Interpretation Methods

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah,lol. No specific example though?
Yes, I can see you are really interested in the facts,lol.
You knew how to search, but not enough to search for the title I gave you.
I am sure you are sincere.
Perhaps you could quote that post where you gave me a specific thread to look up? Do that, and I will try. I really don't recall any specific thread being named.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi CL,

I didn't know that you thought this could be the fate of a born again child of God. Do you truly think the born again can die again?

Much love!
The parable of the sower shows that if someone ends up with no life, there was no life there in the first place (as regards the ground upon which the seed fell).

Reactions: John Caldwell

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JonC,
Why not restore your deleted post here so we can see how you expressed your love for the Calvinist brethren
You've always been up front with all of your interactions and have had posts deleted and edited by a perpetrator all the while the latter person goes around covering his tracks, hiding responses, deleting, editing his own posts to his favor and pandering to others behind a veil of false witness. That's a fact, and God and several of us know this. Seems to be no fear of God at all in observing these behaviors.

I find it intriguing and remarkable you've been stalked even to another site.

Take assurance in the reality that God judges according to truth even if others prematurely and without all the facts side with one who has lied and seeks daily to sow discord and falsehoods. Proverbs 14:15 is in order.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've always been up front with all of your interactions and have had posts deleted and edited by a perpetrator all the while the latter person goes around covering his tracks, hiding responses, deleting, editing his own posts to his favor and pandering to others behind a veil of false witness. That's a fact, and God and several of us know this. Seems to be no fear of God at all in observing these behaviors.

Take assurance in the reality that God judges according to truth even if others prematurely and without all the facts side with one who has lied and seeks daily to sow discord and falsehoods. Proverbs 14:15 is in order.
The question is not who insulted who or posted inappropriately over the years (we all have, you included).

The question is a specific accusation.

Are you saying that you personally read a post where I state "I hate Calvinists"?

James 1:26 is in order.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A very reasonable approach. :)

Once we start inventing "biblical" meanings for the words of the bible....we are well on the way to subversion of the biblical message.

A case in point is with the word "impute". The "biblical interpretation" method makes the word to mean the very opposite of what it means in every other usage in English.

In English to impute means to attribute a condition based on evidence. As in...the smoke was imputed to a forest fire. That is the usual context of the word "imputed" in English. That is it's CORRECT usage.

But a biblical indoctrination changes the meaning of the word to fit a skewed interpretation of the bible making the word mean that God attributes something to someone that isn't there. IOW a FALSE imputation.

So we are dealing with lies and half truths based on subversion of the English language in order to get the desired meaning out of the biblical text. The word then is changed to mean it's exact opposite. As in...something that is in error attributed to someone or something that has nothing to do with it.

So then using the modern "biblical" usage of the word "impute"...we could say that the invention of television was imputed to Mickey Mouse. (Of course the same level of fiction is involved in this statement as with much of popular Christianity)
Where to begin? The above is so chock full of errors and assumptions there is little to no hope of correcting the op. It is a rejection of the biblical doctrine of the imputed righteousness of Christ given to his elect (Romans 4, 5) in favor of one earning or achieving righteousness.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who have been born again have actually had all their sins cleaned and their guilt removed. They are new creatures in Christ with a new nature. That is the quickened spirit indwelt by the Holy Spirit. That nature cannot sin.

At the same time the old Adamic nature has not been eradicated, which means that the possibility of sin from this *flesh* nature has not been eradicated. Christians would in fact be sinlessly perfect if this nature had been totally eradicated -- removed completely.

So Paul explains this dual nature in Romans 7:21-23, and shows that there is internal warfare:

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
[the new nature]
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. [the old nature]

For the flesh lusteth [strives or wars] against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. (Gal 5:17)

At the same time, the old nature cannot have dominion over the Christian because the indwelling Holy Spirit is more powerful. But in order for that power to be manifested, the Christian must crucify or mortify or put to death the old nature. And that is done by walking in the Spirit.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. (Gal 5:24,25)

I have heard very few people explain this so well. :)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tony,
I'm STILL struggling to figure out your thinking on the guidance of The Holy Spirit. All I can imagine is what you could possibly mean is that the Apostles were "guided" to write things down in their letters.... and that we, today, are only helped by The Spirit to accept those letters as being truth. Is that what you are trying to say?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes brother you are posting direct truth here as you do.
It is very sad and almost unbelievable to see the lengths someone will go to cover sin.
I was re reading the wicked response in that thread. He had to work hard to make up the false scenarios saying I did not believe in the work of the Holy Spirit, and was probably not saved. The responses are typical of what he does post after post.
Many of the Cals protested, but the non cals shamefully turned a blind eye to it.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the address to the thread "Apostolic Uniqueness", over on the Baptist Board.

