Is God outside of time?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The beginning of Acts does not say that... As a matter of fact, if that was actually written in the scripture, you would have posted the chapter and verse...
Ahhhhh, here it is SoG in case you missed it ......Acts 1:6-10

6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

...and here is my statement you have questioned in post #135 ....
Is God outside of time?
He visited and promised to return.....with a human body!
Who of us can get their head around that?......does it redefine sacrifice?

They saw him go up as a human being and the angels who came to comfort them said the same would come back
......there, you have it on a plate!

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Ahhhhh, here it is SoG in case you missed it ......Acts 1:6-10

6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

...and here is my statement you have questioned in post #135 ....
Is God outside of time?
He visited and promised to return.....with a human body!
Who of us can get their head around that?......does it redefine sacrifice?

They saw him go up as a human being and the angels who came to comfort them said the same would come back
......there, you have it on a plate!
Jesus was a human. You seem to be confused between Jesus and his Father, God. Jesus ascended to his God...
John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
The passage does not show God coming as a man.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is that written in the scripture?
It's not there.

The "like manner" which was witnessed at Jesus's ascension, was not His old likeness, but His new likeness...that of the Father, whom is Spirit.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Close enough...but I'm over it. ;)
Close enough is not good enough... That is the same deception that the serpent used in the garden... I did not say the sun rotates around the earth, and you cannot quote me saying it. Be truthful.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
It's not there.

The "like manner" which was witnessed at Jesus's ascension, was not His old likeness, but His new likeness...that of the Father, whom is Spirit.
All I need to know is that you know and agree that it is not there...
So you would agree that Jesus was a man who died as a man, was resurrected as a man, and will return as a man.
Nothing in the scripture says the "like manner" was spirit... They saw Jesus ascending, you cannot see a spirit can you?
Acts 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Close enough is not good enough... That is the same deception that the serpent used in the garden... I did not say the sun rotates around the earth, and you cannot quote me saying it. Be truthful.
Okay.

I was being kind to say it was close, willing to let it go. But the truth is, and I quoted you--you criticized another for ignorance while you were the greatest offender, wrongly speaking of the sun's movement in the sky over the earth multiple times.

I quote you. It is written.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I need to know is that you know and agree that it is not there...
So you would agree that Jesus was a man who died as a man, was resurrected as a man, and will return as a man.
Nothing in the scripture says the "like manner" was spirit... They saw Jesus ascending, you cannot see a spirit can you?
Acts 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
You are correct until you say Jesus will return as a man, as if in the flesh.

They did not see a spirit, they saw He who was manifest in the flesh return again to God whom is spirit. He does not return in the flesh, but returns to those who are His body, who eat of it.

The error, as most have also done, is not fully believing that "God is spirit", as it is written.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Okay.

I was being kind to say it was close, willing to let it go.
You were being evasive to say it was close.
But the truth is, and I quoted you--you criticized another for ignorance while you were the greatest offender, wrongly speaking of the sun's movement in the sky over the earth multiple times.
Where did I wrongly speak of the sun's movement?
Psalm 19
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it:
and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

I quote you. It is written.
You did not quote me saying the sun rotates over the earth at any time. According to Ps 19 the sun makes a circuit in the firmament. The firmament is above the earth, so you can make your own conclusions but don't say you are quoting me.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
You are correct until you say Jesus will return as a man, as if in the flesh.
The scripture is correct, I am simply saying what the scripture says.
They did not see a spirit, they saw He who was manifest in the flesh return again to God whom is spirit. He does not return in the flesh, but returns to those who are His body, who eat of it.
The scripture says he will return in the same manner. You can twist it as much as you want, that is up to you.
The error, as most have also done, is not fully believing that "God is spirit", as it is written.
God is a spirit and Jesus is a man mediating between God and men. You are speaking with a forked tongue...you said they did not see a spirit...now you are trying to present Jesus as a spirit.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were being evasive to say it was close.

Where did I wrongly speak of the sun's movement?
Psalm 19
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it:
and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

You did not quote me saying the sun rotates over the earth at any time. According to Ps 19 the sun makes a circuit in the firmament. The firmament is above the earth, so you can make your own conclusions but don't say you are quoting me.
I will not continue to defend what I have already quoted. Quoted you. You have done this to yourself.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture is correct, I am simply saying what the scripture says.
The scripture says he will return in the same manner. You can twist it as much as you want, that is up to you.
God is a spirit and Jesus is a man mediating between God and men. You are speaking with a forked tongue...you said they did not see a spirit...now you are trying to present Jesus as a spirit.
It is you who are "forked" and "twisted" in your thinking--which is completely understandable: That is exactly how these things have been presented to the world.

The problem is, those who are His, those born of the spirit of God, those who hear His voice...are suppose to spiritually discern between what is of the world, what is flesh and blood, and that which is of God and spirit, as He is spirit--and "rightly divided" them accordingly. This you have not done. But again--it's not you--these things were to lay in slumber until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled. Believe what you want--but "all truth" is the correct order of these times...and you are not have been missing it unfold. Untwist.

And if I did not say what is true, untwisting what you have believed in error, the stones would cry out.

Believe what you will.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
It is you who are "forked" and "twisted" in your thinking--which is completely understandable: That is exactly how these things have been presented to the world.
Go read post3134 again I did not mention earth...
The problem is, those who are His, those born of the spirit of God, those who hear His voice...are suppose to spiritually discern between what is of the world, what is flesh and blood, and that which is of God and spirit, as He is spirit--and "rightly divided" them accordingly. This you have not done. But again--it's not you--these things were to lay in slumber until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled. Believe what you want--but "all truth" is the correct order of these times...and you are not have been missing it unfold. Untwist.
your lying is the problem sir...

And if I did not say what is true, untwisting what you have believed in error, the stones would cry out.

Believe what you will.
If you are saying what is true then you would say, you did not quote me saying the sun rotates around the earth. I posted the scripture showing you the sun rotates in the firmament... I can post the scripture showing there is water above the firmament...believe what you will.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go read post3134 again I did not mention earth...
your lying is the problem sir...

If you are saying what is true then you would say, you did not quote me saying the sun rotates around the earth. I posted the scripture showing you the sun rotates in the firmament... I can post the scripture showing there is water above the firmament...believe what you will.
Squirm, squirm.

It's all in writing.