Inconsistency of Christians never being sinless

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 18
11 "The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: 'God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.12 'I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.' 13 "But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, the sinner!' 14 "I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other;

Reactions: mailmandan

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin;

Notice how relevant this verse is to those Christians teaching never being sinless in this life. They teach that because they say it is impossible to do, based upon their own unbelieving hearts.

They therefore cannot cease from sinning in their own lives by unbelief, and also teach other Christians, that Christians cannot cease from sin.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin;

Notice how relevant this verse is to those Christians teaching never being sinless in this life. They teach that because they say it is impossible to do, based upon their own unbelieving hearts.

They therefore cannot cease from sinning in their own lives by unbelief, and also teach other Christians, that Christians cannot cease from sin.
Do you ever sin?

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Luke 18
11 "The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: 'God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.12 'I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.' 13 "But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, the sinner!' 14 "I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other;

And since Jesus Himself declare the publican went away justified afterward, then the publican ceased from sinning as before. Otherwise, Jesus would not have declared Him justified with God.

The Christians that teach we cannot cease from sinning, have never walked away justified by Jesus Christ.

They are, as we see here, some of the same Christians that teach being wailing publicans for life. They may indeed beat themselves silly over and over again due to continued sinning, but it's only because they never repent from sinning, and so never cease from the sin.

In addition, that is not the Bible godly sorrow of repentance and forgiveness of God. It's just more sorrow of the world among Christians that repent not.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

You may feel better about yourself, when you do so, but with Jesus Christ there is no justification for not ceasing from sinning.

Saying we cannot cease from sin by personal doctrine of our own faith alone, doesn't work with the God of the Bible.

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And since Jesus Himself declare the publican went away justified afterward, then the publican ceased from sinning as before. Otherwise, Jesus would not have declared Him justified with God.

The Christians that teach we cannot cease from sinning, have never walked away justified by Jesus Christ.

They are, as we see here, some of the same Christians that teach being wailing publicans for life. They may indeed beat themselves silly over and over again due to continued sinning, but it's only because they never repent from sinning, and so never cease from the sin.

In addition, that is not the Bible godly sorrow of repentance and forgiveness of God. It's just more sorrow of the world among Christians that repent not.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

You may feel better about yourself, when you do so, but with Jesus Christ there is no justification for not ceasing from sinning.

Saying we cannot cease from sin by personal doctrine of our own faith alone, doesn't work with the God of the Bible.

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
"Do you ever sin?"

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he answered and said unto them, I will also ask you one thing; and answer me:

Do you ever not sin?
That's a pretty low blow coming from a 'Christian' who never sins.

Yeah, most of the time. Now your turn.

Do you ever sin?

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Once again, the fallacy of saying we are never sinless, is that means we are never not sinning.

Even Christians that preach sinning has nothing to do with being saved, whether it be much or little, will never say they are sinning all the time.

It is certainly possible to do so, even as almost all the world were only thinking evil all the time in the days of Noah, but even the most fervent sinning Christians will give it a break at least some of the time.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
That's a pretty low blow coming from a 'Christian' who never sins.
They thought the same of Jesus.

Yeah, most of the time. Now your turn.
But at least you answered, which is good.

And so, you do not agree with the Christian doctrine of never being sinless in this life. Most of the time you're not sinning, and I accept your testimony.

Do you ever sin?
Not at this time now today.

I have sinned many times as a believer in Jesus, and was also double hearted as yourself at one time, even as Paul was in Romans 7. But I've been delivered like Paul to become single of heart and walk in the Spirit only as with Romans 8.

And the thread is not so much about being sinless all the time, or even much of the time as you confess. It's about exposing the Christian fallacy of never being sinless at any time on earth.

The only Christians that can call other Christians self-righteous boasters, for confessing they are sinless at the time, are Christians that say they are sinning all the time, and everyone else must be like them.

It's called the pride of judging all people by our own sinful life and corrupt heart. There are Christians that would say you are a boastful hypocrite for daring to confess you are sinless most of the time.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They thought the same of Jesus.

But at least you answered, which is good.

And so, you do not agree with the Christian doctrine of never being sinless in this life. Most of the time you're not sinning, and I accept your testimony.

Not at this time now today.

I have sinned many times as a believer in Jesus, and was also double hearted as yourself at one time, even as Paul was in Romans 7. But I've been delivered like Paul to become single of heart and walk in the Spirit only as with Romans 8.

And the thread is not so much about being sinless all the time, or even much of the time as you confess. It's about exposing the Christian fallacy of never being sinless at any time on earth.

