Is it possible to get my faith back?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trigger warning: abuse, other themes

Sorry for the long read. I made an account on this forum specifically to ask my fellow Christians for help. I hope none of this comes off as rant-ish, I posted this because I need help with my faith.

My life has always been a mess and for the past ten years my problems have been tampering my faith.

My life has always been dismal. I grew up with an abusive father who I am still stuck with, I have no self worth, I spent my entire life in grinding poverty, I have no hope in having any kind of future and there is nothing I can do to make things better. I am just average looking, I am not smart, I have no charm and I wish God had made me almost anybody else.

I grew up an atheist but converted to Christianity at 16 after surviving an "accident" (not sure if we can discuss those kinds of things here, but you get the idea). Even to this day I have nightmares and flashbacks about being in the hospital and I feel horrified when I think too much about it.

As much as I hated to be prideful, I considered myself to be a great Christian. I wanted to go from country to country preaching the gospel even at risk of my own life. I set aside 30 minutes a day to listen to an audio Bible and 10 minutes for prayer. Then I suffered a series of tragedies...

I had a girlfriend who eventually cheated on me. She made a heart felt apology and said that it meant nothing. We stayed together even though she was expecting. We planned our future together thoroughly. Halfway through she suffered a miscarriage and we broke up a few months later as we grew cold with each other. As odd as it sounds the children who weren't even mine are what anchors me to Christianity, knowing that I will be able to meet them someday.

I left Christianity for the first of many times almost ten years ago. To keep a long story short my family lost a legal battle against a church group that was responsible for our dog's death. I lost my faith in God and converted to Hinduism.

Years later I came back to Christ despite still being unsure and angry about the lawsuit. I have a controlling father who can be abusive at times. A few years ago he tried throwing my brother out of the house just for getting a job. We fled to my grandparents' for a few days until we thought he cooled down. He didn't. He became abusive towards my mother for no reason and began threatening her with everything from financial terrorism to murder. He was even abusive to my brother sometimes and eventually ended up taking all the money he had earned.

I got my first job shortly after and promised to free my family from the abuse. I only worked a month after a knee injury forced me to quit as I did not earn enough time off to heal. I haven't been able to work since and me and my family are still stuck with an abuser. He made it known he will not take us getting work lightly anyway so if I found something it would have to be something I can live on, but there isn't anything around here that pays good.

I used to be the owner of a thriving message board but it got shut down when someone who was banned for bad behavior complained and made false accusations about us to our webmaster. Really, that board was all I had and I felt like I have nothing now. I was also bullied by a rival board leader who get away with it because he was a work friend of the webmaster. I made a close friend on my board but lost contact with her and I miss her every day.

I am frustrated by being single. I wonder why God didn't make me gorgeous or charismatic. Why did he make me just average looking and dull? I see these hot movie stars and people fawning over them and wonder why I am not good enough.

There is something else that bothers me but I won't mention it as it seems marginal. All the same it makes me bitter.

I find myself doubting God and sometimes I foolishly blame HIM for allowing my problems to happen. Sometimes I genuinely think HE hates me and that HE makes bad things happen to me out of spite. No matter how hard I try to remain a Christian, my problems usually cloud my mind and I feel angry at God. I don't even pray anymore as I don't think God cares about me and I only sometimes acknowledge the Bible. I have my moments of feeling religious but they usually fade within an hour.

Will I ever get my faith back? Is it even possible at this point? Is there a way I can try to keep my faith?

Thanks for your patience in reading this long post and thank you all in advance for the help.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry for the long read. I made an account on this forum specifically to ask my fellow Christians for help. I hope none of this comes off as rant-ish, I posted this because I need help with my faith.

My life has always been a mess and for the past ten years my problems have been tampering my faith.

My life has always been dismal. I grew up with an abusive father who I am still stuck with, I have no self worth, I spent my entire life in grinding poverty, I have no hope in having any kind of future and there is nothing I can do to make things better. I am just average looking, I am not smart, I have no charm and I wish God had made me almost anybody else.

I grew up an atheist but converted to Christianity at 16 after surviving an "accident" (not sure if we can discuss those kinds of things here, but you get the idea). Even to this day I have nightmares and flashbacks about being in the hospital and I feel horrified when I think too much about it.

