Is Christ now only a spirt or still a resurrected man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I put this in a different thread...but maybe it should have been in this thread about the resurrection.

Most of understand that the Scriptures teach that the body in which Jesus was crucified was the same body that came out of the grave.
But regarding the body in which He now dwells, was that changed or transformed at His ascension into heaven? Or what.
If so, how do we know from scripture?

Was He glorified in His resurrected body,when He appeared to them and spoke to Thomas...that was not a 'flesh and blood body' we know.
Or during His entrance ( re-entrance) into Heaven?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I put this in a different thread...but maybe it should have been in this thread about the resurrection.

Most of understand that the Scriptures teach that the body in which Jesus was crucified was the same body that came out of the grave.
But regarding the body in which He now dwells, was that changed or transformed at His ascension into heaven? Or what.
If so, how do we know from scripture?

Was He glorified in His resurrected body,when He appeared to them and spoke to Thomas...that was not a 'flesh and blood body' we know.
Or during His entrance ( re-entrance) into Heaven?
Must admit, I have never thought to ask Him that........If we look at Mary seeing Jesus in the garden on the 3rd day, He is in a body, that much is clear. But we know that it states, that He spilled out His blood, which He collected up ( from what I understand, to put it on the mercy Seat in heaven ).
So either He was flesh and bone, but with Gods glory ( life ) rather then blood flowing through Him, or He somehow soaked His blood back up into His body, prior to going to the Father.
We have to remember that it was all about redeeming mankind, so with Jesus, Father now had direct communion with a Son of Man, sitting on a throne next to Him, so one would think that at least some of the time, it is a mans body He needs.
Doesn't it say something in the Bible that we will also have bodies like that one day? Resurrected bodies, not just spirits ?

Reactions: KBCid and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So either He was flesh and bone, but with Gods glory ( life ) rather then blood flowing through Him, or He somehow soaked His blood back up into His body, prior to going to the Father.
We have to remember that it was all about redeeming mankind, so with Jesus, Father now had direct communion with a Son of Man, sitting on a throne next to Him, so one would think that at least some of the time, it is a mans body He needs.
Doesn't it say something in the Bible that we will also have bodies like that one day? Resurrected bodies, not just spirits ?

Strange how we each picture things. :)
I have this image of Jesus, after He spoke to Mary in the Garden etc etc..
Taking , not His physical blood to the Father..but a golden bowl of His spiritual Blood. ( as a priest into the presence of Hid Father.)
The same powerful Blood that covers us now, washes us clean, and redeems us. The powerful blood of the Lamb that we sing about!!
I believe that once His literal blood was shed on the cross..it "changed" into the powerful, alive Blood of the Lamb.
I haven't by half got it all straight yet...but, something like that. :)

I don't think that we often picture Him as God revealed Him in 'The Book of Revelation of Jesus Christ.'
Rev 1 "
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
And His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and His voice as the sound of many waters."
That does not sound like the "traditional" Jesus that we hear about.
I've never heard of anyone ( except John here in REV.) say that they have seen that revelation of Jesus. That is not who the disciples saw and spoke to....this is the Risen Glorified Lord!!
So much 'food for thought' eh. :)

I must head for bed now and dwell upon that.
Bless you...H

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Risen Glorified Lord!!
So much 'food for thought' eh
For sure, as I said, I thought there were more ways for Him to be, I had actually read that once, about the bronze look and white woolly hair, but I have not seen Him that way.....
Yeah people don't often receive info on His blood, having no sin, still had the Life in it....So it could NOT have gone with Him into the realm of the dead, where He paid for the sin of mankind.
So much we have no idea of, that He accomplished, and I love that.....So much more to still find out about our beloved.
Have a wonderful sleep......Sent you an e-mail....Thanks for yours

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But regarding the body in which He now dwells, was that changed or transformed at His ascension into heaven? Or what. If so, how do we know from scripture?
Was He glorified in His resurrected body,when He appeared to them and spoke to Thomas...that was not a 'flesh and blood body' we know. Or during His entrance ( re-entrance) into Heaven?

The key to that understanding was given here;
John 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’”

Christ tells Mary plainly that he has not yet ascended and that he should not be touched because of that reason. He also tells her plainly to give a message to the brethren that he is going / ascending, then, on the same first day of the week at evening;

John 20:19 When it was evening on the first day of the week, Jesus’ followers were together. The doors were locked, because they were afraid of the elders. Then Jesus came and stood right in the middle of them and said, “Peace be with you.” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and his side. His followers were thrilled when they saw the Lord.
21 Then Jesus said again, “Peace be with you. As the Father sent me, I now send you.” 22 After he said this, he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

So, when Christ appears to the disciples in the evening he has already ascended to the father as he told Mary he was going to do and has returned. We know this in two ways. First is that he can give the holy spirit and second that he can now be touched thus, the ascension occurred on the first day of the week and Christ was already in his translated body and just as any angel can appear as a normal man without the bright light being emitted from their bodies so can Christ. When we will all see Christ in the resurrection he will still have the same resurrected body but it will be shown with the full radiance of his fathers glory.

Reactions: Helen