In KINDNESS and LOVE among one another.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all.:)
May God continue to share His Grace and Mercy with each of us as we walk with Him and search out His truth in KINDNESS and LOVE among each other.

As I said in my introduction thread, I've been on several other forums, and all of them had a very hateful and devisive nature as do some people here.

Nancy here schooled me on the fact that we are "Tares" and "Wheat" growing together until the day of Christ's return.
That helped me have a more clear understanding and perspective of why I am here.

I'm not a fighter, devisive, hateful or contentious. I am a lover of people and life and most of all God.

I hate contentiousness!!!

2nd Timothy 2:24-25,
"And the Lords bond-servant MUST NOT be QUARRELSOME, but be KIND to ALL, able to teach, patient when WRONGED, (25) with GENTLENESS correcting those who are in opposition.

2nd Timothy 2:14, "....solemnly charge them in the presence of GOD NOT TO "WRANGLE"about words which is USELESS, and leads to the ruin of the hearers.

"WRANGLE"
diaparatribe - GREEK
Causing Constant strife
Mutual irritations
Obstinate verbal contests.

"Wrangling" about words (2:14) was a notorious characteristic of the false teachers in Ephesus. They liked to display their "knowledge on peripheral matters that did not lead to Godliness, but only to pride over being "RIGHT".
Paul said in 1st Timothy 1:15, "But the goal of our instruction is LOVE from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

Any time you use the Bible to grow in knowledge apart from Godliness, your heading for spiritual trouble. One of the most common sins satan uses to trip us up is spiritual pride -- puffing us up with supposed knowledge and how wonderful it makes us look to others.

All discussions come from the intentions of the heart.

John 13:34-35, "A new commandment I give you, that you love one another, just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. (35) By this love all people will know that you are my followers (Disciples), if you have love for one another."

John 15:12-14, "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
(14) Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends.
You are my friends if you do what I COMMAND.

1st John, "We love because He loved us first. If anyone says, "I love Go", and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.
And this commandment we have from God; whoever loves GOD must also love his brother.

1st Corinthians 13:4-7, "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on it's own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1st Thessalonians 4:9, "....for you yourselves have been taught by GOD to LOVE one another.
A DILUSIONAL MIND

2nd Thessalonians 2:10-12, "God sends them a powerful DILUSIONAL MIND because they have denied the truth of Gods word (ABOUT LOVE IN THIS CASE) , God will cause them to believe the lie and will be condemned who have not believed the truth (About Gods love in this case).
A REPROBATE/DEPRAVED MIND
As a result of mans foolishness and his arrogant disdain of the things of God (LOVE IN THIS CASE), God gave them over to a REPROBATE (Depraved) MIND, to do what ought not to be done" - Romans 1:32

When men know the truth, and refuse to receive it, when they refuse to obey it and hold it in unrighteousness, "They will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth." - 2nd Thessalonians 2:12.

As we grow , may we grow in the same love for one another that Christ has for each of us.
My name is OLIGOS

Last edited:

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all.:)
May God continue to share His Grace and Mercy with each of us as we walk with Him and search out His truth in KINDNESS and LOVE among each other.

As I said in my introduction thread, I've been on several other forums, and all of them had a very hateful and devisive nature as do some people here.

Nancy here schooled me on the fact that we are "Tares" and "Wheat" growing together until the day of Christ's return.
That helped me have a more clear understanding and perspective of why I am here.

I'm not a fighter, devisive, hateful or contentious. I am a lover of people and life and most of all God.

I hate contentiousness!!!

2nd Timothy 2:24-25,
"And the Lords bond-servant MUST NOT be QUARRELSOME, but be KIND to ALL, able to teach, patient when WRONGED, (25) with GENTLENESS correcting those who are in opposition.

2nd Timothy 2:14, "....solemnly charge them in the presence of GOD NOT TO "WRANGLE"about words which is USELESS, and leads to the ruin of the hearers.

"WRANGLE"
diaparatribe - GREEK
Causing Constant strife
Mutual irritations
Obstinate verbal contests.

"Wrangling" about words (2:14) was a notorious characteristic of the false teachers in Ephesus. They liked to display their "knowledge on peripheral matters that did not lead to Godliness, but only to pride over being "RIGHT".
Paul said in 1st Timothy 1:15, "But the goal of our instruction is LOVE from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

Any time you use the Bible to grow in knowledge apart from Godliness, your heading for spiritual trouble. One of the most common sins satan uses to trip us up is spiritual pride -- puffing us up with supposed knowledge and how wonderful it makes us look to others.

All discussions come from the intentions of the heart.

John 13:34-35, "A new commandment I give you, that you love one another, just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. (35) By this love all people will know that you are my followers (Disciples), if you have love for one another."

John 15:12-14, "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
(14) Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends.
You are my friends if you do what I COMMAND.

1st John, "We love because He loved us first. If anyone says, "I love Go", and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.
And this commandment we have from God; whoever loves GOD must also love his brother.

