Is God outside of time?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does scripture say God could change the past if he wanted to? These are the kinds of lies that creep into the church and cause divisions among believers. There is no such teaching in the scripture.

That is just amplifying your lies. Do you have any scripture to back up your lies?
Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I cut you?
God already had people write how his creation runs...
9 Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. 10 Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. 11 But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:9-11

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
So it may not be changing the fact that he died...

Therefore your claim is false.He did not change the past
but, even so, should we limit God by saying He cannot do something because we cannot do it and/or because we cannot conceive of the possibility?
Another false claim. You are assuming that someone said God could not do something. You are the one making the claim that God changed the past and provided bogus support.

Is not God limited by His own Word? Using the authority He gave to us, do we not limit Him when we choose our way instead of His?
This argument has nothing to do with time or God changing the past. You were using out of context passages to support your false claims. Now you're using illogical reasoning.

"...And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27
This passage has nothing to do with time or God changing the past. It has everything to do with you using out-of-context passages to support your false claims... Can God lie?
Hebrews 6:18
That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
9 Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. 10 Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. 11 But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:9-11
seems like you are trying to say I hate someone. Be an adult and make your claim. don't hide behind scripture verses.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
I noticed that you skipped the first day in your post.
My reference had to do with water above the earth.
That's because there was no time before the first day.
There was no sun and there was no man...

Tell me is the earth flat and square because scripture refers to its corners? Or are the stars all smaller than the sun?
The scripture does not refer to it as a ball, does it?
Genesis 1:16
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
No mention of sizes...

If you're Christian why don't you love Jesus Christ and keep His commandments?
God did not call me to be a christian. Did God call you to be a christian? I love Jesus and I keep his commandments...Please show me where God or Jesus called you or commanded you to be a christian in the scripture.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore your claim is false.He did not change the past

Another false claim. You are assuming that someone said God could not do something. You are the one making the claim that God changed the past and provided bogus support.

This argument has nothing to do with time or God changing the past. You were using out of context passages to support your false claims. Now you're using illogical reasoning.

This passage has nothing to do with time or God changing the past. It has everything to do with you using out-of-context passages to support your false claims... Can God lie?
Hebrews 6:18
That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
Do you have any real friends among those with whom you disagree?

Do you always have all of the correct answers to every question so that anyone who might disagree must be wrong?

You seem to have no need or desire to discuss. So, I leave to your own inclinations.

Communication or the lack thereof!

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Do you have any real friends among those with whom you disagree?
I did not join this forum to make friends
Do you always have all of the correct answers to every question so that anyone who might disagree must be wrong?
The scripture has all the correct answers...
You seem to have no need or desire to discuss. So, I leave to your own inclinations.

Communication or the lack thereof!
You are the one leaving the discussion. Therefore, you are the one who has no need or desire to discuss.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not join this forum to make friends

Did come to teach and to learn or only the former?
The scripture has all the correct answers...
The scripture certainly contains all of the answers from God that a man may need in his course here, but without the lead of the Holy Spirit what can he understand of what he reads?
You are the one leaving the discussion. Therefore, you are the one who has no need or desire to discuss.
Correction...I am not leaving a discussion, but a lecture. There is a difference, but communication is often a problem among men.

I admittedly do not have all of God's answers even though I talk with Him and study my Bibles daily. He still has things left to teach me. Long ago I learned to go back regularly to the lowest room and allow God to lift me up if it was His will to do so. Sometimes He uses other men to do it.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Did come to teach and to learn or only the former?
Both... how about you?
The scripture certainly contains all of the answers from God that a man may need in his course here, but without the lead of the Holy Spirit what can he understand of what he reads?
based on what are you claiming, any person is without the HS?

Correction...I am not leaving a discussion, but a lecture. There is a difference, but communication is often a problem among men.
since you are saying that I am lecturing then you must also agree that your posts are being reprove
I admittedly do not have all of God's answers even though I talk with Him and study my Bibles daily. He still has things left to teach me. Long ago I learned to go back regularly to the lowest room and allow God to lift me up if it was His will to do so. Sometimes He uses other men to do it.
Am I not another man?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both... how about you?
based on what are you claiming, any person is without the HS?

since you are saying that I am lecturing then you must also agree that your posts are being reprove

Am I not another man?
Love the truth! What should we do?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your pun is intended to assume that someone said the sun is revolving around the earth, If someone did say that, then ask that person
It's an honest mistake ;)
Time is measured by the sun's movement.

All time is, is the sun revolving around the earth.

The sun moves in the sky.

Time is the name given to the divided segments from the movement of the sun,

The movement of the sun is what men use to quantify time.

God created the sun... we assume time from the movement of the sun.

This is just foolishness. a year is a measurement of a number of days which is a measurement of the rotation of the sun...

Time is a concept we use to measure the rotation of the sun.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is God outside of time?
He visited and promised to return.....with a human body!
Who of us can get their head around that?......d
oes it redefine sacrifice?