Is Bible prophecy designed as a parable?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, daq.

daq said:
Enoch2010 both you and Retrobyter were here in this thread and now in the following thread:

Christ will come again Post#65-109

What else do I owe the two of you when both of you willingly choose to be double blind? :)
Well, I can't speak for Enoch2010, but as far as I'm concerned wherever you are with your "everything's a parable" garbage, I'm going to be there to shed some light on the TRUTH! By the way, you jumped down Trumpeter's throat for QUOTING Amos 3:7 saying that "Timothy" said it, but AMOS did!

Amos 3:7
7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
KJV

You absolutely MUST understand that Bible prophecy is NOT designed as a parable! It is a REVEALING OF THE LITERAL FUTURE THAT GOD ALMIGHTY (EL ELYON) HIMSELF GIVES TO THE PROPHETS!!! Occasionally, there may be some speech thrown in that LOOKS LIKE figurative speech, but it may simply be that the prophet didn't know what he was looking at or hearing and did the best he could to convey what it looked like or sounded like to him, but he still gave us the "straight skinny" on the event, as best he could!

NOT EVERYTHING IN THE SCRIPTURES IS FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE OR A TEACHING ALLEGORY!!!!

Shalom, daq.

I guess I should have read a little better. I can see now that you were talking about the next paragraph, written by "Timothy," but even so, "Timothy" was NOT wrong when he said, "From God The Father: If all the mighty works of The Lord are broken down into mere parables and metaphors, then you are lost, forever consumed by talk and confusion, for this is the way of the evil one." There's a LOT of truth in that statement! While Yeshua` may have used SOME parables among the masses of Isra'el, to those who wanted to know more - namely, His own students - He would define His parables and reveal the truths behind the parables. He did not couch everything in the Scriptures as some idiom, figure of speech, allegory, simile, or metaphor! To the contrary, much of what He said was bold, point-blank-range, harsh reality!

However, you remind me of the pessimist/optimist axiom: "One will find what he is looking for." If one goes looking for the negative, he will surely find it. If one goes looking for the positive in life, he will find that instead!

In your case, if one goes looking for figurative speech, he will see it in EVERYTHING (whether it should be there or not)! If you interpret everything as some allegory, then that's all you will find. I will NOT follow your lead that everything is an allegory because I will NOT allow myself to be misled by haSatan. It was a twist of the wording of God's command that misled Chavah-Eve in the garden! "You won't actually die; you'll just swoon a little as you become like God! It's just some figurative speech for ... something else; you'll still live a full life!" Adam (the man and probably his wife, too) lived to be 930 years old, according to the Scriptures, but if you think they didn't die when they ate that fruit, disobeying God's commandment, you've got another "think" coming! How long COULD they have lived if they had NOT eaten of that fruit?!

On the other hand, you may have bitten your own "forbidden fruit," and bought into the Evolutionary Theory and see all of the Creation account as an allegory, in which case, you don't really believe that any of it actually happened. Am I right?

"Strange how much ya' have to know before ya' know how LITTLE ya' know!"

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, daq.

Well, I can't speak for Enoch2010, but as far as I'm concerned wherever you are with your "everything's a parable" garbage, I'm going to be there to shed some light on the TRUTH! By the way, you jumped down Trumpeter's throat for QUOTING Amos 3:7 saying that "Timothy" said it, but AMOS did!

Amos 3:7
7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
KJV

You absolutely MUST understand that Bible prophecy is NOT designed as a parable! It is a REVEALING OF THE LITERAL FUTURE THAT GOD ALMIGHTY (EL ELYON) HIMSELF GIVES TO THE PROPHETS!!! Occasionally, there may be some speech thrown in that LOOKS LIKE figurative speech, but it may simply be that the prophet didn't know what he was looking at or hearing and did the best he could to convey what it looked like or sounded like to him, but he still gave us the "straight skinny" on the event, as best he could!

NOT EVERYTHING IN THE SCRIPTURES IS FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE OR A TEACHING ALLEGORY!!!!
Shalom, daq.

I guess I should have read a little better. I can see now that you were talking about the next paragraph, written by "Timothy," but even so, "Timothy" was NOT wrong when he said, "From God The Father: If all the mighty works of The Lord are broken down into mere parables and metaphors, then you are lost, forever consumed by talk and confusion, for this is the way of the evil one." There's a LOT of truth in that statement! While Yeshua` may have used SOME parables among the masses of Isra'el, to those who wanted to know more - namely, His own students - He would define His parables and reveal the truths behind the parables. He did not couch everything in the Scriptures as some idiom, figure of speech, allegory, simile, or metaphor! To the contrary, much of what He said was bold, point-blank-range, harsh reality!

However, you remind me of the pessimist/optimist axiom: "One will find what he is looking for." If one goes looking for the negative, he will surely find it. If one goes looking for the positive in life, he will find that instead!

In your case, if one goes looking for figurative speech, he will see it in EVERYTHING (whether it should be there or not)! If you interpret everything as some allegory, then that's all you will find. I will NOT follow your lead that everything is an allegory because I will NOT allow myself to be misled by haSatan. It was a twist of the wording of God's command that misled Chavah-Eve in the garden! "You won't actually die; you'll just swoon a little as you become like God! It's just some figurative speech for ... something else; you'll still live a full life!" Adam (the man and probably his wife, too) lived to be 930 years old, according to the Scriptures, but if you think they didn't die when they ate that fruit, disobeying God's commandment, you've got another "think" coming! How long COULD they have lived if they had NOT eaten of that fruit?!

On the other hand, you may have bitten your own "forbidden fruit," and bought into the Evolutionary Theory and see all of the Creation account as an allegory, in which case, you don't really believe that any of it actually happened. Am I right?

