Is it a sin for a Christian to vote for a Democrat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister that is human nature....he never threw the first "punch" but he did punch back....and that is how some people are.
If he was to ignore everything people said about him without opposing any of it then he would be labeled as a weak person.
I admit to you, all members on this forum and the world that if you call me ""stupid" (I hate that with a passion) then you're going to experience my wrath and it isn't pretty.
Then I have to pray and repent, ask forgiveness and humble myself to apologize to the person who attacked me personally.
Look at how many members here call other members names and it goes back and forth until a moderator steps in.
You have to apply the same standards to everyone...and a president is no different.

Reactions: Ziggy and historyb

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then came the word - who proceeded from the Father - "The Logos" - the emissary between Man and God .. distinct from The Father .. as is the Holy Spirit who also proceeds from the father (and not the son as per Filioque)

The Logos is "the Word" The word of God made flesh .. The Logos spoke the word of God through the Holy Spirit that dwelt within him. Jesus is then distinct from and subordinate to the Father .. but united in Spirit. 3 distinct personages .. united in spirit.

I have a simple mind, I try to keep things simple. I haven't had much education as far as the world goes. My vocabulary is somewhere between 6th and 8th grade when it comes to certain words I always have to look up the meanings like the "to be or not to be" that I assume "folioque" means?
I haven't studied Greek or Hebrew. I have blueletterbible.org that translates for me. And I'm good with that.
I reread your post a couple times and it all sounds reasonable until the end.

I don't hold any particular doctrine like Trinity or Once Saved Always Saved, because there are debates to have on both sides.
I've checked them out and found myself on both sides.
I guess you could say I don't necessarily lean to the right or the left of any issue. I sort of stay on the middle road. It's hard to walk there because you get slammed by both sides. Thats why I think Jesus calls it "strait" and not like an arrow, but rather meaning diffuclt.
He was in a strait between a rock and a hard place.

I think all scripture is written for the individual who reads it. The Word speaks to me this way or to you that way.
That the message is unique to the eye that sees and the ear that hears.
I hear Paul saying, when each of you have something to share, share it, but interpret what you mean by saying it.
Don't just put it out there and walk away. Because your understanding may be different to another.
And by sharing our individual interpretations, it adds another piece to the grand puzzle of life.
Like when a preacher gives a sermon, it may touch some but not all. Different words mean different things to different people.

Moses has his parishioners sitting in a field. Reads the law to them. Asks, do you understand what I just said?
Yup. and off they go each one understanding what they heard in their own way.
But it sounded agreeable. There wasn't anything said that raised red flags and made them say, hold up a minute, what?
That comes later at the dinner table when mom and dad are discussing what they heard and dad says this is what was said, and mom says well honey, I heard it this way. Politics over dinner causes indigestion.
And it doesn't seem to matter who tries to break it down into terms that everyone can agree with.
Prophets are killed, Kings are slain, others are just heckled and harrassed.

There is no Universal language.
Maybe language isn't the word I'm looking for.
There is no Universal agreement on any one interpretation.
I watch conversations in forums in chat rooms.
This is this. No it's not it's that. Nope it says this and this is what it means because I said so.
Instead of trying to reason or understand how the other sees or hears, they disengage and go somewhere where people
think the way they do and they feel more comfortable.
But after awhile even that group will have disagreements until your left with your own thoughts all alone.

The waskily serpent in the garden made a statement that is so true today.
And ye shall be as gods knowing good and evil.
Thinking clash of the titans,
Each one believing that their interpretation is the one and only truth.
I have a mind of my own and thats why I don't agree with everything you think.

So trying to get back to the original discussion of where does life begin.
And when should it be ok to terminate it.
What is the mind?
Where do thoughts begin and end?
What makes my thoughts different from your thoughts?
And did God have this in mind when he created us?

And if we terminate a mind in the making, what kind of interpretations or insights are we losing?
I think any decision one makes should be thought about long and hard.
It's not just the body that's being denied but the very essence of God given thoughts.

