Is it Biblical to cry and get upset?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AND .....y'er skeer'd of emotions and tough life situations that you can't relate to. ;)

Oh! So you snuck this in on me when I wasn't looking, aye? Lol.

I ain't "skeer'd" O' nuttin, Sis-Ta. I just can't handle hearing all the nightmares you have to go through without eventually blowing a gasket at some point, and taking a pair of brass knuckles to the first poor hapless soul who gets in my way, Lol.

Mind your own business. Sorry I brought it up, Lol.

d463gyf-00d7afcf-c303-46fc-abeb-1e728d758c31.jpg

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hadn't noticed?! That's even more admirable, Lol. :p

I notice, cuz sometimes I have to correct people and then come off like a total dictator, Lol. If I spent my days talking to people like you, maybe I'd be the most likable guy on this forum.

(Ok, maybe not, but it's at least fun to dream, Lol).

I apply Phililpians 4:8 to these forums.

When posts are lovely, edifying, true, or of good report, I focus on those posts rather than threads where there's bound to be bad blood.

There are some lovely people on here. Its good to focus on good posts.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh! So you snuck this in on me when I wasn't looking, aye? Lol.

I ain't "skeer'd" O' nuttin, Sis-Ta. I just can't handle hearing all the nightmares you have to go through without eventually blowing a gasket at some point, and taking a pair of brass knuckles to the first poor hapless soul who gets in my way, Lol.

Mind your own business. Sorry I brought it up, Lol.

d463gyf-00d7afcf-c303-46fc-abeb-1e728d758c31.jpg
(Kinda....lol)

I can accept that part in the 2nd paragraph. Would you mind following through on that?? Lol (Juuuuust kidding!)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apply Phililpians 4:8 to these forums.

When posts are lovely, edifying, true, or of good report, I focus on those posts rather than threads where there's bound to be bad blood.

There are some lovely people on here. Its good to focus on good posts.

Yes, Ma'am. It's just that to preserve places like this from being corrupted spiritually and overturned, sometimes you have to confront people head on, and that leads to some pretty rough exchanges.

We're all here for different purposes and with different objectives. For better or worse, I'm the protective type.

Reactions: Mayflower

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, sister. I agree. My life has been full of these where God led me in a direction that didn't seem logical or even wise. That song entitled "Thy Will Be Done" could sum up my life. I lost friends who said they loved me and wouldn't walk away ....bc they didn't agree with my decisions. It wasn't the decision I myself would've chosen, but it's the one God gave me. So ....my friends walked. So be it. Idk why God chooses hard roads for some of us. But we trust His hand.....

Awesome. I have been there too, and he does what he wants.

I just read your post and my heart ached a little bit because whether it's faith or whether it's hope, I have felt crushed by human understanding OFTEN when walking in obedience.

I think there is a reason the Bible said Mary pondered what the angel told her in her heart. (oh perfect timing, look at that)

I believe by "pondering them in heart" was a way of saying she sort of kept it safe.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I learned that crying is okay. For years I self injured. When I finally let the tears come through talking to God, it is when the breakthrough started to happen. It isn't as if I didn't talk to God before, but the tears couldn't come, because I didn't allow myself to feel the pain to surrender it over to Him. Ever so great once in awhile, I'll get those past urges. But then the tears come and I am okay again. I know God holds me in His arms and everything will be okay.

8c4134db268b2989e904ae360122bd46.jpg

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
P.S... you should feel privileged. Most people have no idea. I see you as a brother ..... literally ..... that's why you know a few things most don't know. (And that ain't even the tip of the iceberg. I ain't try'n to shock you to death.....just sayin'....) The tip of the iceberg would send you over the edge. lol

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I learned that crying is okay. For years I self injured. When I finally let the tears come through talking to God, it is when the breakthrough started to happen. It isn't as if I didn't talk to God before, but the tears couldn't come, because I didn't allow myself to feel the pain to surrender it over to Him. Ever so great once in awhile, I'll get those past urges. But then the tears come and I am okay again. I know God holds me in His arms and everything will be okay.

View attachment 19529
❤️❤️❤️

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 19529
This is beautiful. Not just the verse but what you said, also.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I was praying and I was asking God where am I just not trusting you and can you pinpoint this out to me, and I know for a fact I got back very clearly "cry! and get upset."

Need to explain:

I spent a lot of time crying to God and getting back nothing, to the point I put up big fat walls and cut myself off emotionally and numbed myself.

So I get it, but are there Biblical example of this? I need some encouragement before I am ready to go there emotionally. I am just really guarded about this and not sure how deep I am prepared to step into that.

And prayers for you, Ducky. :hug:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Ma'am. It's just that to preserve places like this from being corrupted spiritually and overturned, sometimes you have to confront people head on, and that leads to some pretty rough exchanges.

We're all here for different purposes and with different objectives. For better or worse, I'm the protective type.

There is definitely a need to confront evil firmly. But how do you do this on a forum without getting banned?

Ive seen a wolf in sheeps clothing. But calling someone a wolf isn't exactly allowed by the terms of service.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*passes around tissues* sorry I am late to the thread. I'm finally OFF for two weeks.

Glory to God for that : )

Just don't let the forums take up all your free time. I'm supposed to be relaxing and watching a little football, and instead here I am, still posting away, Lol.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is definitely a need to confront evil firmly. But how do you do this on a forum without getting banned?

It's called a miracle, Lol.
Ive seen a wolf in sheeps clothing. But calling someone a wolf isn't exactly allowed by the terms of service.

Actually, on this particular forum you can say even more than that, but I don't want to be encouraging you in all that. People here need a lot of love and encouragement as well, and that's what people like yourself are especially good at.

Leave the bloody stuff to people specifically designed for it; as I told someone recently, both love and sound refutation are necessary to preserve a Christian community (or even a church for that matter) from corruption. You need both : )