In praise of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, they are like you, dependent upon and accepting of the World’s views.

No, It is Reasonable, to hear, read, trust the Scriptural Word of God.
That is what A Fundamentalist does....you don’t You trust what men tell you without the necessity or trust to verify with Scripture what you hear.

True Christianity’...an irrelevant modernists term. It defines nothing.

Eh, no. Seen to many of your posts, saying this and that, posting a scriptural REFERENCE....and the REFERENCES not matching up to what you say.
It’s a ploy...say something...make scriptural REFERENCE...AS IF it buttresses your claim...and it doesn’t. Repeat, Repeat, Repeat.

First of all HIS CHURCH is not called catholic, Protestant, baptist, blah, blah, blah....HIS Church IS WITHIN MEN who have been made Converted. Period.

Are you still working so when your body dies you will receive soul salvation?

those who die in Christ or the grace of God are saved yes

The new covenant church is a structured kingdom with a king and prime minister and ministers and requirements

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cos it’s not in the Bible
The Bible alone does not say:
Look here stupid this is where the first commandment end and the second commandment begins!

Ex 20:2-6 is the first commandment

ex 20:2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

ex 20:7 is the second commandment

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

ex 20:8 is the third commandment

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

This is the epitome of eisegesis!!!

Reactions: Marine0311

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those who die in Christ or the grace of God are saved yes

The new covenant church is a structured kingdom with a king and prime minister and ministers and requirements

There is absolutely nothing in the Bible that says that the new covenant church is a structured kingdom with a king and prime minister and ministers and requirements. If there is (in your mind), prove it.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The obsession with Mary hides a critical fact...

The main focus of the New Testament is Jesus Christ. He and He alone is the Savior! He was the one sacrificed to pay the penalty for sin and untie us with God, the Father.

The Catholic denomination's focus on Mary (a minor NT character) is from Satan! It is clearly meant to turn our attention away from the Savior!!!

All grace come thru Mary!

I did not say from Mary but thru mary

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is absolutely nothing in the Bible that says that the new covenant church is a structured kingdom with a king and prime minister and ministers and requirements. If there is (in your mind), prove it.

matt 16:18-19 to begin with

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cos it’s not in the Bible
The Bible alone does not say:
Look here stupid this is where the first commandment end and the second commandment begins!

Ex 20:2-6 is the first commandment

ex 20:2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

ex 20:7 is the second commandment

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

ex 20:8 is the third commandment

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t have 10 you have 9:
Exo 20:2 - I am the LORD thy God,which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 - Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (First)
Exo 20:4 - Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heavenabove, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:(second)
Exo 20:5 - Thou shalt not bow downthyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourthgeneration of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 - And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Exo 20:7 - Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltlessthat taketh his name in vain.(fourth)
Exo 20:8 - Remember the sabbathday, to keep it holy.(fifth)
Exo 20:9 - Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 - But the seventh day isthe sabbath of the LORD thy God: in itthou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Etc.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sola scripture?

Jn 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, andspeak face to face, that our joy may be full.

if an apostle teaches by:

Smoke signals
Sign language
Radio
TV
Internet or
In person

we refuse to accept it!

But if he writes it down then and only then will we believe!

even though the content is exactly the same!

the apostles themselves have no authority!
Only what the write!!!!

fundamentalism is faith without reason, logic, or rational thought!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lk 22:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t have 10 you have 9:
Exo 20:2 - I am the LORD thy God,which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 - Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (First)
Exo 20:4 - Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heavenabove, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:(second)
Exo 20:5 - Thou shalt not bow downthyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourthgeneration of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 - And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Exo 20:7 - Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltlessthat taketh his name in vain.(fourth)
Exo 20:8 - Remember the sabbathday, to keep it holy.(fifth)
Exo 20:9 - Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 - But the seventh day isthe sabbath of the LORD thy God: in itthou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Etc.

that’s not what ex 20 actually says: it never even says that there are Ten Commandments

and context says verses 2-6 are the same content or context

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
copyChkboxOff.gif
Exo 34:28 - And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights;he did neither eat bread, nor drinkwater. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandment's.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
copyChkboxOff.gif
Exo 34:28 - And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights;he did neither eat bread, nor drinkwater. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandment's.

can you even read?

I did not the whole scripture
I said ex 20 does not say there are ten!

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I can read but I got your implication. The RCC hates the second so they basically split one into two and have 9. Exo 20:4 - Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heavenabove, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. The RCC violates Exodus 20:4 everyday since they live by tradition and not God’s instruction.

Reactions: amigo de christo
Status
Not open for further replies.