Is it Biblical to cry and get upset?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is definitely a need to confront evil firmly. But how do you do this on a forum without getting banned?

Ive seen a wolf in sheeps clothing. But calling someone a wolf isn't exactly allowed by the terms of service.

:hug: He may answer, but I say keep your eyes open, the Word of God open, and the report button close for any suspicious activity. Call out the teaching and let God deal with the person's heart.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Well, she’s said she’s positive it was God, so you certainly won’t convince her.
As for crying being little trust - maybe- but even if so, if your trust needs grown, Gods the one who grows it so…who else WOULD you cry to?
i commented not to convinced her ohh her i thought she was a he i only reply to be honest about my thoughts

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kinda read backwards, but then sometimes I have to read forwards, because I am like, "wait. What?" I just love what I am reading so far.

Reactions: Lambano

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gonna start using this exact same sentence but a little different as an explanation lol

tigerseye.png

e48d0297-113e-48dc-b403-c41c3aa26f47._CR0,0,356,356_UX460_.jpg

These are old and I quit though

(Sorry my younger face is in it, would have looked weird if I cropped it)

That is beautiful!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I was praying and I was asking God where am I just not trusting you and can you pinpoint this out to me, and I know for a fact I got back very clearly "cry! and get upset."

Need to explain:

I spent a lot of time crying to God and getting back nothing, to the point I put up big fat walls and cut myself off emotionally and numbed myself.

So I get it, but are there Biblical example of this? I need some encouragement before I am ready to go there emotionally. I am just really guarded about this and not sure how deep I am prepared to step into that.

If it was God, maybe He meant to "be fervent" in your supplications...but then, the "get upset" part sure does not sound quite right...
And now I feel like you will think I am being mean! You’re giving me angina.

Don't let her fool you Fluff. I know Stunned and, she can be a meanie :D;)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it was God, maybe He meant to "be fervent" in your supplications...but then, the "get upset" part sure does not sound quite right...

Don't let her fool you Fluff. I know Stunned and, she can be a meanie :D;)

It sounds right to me. She asked to be shown where she wasn’t trusting Him. His answer was she wasn’t trusting Him with her heart and her emotions and her feelings. She held all that back from Him BECAUSE she didn’t trust Him.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you mean are there accounts of weeping and upset?...you betcha!
I've probably wept more in the last five years than the last fifty. And why do I weep? Because I see things in the world, I see things in myself and I see things in God's kindness. The tears flow easily for different reasons. The smallest of human kindnesses being one of them.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you mean are there accounts of weeping and upset?...you betcha!
I've probably wept more in the last five years than the last fifty. And why do I weep? Because I see things in the world, I see things in myself and I see things in God's kindness. The tears flow easily for different reasons. The smallest of human kindnesses being one of them.
I really enjoyed this answer, @quietthinker

Short and well- thought out.

It is just very pleasant to read.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Has no one heard that when we pray we do so in our prayer closet so that we do not boast, but so that we share our problems with God and listen to His advice as to what we should do.

Shalom

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry I chuckled at that just a little bit. Lol

I can relate and have been in the position of "flowery prayers", too. It is like if there was a box of "stuff", and that "stuff" brought up a bunch of feelings that didnt do any good for me, I'd never want to open it again.

Now I have a heart box, and now all of a sudden, I'm supposed to open the heart box and look at it and show all of the different things in it.

I don't want even want to know what is in the heart box
Edmond becomes a dragon. How did the dragon become Edmond again?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has no one heard that when we pray we do so in our prayer closet so that we do not boast, but so that we share our problems with God and listen to His advice as to what we should do.

Shalom

That doesn’t mean we wouldn’t talk ABOUT prayer with each other though. Look, we’re in the world with people we can’t talk to at all about the things most important to us. When we find each other, we talk. About everything.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gonna start using this exact same sentence but a little different as an explanation lol

tigerseye.png

e48d0297-113e-48dc-b403-c41c3aa26f47._CR0,0,356,356_UX460_.jpg

These are old and I quit though

(Sorry my younger face is in it, would have looked weird if I cropped it)

Oh, my.

BTW, the way you coordinated the Bears' video with the Bible story in order to convey your own deepest feelings was well-conceived and executed. Impressive. You have quite an array of talents.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckieLady

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom
Normally I would follow that dictum (hey, my prayers are nobody else's business), but sometimes I'll violate it if I think it may edify or encourage a sister or a brother. Though my discernment doesn't have the best track record, I think Jesus would approve:

But He said to them, “What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out? How much more valuable then is a person than a sheep!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay, haven't read all the replies, but I was thinking of Samuel's mum sitting on the steps of the sanctuary when the priest thought she was drunk. Fluffy, I'm a 69yo
cry baby. Usually they're tears of joy, or love, or relief, but sometimes just downright exasperation and bewilderment. And guess what, I'm still married after 44 years. Can't be that bad.