Apostolic Uniqueness ....Guided into All Truth

BTW, Tony, (*Iconoclast*), where did you EVER get the idea that the Holy Spirit only guided the Apostles into truth... and not us ( your post #44 in that thread.)
Willie thanks for searching this thread out as I was not able to post it.
In the opening posts I present the case.
You may agree or not agree.
Notice....guided into All Truth
Now , take your time and work through the responses of JonC...lol
Right from the start he does not address the OP.

He suggests I deny the Spirit allows truth to come to all believers,
That was not the the topic.
If you look at each response he never addressed the OP,but rather
He attacks me with things I never said at all.
That might begin to explain the ongoing strife where you said I appear hostile.
Get a legal pad and list the things said toward me.
I will show it. I am in the hospital for a tune up,with some minor work being fixed,lol so I do not have my laptop.
If I can I will delete everything but what he accuses me
You will see none of it relates to the OP.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief. I've been looking this evening. Maybe this will help (I am sure it won't....there will be another thread and another and another...that is what happens when people create a false narrative and then has to scramble to manufacture evidence or lie enough times someone will buy it).

Here is my view of Calvinism (and the thread where you had your meltdown).
Be killing your philosophy or it'll be killing you?
The post was never deleted. I had edited the "you are welcome" part and then reverted it back to the original when I finally deciphered your ramblings because you were freaking out.

Post 40 was the one you claimed was me calling Calvinists "false prophets and teachers and thanked the BB for silencing my critics" (which proved false).

The admins looked at the post (they can see deletions & edits, as the admins here can testify). That is why they concluded you had made a false accusation.

Here is the post: Neither Arminianism nor Calvinism
(You can know it is the original as there is no edit information at the bottom and no "history").

On the foreknowledge thread you claimed I was lying when I said you had over 25 warnings by 5 staff member . I can prove that as well if needed.

That is two strikes against you, Anthony. Here is your chance to hit the ball - provide a post where I state "I hate Calvinists".
You are lying once again right here JonC.
I will show you deleted 3 posts.
I will show you lied about each one.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tony,
I spent 12 years being taught in the CoC that The Holy Spirit resided, and still resides, ONLY as words written (printed) on the pages of the Bible. I finally opened my eyes to God's everyday working in our lives through The Holy Spirit, and eventually started becoming of some use to God. Frankly, what you espouse is frighteningly close to what those "Modern Day Pharisees" peddled.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Caldwell

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How so?

I said:

1. Neither Arminianism nor Calvinism post #40 is the post that you said in Be killing your philosophy or it'll be killing you? was me saying that Calvinists were false prophets and teachers and where I "thanked the BaptistBoard for silencing my critics". Obviously you were wrong in that claim.

2. I said you had over 25 warnings given by 5 staff members (Skandelon, Squire, rsr, TCasdidy, DHK and myself). That was 6 but it was a mistake and not a lie. I miscounted.

Both are verifiable. Your words are in the link. Your warnings are uploaded to my media file here.

That is 2 lies you have told. Now please show where I ever stated I hate Calvinists.

I can actually show where you complain that I associate with Calvinism. I can show that on this forum.
All the Cals knew you lied saying you were a Calvinist.
You repeated your lie on here 20 or 30 times before you were pressed to admit you were not a Cal.

You banned for no reason but to censor me.Dhk would give me infractions like you do, because he got embarrassed he could not answer my and other Cal posts.
You were kicked off a board for lying. Lol.
You have deleted so many of your posts to cover your lies.
You edited the green smiley post..
You lie here publically.
You did not restore your deletions as requested

You know I can access them now because of your false ban.I was not wrong about you silencing your critics....thank you baptistboard!