Is it possible not to sin anymore?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, none of that scripture is speaking to a Born Again...so agree to disagree...it’s the flesh that we deal with, which is the mind...that is being renewed.
Okay. So when do you see the "Born Again" process as happening in the life of a believer?

Do you see an interim state where a believer trusts Christ to save him/her, but is not yet "Born Again"?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Okay. So when do you see the "Born Again" process as happening in the life of a believer?
Can you explain what Born Again of imperishable seed means?

If you can’t...then I believe that’s why we aren’t agreeing.

Born Again is not a process as Gods word says,,,sanctification is the process....where we will be made into Jesus image..as we are Born Again of imperishable seed...Spirit gives birth to spirit?

As a process, sanctification means becoming more holy through time. Like a child growing up into adulthood, Christians become more sanctified over time (1 Peter 2:2). This means that Christians should expect to make progress, to grow and become more loving, kind, humble and self-controlled over their life.
Those who have been Born Again of Gods seed.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born Again is not a process as Gods word says,,,sanctification is the process....where we will be made into Jesus image..as we are Born Again of imperishable seed...Spirit gives birth to spirit?
Okay, I'll rephrase it: When do you see the "Born Again" event happening in the life of the believer? Do you see an interim state in which the believer trusts Jesus to save them but is not yet "Born Again"? (With the implied question, if a believer dies trusting Jesus but not yet Born Again, what is their eternal destiny? Did they trust Jesus in vain?)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, I'll rephrase it: When do you see the "Born Again" event happening in the life of the believer? Do you see an interim state in which the believer trusts Jesus to save them but is not yet "Born Again"?
Only God knows when a person will become Born Again ...

I see God drawing that person to Jesus ...all in his timing an incredible act that only God can do...that is my belief.

Born Again and saved happen at the same time...we are Born Again and saved from eternal damnation.

Are you able to answer my question..regarding that we are Born Again of imperishable seed..what does it mean?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does that include sins of thought, word, and deed? Sins of Pride? SIns of omission, e.g. not doing good when it was in your power to do so?
If I may voice my opinion....we think in the flesh, as we grow in Christ our flesh thoughts get less and less...because we have been Born Again....Gods seed cannot reside in the heart of a sinner as @Behold will agree and teach...and I agree with his teaching because it’s the word of God...he is an excellent teacher on this subject,,imo.....

A Born Again is in the Spirit not the flesh...which I believe to be our old carnal nature...it’s the flesh thoughts of our mind that needs renewing....where we learn to think and walk in the Spirit...

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you able to answer my question..regarding that we are Born Again of imperishable seed..what does it mean?
Verse 2 says when He returns, we will be like Him. So being born of imperishable seed means we will be like Him.

Now, since John exhorts his "little children" to not sin, do you believe they are NOT born again?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may voice my opinion....we think in the flesh, as we grow in Christ our flesh thoughts get less and less...because we have been Born Again.
Okay, so we sin less and less as we grow in Christ. That aligns well with the traditional understanding of "sanctification".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So being born of imperishable seed means we will be like Him.
No it doesn’t..it means Spirit gives birth to spirit....we are Born Again of imperishable seed.then the sanctification process starts as we have been Born Again of Gods seed.
Now, since John exhorts his "little children" to not sin, do you believe they are NOT born again?
No, we don’t sin....our flesh thoughts/ old adamic thoughts. starts to be renewed...the mind...the old mind...

I believe Gods word that he is speaking to his Born Again children...those are the words I believe .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Verse 2 says when He returns, we will be like Him. So being born of imperishable seed means we will be like Him.

See my post below...that is my belief.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't give a verse that says there ever was a sin nature. Could this be a deception done on purpose?
I could probably come up with half of the New Testament for those who know how to understand the subject matter of the context. Here's a couple from Romans 5:19, 21

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You understand that "Flesh Thoughts" like lust and coveting and pride are sins, right? Until they go down to zero, we're still sinning.
No they aren’t....we have been Born Again of imperishable seed....we have the seed of God in our hearts...there is no sin in a Born Again as Gods word says.

The seed of God has no sin...a Born Again has been set free from sin...when Spirit gives birth to spirit.

There is no sin in a Born Again...that is Gods Living word.

Our minds have to be renewed from thinking in the flesh...the more we understand the renewing of our minds the more we will think in the Spirit....I hope @Behold will join this discussion.

