Is Any Denomination Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think 'literal' means?
To me it means real or true. As oposed to
If you claimed something was literally your blood, I would expect it to be literally blood. Not hard to understand. Whether Christ mystically inhabits the elements isn't really an issue for me. It doesn't matter. He is there in Spirit, regardless.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, but not a disembodied spirit. The whole point of 1 cor 15 ia affirming that Jesus rose bodily from the dead.
His body was transformed, glorified, made incorruptible, as ours will be !
He can be seen, touched, handled as He demonstrated to Thomas..
It is not a natural corruptible body subject to pain and death, but a glorified incorruptible spiritual body.
Truly, literally, really flesh that died for us and rose again..

Indeed, even the form of bread and wine...

Peace be with you.

Why would He willingly submit then to that which is corruptible to be consumed?

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were not saved by the Spirit only.

They were given the Holy Ghost to lead them to remission of sins per water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

Some need that to see the need to be baptized for the remission of sins.

Some find remission of sins by being baptized first.

Either way, all were led to water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

That is not what Peter had said.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

That is why, when there is only one gospel, Peter interjected that water baptism for the Jews was not meant that is how they got the remission of sins, but by repenting form unbelief for crucifying Him because they did not believe in Him then, and so when they did repent by believing in Him, that was how they got the remission of sins.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you claimed something was literally your blood, I would expect it to be literally blood.
That might be the non-Catholic position, but you won't convince any Catholic. To understand the Catholic dogma of the Mass you should take some time to study the Catechism of the Catholic Church, as well as the Canons of the Council of Trent, and the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia.

CANON I. If any one saith, that in the Mass a true and real Sacrifice is not offered to God; or, that to be offered is nothing else but that Christ is given us to eat; let him be anathema.

CANON III. If any one saith, that the Sacrifice of the Mass is only a sacrifice of praise and of thanksgiving; or, that it is a bare commemoration of the Sacrifice consummated on the Cross, but not a propitiatory sacrifice; or, that it profits him only who receives; and that it ought not to be offered for the living and the dead for sins, pains, satisfactions, and other necessities; let him be anathema.

At the same time, many traditional Catholic clergy believe that the traditional Catholic Mass was sabotaged by the Catholic Church under Pope Paul VI in 1967 through the Novus Ordo Missae, and Protestant clergy were involved in this sabotage.

Reactions: Enow

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That might be the non-Catholic position, but you won't convince any Catholic. To understand the Catholic dogma of the Mass you should take some time to study the Catechism of the Catholic Church, as well as the Canons of the Council of Trent, and the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia.

CANON I. If any one saith, that in the Mass a true and real Sacrifice is not offered to God; or, that to be offered is nothing else but that Christ is given us to eat; let him be anathema.

CANON III. If any one saith, that the Sacrifice of the Mass is only a sacrifice of praise and of thanksgiving; or, that it is a bare commemoration of the Sacrifice consummated on the Cross, but not a propitiatory sacrifice; or, that it profits him only who receives; and that it ought not to be offered for the living and the dead for sins, pains, satisfactions, and other necessities; let him be anathema.

At the same time, many traditional Catholic clergy believe that the traditional Catholic Mass was sabotaged by the Catholic Church under Pope Paul VI in 1967 through the Novus Ordo Missae, and Protestant clergy were involved in this sabotage.

I believe Hebrews 10th chapter really reproves what they are doing in the Mass by making the one time sacrifice for sins present again to receive again thus turning blood of communion to be on par with the blood of goats and bulls that it bears repeating again, thus treating the blood of the Covenant as an unholy thing.

Hebrews 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins....

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: ........

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin..........

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Catholics are still saved but that Mass is going to give them some stripes from the Lord for treating His blood as if He was not good eniugh to have saved them for why the Holy Spirit in them is Witness that they are saved and His forever. Unless they repent before the Bridegroom comes.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics, Orthodox, Liturgical Christians are saved, evangelicals maybe saved but as my Bishop says they are starving to death
If a person is hungering and thirsting for the right things, will not God fill him?

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

How does a person become hungry and thirsty for these things?