Hugs

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HUH! Biden is apparently claiming Union Endorsements which NEVER WERE GIVEN, and in fact WENT TO TRUMP:

I think I'll stick with the Pennsylvania Boilermakers Local #154, (along with the Connecticut #237, and New Jersey Local #28) to vote for TRUMP! :)

... and these are the ONLY "Boilermaker Locals" in these states, so maybe Biden misspoke. Senility is a terrible thing, -- poor guy.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister that is human nature....he never threw the first "punch" but he did punch back....and that is how some people are.
If he was to ignore everything people said about him without opposing any of it then he would be labeled as a weak person.
I admit to you, all members on this forum and the world that if you call me ""stupid" (I hate that with a passion) then you're going to experience my wrath and it isn't pretty.
Then I have to pray and repent, ask forgiveness and humble myself to apologize to the person who attacked me personally.
Look at how many members here call other members names and it goes back and forth until a moderator steps in.
You have to apply the same standards to everyone...and a president is no different.

Yeah, -- what she said x2. :eek:

With My VERY BEST Regards! :D
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... there can't be an honest discussion about Trump's immoral and unethical behavior ...

Sorry, I guess I was busy reading about Hunter selling out the United States for cash under the auspicious of his Vice President father (and also Presidential Candidate) , and funneling the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS of Chinese, Russian, and Ukranian proceeds into the Biden Family bank account.

-- So now what were you saying ?!? --
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Ziggy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect, I think this is the reason why there can't be a reasonable discussion about Trump's unchristian behavior with his supporters. It's either more excuses or outright denial from them. I'm not surprised by your reply because it's what I've come to expect from his supporters.
Oy Vey...
Look...all I know is if you are offended by this man then take it to Him in prayer and pray for him! That is what scripture says to do.
But to publicly gossip about him does NOT please God in any way.
I am done with this discussion.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oy Vey...

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - President Theodore Roosevelt (quote source)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - President Theodore Roosevelt (quote source)
You are exaggerating. I said that I would like to discuss the issues, but that’s been almost impossible with the endless personal attacks against Trump.

Reactions: historyb

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could provide you with an video of BLM protesters chanting F*** you Jesus, but I do not think the mods would permit it and probably rightly so....but you can find it.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are exaggerating. I said that I would like to discuss the issues, but that’s been almost impossible with the endless personal attacks against Trump.
Sister I would bow out of this thread...you know what scripture says about this. I will PM you.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could provide you with an video of BLM protesters chanting F*** you Jesus, but I do not think the mods would permit it and probably rightly so....but you can find it.
Yes, please don't...lol. Thanks!:D

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what is behind your criticism of the President? Is it a veiled effort to camouflage or counter the moral values of Christianity and or the Republican party. Some call that a snake in the grass. I have given you and giuliano a set of simple moral questions that you both refused to answer...refused to show your true colors. It is more than just not liking Trump. Between the things you say and fact that you do not criticize the Democrat party for their over top pursuit of their evil agenda, it is clear that your moral compass is leaning toward the deviant side of ethics. Would you like the questions again?

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here's an AMAZING study of the "Abraham Lincoln" topic which I think MOST people INCLUDING ME missed from last night's debate.

Now I've seen Biden get "lost" before, but I would have guessed that he had been "boosted" so that he could keep his train of though. -- Apparently not, or NOT ENOUGH:

Maybe he's failing faster than we thought. -- Poor guy, SENILITY is a terrible condition.
Bobby Jo

PS I don't believe the "contact-lense" theory. My mother died from alzheimer's and this was one of the early symptoms.

Last edited:

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I know is if you are offended by Biden and other Democrats, then take it to God in prayer and pray for them. That is what scripture says to do, but to publicly gossip about them and to call them demonrats, baby murderers and children of Satan does not please God in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I know is if you are offended by Biden and other Democrats, then take it to God in prayer and pray for them. That is what scripture says to do, but to publicly gossip about them and to call them demonrats, baby murderers and children of Satan does not please God in any way.
This is exactly what I do...I have already stated in this thread that I pray and seek His Will on the issues of our government.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can understand why you would object to anyone standing up for morals. I can understand the anything goes and Christians should mind their own business thing. I can understand why you think God would not object to murdering babies, drug use and sexual deviance. But you are wrong! The Apostle Paul pulled no punches when describing were this kind is going and where they are not going. No you would not take a stand against evil or even recognize it as evil. Again, would like the questions again.

Status
Not open for further replies.