In BIBLE we trust? - Misplaced allegiance?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless the Bible is utilized Christians are nothing more than a self proclaimed "good guy club" that is comprised of nothing more than a bunch of self-righteous bigots.

And I would not want to be a part of any of them....we already have plenty of those sort currently holding office in the Congress of the US.

So....
We must use the scriptures...
However, as scriptures say that the heart is the most deceitful above all else....it's that men refuse to repent of sin. They always want to keep a few sins and hold a feeling of superiority over others.

If you can stop that....

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless the Bible is utilized Christians are nothing more than a self proclaimed "good guy club" that is comprised of nothing more than a bunch of self-righteous bigots.
Let's try this.
Name everyone in the Hebrews chapter eleven hall of faith that had a Bible.

No one?
So, is the Hebrews chapter eleven hall of faith "nothing more than a self proclaimed "good guy club"
that is comprised of nothing more than a bunch of self-righteous bigots"?

/

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another bad supposition. There is only one true God, Jesus’ God.

Ever hear of the branch of philosophy called Epistemology? It is the study and limits of knowledge.

For you to imply the God of the Founding Father's is a bad suppostion on several levels.
  1. I asked a question about @Lambano's post about knowing the sun is in the sky, faceteiousy leading to your pics from The Matrix. The bad supposition comment was about you suppoing something incorrect about the Founding Fathers. (The confusion to start shows profound poor epistemology).
  2. It implies putting a reference to God is some form of idolatry when it isn't.
  3. It implies there are different true Christian Gods, that the Founding Father's God was different from the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Jesus.
  4. It implies the Founding Father's choose to put this on currency. In fact, it was not put on until late in Eisenhower's 2nd term in 1957, well past the era of the Founding Father's.
The Matrix is one of my favorite movies of all time. It makes one question the nature of reality. In applying epistemology, acceptable precision is a must. Responding with the fact that everything is energy and subatomic particles is irrelevant when being attacked by wolves.

Kind of odd that you hijack your own thread. But there it is.

1703863346444.png

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, as scriptures say that the heart is the most deceitful above all else
Oy vey!

Pastor John Eldredge wrote Wild at Heart, which pointed out this verse has been one of the most abused and destructive to all Christianity. This is because it denies the unfolding story, where God replaces our hearts of stone so we, born again Christians can trust our heart. Because of this verse from Jeremiah, many Christians are living in OT covenant, ignoring the blessings from the time of Ezekiel.

I will take away your stubborn heart and give you a new heart and a desire to be faithful. You will have only pure thoughts, 27 because I will put my Spirit in you and make you eager to obey my laws and teachings.
Ezekiel 36:26-27 CEV

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems too many make an idol of their personal interpretation of the Bible.
Really. Is that because they hold to the Bible's teaching instead of yours? Is that why you say this? Sour grapes?

Yet another Bible bashing thread?

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If "In God We Trust", how do we know who God is?

500_F_54843617_JsGZW4SkiSEJD1gcYwaCeY46FGMvhGfq.jpg
By ignoring the Words of Scripture, and listening to heretics?

Not that!

Much love!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's try this.

No one?
So, is the Hebrews chapter eleven hall of faith "nothing more than a self proclaimed "good guy club"

/
Torah....book of the Law. They had that....the five books of Moses.

So your argument falls flat.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's try this.
What kind of logic is this?? "Well, that guy didn't have a Bible, so I'll just toss mine in the trash!"
No one?
You sure show yourself in the things you say.

God said that He honors His Word above His Name, and you dishonor His Word. How do you think that is going to end?? Be warned.

Much love!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of logic is this?? "Well, that guy didn't have a Bible, so I'll just toss mine in the trash!"

You sure show yourself in the things you say.

God said that He honors His Word above His Name, and you dishonor His Word. How do you think that is going to end?? Be warned.

Much love!
Yeah....
This is yet another attack on a current viewable miracle. Because some people don't like what it says. Adam and Eve didn't hold what God had said to heart and look at that result.

And some people want us to do that again because they want to commit sins that are expressly forbidden by scripture.

You can't be a Christian without scriptures. The written record is important.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and marks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claiming theirs is the only truth and that others are "of the devil" because their view differs.
What's wrong with this picture? Misplaced allegiance. Religious fiefdoms.
Building walls, instead of bridges.

- What is the purpose of the Bible?
- Should the Bible be used to cause division?
- Where is your allegiance ultimately?

View attachment 39130

/
Well sadly, Gods Word will cause division. I love the word of God for it is Gods absolute authority for man in how to conduct ourselves as His ambassadors here on earth.

The word of god will build walls as well as bridges, It can't be helped.

Reactions: Cassandra and marks

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Torah....book of the Law. They had that....the five books of Moses.

So your argument falls flat.
No, not really.
What about all those before Moses?
And none of them had the New Testament. (which was your main claim)

/

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not really.
What about all those before Moses?
And none of them had the New Testament. (which was your main claim)

/
Nope....never claimed that the Old Testament guys had the New Testament....that's YOUR excuse to license your own desires.

And the Patriarchs before Moses ALL had a personal relationship with God Himself....like sat down to meals (Abraham) made deals and wrestled (Jacob) or had ongoing dreams (Joseph) about upcoming events. And considering that the world was under a patriarchal and caste based societies...that is the LAW they followed or were dead. Seriously dead....and what is known popularly as apostate....meaning kicked out of their family.

Homeless today doesn't mean that you are without family...but the word "Apiru" does....which is what the term "Hebrew" is derived from. Hebrew literally means Homeless/no family wandering bum.

You did as dad said God had said to do or you were apostate. Slavery and an early death by means of hard labor is not how most people wish to live.

So this notion that people lived without Law/Scriptures is completely fictional.
Just because YOU don't understand the anthropology of the Old Testament world doesn't mean that your suppositions are true.

Reactions: marks

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claiming theirs is the only truth and that others are "of the devil" because their view differs.
What's wrong with this picture? Misplaced allegiance. Religious fiefdoms.
Building walls, instead of bridges.

- What is the purpose of the Bible?
- Should the Bible be used to cause division?
- Where is your allegiance ultimately?

View attachment 39130

/
If you are saying that God is not a book, I agree with you.

Reactions: St. SteVen

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 138:2
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: For thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

@Wrangler
Here it is !

Reactions: Cassandra