In praise of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read a lot of your posts and they are, without fail, worthless, but this one is the epitome of nonsense!

The Mona Lisa is -- ready??? -- a painting! Really, I'm not fooling! It is a painting. One can appreciate a great work of art withotu worshiping its subject (or the painting itself or the artist).

praise is not worship!

Show me anywhere in Scripture whare it says that Mary is God’s masterpiece! She was a young woman chosen by God to give birth to Jesus and raise him for a while. Nothing more!

Lk 1:49

Here is a definition of blasphemy: All love honor reverence or devotion given to Mary is given to God who created her. That is an unScriptural lie, created by your Catholic denomination. It is disgusting!!!

Saying that praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the Glory of Who created them is nonsense! (BTW, the saints are all sanctified people, not your denomination's false classification). God created the world and all the plants and animals. Are you going to give all plants and animals praise and glory because God created them? Start with the serpent in Eden!

If God is the source of grace, virture, and blessing that we receive them He gets the glory, it redounds to Christ and God

Show me anywhere in the Bible where it says that Mary is a queen. Since you can't, it is therefore a lie of your Catholic denomination.

See below queen of heaven

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Queen of Heaven!

Son of David the king: royalty!

Matt 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 9:27
And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou son of David, have mercy on us.

Matt 12:23
Matt 15:22
Matt 20:30
Matt 20:31
Matt 21:9-15 etc.

Romans 1:3
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

House of David the king:

Lk 1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Received the kingdom of David:

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Christ is King, Mary must be queen!

Only a queen can bear a king!

A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33 the queen mother sits at His right hand and receives the petitions of the members of the kingdom!

The mother of any king is automatically queen and rules half the kingdom!
The queen mother!

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.

30 And the angel said to her, Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found favor with God.

Mary is mother of mercy and the throne of grace!
heb 4:16

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Queen of heaven
In the line of david’s kingdom the mother of the king is always queen!
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33
And Jesus is the king of heaven & earth & all the angels & saints, so Mary is queen of heaven & earth & all the angels & saints!

so Mary too is the fruit of the merits, virtues, & graces provided by Christ! Lk 1:47 Mary also saved by God

2 Tim 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2 Tim 2: 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. How much more Mary who was prepared by God thru the immaculate conception! Lk 1:49

Heb 2:7

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands

Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun.
Crown of stars = queen Mary

David the king carried the ark to the earthly Jerusalem.
2 Sam 6:15-16

Jesus the new king carried His ark to the heavenly Jerusalem! Rev 12:1
(Assumption of Mary into heaven and crowned with glory!)
Inaugurating the kingdom!

1 kings 2:19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

ONLY A KING AND A QUEEN SIT ON A THRONE!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
modernists are apostate atheists basically reason without faith

No, they are like you, dependent upon and accepting of the World’s views.

Fundamentalism is faith without reason

No, It is Reasonable, to hear, read, trust the Scriptural Word of God.
That is what A Fundamentalist does....you don’t You trust what men tell you without the necessity or trust to verify with Scripture what you hear.

True Christian’s are always in virtue and moderation

True Christianity’...an irrelevant modernists term. It defines nothing.

We believe all that about the Bible but we actually believe what is says

Eh, no. Seen to many of your posts, saying this and that, posting a scriptural REFERENCE....and the REFERENCES not matching up to what you say.
It’s a ploy...say something...make scriptural REFERENCE...AS IF it buttresses your claim...and it doesn’t. Repeat, Repeat, Repeat.

including the living teaching authority of Christ in his church and never the false doctrine of the “Bible alone”!

First of all HIS CHURCH is not called catholic, Protestant, baptist, blah, blah, blah....HIS Church IS WITHIN MEN who have been made Converted. Period.

Are you still working so when your body dies you will receive soul salvation?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Queen of Heaven!

Gentile Catholics made up nonsense. [/QUOTE]

The KING has no mother or father....Remember? God without beginning?