As much as I hated to be prideful, I considered myself to be a great Christian. I wanted to go from country to country preaching the gospel even at risk of my own life. I set aside 30 minutes a day to listen to an audio Bible and 10 minutes for prayer. Then I suffered a series of tragedies...

I had a girlfriend who eventually cheated on me. She made a heart felt apology and said that it meant nothing. We stayed together even though she was expecting. We planned our future together thoroughly. Halfway through she suffered a miscarriage and we broke up a few months later as we grew cold with each other. As odd as it sounds the children who weren't even mine are what anchors me to Christianity, knowing that I will be able to meet them someday.

I left Christianity for the first of many times almost ten years ago. To keep a long story short my family lost a legal battle against a church group that was responsible for our dog's death. I lost my faith in God and converted to Hinduism.

Years later I came back to Christ despite still being unsure and angry about the lawsuit. I have a controlling father who can be abusive at times. A few years ago he tried throwing my brother out of the house just for getting a job. We fled to my grandparents' for a few days until we thought he cooled down. He didn't. He became abusive towards my mother for no reason and began threatening her with everything from financial terrorism to murder. He was even abusive to my brother sometimes and eventually ended up taking all the money he had earned.

I got my first job shortly after and promised to free my family from the abuse. I only worked a month after a knee injury forced me to quit as I did not earn enough time off to heal. I haven't been able to work since and me and my family are still stuck with an abuser. He made it known he will not take us getting work lightly anyway so if I found something it would have to be something I can live on, but there isn't anything around here that pays good.

I used to be the owner of a thriving message board but it got shut down when someone who was banned for bad behavior complained and made false accusations about us to our webmaster. Really, that board was all I had and I felt like I have nothing now. I was also bullied by a rival board leader who get away with it because he was a work friend of the webmaster. I made a close friend on my board but lost contact with her and I miss her every day.

I am frustrated by being single. I wonder why God didn't make me gorgeous or charismatic. Why did he make me just average looking and dull? I see these hot movie stars and people fawning over them and wonder why I am not good enough.

There is something else that bothers me but I won't mention it as it seems marginal. All the same it makes me bitter.

I find myself doubting God and sometimes I foolishly blame HIM for allowing my problems to happen. Sometimes I genuinely think HE hates me and that HE makes bad things happen to me out of spite. No matter how hard I try to remain a Christian, my problems usually cloud my mind and I feel angry at God. I don't even pray anymore as I don't think God cares about me and I only sometimes acknowledge the Bible. I have my moments of feeling religious but they usually fade within an hour.

Will I ever get my faith back? Is it even possible at this point? Is there a way I can try to keep my faith?

Thanks for your patience in reading this long post and thank you all in advance for the help.

Hello brother,
My heart goes out to you as, your situation is dreary for sure. I won't give you platitudes as, you have either heard of them yourself or you have tried applying them.
Personally, I have been hanging by a thread and have some of the "feelings" that you experience. Makes for a "non-life really. But we cannot give up as He does hear us.
All I can say is don't give up, He's not a feeling and He does not always bring us out of our difficulties but, offers strength to overcome. Being a Christian is the hardest thing ever, in my book but, He IS faithful to bring us from point a to point b.
May God bless you big time, and bring joy into your life brother.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter how hard I try to remain a Christian, my problems usually cloud my mind and I feel angry at God. I don't even pray anymore as I don't think God cares about me and I only sometimes acknowledge the Bible. I have my moments of feeling religious but they usually fade within an hour.

God does care for you very much. When you get to the end of yourself God will be there. No one can make that happen. It's a work of God. But one that he will perform if you ask from the heart. Keep asking and wait for him. He'll show up at just the right time. And depending on where you are at with God it will either be a time of renewal or a time of rebirth. You don't fix yourself. In patience, calmness, and stillness, you let God fix you as you cast yourself on his mercy.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you haven't been baptised and confirmed into Christ's church then I would suggest doing that in faith. Another step is to pray to God in the name of Jesus the Christ for faith. Hope that helps. :pray:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One can always choose to have faith.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: "Can I get my faith back?"
Blaming God For "all our troubles," and living "in the past," and
"not forgiving others," are not faith.

