Intercessory call to prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1526212753859-576x1024.jpg

A spirit of intercession

As Christians we all pray. And I'm speaking here to born again Christians that have been afterwards baptized in the Holy Spirit and forthwith received the gift of tongues. The ability to pray in the spirit. From Acts onward and through the epistles prayer in the spirit and speaking in tongues are exactly the same thing.

The admonition to pray without ceasing
can only be accomplished by prayer in tongues, prayer in the spirit. How long can a person pray with their understanding before they begin to repeat themselves or run out of words? Not very long. Those baptized in the Holy Spirit and with the gift of tongues know all of this. On the odd chance that a denominationally constrained reader might wander by I mention this.

There is a call by the Holy Spirit to intercessory prayer that we can find in the book of Job. Job 32:18-20

Job 32:18-20 NASB
"For I am full of words; The spirit within me constrains me.
[19] "Behold, my belly is like unvented wine, Like new wineskins it is about to burst.
[20] "Let me speak that I may get relief; Let me open my lips and answer.

This is an exact description of the call to intercessory prayer by the Holy Spirit.

An internal pressure on your spirit man begins to build to the point that it is uncomfortable to say the least. The only way to relieve this pressure is to pray. Pray in the spirit.

The call to prayer may last a short while or for an hour or two, even more. When the call to intercessory prayer begins to be fulfilled the internal pressure will begin to back off, to be relieved as referred to in verse 20.

Unless the Lord shows you what your spirit man is praying for we remain without understanding in the matter. It may be a prayer for yourself, your family or for someone or some situation across the world.

If this call to prayer has come upon you then you are well acquainted with these things. If not then if this call to prayer comes up you can recognize it for what it is. The relief that comes as you "pray through" in the spirit is wonderful.

If you have experienced this then please share. I've not encountered others thus far that are familiar with this call to prayer.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Frank Lee
The praying without ceasing is really the thing along with rejoicing in the Lord always. Those are among the impossible things for man, but by means of the Holy Ghost in us, those also are possible.

I used to try to include everyone by name in my prayers, but as the numbers for which I needed to pray increase I realized the impossibility. Your post reminds me of how God helps me to do these seemingly impossible things. It is not my language, but His, that is, His Word, that is able to accomplish all that for me is impossible.
Give God the glory!