Not according to Jesus.
Ya think God is subject to Mans LAWS? :rolleyes:

Rev 3:
[21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

By your teaching that leaves MARY OUT...
You make her with her own throne.
You make her having nothing to over come.

OOPS...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12:46

46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

where does it say that they are the children of Mary?

jacob had twelve sons all brothers do you assume they all have the same mother

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote that "I use an iphony lol and it don’t like old English so it changes it and if I’m in a hurry (I do have a full time job) I may not catch every single one". That is a poor excuse! Blame your phone? Now I've heard it all. Was "it don’t like old English" created by your phone? It's poor English, as was the line from the movie 12 Angry Men "he don't even speak good English".

Don't blame your phone for your poor English. And while you're at it, blame your priests for filling your head with unscriptural lies.

scripture says to follow men and believe cos of what they teach

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all he does not KEEP us from sinning. Christians still sin. The Bible does not in any way say Mary was sinless. That is Roman Catholic Garbage.

Christ does if we are faithful to his grace preserves us from sin as he preserved Her immaculate

Gen 3:15 enmity total war none of satans works are found in her
Lk 1:28 full of grace
Heb 4:16 she is the throne of grace the queen of grace and mercy
mother of grace and mercy
Mother of our salvation
Spiritual mother of Christians rev 12:17
Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun
Immaculate conception
Lk 1:49 immaculate conception

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scourge of the fundamentalist!

Luke chapter one:

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

(It is God who thru His angel
Is greeting Mary and asking Her consent to our salvation)
(It was Eve who by an angel consented in disobedience to the fall) ( Mary by an angel in obedience consented to our salvation see Lk 1:38)

27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
(Royal house of the king)

28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
( Mary is conceived immaculate “full of grace”) (the Lord is with Her) ( Mary is already blessed before becoming mother of Jesus Christ)

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
(Her great humility see Lk 1:48)

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
(The salvation lost by Adam & Eve are found by Jesus & Mary)

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

(Mother of our salvation, Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation and Mary is His mother, she was commanded by God to name him Salvation, or Jesus cos He would save us! Matt 1:21)

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

(Jesus Christ is king, in the line of David the king the mother of the king is queen! 1 kings 2:19)

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

(Mary never had sex, perpetual virgin)

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. (Ex 40:34 Shekinah)

(Only one child born to Mary)

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

(Mary consented to our salvation)

39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;

(Just as David brought the ark to Juda 2 Sam 6:3-16)

40 And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.

41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

(Mary is the cos the blessings received by this family)

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
(Mother of God)

44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
(Mary is the first to believe, the first Christian, and mother of all Christian’s Jn 19:26-27)

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
(Mary always glorifies God, even Her soul or existence, another proof of the immaculate conception)

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

(Christ save us from our past sins by forgiveness but he also preserves us from future sin by his grace, in both cases he is savior, and Mary was preserved from original sin and from all sin to the glory of God and the praise of Jesus Christ! Lk 1:49)

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

(Humble virgin as opposed to the pride of satan who was the first Protestant in rebellion against God, saying “I will not serve)

49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

(The immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus by the Holy Spirit)

Mary is the hammer of heretics!

The scourge of the fundamentalists!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think that people who have the same name are the same people???? You have lost it entirely!

BTW, in the Latinx culture people regularly name their son "Jesus". By your logic, there are a lot of Jesus the Savior walking around!

good just believe scripture then

Lk 1:34 no sex
Lk 1:35 her son is the sun of God
Lk 1:42 the fruit of her womb is blessed

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The obsession with Mary hides a critical fact...

The main focus of the New Testament is Jesus Christ. He and He alone is the Savior! He was the one sacrificed to pay the penalty for sin and untie us with God, the Father.

The Catholic denomination's focus on Mary (a minor NT character) is from Satan! It is clearly meant to turn our attention away from the Savior!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scourge of the fundamentalist!

