Is Any Denomination Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you are not a Catholic you are not a Christian in fact.
The Roman Catholic Church nowadays is not Catholic, well Pope Frances is not Catholic that's for sure, but he is a Freemason for sure, does never say Jesus Christ unless he really has to says such, if you bother to listen to what he has to say, you will se that he uses the word god only, so as not to offend his Islamic and Talmud Satanist mates that are all Communist, that only want to dominate over all in the NWO.

Any true Catholic would point out who and what the Talmud are all about in fact and just publish what such Satanist morons truly say, it's not that hard to expose them for what they truly on about.

Catholic does not mean something as vague as universal, that is only a half arse dumbed down expression, but if you want to do your home work on the subject you can go find out what the full meaning was as to the RCC was before it started using dumbed down words to express, now there new Bibles are totally devoid of what the older ones were and they have even dumbed down the word Apocalypse to Revelation, But we do see in the AKJV foreword that it does explain why it uses the word Revelation however and also points out that this book should never be called revelations ?
Apocalypse means revelation of things that were, are, and will be.
Now my old RCC Bible points out further on this book that victory cannot be won without a struggle in the foreword.

Why would the RCC dumb down the new Bible like it has, clearly they are controlled by Satanist as Pope Paul in fact warned about.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi amadeus,

Are you saying that the only way we're fit to discern what we hear from others of their experiences is if we have our own experiences, and then compare theirs to ours?

I think this is why we need to hold to the Bible as the truth, and compare ourselves to that.

Much love!
No, that is not what I meant. Every believer has to have a vision as per Prov 29:18. The vision early on is very dim, but it is Light when compared to the absolute darkness where unbelievers dwell, but are not supposed to be comparing ourselves among ourselves.

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12

The Apostle Paul speaks of our vision here:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Paul includes himself in the "we" seeing through glass, darkly, but he also speaks of the "then" face to face vision.

Our bright is our Light? How bright can it or will it be?

"Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound." Isaiah 30:26

And... the final perfected vision:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not what I meant. Every believer has to have a vision as per Prov 29:18. The vision early on is very dim, but it is Light when compared to the absolute darkness where unbelievers dwell, but are not supposed to be comparing ourselves among ourselves.
You had written . . .

Until you have a "face to face" vision yourself, you should not jump to conclusions about the vision of others because it doesn't not at the moment line up precisely with yours.

I'm saying that regardless of our own vision, as you say, well, you said, until we have a "face to face" vision, I'm saying, Scripture teaches us. God uses the unchanging Word so we can know we're not just going odd directions in our own minds.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like you are recommending that we shouldn't use discernment in what others tell us of their 'vision' until we have our own 'vision', at which time, presumably then we'll be in the 'in circle', and won't question anymore. Am I off base here?

I'm just saying that the Bible teaches us quite about about things, and that we use it as the basis of discernment, and with which the Holy Spirit will Always agree, rather than our own 'vision'.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks

Amadeus said:
Until you have a "face to face" vision yourself, you should not jump to conclusions about the vision of others because it doesn't not at the moment line up precisely with yours.
I'm saying that regardless of our own vision, as you say, well, you said, until we have a "face to face" vision, I'm saying, Scripture teaches us. God uses the unchanging Word so we can know we're not just going odd directions in our own minds.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like you are recommending that we shouldn't use discernment in what others tell us of their 'vision' until we have our own 'vision', at which time, presumably then we'll be in the 'in circle', and won't question anymore. Am I off base here?

Scripture does Not teach us:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

" [God] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

" II Cor 3:6

The letter is the bare book of written scripture while the spirit is the Holy Spirit in us, the quickening Spirit:

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." I Cor 15:45

And we are to be like him, the last Adam, that is!

Part of what a vision is, is understanding, the understanding provided by the Life giving Spirit, the Holy Spirit. Why should I recommend? Rather we are led by the Word alive in us. Discernment itself is simply part of what God gives us. The Holy Spirit leads us to properly use what we have been given. This is why Not quenching the Spirit is so important. When we quench the Spirit, we then usurp the leadership of God in us to us leading ourselves and heading straight into a ditch.

