Inner Work Of God vs Outer Work Of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The major difference between Old Testament and New Testament is; Old Testament was all an outer work of God. New testament is all a inner work of God. Keep in mind there was no HolySpirit in the saints of old. New Testament is all a inner work of God to his born again children, with the Holyspirit in them as their teacher. Blessings!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The major difference between Old Testament and New Testament is; Old Testament was all an outer work of God. New testament is all a inner work of God. Keep in mind there was no HolySpirit in the saints of old. New Testament is all a inner work of God to his born again children, with the Holyspirit in them as their teacher. Blessings!

Yes, the new heart we are given as promised....that the change comes from within us due to the working of the Holy Spirit. You might like this short video which explains why the New Covenant is so much better than the Old Covenant.

Excellent explanation: A new covenant perspective

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Soulman!
I've heard it said that in the OT, when God wanted something supernatural done, He sent the Holy Spirit "upon" them to do God's will. And after the thing was over, the Spirit would leave until the next time they prayed for His help. Then we read what David wrote asking God to not take away His Spirit from Him. That can seem as though they had the Holy Spirit like we do but, I just think it means he is asking God to not stop sending His Spirit if he calls out to Him for help.
God Bless bro!
nancy

Reactions: soul man and Debp

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does David mean here?

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit." Psalm 51:10-12