Is God outside of time?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what did you mean by "close enough" in post #145?
Your words seemed to fall right into using the sun traveling across the sky (as if the sun were rotating, rather than the earth, etc.), but at the same time criticizing that same idea.

Which, like I said, is an honest mistake... So my first comment was actually poking fun at the exchange, so we could take a breath and consider the real issues of time vs. eternity...the terms of this world vs. the kingdom of God.

This topic is right up my alley, but I came in late and found an exchange which did not seem to be efficient or edifying. I was hoping to get back to the original question of the thread. Instead, just more mud.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Your words seemed to fall right into using the sun traveling across the sky (as if the sun were rotating, rather than the earth, etc.), but at the same time criticizing that same idea.
Actually the bible says the sun makes a circuit...Psalm 19
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it:
and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
Which, like I said, is an honest mistake... So my first comment was actually poking fun at the exchange, so we could take a breath and consider the real issues of time vs. eternity...the terms of this world vs. the kingdom of God.
A mistake where you are insisting I meant something that I did not write... Now here you are suggesting that the earth is rotating instead of the sun which the scripture says makes a circuit.
And there is no spinning ball here...
Genesis 1:9
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
This topic is right up my alley, but I came in late and found an exchange which did not seem to be efficient or edifying. I was hoping to get back to the original question of the thread. Instead, just more mud.
Who cares that you haven't added anything efficient or edifying just more mud? The sun's rotation is what we use to measure time. You can actually see the sun move across the sky can you not?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the bible says the sun makes a circuit...Psalm 19
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it:
and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
A mistake where you are insisting I meant something that I did not write... Now here you are suggesting that the earth is rotating instead of the sun which the scripture says makes a circuit.
And there is no spinning ball here...
Genesis 1:9
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

Who cares that you haven't added anything efficient or edifying just more mud? The sun's rotation is what we use to measure time. You can actually see the sun move across the sky can you not?
How ironic you made such a fuss over it.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea that God does not change is in the context of his relationship with mankind. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end of all creation but not the beginning and the end of himself. Time is relative to created things and not to the creator.

Blessings!!!
What is interesting is the Incarnation allows God to be both in time and outside of time since Jesus is forever the God-man fully God ( Omni all ) and fully man ( like us but without sin ). Just something for us to ponder.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
What is interesting is the Incarnation allows God to be both in time and outside of time since Jesus is forever the God-man fully God ( Omni all ) and fully man ( like us but without sin ). Just something for us to ponder.
What is interesting is your comments are not supported by any scripture reference...No mention of incarnation in the scripture...no mention of Jesus being the God-man fully God ( Omni all ) and fully man.
1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

When you speak you should speak what the apostles spoke, not what others conjure. Let us ponder on what the apostles wrote...

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is interesting is your comments are not supported by any scripture reference...No mention of incarnation in the scripture...no mention of Jesus being the God-man fully God ( Omni all ) and fully man.
1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

When you speak you should speak what the apostles spoke, not what others conjure. Let us ponder on what the apostles wrote...
Ok thanks so you are not a trinitarian either. Gotcha

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So what? There is no mention of a trinity in the scripture. Therefore, your community's affirmation is outside of the teachings of the apostles and Jesus.

Then why bother trying to convince the majority group, who are Trinity believers on CyB when you are obviously wrong......Your wasting your time.o_O

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what? There is no mention of a trinity in the scripture. Therefore, your community's affirmation is outside of the teachings of the apostles and Jesus.
Hello SoG and welcome..adding to your conversation...

Trinitarians in my experience view the nature of God, the Father, and his own intrinsic holy and divine Spirit, and his human born Son, quite differently from what is written in scripture. They combine the two natures into one exterior god with 3 internal gods (the Holy Spirt is counted as another 3rd god). It is a human-faced, limited understanding view of the nature of the Father, his Spirit and his Son - born and revised and matured out of paganism over 300 years. I just hope that when salvation is offered to them they do wake up and realize that their model is only made by human minds and hands, an idol. That it is the Son (Yahshua/Jesus) of his Father, the one God, who is their Lord and Saviour and not a 3-personality god that is their Lord. How can one be saved if one elevates the Son equal to the Father as their same god in their confession of faith to salvation?

Reactions: Saint of God

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hello SoG and welcome..adding to your conversation...

Trinitarians in my experience view the nature of God, the Father, and his own intrinsic holy and divine Spirit, and his human born Son, quite differently from what is written in scripture. They combine the two natures into one exterior god with 3 internal gods (the Holy Spirt is counted as another 3rd god). It is a human-faced, limited understanding view of the nature of the Father, his Spirit and his Son - born and revised and matured out of paganism over 300 years. I just hope that when salvation is offered to them they do wake up and realize that their model is only made by human minds and hands, an idol. That it is the Son (Yahshua/Jesus) of his Father, the one God, who is their Lord and Saviour and not a 3-personality god that is their Lord. How can one be saved if one elevates the Son equal to the Father as their same god in their confession of faith to salvation?
Of course that is your opinion dear @APAK and you are certainly intitled to it. Bless you xox

Reactions: APAK

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Then why bother trying to convince the majority group, who are Trinity believers on CyB
I am not trying to convince anyone of anything...I am simply exposing false doctrine... According to Jesus, the majority group goes to eternal damnation.
when you are obviously wrong
Wrong about what? this is what I wrote...There is no mention of a trinity in the scripture. Therefore, your community's affirmation is outside of the teachings of the apostles and Jesus.
In order for me to be wrong, you must first show where "trinity" is mentioned in the scripture

......Your wasting your time.o_O
Not in the eyes of God...When one person turn front your false doctrine, the angels rejoice in heaven.

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my opinion. And I have no scripture to back this up, but this is something I have thought of myself. Maybe the Father is outside of time, while Jesus was the Human form of God on earth, and the holy spirit is the presence of god in time. Something I've chewed on and pondered.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Either he must always be creating or never create, if he doesn't change, he can't go from one to another.

Hi Lux,

You are assuming God is bound by time. If time is God's creation then He is ever creator for time is a function of the creation.. And bound by Him!

What is 'before' if there is no time?

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my opinion. And I have no scripture to back this up, but this is something I have thought of myself. Maybe the Father is outside of time, while Jesus was the Human form of God on earth, and the holy spirit is the presence of god in time. Something I've chewed on and pondered.
If you want to study...
Man A Triune Being - Duane Sheriff Ministries

I struggled with understanding it myself not too long ago until I prayed and asked God to open my eyes to see....and He told me you are also a triune being...you are body, soul/mind and spirit....
Does scripture speak of My Word is a powerful sword?
“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
— Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)
And what does My Sword do?
Divides asunder your soul and spirit...your joints and marrow....
So He showed me that I am a triune being because I am made in His image and He is a Triune God.