I'm just saying that the Bible teaches us quite about about things, and that we use it as the basis of discernment, and with which the Holy Spirit will Always agree, rather than our own 'vision'.
Our own 'vision' as you call it are the "eyes to see" about which Jesus speaks to us:

Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them." Matt 13:13-17

Reactions: Pisteuo

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right. I leave the convincing to Him, but I do see what is written for why they are not saved and that is by them not believing in Him, so... it is not a stretch to believe Jesus was referring to the promise of the baptism with the Holy Spirit for those that came to & believed in Jesus Christ.
Think about it a minute.

Jesus said he that believeth not and is baptized?.....Of course not.

Jesus knew unbelievers don't get baptized.(they were forbidden from baptism in Acts 8 unless they fully believed)

That is why he demanded faith to be baptized to be saved.

Now does this make the Jesus kind of sense?

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Peter bothered to defer from water baptism as not the water that puts off the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience towards God which is believing in Him, that would explain the baptism of the Holy Ghost as what saved us. Being born again of the Spirit is when a believer is saved.

If you note Acts 8th chapter, the potential believers were water baptized in His name but they had not received the Holy Spirit yet. Why? Because of the infamy of Simon the sorcerer that had afflicted the people in that area with unclean spirits, and Phillip was going around seemingly undoing that dark work, the fanfare developed as they were following him around to see the miracles. Even Simon was too, believed the "things" Philip had preached about concerning the kingdom and the name of Jesus, but they were not right in the sight of God in coming to Him to be saved. Proof of that was even after Peter & John were sent down to lay hands on them for them to receive the Holy Ghost, Simon had thought he could purchase that power from them. So that is why God did not give them the Holy Ghost yet because the spotlight was on Philip and they just got water baptized out of fanfare. When we read on, we see Philip learning from his oversight in why the Samaritans were getting water baptism for, by how he had asked the Ethiopian eunuch directly if he believed in Jesus Christ before he water baptized him.

Anyway, you would be hard press to say water baptism signals the gift of the Holy Ghost when the Samaritans were not coming to believe in Jesus Christ, but following Philip around out of fanfare and doing whatever he had asked because they believed in the "things" about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ. They were baptized in His name but not saved yet because they had not received the gift of the Spirit.
Of course the water does not clear the conscience.

It is speaking the name of Jesus Christ while in the water that clears the conscience.

I can go back to the instant my sins were remitted per my Acts 2:38 experience.

No Acts 2:38 experience, no evidence for the conscience.

I remember the name of Jesus being spoken over me during immersion, which I count on in those low times.

I dont have faith in my hopeful faith, but faith in His name spoken over me.

When the enemy comes to accuse me, I hold up my Acts 2:38 shield to prove I have been remitted from sins.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was a significant moment and why they were given proof because every Jewish convert to Christianity, even His disciples, were under the order not to preach the gospel to the Gentiles but to the lost sheep of Israel. That was why God had to give Peter a vision to compel him to go to the house of Cornelius.

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

But due note it was still to serve as a sign to others and not to the new believers being saved at that moment themselves.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

As it is, Paul testified that tongues were to serve as a sign TO others and thus believers should not be seeking to receive the Holy Spirit by a sign or proof for anything for themselves when we are all seek to receive the promise of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ.

Otherwise Paul would be saying we are all children of God by a sign of tongues, and that is hardly faith, the evidence of things not seen, but the fact that you believe, is a work of God Himself.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

How did Peter etc know that the Gentiles received the Holy Ghost?

They heard the speak with tongues.

How does the modern church know the Gentiles received the Holy Ghost?

They say "Jesus" and sign a card.

What a difference 2000 years makes, huh?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke, who written the Book of Acts as led by the Holy Spirit, said they did for why they had received the gift of the Holy Spirit at their salvation.
So you think it is saying something like this?...

Then Peter said repent and receive the Holy Ghost for salvation and remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Truther,

Jesus does not 'take on' a body. He has a body. A body that was born of the virgin Mary, that suffered and died for us and rose again from the dead.

Peace be with you!
The quickening spirit(Jesus) can appear in various form, sizes and places.

He was born a man and later made a quickening spirit by his God after his God resurrected him from the dead per 1 Co 15.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you have already claimed baptism equals salvation. So, you are saying they received the Spirit before salvation obviously.
The Spirit convicts people of sin. This doesn't always lead to salvation. The indwelling of the Spirit happens after salvation. Baptism is the same as confessing with your mouth, a public declaration of your new life.
Yes.
The Holy Ghost alone is a Spirit to lead us to the truth, not vindicate "our truth".

