In Israel, Time for Peace Offer May Run Out

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
"JERUSALEM — With revolutionary fervor sweeping the Middle East, Israel is under mounting pressure to make a far-reaching offer to the Palestinians or face a United Nations vote welcoming the State of Palestine as a member whose territory includes all of the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem."

http://www.nytimes.c...6M4EUTX8sSVPcQQ

Zechariah 14:1-2 (NKJV)
[sup]1 [/sup]Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst. [sup]2 [/sup]For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Should be interesting "welcoming" a nation with no real central government, and whose claimed capital (among other territory they claim) is part of another sovereign nation.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
"JERUSALEM — With revolutionary fervor sweeping the Middle East, Israel is under mounting pressure to make a far-reaching offer to the Palestinians or face a United Nations vote welcoming the State of Palestine as a member whose territory includes all of the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem."

http://www.nytimes.c...6M4EUTX8sSVPcQQ

Zechariah 14:1-2 (NKJV)
[sup]1 [/sup]Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst. [sup]2 [/sup]For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;

When they think they shall have peace is when it is about over.
1 thes 5;3
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why does the current administration always throw a pie in the face of Israel just before a representative of their government visits Washington?

There is a method to their madness and it doesn't bode well for continued relations between Israel and America.

At the very least it's impolite and inappropriate.

I have heard many critics of the Obama administration claim that our fearless leader is sucking up to Muslim interests.
These insults to Israel go far to support that idea.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Jer 8:5-11
5 Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return.
6 I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle.
7 Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but My people know not the judgment of the LORD.
8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.
9 The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what wisdom is in them?
10 Therefore will I give their wives unto others, and their fields to them that shall inherit them: for every one from the least even unto the greatest is given to covetousness, from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
11 For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of My people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.
(KJV)

There will be no peace for Jerusalem in this present world.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
For anyone who has an ounce of sense or who has even minimally studied prophecy, that is pretty much a given.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
For anyone who has an ounce of sense or who has even minimally studied prophecy, that is pretty much a given.

But what is not a given, is how the plans Christ's enemies have for today's Jerusalem in building another temple and starting up the Old Covenant worship again is all in prep for the coming of the Antichrist to come sit in it, and they will think 'peace and safety', that Messiah has come. Even that is how their religious leaders will be saying to the people once again, "peace, peace" when there is no peace.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina

But what is not a given, is how the plans Christ's enemies have for today's Jerusalem in building another temple and starting up the Old Covenant worship again is all in prep for the coming of the Antichrist to come sit in it, and they will think 'peace and safety', that Messiah has come. Even that is how their religious leaders will be saying to the people once again, "peace, peace" when there is no peace.

If they are going to think an antichrist is the Messiah then he had better be jewish or none will think he is the Messiah.
And if he is a jew then people such as myself will be called antisemitic for saying he is an antichrist.
Christians will be calling me names .Sounds about right.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Why does the current administration always throw a pie in the face of Israel just before a representative of their government visits Washington?

There is a method to their madness and it doesn't bode well for continued relations between Israel and America.

At the very least it's impolite and inappropriate.

I have heard many critics of the Obama administration claim that our fearless leader is sucking up to Muslim interests.
These insults to Israel go far to support that idea.

I think the reason Obumma did it is because now that we got bin Laden he wants to appease the Arab's and Muslim's by showing them that he's still their buddy. I think he was a jerk for even suggesting it because now the Arab's and Muslim's will expect it from Israel.

If they are going to think an antichrist is the Messiah then he had better be jewish or none will think he is the Messiah.
And if he is a jew then people such as myself will be called antisemitic for saying he is an antichrist.
Christians will be calling me names .Sounds about right.

What makes you think the anti-christ will come claiming to be a 'christian' messiah?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
What makes you think the anti-christ will come claiming to be a 'christian' messiah?

He already has all the others deceived. He wants the Christians and will get most of them because they have already been deceived by the false doctrine being taught in so many churches and on so many web sites.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

There is rather chilling evidence to suggest the anti-christ will be a Muslim bearing the title al-Mahdi, the Twelfth Imam.
The Hadith states that he will sway many. Mahdi's prophet will make the false claim that Jesus wants all true Christians to become Muslims.
....and according to Muslim prophecy many Christians will shed their crosses and take up the ways of Islam.

A Biblical prophecy states that the beast will enter the temple and persuade Israel to make peace.

Since the nation of Israel now routinely calls itself 'the third temple', all Mahdi need do to fulfill the prophecy is to be invited to speak before the Knesset and ask for peace. The Jewish assembly will applaud and accept Mahdi's terms of peace & safety....and the prophetic clock of Daniel will be heard loudly ticking off the last hours of the history of human sovereignty on this planet.

Never trust a Muslim.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
There is going to be a false messiah coming that all nations will believe on as God.

The Ecumenical movement goal is to join all religions together in order for that false messiah to appear as all things, to all religions. To deceived Jews he will be their Messiah. To deceived Christian brethren he will appear to be our Lord Christ Jesus. For Muslims, he will be their Mahdi, etc.

This is why the world religious heads are teaching all faiths worship the same God. Christianity is their last frontier to conquer with that idea. Many Christian brethren have already fallen to that idea today, no longer treating Christ Jesus as the ONLY Way of Salvation. This is also why the world leaders even in the West today don't want true Christians to even say Jesus Christ in public prayer where those of other faiths might be present. It's why a U.S. Navy Chaplain a few years ago was court-martialed for refusing to stop ending his public prayers in Jesus' Name. The fraternities of initiation have been at work on this movement for quite a while now with the idea of a one-world brotherhood of mankind. Wake up folks.

That he will also present himself in the role of Christ Jesus, our Lord Jesus already warned us...

Matt 24:21-26
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
(KJV)

The KJV phrase "false Christs" is 'pseudochristos' from two Greek words, 'pseudo' meaning false, and 'Christos' meaning Christ (singular).

The Matt.24:24 and Mark 13:22 warning with that "false Christs" is specific, and is tied to how our Lord said that false one would IF POSSIBLE, deceive His own elect by those "great signs and wonders". What exactly does that mean?

It reveals how strong in deceptive power... those works of "great signs and wonders" that pseudochristos will do. Christ's elect cannot be deceived, for He seals them away from deception. But that shows how that false messiah's works will almost... deceive even them (if it were possible for them to be deceived; it is not possible). That's a major contrast once it's understood. It reveals the ONLY ones that will not be deceived by that pseudochristos will be Christ's elect.

This is why Christians are being arrested even in the U.S. (California) for just reading The Bible in public where those of other religions might hear.

The time is fast coming when to be a Christian and meet in public worship, you will have to keep the doctrines of the mainstream one-world religion heads. Bible Christianity won't be allowed. Even some elderly agnostics today are having a hard time understanding this new Ecumenical movement in the West, since they spent most of their adult lives hearing Christianity openly proclaiming The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Where do you think the doctrine some here have that claim to be Christians, but treat Jesus only as a prophet like Moses or Mohammed? Those are already trained far along in the Ecumenical movement by their churches.