Interesting history

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, well they are famous, aren't they?
Blackpool is famous for its Illuminations and my favourites were always the trams dressed up in lights to resemble a train, a boat and a rocket ship. It's a very colourful spectacle but it's a few years since I went. And we always had a bag of steaming hot chips (proper English chips not the American sort we call crisps) to eat as we wandered along.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Blackpool is famous for its Illuminations and my favourites were always the trams dressed up in lights to resemble a train, a boat and a rocket ship. It's a very colourful spectacle but it's a few years since I went. And we always had a bag of steaming hot chips (proper English chips not the American sort we call crisps) to eat as we wandered along.
Yes, over here chips are what you guys in the UK call crisps. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't like Blackpool it is very seedy. Parts of the seafront are ok but it became a Mecca for tacky stag and hen parties and lowered the tone. I prefer Southport which is a lot smaller but more gentile and also Conway in Wales which has the wonderful castle. Blackpool is only an hour away but the other two are almost as close.
PS: Some places in England have bylaws which prevent stores from opening up actually on the seafront. (Blackpool doesn't seem to be one of them, though...)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
PS: Some places in England have bylaws which prevent stores from opening up actually on the seafront. (Blackpool doesn't seem to be one of them, though...)
Blackpool definitely isn't one of them. And they are all tacky.

Reactions: farouk