Is Drinking a sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have a clue what you are talking about. You are a child. Go somewhere that they want to discuss your feelings on a matter.
This is completely unnecessary and you earned yourself a warning and the thread is locked.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understood your meaning and thanks and it is well received.
It is a skill to think past your nose. A skill that people should acquire.
To think past your actions....the ramifications. It applies to so many things...good and bad.
It is kind of like a job...making a living. Sometimes we work so hard that we forget that it is for living. What good is the job if we do not have a life.
If we track the history of man-made sins, to some degree it is to prevent us from harm.
If we do not drink, it protects us from the dangers of alcohol.
If we do not smoke, it can protect us from health risks.
If we do not play board games and cards it can prevent us from gambling and financial ruin.
If we do not have a television, or radios, or phones it can protect us from the influence of the world.
If men do not associate with women, it prevents sexual impropriety.
If we are not will will to fight for what is right then we are playing it safe...the meek...right.
There are historical examples, some of most famous Christians...back in the day...separated themselves from a lot of this by living out their lives in the desert, in caves, in trees, and even towers. But by doing that they denied the world their fellowship and leadership. And of course they did not have families.

I live my life among all of this and I have a life, and I enjoy life. And along the way I live it in balance. It is important to engage life and do the right thing as you encounter life. The people that God puts in my life, in my path, I do right by them. It does not matter if it is in a bar or a church or along the highway. God did not make life for us to go hide in a closet. Separating ourselves from all of this prevents us from being an example of how to deal with life....to be the beacons....the candles. Sure we can remove these things from our life and in the long run it is safe for us....to thy own self be true is a Pagan philosophy. Sure as far as our inheritance to heaven...separate ourselves from all of it could make it a sure thing. But is it just looking out for ourselves? I am a freak of nature, intellect and brawn, I back off no challenge and live life to the fullest and engage all that I meet along the way. You can't do that by not letting life into your life. Walk with Christ and march off smartly.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Status
Not open for further replies.