I would say that a person must ask sincerely, not amiss, as per...

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person is hungering and thirsting for the right things, will not God fill him?

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

How does a person become hungry and thirsty for these things?

I would say that a person must ask sincerely, not amiss, as per...

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Jesus promised that when we come to Him and believe in Him, we will never thirst nor hunger again because then we will be Spirit-filled as a testimony that we are a new creature in Christ & thus saved.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

To seek a continual filling is to say they are not a new creature yet for why they are still seeking to be filled. Would that not be a work that denies Him as being a new creature and thus always Spirit-filled so we can testify to others that Jesus Christ is our Saviour because we are saved?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Jesus promised that when we come to Him and believe in Him, we will never thirst nor hunger again because then we will be Spirit-filled as a testimony that we are a new creature in Christ & thus saved.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

To seek a continual filling is to say they are not a new creature yet for why they are still seeking to be filled. Would that not be a work that denies Him as being a new creature and thus always Spirit-filled so we can testify to others that Jesus Christ is our Saviour because we are saved?

We will never hunger and never thirst if we partake of His flesh and His blood daily.

When we have the opportunity, we all partake daily of meat and potatoes and H2O so as to keep our physical body [the vessel of the old man] alive and healthy.

Should we do less for the new spiritual man?

Reactions: Philip James

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Only the Eucharist fills and that is why your all starving to death and maybe worse if you reject Christ in the Holy Eucharist. That evangelical stuff will never help anyone

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the Eucharist fills and that is why your all starving to death and maybe worse if you reject Christ in the Holy Eucharist. That evangelical stuff will never help anyone
Not knowing what you call, evangelical stuff, I will leave that alone. I will say that precisely followed rituals,
even if God prescribed them, as He did with the natural children of Jacob/Israel will also not accomplish His ultimate purpose in a heart that is not hungry and thirsty for His righteousness. But God will certainly help a heart hungry and thirsty for the righteousness of God.

Does God limit Himself in how He accomplishes His that promise voiced by Jesus? No, He does not. God only limits Himself by allowing individuals to choose to follow Him or not: God or mammon. If a person makes that choice correctly meaning it, God will fill him!

Give God the glory!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ Real Presence is in the Eucharist and you evangelicals since you won't touch that how Protestants, which I hate to use use because Protestants don't reject Christ as evangelicals do by reject Christ in the Eucharist. Just as those in John 6 you all who refuse Christ in the Eucharist in essence walk away from Christ. If you don't partake of the Eucharist with Christ Real Presence there is no life in you all. John, 6:53

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what Peter had said.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

That is why, when there is only one gospel, Peter interjected that water baptism for the Jews was not meant that is how they got the remission of sins, but by repenting form unbelief for crucifying Him because they did not believe in Him then, and so when they did repent by believing in Him, that was how they got the remission of sins.
Why did you hit the power brakes at verse 43?

Shall I?....

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.....

Which originated here...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,....

....as verse 43 says, receive remission of sins through his name.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, but not a disembodied spirit. The whole point of 1 cor 15 ia affirming that Jesus rose bodily from the dead.
His body was transformed, glorified, made incorruptible, as ours will be !
He can be seen, touched, handled as He demonstrated to Thomas..
It is not a natural corruptible body subject to pain and death, but a glorified incorruptible spiritual body.
Truly, literally, really flesh that died for us and rose again..

Indeed, even the form of bread and wine...

Peace be with you.
A quickening spirit can take on a body.

This quickening spirit body is omnipresent.

God is encapsulated in his omnipresent spirit body.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which means they were not saved yet until they were born again of the Spirit. If you are referring to Acts 8, discernment is needed there for why Luke had written the background about the people and Simon for why God was still working on them in leading them to believe in Jesus Christ rather than just believe in the "things" Philip preached about and following hi around because they were wowed by all the miracles supposedly coming by him rather than by God. The fact that Simon still thought it was coming from ne when he offered to buy the power of giving the Holy Ghost from Peter & John. The people had regarded Simon with infamy and fanfare so when Philip was undoing his work that he afflicted those people with unclean spirits, the fanfare went to Philip and the spotlight was on Philip when they got water baptized. They believed the things he had preached about, but not personally yet to believe in Him to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost at their salvation. ( Romans 8:9 )

If you read on, I see Philip had learned from his oversight and asked the Ethiopian eunuch if he believed in Jesus Christ before he water baptized him.

