Is God finished with Israel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gen 12 15 and 17 tells us that God gave a particular gift to one nation of people. Israel

Non of the NT passages you just posted has anythign to do with that promise

Once again, Show me where God made a provision that they had to be SAVED to recieve the land??
I was responding to the associated portion of your post 47. Apparently you already do not remember what it was.

Every NT passage that I posted is directly applicable, correcting your confusion regarding gifts and calling.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The point is, the "all Israel" is a future generation of Hebrews, living in the land of Palestine.
I would take that a step further. "All Israel" means every tribe of the 12 tribes of Israel in which there will be believing Jews after the Second Coming of Christ. And "Palestine" would be "Greater Israel" from the Nile to the Euphrates (perhaps 10 times the size of modern Israel). Israel and Jerusalem will be redeemed and restored and there is a huge number of prophecies speaking of that. But that is only after the Second Coming of Christ. So anyone denying this is simply ignorant.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thats what I thought.. You do not believe in Gods promises, your trying to save yourself. what part of not of works lest anyone should boast do you fail to comprehend?

Tell James.

James 2
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would take that a step further. "All Israel" means every tribe of the 12 tribes of Israel in which there will be believing Jews after the Second Coming of Christ. And "Palestine" would be "Greater Israel" from the Nile to the Euphrates (perhaps 10 times the size of modern Israel). Israel and Jerusalem will be redeemed and restored and there is a huge number of prophecies speaking of that. But that is only after the Second Coming of Christ. So anyone denying this is simply ignorant.
Paul has expressly explained who "all Israel" is in Romans 9:6-8.

It is not the racialized malinterpretation of modernist apostate df.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Jesus speaking about the generation alive when he spoke or the generation that will exist later when the prophecy is fulfilled?
Not that I have not already given the information, but do an online Bible search of the words "this generation" and you will see that Jesus spoke to that very generation and the people He then walked among. No, it was only unbelief that has lead many to believe that all He said would not "shortly take place" just as He said, for which they developed the false gospel now believed. But don't continue to believe it--in addition to strong delusion, all truth was also foretold.

Nothing remains unfulfilled except the times of the gentiles--even those days "as the days of Noah" are upon us even now.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quoted Genesis 17:12. Your spiritual undiscernment and racism prevent you from understanding it.
Dude I am not going to tell you again to stop falsly accusing me of being racist. Your the racist person.

You posted a part in Gen 17 which was AFTER God made the agreement,

You did not post where they were required to be SAVED in order to be given the land as in Gen 12 15 and 17

I'm pleased to see you said "if". Korah and his followers did not repent, and died. The multitude of Israelites who died of snakebite did not repent, and died. Multitudes of others did not repent, and died.
Yep they did.

But a multitude of unbelieving unrepentent jews lived in the land for 100's of years before they were cast out. Because it was theres..
They received all that God had promised. Joshua 21:43,45
God said forever.. Forever does not end..

Then again, you believe eternal life can end.. so I can see why you do not see it

Paul has repudiated df and its racist apostasy. "All Israel" is saved. "Of Israel" is lost. Faith and obedience are the sole and exclusive determinants.

ALL Israel is ALL Israel.

What it is NOT is saved gentiles.

read the passage. YOU ARE NOT ISREAL. even if your a saved Gentile

There is no jew (isreal) or gentile. we are one in christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why didn't Paul say that they would be saved? He must have been full of hate.

Hint: Spiritual DNA. Two genes.

You now know what they are.
He did say they would be saved after they repent. (rom 11) He also said he had love for them (romans 9)

Your the racist. hating on Israel.

God loved the whole world. including the lost of Israel. so much he died for them

He died for you too..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that I have not already given the information, but do an online Bible search of the words "this generation" and you will see that Jesus spoke to that very generation and the people He then walked among. No, it was only unbelief that has lead many to believe that all He said would not "shortly take place" just as He said, for which they developed the false gospel now believed. But don't continue to believe it--in addition to strong delusion, all truth was also foretold.

Nothing remains unfulfilled except the times of the gentiles--even those days "as the days of Noah" are upon us even now.
He spoke of THIS GENERATION in context of those who were alive when they witnessed the abomination of desolation did he not?

That act, and that generation. has not been here yet.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, the "all Israel" is a future generation of Hebrews, living in the land of Palestine.
No...but Israel has become "the dead in Christ" as many died before salvation came, but have proceeded "we who are alive and remain." Thus, it is written: "But many who are first will be last, and the last first."

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell James.

James 2
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I do not have to tell james anything

James spoke truth. What does it prophit a man if he CLAIM he has faith, but has no work. Can that faith save him?

No.

Why?

BECAUSE HE HAD A CLAIMED FAITH ONLY. Mere belief will not save anyone..