It propels us to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and to get us into the book of Acts Church...dragging us out of our former "churches".

Folks think the Holy Ghost is a parking lot, but no, it's a freeway.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about it a minute.

Jesus said he that believeth not and is baptized?.....Of course not.

Jesus knew unbelievers don't get baptized.(they were forbidden from baptism in Acts 8 unless they fully believed)

That is why he demanded faith to be baptized to be saved.

Now does this make the Jesus kind of sense?

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Is God's hand for salvation limited because of lack of water?

I believe we are at an impasse so we agree to disagree as we are to trust the Good Shepherd to minister to each of us personally on this issue.

Reactions: Renniks

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course the water does not clear the conscience.

It is speaking the name of Jesus Christ while in the water that clears the conscience.

I can go back to the instant my sins were remitted per my Acts 2:38 experience.

No Acts 2:38 experience, no evidence for the conscience.

I remember the name of Jesus being spoken over me during immersion, which I count on in those low times.

I dont have faith in my hopeful faith, but faith in His name spoken over me.

When the enemy comes to accuse me, I hold up my Acts 2:38 shield to prove I have been remitted from sins.

We prophesy in part and we know in part, but we can ask the Lord for wisdom when we do our own personal Bible study at which times we should trust Him to help us see the truth in His words, regardless of long held church practices and beliefs.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is God's hand for salvation limited because of lack of water?

I believe we are at an impasse so we agree to disagree as we are to trust the Good Shepherd to minister to each of us personally on this issue.
Plenty of water on earth. The majority of the world is under water. Plenty of it.
God will provide water since He commanded us to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins.
He provided the sacrifice, and He will provide the water for us to apply the sacrifice.
Fret not my friend.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did Peter etc know that the Gentiles received the Holy Ghost?

They heard the speak with tongues.

How does the modern church know the Gentiles received the Holy Ghost?

They say "Jesus" and sign a card.

What a difference 2000 years makes, huh?

How did Philip knew the Ethiopian eunuch had received the Holy Ghost? Who would the new believer speak in tongues to wen there is no unbeliever there?

How did Peter & John knew the Samaritans had received the Holy Ghost? Not by speaking in tongues because they were all Samaritans for why it was unnecessary to manifest tongues when there were no foreigners there.

Like it or not, Paul had asked the question...

1 Corinthians 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

Thus alluding to not every one has spoken in tongues for why it is not a sign or proof for believers to know that they had received the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plenty of water on earth. The majority of the world is under water. Plenty of it.
God will provide water since He commanded us to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins.
He provided the sacrifice, and He will provide the water for us to apply the sacrifice.
Fret not my friend.

I do not fret over that, but I believe all those who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I see no mention of water baptism here as being a part of that gospel in how we are saved.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not fret over that, but I believe all those who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I see no mention of water baptism here as being a part of that gospel in how we are saved.

That was written to folks that obeyed Acts 2:38.
They are known as saints.
This is an Epistle to them.
It is not to be used to debunk Acts 2:38.
You skipped Acts.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did Philip knew the Ethiopian eunuch had received the Holy Ghost? Who would the new believer speak in tongues to wen there is no unbeliever there?

How did Peter & John knew the Samaritans had received the Holy Ghost? Not by speaking in tongues because they were all Samaritans for why it was unnecessary to manifest tongues when there were no foreigners there.

Like it or not, Paul had asked the question...

1 Corinthians 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

Thus alluding to not every one has spoken in tongues for why it is not a sign or proof for believers to know that they had received the gift of the Holy Spirit.
The eunuch left Phillip without the Holy Ghost.
No problem, the Lord has that stuff.

Also, the gift of known tongues per 1Cor 12 are not to be confused with unknown tongues of chapter 14.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was written to folks that obeyed Acts 2:38.
They are known as saints.
This is an Epistle to them.
It is not to be used to debunk Acts 2:38.
You skipped Acts.

You skipped Paul.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God... 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Ask the Lord to make sure you are not overlooking the truth in His words, brother. That is all I ask. As it is, we agree to disagree.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You skipped Paul.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God... 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Ask the Lord to make sure you are not overlooking the truth in His words, brother. That is all I ask. As it is, we agree to disagree.
You skipped Acts again.
Bad habit...real bad.