Is it a sin to use contraception?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You really haven't said anything, so I am not concerned with judging the acceptability of 'nothing'.

Well i did say that the mention of such acts would probably have me banned from the forum, so....
U accept things on the grounds that the bible doesn't condemn it. I think this already answers my question anyway

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then help me understand please, the stance seems to be we don't support birth control because of what we see in the old testament I the case of Onan, but the weightier matter is overlooked?

I don't know what u mean by "the weightier matter"

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can u please be more clear instead of being cryptic cos i still don't know what u mean
I don't see how it can be any clearer, in the gospel of mark there's a passage of a widow woman who cast money into the treasury, what's your take on the widow woman that cast in all her living?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well thank you for explaining that to me. I confess I was lead astray by reading Scripture, which says that God was still making people from clay in Job's time:

“Behold, I belong to God like you;
I too have been formed out of the clay."
“The Spirit of God has made me,
"the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33

"Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
For as long as life is in me,
And the breath of God is in my nostrils" Job 27

And this again confirmed by Solomon (He wrote Ecclesiastes)
"Man's body returns to the dust from whence it came; And the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

What am I missing here??

>>It's really unbelievable that a person your age can be as Scripturally-bankrupt as you are . .

Yes! I confess! According to your religion, I am probably ignorant for following Scripture instead of some human replacement for God. So be merciful to me in my ignorance, because unlike you, I rely solely upon Scripture, which is the primary difference between you and I: I have read the Bible, while you very obviously haven't. I am sure God has a very special place prepared for you.
This is a perfect example of your total inability to discern allegorical Scriptural language from literal Scriptural language.
Job wasn't made of "clay". He came from his mother's womb like everybody else after Adam and Eve.

You're not Scripturally-bankrupt because you can READ Scripture. A 2nd-grader can READ Scripture.
You're Scripturally-bankrupt because you don't understand Scripture - and you pervert its meaning in the depths of your ignorance.

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't see how it can be any clearer, in the gospel of mark there's a passage of a widow woman who cast money into the treasury, what's your take on the widow woman that cast in all her living?

U may be overestimating my knowledge of scripture I think.
I began this thread to learn what other Christians thought about contraception.
What is your opinion on contraception?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
U may be overestimating my knowledge of scripture I think.
I began this thread to learn what other Christians thought about contraception.
What is your opinion on contraception?
I believe God wants for you to see what the story of Onan is truly about, and it is revealed in the new testament.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Waiting on him Anyway, if ppl in local churches today - not organized on an OT Jewish basis - were to start to practise 'the duty of an husband's brother', it would be weird and dispensationally aberrant.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excerpted from: Abarim Publications' Biblical Dictionary

און
The verb און ('wn) appears to mean to experience a lot, to be subject to much. It doesn't occur in the Bible but in cognate languages it's either negative and means to be tired and troubled, or it's positive and means to be at rest and enjoy a life of plenty.

Nouns און ('awen) and תאנים (te'unim) are of the first category, and mean trouble, sorrow or toil. Noun און ('on) is of the second and describes an surplus of vigor or wealth and specifically of reproductive powers.