Trusting God, And Hope "in our future" to be With Him, And "receiving
HIS Kindness," that is faith. I will pray for you; Please review:

Grace, Peace, And JOY...

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, everyone. There is a lot of stuff I did not mention because I didn't want my post getting too long. Among what I mentioned I used to have a boss who was mean to me that gets high praise and worship by practically everyone, I suffer from jealousy towards people better off and in relationships, suffering from health problems I can't get treated and suffering from PTSD because of the things I experienced.

I tried countless times finding answers online but all I got were pages using the Book of Job as a one size fits all answer and incorrect claims that God doesn't answer our peayers because they will supposedly make us sinful.

@Nancy Thank you for sparing me the platitudes. And thanks for everything else you said.

@Behold I mean for the first time I believed there was a God, bought a Bible, prayed, got baptised, etc.

@GRACE ambassador thanks for the link, I will check it out.

@Ferris Bueller I have been patiently praying to God for help for years and nothing has changed but I will take your advice and continue asking.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Dear one, I am so sorry and I know there's nothing I can say that will fix your problems. What you have been handed by God seems very unkind indeed and I don't know that I would do any better and probably even worse were it me. It is very easy to think that God hates us. Some of us seem to be dished out nothing but garbage and where are the promises that he spoke of in his word? Do you have a church family at all that you can be with? I'll tell you that I have suffered one tragedy in my life, the unexpected death of my beloved husband that has left me bereft even nearly four years later; were it not for my church family (as well as the doctrines that I understand of my faith), I would definitely have stopped being a Christian.

I hope that if you do not that you will find a Bible-believing, Christ-centered church where the people there will bear your burdens with you. It didn't happen overnight for me when I lost my husband (prior to that I was quite unconnected from the church and actually didn't like being around pretty much anyone; would just go directly home from the service and not fellowship with hardly anyone), but in time being with them and knowing the love of Jesus through them has really helped me in my grief. God often works through others.

The only other thing I can say is that for whatever reasons that are known only to him, God doesn't promise us happiness in this life. Some of us are subjected to great misery. All we can do is trust in the Lord and lean not on our own understanding. It may seem on every humanly plane of logic to a 100% absolute degree that nothing at all is good that is happening in our life. However, we are called to trust in God. That he actually does know best and is working all things for good in our lives. Ultimate good is what is meant. No suffering is ever good at the time. Yet we are to be like a child in this and look to our Heavenly Father and trust that as he said in his word that he is giving us bread and not a stone when we ask him for bread. It may seem like a stone, but we have to trust him.

That is often not easy to do. The only way that seems to help is what is called "the means of grace". This would be prayer, being in his word, attending worship service, the sacraments (like the Lord's supper and baptism though I have not learned yet how those increase my faith, but that is what I am told) and can also be fellowship with other believers. The more time we spend with our God and get to know him better, the more we can understand how worthy he is of our total devotion and commitment to him even amidst a very difficult life.

One other thing is that even though this life may seem to go on and on and on and each day seems so long, but the years go by so swiftly. We will all be at the end of our lives before we know it. Then eternity awaits. As the Lord reveals in his word, "These momentary afflictions are not worth comparing to the glory that awaits". The suffering we experience in this life, though it seems that some of us and again for reasons that are known only to our infinitely wise Heavenly Father have so much more than others, should cause us to long to finally reach our final home where there will be no suffering, where things will finally be the way they were meant to be with no sin and corruption to make things just miserable all around us.

I pray that our Heavenly Father will draw you ever close to him, that you will know his love toward you--a love that cannot be compared, that is perfect always, for he has given you eternal life by the sacrifice of his beloved, only begotten Son--and that you will finally be able to experience a temporal joy; please wait on him, and do not give up your faith. This life is just so very short and there is no hope outside of our Lord whose promises are always sure and true. Once your life here has ended he will bring you into his kingdom where you and all of his children will have eternal joy because we will finally be at peace and able to dwell both spiritually and physically with our Father and all of our heavenly family.

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a church family at all that you can be with?

Unfortunately I am unable to join a church so I really don't have anybody to be with.

