Is it a sin for a Christian to vote for a Democrat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha, I got another robocall today urging me to vote. They said according to their records, I hadn't voted yet. Way to go, RNC -- spy on me and think I'll like it. I even had a robocall from Donald Junior a week or so ago urging me to vote by mail. I listened to that one in full just for laughs.

The article from Politico had some interesting information about new voters and low-frequency voters. Thanks.

What I don't understand is why Trump encouraged unauthorized people to try to be poll watchers. If there is trouble on election day because of disruptions, it will hurt Republicans who show a preference for voting in person. Trump needs a strong turnout by Republican voters on election day if he wants to carry key swing states. That really helped him in 2016. Democrats were so sure Hillary was going to win, a lot of them sat at home while the Trump campaign run by Kellyanne Conway knew the value of getting people to get out the vote.

I hope the political tide continues to rapidly turn against Trump and he is defeated in the election.

The Lincoln Project

Republicans Voting Against Trump

Finally, Christians are turning against Donald Trump

'Record-breaking group' of faith leaders endorses Biden

Evangelical Vote, Once Solid For Trump, Shows Fractures

We are evangelical Christians not voting for Donald Trump this time

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone been watching the Rally's?
I watch Rightside Broadcasting Network on You Tube
They start the Live 3-4 hours before the rally begins and they walk up and down the crowds of people coming in and do interviews with people.
They pan the crowd, When Trump says, turn the cameras, turn the cameras, RSBN does.
The crowds are huge, everywhere he goes.
There are car parades and boat parades and people holding rallies in parking lots and street corners, all over the USA.
The media won't show you that. I watch as many as I can. There so many.
And then there's Biden.....
Even Obama had a rally the other day and maybe 300 people showed.
C'mon man...
November 3rd we're hitting the voting booths.
It's gonna be a Red Wave.. tsunami.
I'm just saying what I've witnessed live on YT.
And I believe the people are real that I see.
If not, I just give up watching and stay here permanently.
:)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing Republican about the Lincoln Project.
Nothing.
C-Span has them on a lot during Washington Journal in the morning.
I watch that everyday.
The Lincoln Project,
They are Fake News.

Reactions: historyb

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how to interpret some of those things. I get the feeling that some of the faith leaders are abandoning Trump after they perceived he's probably going to lose while others were against him before but felt afraid to speak up until now. It leaves me scratching my head.

The polls haven't changed that much in the past five months. Here's a link to a chart of the national figures for the four way race.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden vs. Jorgensen vs. Hawkins

I was a little dazed why it took John Piper so long to speak his mind. I think he's considered rather influential in some quarters. When he did, he said it was overdue; and later he said he wouldn't be voting for either Trump or Biden.

Story here: John Piper warns Trump's 'deadly' behavior will lead to 'destruction' in blistering post

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new thing is about extending voting....I am on board....I think they should extend in person voting too.....let's say November 15th, 2050.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone been watching the Rally's?
I watch Rightside Broadcasting Network on You Tube
They start the Live 3-4 hours before the rally begins and they walk up and down the crowds of people coming in and do interviews with people.
They pan the crowd, When Trump says, turn the cameras, turn the cameras, RSBN does.
The crowds are huge, everywhere he goes.
There are car parades and boat parades and people holding rallies in parking lots and street corners, all over the USA.
The media won't show you that. I watch as many as I can. There so many.
And then there's Biden.....
Even Obama had a rally the other day and maybe 300 people showed.
C'mon man...
November 3rd we're hitting the voting booths.
It's gonna be a Red Wave.. tsunami.
I'm just saying what I've witnessed live on YT.
And I believe the people are real that I see.
If not, I just give up watching and stay here permanently.
:)
Well well well I am going to have to try to find that!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know who is voting for Trump?
The publicans and sinners.

Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

John... Donald John Trump

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Put this in your like column,,
I have added it to my favorites. Looks like I can review some the older rallies.
I like his rallies...so upbeat and good music

His rallies aren't sensible though in times of a global pandemic, in every single one of his rallies, where is the social distancing?

Numbers of new daily Coronavirus cases in the USA are sky high. It looks like they just hit a record today with over 85,000 new covid cases. Australia is expecting to not allow flights to the USA until at least late 2021, because the risk is so high of catching covid-19 in the US.

Screenshot_2020-10-25-12-52-32-15.png

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cases do NOT mean deaths, They mean Cases.
99% of those cases are recoveries.
Deaths recorded are with elderly or those with severe pre-existing conditions.
Let's talk about social distancing:
Have you seen the protests???

CLICK where it says WATCH ON YOU TUBE
This is LIVE NOW

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cases do NOT mean deaths, They mean Cases.
99% of those cases are recoveries.
Deaths recorded are with elderly or those with severe pre-existing conditions.
Let's talk about social distancing:
Have you seen the protests???

CLICK where it says WATCH ON YOU TUBE
This is LIVE NOW

They should social distance in those protests too, 224,000 deaths in the USA to Covid-19 is no laughing matter.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They should social distance in those protests too, 224,000 deaths in the USA to Covid-19 is no laughing matter.

As pro-lifers we should be for anything that will keep others safe from the deadly virus, that includes keeping the elderly safe.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If we compare the protestors to Trump rallies, even though there is little or no social distancing, you will find that there are a lot more maskes in protests than Trump rallies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how long ago was it that you watched CNN and found out they were editing Trump unfairly?
I don't know...and you know how I fact check things. I don't trust the media...and I certainly don't trust these links that everyone keeps supplying. It's pretty obvious they went to google search and just started copying and pasting links...picking from the headlines without reading the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.