1st Corinthians 13:4-7, "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on it's own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1st Thessalonians 4:9, "....for you yourselves have been taught by GOD to LOVE one another.
A DILUSIONAL MIND

2nd Thessalonians 2:10-12, "God sends them a powerful DILUSIONAL MIND because they have denied the truth of Gods word (ABOUT LOVE IN THIS CASE) , God will cause them to believe the lie and will be condemned who have not believed the truth (About Gods love in this case).
A REPROBATE/DEPRAVED MIND
As a result of mans foolishness and his arrogant disdain of the things of God (LOVE IN THIS CASE), God gave them over to a REPROBATE (Depraved) MIND, to do what ought not to be
done" - Romans 1:32

When men know the truth, and refuse to receive it, when they refuse to obey it and hold it in unrighteousness, "They will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth." - 2nd Thessalonians 2:12.

As we grow , may we grow in the same love for one another that Christ has for each of us.
My name is OLIGOS

Blessings in Christ Jesus! I like the idea that you bring Love to a debate forum. Who can debate Love? No one, and yet they will try as they did when Jesus was here. Write as it is given you, and refrain when it is given you, and you will do well. My name is Rich.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus! I like the idea that you bring Love to a debate forum. Who can debate Love? No one, and yet they will try as they did when Jesus was here. Write as it is given you, and refrain when it is given you, and you will do well. My name is Rich.

upload_2020-2-25_12-27-18.png
Philippians 1:4 . . . beloved by God . . . Beloved is Perfect Tense, God loves you, and nothing will ever change that.

Much love!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you GTW27 :)
I think LOVE can absolutely be discussed and debated.
In 1st Corinthians 11:18-19 Paul says, "For in the first place, when you come together as a church, I hear that DIVISIONS EXIST among you, and in part I believe it.
For there must also be FACTIONS among you, in order that those who are approved may have become evident among you.

When we are passionate about our faith, not being right because we are ARROGANT, but because we are a defender and contender of the faith we consider true, we have to find that "BALANCE" and the "BOUNDARIES" in Christ in communication, and we can learn to disagree in love and have fun here with each other especially as guys, we like to have fun teasing and joking and even some times being kind of a "JERK" in LOVE. Guys like to be "ROWDY" with one another in FUN.

I belonged to several model car clubs for years, for mostly guys who loved the hobby and enjoyed sharing and competing and sometimes being a little harsh in our teasing and playfulness and joking around. Women around us didn't get it, but for us it was a manly way to show we cared about each other.
It was "MAN-SPEAK, and we loved it.

This is a great venue for men (AND WOMEN) to find their boundaries in the way they communicate so they can be liked and be accepted and loved and still have fun sharing our differences in the "JOY OF THE LORD."
We don't have to always agree, but it's how we choose to communicate those differences, and know, like in the clubs I was in, that we want to have our voice heard, and we're in a safe place of love and respect and having fun with each other, that everyone wants to be part of.

Sometimes a member of a club would bring a weird project and we'd give him a hard time, but he felt safe bringing it because even if we gave him a bad time over what he brought, he was among friends, and knew he was safe to bring it and not be "RIPPED TO PIECES over it.

Now we did have a few people come to contests that never seemed to get all that, and were constantly mis-fits because of who they chose to be and what they acted like. They were pretty much outcasts and rejected because they had been given multiple chances to fit in even somewhat, not perfectly, as we all had our strangeness's, but most of the time we were able to blend our personalities to work.

But once in a while someone would come along and wanted everything their way instead of trying to fit in and I see some of that here. The bible gives us a complete directive on how to deal with persons being some type of problem, including not communicating with them or even banishing them completely, much like in our clubs.

So lets all enjoy each other, and share our faith, and pray for each other in LOVE. IT'S JUST A NEW MINDSET FOLKS!!!

It may sound a bit foreign, but we sure have had fun the last few days.

We just need to speak in love and make LOVE the most important, like God has all through the scriptures.

May you all learn to speak in love to one another.

My name is OLIGOS

Last edited:

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 8694
Philippians 1:4 . . . beloved by God . . . Beloved is Perfect Tense, God loves you, and nothing will ever change that.

Much love!
You reminded me of a birthday from long ago. And this what He said, "Beloved, let us love one another" Notice the"us" in these words. To me it means Him and I as One. And thus the key to the walk as well as to doing all that He has commanded us. And people wonder what walking in The Spirit is. It is a perfect design by Him from before the foundation of the world. And by the way you do not need a popup, for His words are already within you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavenly Father, please move by Your Holy Spirit in us to love as You have commanded. I know You don't tell me to do anything that You don't enable me to do, all of us, so I pray this grace be upon us all! It's in Jesus' Name I ask this.

Reactions: Seasoned by Grace

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need a miracle God as only you can overcome in love, as you Lord work in and through us.
default_bighug2.gif

My name is OLIGOS

Last edited:
Reactions: marks