I see baptism with the Holy Ghost as the result for believing in Him and the only reason a person is not saved is for not believing in Him in Mark 16:16. It is an assumption to read that as meaning water baptism. FYI
One cannot be saved by the Spirit only, nor by baptism only.

One needs both.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will never hunger and never thirst if we partake of His flesh and His blood daily.

I believe the promise of Jesus is about our salvation for why we would never hunger nor thirst again because we are Spirit-filled.

When we have the opportunity, we all partake daily of meat and potatoes and H2O so as to keep our physical body [the vessel of the old man] alive and healthy.
Should we do less for the new spiritual man?

If we were still trying to save ourselves, but we are not. Once you come to & believe in Jesus Christ, you are a new creature and thus always Spirit-filled and thus saved as a testimony from God that Jesus Christ IS the Saviour.

But I understand that the only reason you posted the way that you did is because you have been experiencing what you believe is the supernaturally receiving or the continual infilling of the Holy Spirit since your salvation.

2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 is Paul reminding the believers of our tradition which reproves the lie for which God will permit the strong delusion to occur by that many will fall away from the faith because of it.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

That is Paul testifying of the tradition of the only time a believer will receive the Holy Spirit and that is at their salvation so they can know the lie and thus discern the spirits that are not of Him that will cause many to fall away from the faith by.

Also, what you are describing goes against the warning from Paul about seeking even another Jesus.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

That is why we are not to believe every spirit but test them, because feel good experiences can be a sign from "seducing spirits" as the "holy laughter" movement is an example to that effect, brother.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Thanks for sharing, brother. Just voicing my concern for you by the scriptures.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One cannot be saved by the Spirit only, nor by baptism only.

One needs both.

You have heard of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, right? The one Jesus baptizes us at our salvation? The One the Father sends as promised at our salvation? That is the baptism spoken of in Mark 16:16 for why by not believing in Him is how they are not saved.

John 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Matthew 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.....6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.....16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.....25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you hit the power brakes at verse 43?

Shall I?....

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.....

Which originated here...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,....

....as verse 43 says, receive remission of sins through his name.

I am aware of that verse since I did say they had received the gift of the Holy Spirit BEFORE water baptism, but thank you anyway, brother.

However, applying remission of sins to water baptism is overlooking the fact that the point of remission of sins is how anyone receives the gift of the Holy Ghost at their salvation moment. When you are born again of the Spirit by believing in Him, then you are saved.

John 3 rd chapter confirms that.

Bible Gateway passage: John 3 - King James Version

Reactions: mjrhealth

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
lol

wow, i had no idea BG was cult of sol, hmm
thought he avoided statements like that?
curious when that was in his ministry even

If we confess our sin, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and.......to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. What you might call a clean sheet.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If we confess our sin, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and.......to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. What you might call a clean sheet.
ok, ty
not seeing how that addresses the post tho, sorry
did BG confess that sin, you mean?
bet he was still forgiven anyway :)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am aware of that verse since I did say they had received the gift of the Holy Spirit BEFORE water baptism, but thank you anyway, brother.

However, applying remission of sins to water baptism is overlooking the fact that the point of remission of sins is how anyone receives the gift of the Holy Ghost at their salvation moment. When you are born again of the Spirit by believing in Him, then you are saved.

John 3 rd chapter confirms that.

Bible Gateway passage: John 3 - King James Version
John 3 is speaking of the Acts 2 outpouring.

It says nothing about remission of sins.

Jesus said that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name beginning at Jerusalem.

At Jerusalem, the very first time remission was mentioned was when the sinners that killed Jesus asked what to do to fix their sin.

Peter told them "...repent, and be baptized in he name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...."

Peter did not say "...repent for the remission...", or "...receive the Holy Ghost for the remission...".

There is only 1 way to find remission of sins, that is found in Acts 2:38.

We need to stick to the script.