I pray that our Heavenly Father will draw you ever close to him, that you will know his love toward you--a love that cannot be compared, that is perfect always, for he has given you eternal life by the sacrifice of his beloved, only begotten Son--and that you will finally be able to experience a temporal joy

Thank you.

Praying for you

Thank you very much.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello brother,
My heart goes out to you as, your situation is dreary for sure. I won't give you platitudes as, you have either heard of them yourself or you have tried applying them.
Personally, I have been hanging by a thread and have some of the "feelings" that you experience. Makes for a "non-life really. But we cannot give up as He does hear us.
All I can say is don't give up, He's not a feeling and He does not always bring us out of our difficulties but, offers strength to overcome. Being a Christian is the hardest thing ever, in my book but, He IS faithful to bring us from point a to point b.
May God bless you big time, and bring joy into your life brother.
I hear you, sister @Nancy.
If we look to scripture, we will see that we are never promised a life without trouble, trial, tribulation, and suffering. Why? Because we were born fallen and born into a fallen world. But Jesus does offer hope.

John 16:33
[33]These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Acts 14:22
[22]Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 5:1-5
[1]Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
[2]By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
[3]And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
[4]And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
[5]And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Romans 8:35-39
[35]Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
[36]As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
[37]Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
[38]For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
[39]Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 12:12
[12]Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

2 Timothy 3:10-12
[10]But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
[11]Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
[12]Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Paul said that God delivered him "out of them all." That didn't mean he never suffered persecution. It just meant God kept him through them and he was still alive to tell more people about Christ.

One thing is very apparent over the last few years or so ....we are entering a time that the world has never seen. Wickedness is increasing, and it will not get better. We will have to endure much more ....endure to the end.

Revelation 2:9-10
[9]I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
[10]Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Reactions: Nancy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As someone who has endured much suffering, I take comfort and find hope in scriptures that speak to what I have experienced.

1 Peter 4:12-19
[12]Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
[13]But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
[14]If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
[15]But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
[16]Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
[17]For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
[18]And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
[19]Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you, sister @Nancy.
If we look to scripture, we will see that we are never promised a life without trouble, trial, tribulation, and suffering. Why? Because we were born fallen and born into a fallen world. But Jesus does offer hope.

John 16:33
[33]These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Acts 14:22
[22]Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 5:1-5
[1]Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
[2]By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
[3]And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
[4]And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
[5]And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Romans 8:35-39
[35]Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
[36]As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
[37]Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
[38]For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
[39]Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 12:12
[12]Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

2 Timothy 3:10-12
[10]But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
[11]Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
[12]Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Paul said that God delivered him "out of them all." That didn't mean he never suffered persecution. It just meant God kept him through them and he was still alive to tell more people about Christ.

One thing is very apparent over the last few years or so ....we are entering a time that the world has never seen. Wickedness is increasing, and it will not get better. We will have to endure much more ....endure to the end.

Revelation 2:9-10
[9]I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
[10]Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
This is a for sure thing as yes, we were PROMISED all kinds of trials and tribulations, "but be of good cheer, as He has overcome the world" And no matter how bad things on earth get, He is mighty and more than able to turn these trials to our good, to those who love and are called according to His purposes, amen! And to me, one of those purposes whish is huge is...to build our faith THROUGH these things, horrid as they may be.
Sure hope to hear the words all of us are eager to hear at the end of the race "well done, good and faithful servant"! Amen sister...you are always right on and one of the strongest and smartest women I know :)
Dear one, I am so sorry and I know there's nothing I can say that will fix your problems. What you have been handed by God seems very unkind indeed and I don't know that I would do any better and probably even worse were it me. It is very easy to think that God hates us. Some of us seem to be dished out nothing but garbage and where are the promises that he spoke of in his word? Do you have a church family at all that you can be with? I'll tell you that I have suffered one tragedy in my life, the unexpected death of my beloved husband that has left me bereft even nearly four years later; were it not for my church family (as well as the doctrines that I understand of my faith), I would definitely have stopped being a Christian.

I hope that if you do not that you will find a Bible-believing, Christ-centered church where the people there will bear your burdens with you. It didn't happen overnight for me when I lost my husband (prior to that I was quite unconnected from the church and actually didn't like being around pretty much anyone; would just go directly home from the service and not fellowship with hardly anyone), but in time being with them and knowing the love of Jesus through them has really helped me in my grief. God often works through others.

