Is it Okay for Christians to Pray to Mary?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

As a Christian how does your heart lead you in this subject

• MARY should be revered

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Mary should be respected

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, but I believe Spirit inhabits God's Word. It's not an either/ or.
Truth! Let's not forget that the Word is a PERSON, not just words written on some paper. The Word of God is ALIVE and ACTIVE ...NOT dead!

John 1:1-5 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ² The same was in the beginning with God. ³ All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. ⁴ In him was life; and the life was the light of men. ⁵ And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Hebrews 4:12-13 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹² For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. ¹³ Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

“So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” — Isaiah 55:11 (KJV)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly what Catholics do. I've listened to thier prayers.
If I talk to my departed mother, that's not praying. Because my Mom isn't an all powerful being capable of granting my requests. If I ask her for things, like the way I ask God to intervene in someone's life for example, that would be wrong. She is a human soul, with no such power.
Look what beginning Catholics are told:
"Like all prayers to Saints, our prayers to Virgin Mary rely on the Saints’ special power to intercede for us before Christ and the Father. But since Mary has a unique role in salvation, and a unique relationship to the Trinity, our prayers to the Blessed Virgin also rely on her special power of intercession."

Total hogwash! Mary has no role in our salvation. She isn't somehow part of the trinity either.
Hmmmmm.....Mary has No role in our salvation??? Salvation is thru Him and without her there would be no Him. No Mary, No Jesus.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm, if you call her the mother of your salvation you are giving her way more than honor as a good human. Only Jesus deserved that reverance.
Jesus is our Salvation. Who is the mother of Jesus?

Reactions: Philip James

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense. He always existed.
Hey Renniks,

True, he always existed. Why didn't God just make Jesus miraculously appear on earth since he always existed Renniks? What did Mary provide that Jesus being was lacking?? The human part! So, once again: No Mary, No (human) Jesus!

No Nonsense Mary

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Renniks,

True, he always existed. Why didn't God just make Jesus miraculously appear on earth since he always existed Renniks? What did Mary provide that Jesus being was lacking?? The human part! So, once again: No Mary, No (human) Jesus!

No Nonsense Mary
Nope. God could have used any girl. He could have had Jesus just appear on the earth also. None of this makes Mary sinless or perfect, or immaculate or any of the other nonsense Catholics dream up. She was just a person. She didn't save anyone. She does not contribute to anyone's salvation, and she would be horrified at the thought of being elevated to the position of a god. She would tell you to worship Jesus and leave her out of it.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Is it Okay for Christians to Pray to Mary?"
NO!!! Their prayers won't get answered!

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Sometimes many catholic people worship Mary more than Jesus, for instance why did Mary was also has a correlation with the origin country ?
Does the name Mary has many aliases ?

America pray for lady of America (Liberty statue)

Japan pray for lady of Akita.

Mexico pray for Lady of Guadalupe.

It was similar with the use of many alias of Astarte, Ashtoreth, Aphrodite, Diana, Al-Uzza, etc isn't it ?