Luke chapter one:

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

(It is God who thru His angel
Is greeting Mary and asking Her consent to our salvation)
(It was Eve who by an angel consented in disobedience to the fall) ( Mary by an angel in obedience consented to our salvation see Lk 1:38)

27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
(Royal house of the king)

28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
( Mary is conceived immaculate “full of grace”) (the Lord is with Her) ( Mary is already blessed before becoming mother of Jesus Christ)

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
(Her great humility see Lk 1:48)

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
(The salvation lost by Adam & Eve are found by Jesus & Mary)

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

(Mother of our salvation, Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation and Mary is His mother, she was commanded by God to name him Salvation, or Jesus cos He would save us! Matt 1:21)

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

(Jesus Christ is king, in the line of David the king the mother of the king is queen! 1 kings 2:19)

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

(Mary never had sex, perpetual virgin)

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. (Ex 40:34 Shekinah)

(Only one child born to Mary)

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

(Mary consented to our salvation)

39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;

(Just as David brought the ark to Juda 2 Sam 6:3-16)

40 And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.

41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

(Mary is the cos the blessings received by this family)

43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
(Mother of God)

44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
(Mary is the first to believe, the first Christian, and mother of all Christian’s Jn 19:26-27)

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
(Mary always glorifies God, even Her soul or existence, another proof of the immaculate conception)

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

(Christ save us from our past sins by forgiveness but he also preserves us from future sin by his grace, in both cases he is savior, and Mary was preserved from original sin and from all sin to the glory of God and the praise of Jesus Christ! Lk 1:49)

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

(Humble virgin as opposed to the pride of satan who was the first Protestant in rebellion against God, saying “I will not serve)

49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

(The immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus by the Holy Spirit)

Mary is the hammer of heretics!

The scourge of the fundamentalists!

Your focus on Mary is from Satan! See my post #214.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ does if we are faithful to his grace preserves us from sin as he preserved Her immaculate

Gen 3:15 enmity total war none of satans works are found in her
Lk 1:28 full of grace
Heb 4:16 she is the throne of grace the queen of grace and mercy
mother of grace and mercy
Mother of our salvation
Spiritual mother of Christians rev 12:17
Rev 12:1 clothed with the sun
Immaculate conception
Lk 1:49 immaculate conception

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Queen of Heaven!

Son of David the king: royalty!

Matt 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 9:27
And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou son of David, have mercy on us.

Matt 12:23
Matt 15:22
Matt 20:30
Matt 20:31
Matt 21:9-15 etc.

Romans 1:3
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

House of David the king:

Lk 1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Received the kingdom of David:

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33 the queen mother sits at His right hand and receives the petitions of the members of the kingdom!

The mother of any king is automatically queen and rules half the kingdom!
The queen mother!

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.

30 And the angel said to her, Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found favor with God.

Mary is mother of mercy and the throne of grace!
heb 4:16

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Queen of heaven
In the line of david’s kingdom the mother of the king is always queen!
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33
And Jesus is the king of heaven & earth & all the angels & saints, so Mary is queen of heaven & earth & all the angels & saints!

so Mary too is the fruit of the merits, virtues, & graces provided by Christ! Lk 1:47 Mary also saved by God

2 Tim 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2 Tim 2: 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. How much more Mary who was prepared by God thru the immaculate conception! Lk 1:49

Heb 2:7

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands

Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun.
Crown of stars = queen Mary

David the king carried the ark to the earthly Jerusalem.
2 Sam 6:15-16

Jesus the new king carried His ark to the heavenly Jerusalem! Rev 12:1
(Assumption of Mary into heaven and crowned with glory!)
Inaugurating the kingdom!

1 kings 2:19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can read how do you not know ?

cos it’s not in the Bible
The Bible alone does not say:
Look here stupid this is where the first commandment end and the second commandment begins!

Ex 20:2-6 is the first commandment

ex 20:2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

ex 20:7 is the second commandment

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

ex 20:8 is the third commandment

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Status
Not open for further replies.