The only Christians that can call other Christians self-righteous boasters, for confessing they are sinless at the time, are Christians that say they are sinning all the time, and everyone else must be like them.

It's called the pride of judging all people by our own sinful life and corrupt heart. There are Christians that would say you are a boastful hypocrite for daring to confess you are sinless most of the time.
That's all I wanted to know. Some 'Christians' claim that Christians CANNOT sin!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Trust me and the Bible. According to scripture ......you are sinning .....
Not every Christian is like you. You need to repent of the pride of never ceasing from sinning. That is the only way Jesus can deliver you from sinning with the devil

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not every Christian is like you. You need to repent of the pride of never ceasing from sinning. That is the only way Jesus can deliver you from sinning with the devil
Please quote where he said that.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Sin is anything that is not of faith. Sin is the good you know to do that you don't do.
True.

Since you have no argument with the main point made, then you agree with the Christian doctrine of never being sinless in this life.

Since that must include you, then you never have the faith of Jesus, and never do any good.

There is a lot more to it than just the letters on stone.
I'm teaching the Bible of the NT, not the old.

The blood of Jesus isn't the same as bulls and goats, that just covers sinning, but washes and takes all our sinning away.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Christians such as yourself, that teach being sinful all the time, don't believe the gospel of Jesus Christ in the Bible. That's why you don't repent, and instead believe another gospel with a heart believing unto righteousness. That is the only reason you cannot cease from sinning and walk with Jesus in His light.

Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

So then, did you murder someone? I'm guessing not. But then, loving others the way Jesus does is a lot more then just not killing them. Lots more!
True. But loving Jesus doesn't even begin without first repenting of sinning.

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Nor does any heart of unbelief ever begin to love Him. Christians that do not ever believe we can ever walk as He walked and be tempted yet without sinning, is not believing the Bible, Jesus, nor His gospel.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many people who claim to be Christians but sometimes sin like the Devil, but they are kind and merciful to others, and they will receive mercy from God!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
That's all I wanted to know. Some 'Christians' claim that Christians CANNOT not sin!
And some 'Christians' claim that Christians CANNOT not sin!

I'll stick with the 'Christians' quoting the Bible. We are called Bible Christians.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Other Christians such as yourself, that teach another gospel unto part time sinfulness, are either ignorant of some of the Bible or just don't believe all the words of the Bible. That's why parts of the Bible offend you.

In any case, you prove the point of the argument here. You confess you are sinless most of the time. No problem. However it's pretty petulant of you to get offended by Christians not sinning any of the time.

Why don't you just believe and do the gospel of Jesus Christ in the Bible, and simply repent of all your sinning? Do you also not believe the Bible about how Jesus washes clean and takes away all our sinning?

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Afterall, since you are already sinless most of the time, why do you ever have to change that into sinning again? You don't have to. God is not a respecter of persons. Any man can come to the Father through Jesus with a whole and perfect heart toward God. You don't have to stay double hearted. I used to be, and now I am not. You can repent and only walk in the Spirit of Christ too. It's not a matter of boasting, but simply a matter of the power of Bible grace for whosoever will repent and believe Jesus' gospel.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
There are many people who claim to be Christians but sometimes sin like the Devil, but they are kind and merciful to others, and they will receive mercy from God!
True, there is sometimes more honor among thieves, than certain neighbors.

However, the mercy of God upon our lives in this life, for having mercy with others, is not the mercy of resurrection unto life.

Unless you are one of the Christians that believes all men will be saved in the end, with or without the faith of Jesus, so long as they did some good in this life. That's Christian universalism.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And some 'Christians' claim that Christians CANNOT not sin!
LOL you already confessed.
I'll stick with the 'Christians' quoting the Bible. We are called Bible Christians.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
You cannot sin?
Other Christians such as yourself, that teach another gospel unto part time sinfulness, are either ignorant of some of the Bible or just don't believe all the words of the Bible. That's why parts of the Bible offend you.
Pack of lies!
In any case, you prove the point of the argument here. You confess you are sinless most of the time. No problem. However it's pretty petulant of you to get offended by Christians not sinning any of the time.
You really need to pay attention. Some here say they have never sinned since they were saved YEARS ago. That's baloney!
Why don't you just believe and do the gospel of Jesus Christ in the Bible, and simply repent of all your sinning?
But I do.
Do you also not believe the Bible about how Jesus washes clean and takes away all our sinning?

Afterall, since you are already sinless most of the time, why do you ever have to change that into sinning again? You don't have to.
Irony?
God is not a respecter of persons. Any man can come to the Father through Jesus with a whole and perfect heart toward God. You don't have to stay double hearted. I used to be, and now I am not.
Are you sure? lol