The only other thing I can say is that for whatever reasons that are known only to him, God doesn't promise us happiness in this life. Some of us are subjected to great misery. All we can do is trust in the Lord and lean not on our own understanding. It may seem on every humanly plane of logic to a 100% absolute degree that nothing at all is good that is happening in our life. However, we are called to trust in God. That he actually does know best and is working all things for good in our lives. Ultimate good is what is meant. No suffering is ever good at the time. Yet we are to be like a child in this and look to our Heavenly Father and trust that as he said in his word that he is giving us bread and not a stone when we ask him for bread. It may seem like a stone, but we have to trust him.

That is often not easy to do. The only way that seems to help is what is called "the means of grace". This would be prayer, being in his word, attending worship service, the sacraments (like the Lord's supper and baptism though I have not learned yet how those increase my faith, but that is what I am told) and can also be fellowship with other believers. The more time we spend with our God and get to know him better, the more we can understand how worthy he is of our total devotion and commitment to him even amidst a very difficult life.

One other thing is that even though this life may seem to go on and on and on and each day seems so long, but the years go by so swiftly. We will all be at the end of our lives before we know it. Then eternity awaits. As the Lord reveals in his word, "These momentary afflictions are not worth comparing to the glory that awaits". The suffering we experience in this life, though it seems that some of us and again for reasons that are known only to our infinitely wise Heavenly Father have so much more than others, should cause us to long to finally reach our final home where there will be no suffering, where things will finally be the way they were meant to be with no sin and corruption to make things just miserable all around us.

I pray that our Heavenly Father will draw you ever close to him, that you will know his love toward you--a love that cannot be compared, that is perfect always, for he has given you eternal life by the sacrifice of his beloved, only begotten Son--and that you will finally be able to experience a temporal joy; please wait on him, and do not give up your faith. This life is just so very short and there is no hope outside of our Lord whose promises are always sure and true. Once your life here has ended he will bring you into his kingdom where you and all of his children will have eternal joy because we will finally be at peace and able to dwell both spiritually and physically with our Father and all of our heavenly family.

Another good post sister. Time is a funny thing. The days can be very long and dreary yet the years fly by. I mourn the waste of so much time that passes with nothing to really show for it. This is something that can eat away at you, once realized...there may be some saints who can be in prayer and study for hours on end and i do covet that...is that good? Bad? I don't know but all I do know is that He gives us what our minds and hearts can handle, a little at a time. He is good all the time, His plans for us are not to harm but to prosper us in all ways, but I think the spiritual blessings far outweigh the physical ones.
@PossibleThrowawayAccount , I so hope you will just wait on God as He can be orchestrating situations to turn in your favor. Moses waited like decades before being strengthened to bring his people out of Egypt, Hannah and Sarah were barren and still wished to have a child. God answered them but not for many years as He was molding and teaching them how to apply their stellar faith! Hang in there brother, you will be in the same place day after day without hope in Him who only has our best interests at heart. God cannot be blamed for all the bad things in this world, Satan is behind every evil, God protects us as we trust in Him no matter what is happening. I pray for your deliverance and the strength to overcome brother,
God bless and keep you!

Reactions: dhh712 and TLHKAJ

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't even pray anymore as I don't think God cares about me and I only sometimes acknowledge the Bible. I have my moments of feeling religious but they usually fade within an hour.

Wow! PossibleThrowawayAccount what a confession.

Thank you so much for risking opening an account here. I pray you find support, encouragement and love here to help you on what has obviously been an extremely trying life.

I pride myself on logic as a means to determine truth. If you examine the last 2 sentences you wrote, you HAVE faith, otherwise you would not be trying to keep it. Once cannot keep what they don't already have. Further proof is the fact that you created an account here.

Airone radio has pastors you can call. I suggest you call them.

You did not say anything about church. We are not meant to do life alone. Check out a church near you and share your story with a pastor in person. One thought I had is you need to get away. Consider joining the Peace Corps. By focusing on serving others, your problems will be put in the perspective God wants for us all.