The renewing of the mind brings your will into agreement with the Father's will. As you fill your mind with His Word by reading, thinking about, memorizing, praying, speaking out loud, even singing, you begin to think in a way that pleases Him, and His ways become your ways.

The Lord has ministered to him well on the subject.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that include sins of thought, word, and deed? Sins of Pride? SIns of omission, e.g. not doing good when it was in your power to do so?

Those are “common” questions, wondering about the “common” things that a man “might” have pop into his carnal mind, and “act on” or “put away” those thoughts.

When a man “IS” converted “IN” Christ, the Power of God “is” IN that man, to supersede such “common” carnal thoughts, WITH the “power of a mans born again spirit”.

A mystery of God? Perhaps for some NOT MADE converted, NOT comprehending a “converted” individual IS Occupying Christ Jesus’ Risen body…and remembering, Christ IS VOID of SIN.

An ALIVE man’s body obviously still living, YET accounted (in Gods Holy wisdom and His “uncommon” records) as ALREADY Dead.

What SIN can a “dead man Commit” ?
What IS the mystery of an ALIVE man occupying Christs holy SINLESS Body?

That mans “living” body has been Forgiven of all Unrighteousness AND?

Covered “internally” with? Gods Spirit.
What is Gods Spirit? Light
What does Light DO? Overshadows Darkness.
What is Sin called? Darkness
What SIN IN a converted mans living body, CAN GOD SEE? Nada.

IS “that” man “sinless” ? No
That “converted” man IS Forgiven, His Sin Forgiven, Gods Light overshadowing (covering) his forgiven Sin….AND?
That man has received what?
Gods Seed, which re-birthed the mans spirit from natural to spiritual.
What SIN can A spirit born of God “commit”?
NONE.

Is a converted man, PERFECT? No
Is a converted man, SINLESS? No

A converted man, IS Perfect-ED IN Christ.
A converted mans, SINS are forgiven and covered. God can NOT SEE Sin He has Forgiven and Covered.

Does it matter what “common” men think, believe, accuse other men of? No.

Remember “common men” Accused Jesus of being Drunk? Of having a Devil Spirit?

Jesus was BORN OF GOD.
Christ IS the SEED of GOD.
Did “common” ideas or understanding or accusations of men, “change” WHO Christ Jesus IS? No

By Gods own APPROVED and INSPIRED Word….A man Born of God, Sins “NO MORE”.

I trust that to be True.

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

A man Born of Gods SEED, can not sin.

I trust that to be True.

Glory to God,
Taken

• Sad
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

A man Born of Gods SEED, can not sin.

I trust that to be True
Amen!!

That is Gods Living word.

• Love
Reactions: Taken

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see anything there that says sinful nature? I don't.
I see the flesh like this

Self serving, a carnal mind seeking to serve self and not others.

Paul says to be carnally minded is death. It is the same base word translated flesh. It means when we serve self and not others.

If we are not obeying the law of love Jesus gave, and seeking after the things of the spirit,. we are serving self, then we are in the flesh.. If we are doing these things we are in the spirit

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I see the flesh like this

Self serving, a carnal mind seeking to serve self and not others.

Paul says to be carnally minded is death. It is the same base word translated flesh. It means when we serve self and not others.

If we are not obeying the law of love Jesus gave, and seeking after the things of the spirit,. we are serving self, then we are in the flesh.. If we are doing these things we are in the spirit
Because we have been Born Again...that we are now in the Spirit....we still have that carnal thinking...but, now we are in the Spirit, we can start to renew that carnal thinking..as we are Born Again of imperishable seed...we’re in the Spirit not the flesh...I believe the old nature was the flesh...that nature is no more and we have a new nature in Christ.

It’s the flesh thoughts that are being renewed?

Our new nature is in Christ.....but our old thought pattern is still there..it must be renewed and it is by reading and digesting the word of God...come on @Behold where are you? LOL.

Just my thoughts.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because we have been Born Again...that we are now in the Spirit....we still have that carnal thinking...but, now we are in the Spirit, we can start to renew that carnal thinking..as we are Born Again of imperishable seed...we’re in the Spirit not the flesh...I believe the old nature was the flesh...that nature is no more and we have a new nature in Christ.

It’s the flesh thoughts that are being renewed?

Our new nature is in Christ.....but our old thought pattern is still there..it must be renewed and it is by reading and digesting the word of God...come on @Behold where are you? LOL.

Just my thoughts.
Sadly, I think we have to many "religious" words.. And people have so many definitions of what they think they mean.

Reactions: Ritajanice