic, anyway, although irl i would never say this, and i would hate for you to take it wrong.
All are deceived, and come short, right?

But I can!

And yes all are deceived and come short, until the Holy Spirit renews their mind, and they begin the lifelong process of the intake of teh Word of God! Then they can know truth from error and overcome Satans dialectic.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I ws referring to this:

Fzcts re truth, unless someone wishes to reapply facts to an areas they are not pertinent to.

But I can!

And yes all are deceived and come short, until the Holy Spirit renews their mind, and they begin the lifelong process of the intake of teh Word of God! Then they can know truth from error and overcome Satans dialectic.

Que Sera Sera! Whatever will be, will be! The future is not ours to see!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu understanding of James is incorrect.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Jas 5:9

Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

It carries the same sense as this:

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Both Jesus and the Judge are on the outside awaiting to come in. One to save (Rev.) and the other to possible rebuke.

Also "at" in Rev. 30 is "epi" and before in James is "pro" and have similar connotations unless the passage requires something else. both are prepositions.
Thanks, so the reference was not to his soon coming, but to being there to judge disputes among us?

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeap and as I have noted, all of that was to occur very very quickly.... so quickly that Paul was advising not to get married. Why would you want children for the persecutions? See under normal conditions Christian would have an interest in families. There is no focus on the family in NT. It is not until much later that the "church" develops an interest in giving guidance to families. The focus in the NT was to save as many souls as possible before Christ returned.
Jesus never informed them that he would be soon returning, but to be about his business when he did!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did the Christians lose sense of imminent returning when the church at large seemed to almost totally eglect study of prophecy during Middle Ages, as much more concerned with the reformation and what the real Gospel means?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, so the reference was not to his soon coming, but to being there to judge disputes among us?

No- to judge individuals. This is a metaphor for Jesus standing at the door of our heats to judge and discern. Because He is called Judge. It cold be for church disputed, but definitely for individual issues within a heart!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never informed them that he would be soon returning, but to be about his business when he did!
Sooooo You are thinking....
A. Christ deceived all of the Apostles?
B. The Apostles got it wrong? If so how many other things did they get wrong?
C. Christ was just kidding when He said that this generation will not pass before these things occur?
D. The joke has been on us for believing?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the Christians lose sense of imminent returning when the church at large seemed to almost totally eglect study of prophecy during Middle Ages, as much more concerned with the reformation and what the real Gospel means?

Generally speaking yes. Prophecy was a topic that beginning in the 4 th century was relegated to the back burner. Also as the church adopted an allegorical heremeneutic, end times were even more mysticized. During the reformation as Scripture became available to the masses and allowed to be read by the masses, there was far more important issues of doctrine to deal with than eschatology.

Teh church was generally amillenial andJesus return was always some far distance away in time. It wasn't until a dispensational hermeneutic was rediscovered (the term was new but the methodology was very old) did interest in end times began in earnest.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As well, I will remind my Christian friends that, God gave us free will to make our own choices. Who are we to restrict another's free will by imposing laws against behavior that doesn't affect us in the slightest? While we're at it, I also believe that prostitution, drug use and gambling should also be legal.
Why should something that is morally reprehensive be legal?
Gambling is addictive, but already legal in many areas
Drugs, also addictive and kill many people.
Prostitution, warping of God's design, and basically an enslavement of women.
And same sex marriage simply isn't marriage at all.
It's another perversion of God's good design.

Seems to me for something to be legal, it should have some benefit to society.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Generally speaking yes. Prophecy was a topic that beginning in the 4 th century was relegated to the back burner. Also as the church adopted an allegorical heremeneutic, end times were even more mysticized. During the reformation as Scripture became available to the masses and allowed to be read by the masses, there was far more important issues of doctrine to deal with than eschatology.

Teh church was generally amillenial andJesus return was always some far distance away in time. It wasn't until a dispensational hermeneutic was rediscovered (the term was new but the methodology was very old) did interest in end times began in earnest.

When I talk to people I find it amazing that, with just a couple sentences they can get ten things completely wrong.
!. Prophecy started in earnest around the forth century.
2. "Scripture became available to the masses and allowed to be read by the masses, there was far more important issues of doctrine to deal with than eschatology." You realize what that did, they fractured the church into 30,000 interpretations and denomintions. Far more important issues! Theologically what have they agreed upon.
3. "It wasn't until a dispensational hermetical was rediscovered (the term was new but the methodology was very old) did interest in end times began in earnest." I think you need to look into the history of the Church around the turn of the millennium.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I talk to people I find it amazing that, with just a couple sentences they can get ten things completely wrong.
!. Prophecy started in earnest around the forth century.
2. "Scripture became available to the masses and allowed to be read by the masses, there was far more important issues of doctrine to deal with than eschatology." You realize what that did, they fractured the church into 30,000 interpretations and denomintions. Far more important issues! Theologically what have they agreed upon.
3. "It wasn't until a dispensational hermetical was rediscovered (the term was new but the methodology was very old) did interest in end times began in earnest." I think you need to look into the history of the Church around the turn of the millennium.

1 Wrong As Augustine and the amillenial hermeneutic took hold prophecy was less talked on. the more "gentilized" the church became, the less interest in literal eschatology there was! Replacement theology began and the church became Israel!

2. Yes The Church is a messy place, but eh Roman church had so many things wrong I would rather a messy church as Paul instructed and taught and declared was the case, than an authoritarian ecclesiastical monarchy telling people what they can and cannot believe. The Protestant reformation overturned Europe!

3. Which 1,000AD or 2,000 AD. Yes there was a brief resurgence in end times thought around 1,000 AD as it was the end of a thousand years and people thought Jesus could return. But when it didn't happen- just like with all the false prophets who have been predicting Jesus' return lately and failed- interest quickly died! short live spurts always happen and in the general population of christendom, it also quickly dies.