Is Being Matriarchal Antichrist?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear All,

It is my position that matriarchy is antichrist. I believe that patriarchy
is ordained by God and is the way that He wishes the world to be run…particularly
between men and women and within their families.

If one looks to American history it seems to me that when women won the
right to vote then the country started to shift from patriarchy to
matriarchy. I trace much of our nation’s ills to the rise of the
matriarchal spirit in our midst.

I think many men are matriarchal and don't even know it. Perhaps they grew
up with mothers who took the lead in the family and therefore feel that female domination
is the natural order of things. However, when one looks at scripture we
almost never see a woman taking a dominant position over a man (except perhaps
in the case of Deborah) and if they do it is almost always in a bad way.

This brings me to another point that I have been thinking about. Do we
speak plainly about what we believe or should we modify it for the audience we
are speaking too? Admittedly, tracing the rise of the harlot spirit in
America back to the women’s sufferance is not a popular notion even if I
believe it is true. However, if someone believes a certain thing is it
better to beat around the bush in hopes of leading people to the truth or is it
better to simply state the truth plainly and allow those who have ears to hear
to accept it while other reject it?

When does wisdom become cowardice? When does diplomacy because hypocrisy?
In the word I do not see true men of God watering down the truth in order to
win Pharisees and influence Sadducees. Christianity seems to be replete
with confrontational truth spoken directly even to the point of putting those
who speak it in danger. We all reverence the apostle Paul but would we
have counseled him to "tone it down a t bit" especially in view of
the Jews who were after him?

If women receiving the right to vote was indeed the beginning of the down
ward spiral of our nation is it not right to speak it? I believe that it is.

Blessings,

Justin

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Matriarchy is not God willed in a household or church. The man is supposed to be the head of the wife and the speakers in church. The roles of men are sacred to both themselves and to God, and women transgressing that are going against the natural law of God. If a woman believes in the Almighty and truly holds to the interests of her husband, she wouldn't try to be the head of the man.

As for society collectively, I believe that many people both male and female alike are being overly feminist in their phiosophies. And that is not good because the fruit of Godliness is not produced through feminine thought. God put into the nature of men the zealousy of His word and will. This is reinforced by the fact that Adam was created first in His image, all the major prophets were male, the apostles were male, and Jesus himself is male.

And here's the thing about what I mean when I say that people are becoming overly feminist in their philosophies: They do not consider roles being 'yin and yang' as equality. They want 50/50 right down the center with absolutely everything, and that's ridiculous. It's sort of where you discern the difference between being a Christian and being a hippie (Can't really think of a better word, so I'm just going with hippie). They neglect accountability for a false mindset of peace and fairness, which is basically what a hippie is.

A women's role, in perfection, would be that of Mary. Women should seek to be digilent and strong like the Mother of God. That is the role of women in a nutshell, everything you grant from Mary Magdalene.
In fact, Queen Elizabeth I could be a great example in the event women are put into a position of authority outside the household or church. QE was not a feminist, and ran things with an iron fist being one of the hereoes of Christianity in her time. As you can see, she followed the will of men and God.

That's pretty much where I stand as far as women and roles go.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear S,

I liked your example of yin and yang as apposed to 50/50. It is intresting that now days, perhaps because of strong delusion, simply saying things about feminism is considered unlearned or weird.

But then again, I consider myself a sensitive man of the 1890's.

Blessings,

Justin

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Queen Elizabeth was born into a role that she had to fulfill as part of her royal responsibilities. Tell me SIM, are you married? :huh:

BB

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
LOL but If we look in the polygamy thread we see your all for Patriarchy with lots of wifes.
But your against Matriarch all together, so you don't approve of women having lots of husbands?

I see your practicing what Jesus taught LOL NOT

Matthew 7:12 “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.”

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear All,

What S said is absolutely true yet how many "men" here understand
or agree with him? Truly, we are living in an age of the rise of the
harlot church where men are constantly maligned and women are put in positions
of authority for which they are not suited nor are they supposed to be.

Blessings,

Justin

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear All,

What S said is absolutely true yet how many "men" here understand
or agree with him? Truly, we are living in an age of the rise of the
harlot church where men are constantly maligned and women are put in positions
of authority for which they are not suited nor are they supposed to be.

Blessings,

Justin
Your title is generally correct. It's antichrist in the sense it opposes God's design and purpose. Yes we are definitely living in the days of the great apostasy. There are many Ahab's and jezabels within the Church today. When the "people of God" turn to the world for their wisdom and instruction then bad fruit will follow.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I disagree I have a father and was raised by him with substantial help from his mother my grandmother. My mother and my father were not married and were not together when I was born. Yet the women in my life have displayed 1. godliness 2. strength in my life more than the men. My grandmother took me to church growing up and displayed godliness I owe muc to her for allowung God to use her. I grew up with a male pastor and many female ministers under him. More women came into ministry under my male pastor than they did under my current pastor who is a woman. More men are coming into ministry under her. What im saying is that God can use both men and women Ive seen it evidenced in my own life.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear U,

God is free to use anyone but I would argue that women need to be under a covering in any ministry. Now, when men fail to take their positions then God will use women to fill the gap...like Deborah...but it is a shame upon the men. Women should never fight to hold position over men...that is a dishonor to both God and men.

Blessings,

Justin