"Strange how much ya' have to know before ya' know how LITTLE ya' know!"
Do you not care that you consistently expose yourself as double minded? You say in one thread how you have "washed your hands of me" like Pontius Pilate and "turn me over to the Spirit of your God so that if need be he might turn me over to haSatan" (or something to that effect which you said) but now here in this thread you plan to follow me around and harass me for everything I say? And again in this same statement here you jump all over me for what you clearly misunderstood concerning a poster who is not even here anymore and then when you see what my comments truly addressed you still go ahead and defend one who was claiming that his master Timothy spoke a new Word directly from the Father. This now puts you in the precarious position of defending "Timothy" the false prophet over the Scripture that I posted which is indeed the Word of God. It is true what they say how hatred for a perceived enemy makes for strange bedfellows. And since when do you have the right to accuse anyone of eating "forbidden fruit" just because you suddenly have the urge to theorize it to be evolution? In the same sentence which you have conjured to accuse me of being too allegorical you have allegorized the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil into the likes of modern Darwinian-evolution theory. You have made yet another false accusation because I do not subscribe to evolution; in fact, where you probably say "days" I say "hours" because there is no night or darkness in the new Genesis creation. It appears you are the one eating of the forbidden fruit, which we all have done, but you refuse to give up your eyes and mind of the flesh so as to live. Hear ye therefore the Parable of the Fig Tree! ^_^

gan-eden2.gif

There be four generations to the span of a man like the four seasons in the turning of a year:

Proverbs 30:11-17 KJV
11. There is a generation [1] that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.
12. There is a
generation [2] that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
13. There is a
generation, [3] O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.
14. There is a
generation, [4] whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.
The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough:
16. The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.
17. The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it.

And the "fourth generation" of the man has a "leach with two daughters" making the sum total of seven. Likewise the fourth generation beast of the man has teeth like swords and jaw teeth of knives which were both of old time made from IRON:

Daniel 7:7 KJV
7. After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Matthew 12:38-45 KJV
38. Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
39. But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous
generation [1] seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40. For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
41. The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this
generation, [2] and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
42. The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this
generation, [3] and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
43. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation [4].

Luke 13:6-9 KJV
6. He spake also this parable; a certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
7. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold,
these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
8. And he answering said unto him,
Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
9. And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

"O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance: the axe is laid unto the root of the trees; every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire! Rejoice not thou, whole Pelesheth, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent. And the firstborn of the poor shall feed, and the needy shall lie down in safety: and I will kill thy root with famine, and he shall slay thy remnant. Howl, O gate; cry, O city; thou, whole Pelesheth, art dissolved: for there shall come from the north a smoke, and none shall be alone in his appointed times. What shall one then answer the messengers of the nation? That YHWH hath founded Zion, and the poor of his people shall trust in it." In the after-days you will consider it, (if indeed you overcome in your appointment) but for now it appears your own Euphrate is already drying up and a Chabaquq Kadimah-east wind is blowing. :lol:

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
guysmith said:
Matthew 13:13This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

With so many different interpretations of Bible Prophecy, is it possible that BP is designed as a parable, not meant for every believer to understand?

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith
Is this now a subtle denial of the Word of God? Are we to claim human fallacy as the justification for saying that God is a liar?
There are indeed varied interpretations of end times events and personalities, but have you asked yourself why?

In most cases these various interpretations are meant to profit the self styled prophet. He who tickles the most ears takes the lion's share of the offerings to his bank. Case in point is Hal Lindsay and his so called Late Great Planet Earth series. Since its first publication in the early 1970's this story line has had to be rewritten and republished many times because current events made his forecasts implausible. Mr. Lindsay has made a very comfortable income for himself peddling his story line to gullible Christians. Does he believe the stuff he pitches to the church? I doubt it.

One of the facets of his predications states that earthquakes will devastate the globe. Mr. Lindsay doesn't believe a word of what he wrote because when he built a home for himself with his profits he built it very near the San Andreas fault in California. Would a man who believed the tripe he sold to the public do this? I seriously doubt it. Like most authors of fiction, Mr. Lindsay is more concerned with profits than prophecy.

The same is true for many others who've published and preached their own version of the end of the world. Few who read these things engage in studied evaluation and few of those are taken literally when they try to pass on what they've learned to the community - for free I might add.

One of the strangest things one may uncover in a serious study of end times prophecy is that Christian and Muslim eschatology's agree on virtually every point except one - the person and mission of Jesus Christ. Comparisons are chilling and considering the flow of current events very nearly frightening.

Confusing the intent of the words of the Holy Bible do not serve God's purpose and calling God a liar because one has limited brain power and motivation to study the Word of God does not limit its truth.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

sanhedrin

Aug 23, 2013
guysmith said:

With so many different interpretations of Bible Prophecy, is it possible that BP is designed as a parable, not meant for every believer to understand?

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith
The bible is so designed in such a way that when people get mixed up, they may be able to learn to come to the Lord Jesus Christ in His own ways of living and existence, seek and ask His help in enlightening their mind about the true meaning of passages in the bible, especially those in parables.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
guysmith said:

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith
Defnitely yes!

But it's not absolute, in that one confused can come out of confusion. The Bible believer and student will come to understand by doing it God's Way asking Him. Allow yourself to be swayed by men's fleshy thinking for one moment, and The Holy Spirit will begin to cut off understanding. I say this to those called and chosen. It is not for the unbeliever nor the profane (i.e., those who do it for self aggradizement or gain).

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
daq and retrobiter ..... when you guys make those hopelessly long posts and use words not common to the English language are you talking in parables or just plain riddles .... and what exactly are you trying to accomplish ??