The jews had many works.. yet their works they depended to save them, which is why Paul said they were accursed. because they did like you are doing and added work to grace.

James spoke to a different group. The licentious. I believe in jesus, but I do not trust him. Those people do not have work. BECAUSE they did not have faith.

Faih works man Paul made this clear in Eph 2: 10

if we do not have works. we never had faith.

Can we be saved with no faith? no

those people in james never repented..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul has expressly explained who "all Israel" is in Romans 9:6-8.

It is not the racialized malinterpretation of modernist apostate df.
as far as salvation, this is true, there is no jew or gentile

in context of romans 11. Your wrong. All isreal is all the natural branches.. Not one gentile is part of All Israel.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He spoke of THIS GENERATION in context of those who were alive when they witnessed the abomination of desolation did he not?

That act, and that generation. has not been here yet.
Tell us then...what abomination is greater than the crucifixion of the Son of God? (Rhetorical)

I tell you--the abomination that makes desolation is fulfilled, for which Christ is called "the End." Therefore, He said, "See! Your house is left to you desolate."​

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not have to tell james anything

James spoke truth. What does it prophit a man if he CLAIM he has faith, but has no work. Can that faith save him?

No.

Why?

BECAUSE HE HAD A CLAIMED FAITH ONLY. Mere belief will not save anyone..

The jews had many works.. yet their works they depended to save them, which is why Paul said they were accursed. because they did like you are doing and added work to grace.

James spoke to a different group. The licentious. I believe in jesus, but I do not trust him. Those people do not have work. BECAUSE they did not have faith.

Faih works man Paul made this clear in Eph 2: 10

if we do not have works. we never had faith.

Can we be saved with no faith? no

those people in james never repented..

James 2:21

Abraham actually had faith; he did not claim to have faith without actually having faith.

Yet James cites him as justified by works.

Your argument is vacuous.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"All Israel" is grafted-in Jews and Gentiles.
Thats not true

Paul called the unnatural branches gentiles. Not Israel.

Romans 11: Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12 But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!

Their (israel sins) salvation has come to gentiles.. Their loss riches to gentiles. How much greater will THEIR inclusion be?

israel (lost) as apposed to gentile

Romans 11 is all about they vs you

They are isreal

You are gentile

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell us then...what abomination is greater than the crucifixion of the Son of God? (Rhetorical)

I tell you--the abomination that makes desolation is fulfilled, for which Christ is called "the End." Therefore, He said, "See! Your house is left to you desolate."​
An abomination of desolation is an unclean thing placed in a holy place.

Are you calling Christ unclean? And did he render the holy place unclean?

Yes, there house was left desolate.. Bit the holy place is not the whole house. it is a place inside the house.

Amd jesus said they would all witness this abomination of desolation. As it (he ) will be standing in the holy place.

That has never happened. To this day.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He did say they would be saved after they repent. (rom 11) He also said he had love for them (romans 9)

Your the racist. hating on Israel.

God loved the whole world. including the lost of Israel. so much he died for them

He died for you too..
God loves the whole world.

Will the whole world respond to His love and accept his Son?

Will the entire "of Israel" respond to His love and accept his Son?

Sadly, the answer is the same in both instances.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 2:21

Abraham actually had faith; he did not claim to have faith without actually having faith.

Yet James cites him as justified by works.

Your argument is vacuous.
So then James contradicted paul (romans 4)

Of course not. Abraham proved to himself that his faith was real.

James did nt tell us to be fruit inspectors he told those who claimed to have faith but had no works ot test their faith. Like abraham did.

If it is grace it is no longer of works. Otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Paul said in Titus 3, it is not by our works of righteousness which we have done, but by Gods mercy.

You have faith plus works. Thats a false gospel my friend. in fact in Gal 3. Paul calls you not only anathema for preaching a different gospel. But a fool for believing you begin in the spirit (faith) but must perfect in the flesh (works)

No wonder your afraid God may restore israel if they repent. You reject salvation by grace through faith not works.. You think we need to wrk for it.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God loves the whole world.

Will the whole world respond to His love and accept his Son?
The whole world was not given a promise like Israel was. So that is a non argument.

Will the entire "of Israel" respond to His love and accept his Son?
According to the OT prophets and paul himself. When the time of the3 gentil is fulfilled. All israel will be saved.

That means that they all repent. Whenever that may be

Sadly, the answer is the same in both instances.
Whatever.

Replacement theology is false as is works based gospel..

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But a multitude of unbelieving unrepentent jews lived in the land for 100's of years before they were cast out. Because it was theres..

It never was theirs.

Leviticus 25:23
The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with me.

Nor will it ever be theirs.

Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Christ is the Heir.

Israel is not.