Is Christ now only a spirt or still a resurrected man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the entire past has gone through ups and downs. We have uncovered the oldest city on record as having indoor plumbing and underground sewer. So, yes there have been both good and bad but nothing will be as bad as when our food supply and fresh water supply cannot support the population.
if you consider grocery store stuff "food" and that water fresh, then imo you maybe got more pressing issues anyway; i wouldn't worry about "when" too much iow, what about now lol...

um, the Q tho was "do you believe the recent past was better than today."

"but nothing will be as bad as when..." ya, might be too much even for God to handle i guess, huh? Better buy a gun just in case, better stockpile food, build a bomb shelter...a cannon might be nice...ahem

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So you believe Christ already came and did his part and then left allowing everything to decline back?
decline? you live inside a miracle. none of your forebearers would even believe the life you live in, past your grandfather. your great granny would surely think you were lying if you described your life. Working up, i would not characterize Christ as having left, as He is with us in spirit, "to the end of the age," and we are the Body of Christ, so what else do we need? ("It isn't what you hoped for, is it?")

see, what ppl want, me too, is for Jesus to come back all pissed off at evildoers and repossess His Body so we don't have to...do what body parts do, lol, and then put on that crown that Judas tried to manip Him into that He already refused, and doesn't want now. And yes, i know what the text says, but that is not what it means, i'm pretty sure.

so, picture the most privileged people on the planet, all convinced of some "decline" by the MSM, and all waiting for Jesus to come and save them, again. i guess. Personally i am having the time of my life right now, hopping around to various failed states and hanging out with Mennonites and other bearded anarchist types. :) turn off the news, you'll be fine lol

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stop selling it to Nestle lol, and privatizing it, andandand. Personally i have a cistern, and collect and filter rainwater, but that is illegal here, too though...

I also collect rain water but.....
The impact of water table loss is not just on having water to drink it is in our ability to keep crops producing enough to sustain an existing population and produce more as the population continues its rapid increase. You and I may have water to drink but having food is just as important so, those who don't have their own water will begin to look at where it is at and they will do what they must to get it.
Just as people ate their own children during sieges in history we are quickly approaching a time where we simply can't keep up with demand.

I notice you said it is illegal to collect rain water where you are... doesn't that seem a bit sever if the planet can sustain 70 billion?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
then you are not tied into the reality of starving peoples as well as the fresh water problems.
you're correct there, i pay all that no attention whatsoever. But i do know that starvation is at an all time low, and i know that water systems are being privatized and clowns like Nestle are sucking up the lion's share to sell back to us at a profit.

Reactions: KBCid and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Our population from 50 yrs ago was already depleting the water table which means we were already past a stable limit for the population verses water use.
it does no good to be for water conservation when all of your faucets are instant-on, K. I believe all of the problems you mention are self-inflicted.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
decline? you live inside a miracle. none of your forebearers would even believe the life you live in, past your grandfather. your great granny would surely think you were lying if you described your life. Working up, i would not characterize Christ as having left, as He is with us in spirit, "to the end of the age," and we are the Body of Christ, so what else do we need? ("It isn't what you hoped for, is it?")
so, picture the most privileged people on the planet, all convinced of some "decline" by the MSM, and all waiting for Jesus to come and save them, again. i guess. Personally i am having the time of my life right now, hopping around to various failed states and hanging out with Mennonites and other bearded anarchist types. :) turn off the news, you'll be fine lol

We indeed are living as kings.
You say we are the body of Christ do you have any way to prove that? Can you define who has the spirit and who has not? Remember the narrow gate?
Now government authorities making up stories to scare are real but you can't blame the government for the real life experiences of people across the globe who have to keep drilling their wells deeper to reach water. My own well dug in 1994 dried up in 2002 and I had it drilled deeper by 50' and in 2014 it was dry again. I don't need any government agency to tell me what I and millions worldwide are experiencing.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it does no good to be for water conservation when all of your faucets are instant-on, K. I believe all of the problems you mention are self-inflicted.

If that were true then your implication would be that the ground water my well taps into exists only under my own property

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm not clear enough on what connection we are even talking about--Sabbath to what, exactly
It's one of those important to God things that most people don't even give a second thought. If you have any interest then google the Sabbath day issue and that should take you on an interesting journey.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you're correct there, i pay all that no attention whatsoever. But i do know that starvation is at an all time low, and i know that water systems are being privatized and clowns like Nestle are sucking up the lion's share to sell back to us at a profit.

The numbers have changed since you last looked;
Dominique Burgeon, director of the emergency division at the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said latest studies showed 102 million people faced acute malnutrition - meaning they were on the brink of starvation - in 2016, up almost 30 percent from 80 million in 2015.
More than 100 million at risk of starvation globally: U.N. official

Hey its ONLY a hundred million people right? That is pretty low compared to say 20 billion people and a small relative percent is much more acceptable right?

I agree that big business is digging into the supply line however, that just backs my point. We have surpassed in population what the natural supplies can provide. We may be coasting along in a luxury liner at the moment just like the titanic.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
we are quickly approaching a time where we simply can't keep up with demand.
selfinflicted, selfinflicted, selfinflicted. and nature has a way of taking care of that, i guess.

the sky is always falling, somewhere. you are either on a wave, or in a trough. Stop trying to keep up with demand, is my advice. I let God worry about tomorrow myself lol not sure what i'm even eating tonight :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I notice you said it is illegal to collect rain water where you are... doesn't that seem a bit sever if the planet can sustain 70 billion?
well, i dint say it could, mind you, but no, it does not, bc i am aware that municipal water is a money making op, and they have the biggest dog too after all lol. The chlorine and fluoride are extra too, i guess. ha.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but you can't blame the government for the real life experiences of people across the globe who have to keep drilling their wells deeper to reach water.
sure i can. i don't build big humongous dams or frack, or engage in other water diversion schemes, and i don't give my money to those who do

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You say we are the body of Christ do you have any way to prove that? Can you define who has the spirit and who has not?
imo the two are not connected in the way that we imagine; wherein one might say "i am saved" or even worse "he/she is saved," (commending ourselves to each other). All that matters to God is your next inter/action. You are either conscious or you are not, to whatever is happening right now, right where you are. Your attention is "where" you are, and the kingdom is "right beside you" because it is a conscious choice, among other choices. Don't be deceived, little children; it is those who are doing right that are considered righteous.

Certainly i can define who has the Spirit and who doesn't, in the moment; which is all that matters. And you can, too, you already know what it looks like, there is a "quickening" in the room, the dogs get excited, little kids materialize and wander in to the center lol