Is it possible ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Nah we are the church, carnal men see with there eyes yet cant see. Christianty isnt built on Peter, its about Christ, and here you are doing what you just said not to do following false prophets and liars. You either serve Christ or men, you cant serve both, you either belong to Him or your church, you are either obedient to Christ and teh things of God, or you are obedient to your religion and its false doctrines. Your choice, He wont "make" you follow after Him, if you prefer to follow after men.

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Jn 10:26-27 echoes Jn 6:66 imho they believe not and walk no more with Him - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I am afraid I must disagree with you twinc as per my own personal experience. The two or three relates to any 2 or 3 persons who come together "in his name". Lots of people meet together in "church" groups, Catholic and Protestant and other for mass or services but if not even 2 or 3 in the group get into His name, Jesus is not in the meeting. I have been in large meetings that supposedly church groups [again both Catholic and various Protestant] where Jesus never showed up, but I have been in other gatherings that included Catholics where Jesus was there. This is one reason why I have a real problem with the communion host of the Catholic Church. If a person comes to the altar empty and is not hungry and thirsty for the righteousness of God, that host gives him nothing even if the priest is "in Jesus name" because it takes at least two. One won't do it.

it seems you keep forgetting that they walk no more with Him so they do not gather in His name[Jn6:66] - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jn 10:26-27 echoes Jn 6:66 imho they believe not and walk no more with Him - twinc
Yes because they rather it there way than His way, ie, church, religion , studying learning, but not Him.

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Luk_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Mat_4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Mat_8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

but most would rather teh wide road than teh narrow

Mat_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

because they would rather religion than a relationship with Him

(Gal 4:29) But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

some things never change

Luk_5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

Teh new is by the Spirit ever since Penetcost. the old is mans religions.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it seems you keep forgetting that they walk no more with Him so they do not gather in His name[Jn6:66] - twinc
I am not forgetting what the verse says, twinc. I have not stopped walking with Jesus. I do still gather with others in His name.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Yes because they rather it there way than His way, ie, church, religion , studying learning, but not Him.

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Luk_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Mat_4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Mat_8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

but most would rather teh wide road than teh narrow

Mat_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

because they would rather religion than a relationship with Him

(Gal 4:29) But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

some things never change

Luk_5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

Teh new is by the Spirit ever since Penetcost. the old is mans religions.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

you do surprise me that it is the bread of life you are receiving and not just mouldy old dough - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I am not forgetting what the verse says, twinc. I have not stopped walking with Jesus. I do still gather with others in His name.

in communion presumably and not Holy Communion - Holy is the vital missing ingredient that makes the difference to unholy mouldy old dough - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in communion presumably and not Holy Communion - Holy is the vital missing ingredient that makes the difference to unholy mouldy old dough - twinc
The word, holy, simply means set apart. The one that sets something or someone apart is God. When a person obeys God that could the beginning of becoming holy as God counts holy.

Reactions: Helen

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that Jesus is not just the saviour of Christians but also of the whole world as claimed - how was, is and/or will this be possible - twinc

Jesus is indeed the Savior of all true believers, but 1 John 4:14 merely states that in all of the whole world (cosmos) Jesus is the ONLY Savior and no one else!

To God Be The Glory

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true, Jesus died and paid the penalty for all men

This, of course, is a false statement! If the above statement is true then it would also be true there will no one be put to hell, for all men’s sins would have been paid for.

In fact, the opposite is true. “You shall call His name Jesus for He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21.

as to wheter all men choose Him is another topic of which we have many.

No, there is only one.

Romans 3:10-12 declares:
10 As it is written, There is none righteous no not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable;
there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

I know you don’t believe in Scriptures although you quote many to prove your doctrines. You only believe in God yet you do not espouse that the whole Bible contains the Word of God.

By not believing the Bible as containing the word of God, you declare to follow a false gospel, as well as those who partake and think like you.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: tabletalk

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
This, of course, is a false statement! If the above statement is true then it would also be true there will no one be put to hell, for all men’s sins would have been paid for.

In fact, the opposite is true. “You shall call His name Jesus for He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21.

No, there is only one.

Romans 3:10-12 declares:
10 As it is written, There is none righteous no not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable;
there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

I know you don’t believe in Scriptures although you quote many to prove your doctrines. You only believe in God yet you do not espouse that the whole Bible contains the Word of God.

By not believing the Bible as containing the word of God, you declare to follow a false gospel, as well as those who partake and think like you.

To God Be The Glory

here we must ask who His people are - from Rmns 3:10-12 we should and must see the really good news that we are saved in spite of ourselves - btw notice it says will save His people[Mt 1:21]- the also good news is is that there will be no Christians in hell only devils - it is missed but we are clearly told in Scripture that hell has been prepared for the devil and his angels - twinc

Last edited:

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where Peter is there is the Church [Matt 24:23-24] - twinc

Sounds like you are boasting in men. That is schism. 1Corinthians 1: 12. 'Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,...'

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am afraid I must disagree with you twinc as per my own personal experience. The two or three relates to any 2 or 3 persons who come together "in his name". Lots of people meet together in "church" groups, Catholic and Protestant and other for mass or services but if not even 2 or 3 in the group get into His name, Jesus is not in the meeting. I have been in large meetings that supposedly church groups [again both Catholic and various Protestant] where Jesus never showed up, but I have been in other gatherings that included Catholics where Jesus was there. This is one reason why I have a real problem with the communion host of the Catholic Church. If a person comes to the altar empty and is not hungry and thirsty for the righteousness of God, that host gives him nothing even if the priest is "in Jesus name" because it takes at least two. One won't do it.

Tell us how you know Jesus 'never showed up'.

Reactions: Jun2u

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you do surprise me that it is the bread of life you are receiving and not just mouldy old dough - twinc

No, your Catholic Church teaches that Protestants do not have the Real Presence. So it is just 'mouldy old dough', according to your Church.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here we must ask who His people are - from Rmns 3:10-12 we should and must see the really good news that we are saved in spite of ourselves - btw notice it says will save His people[Mt 1:21]- the also good news is is that there will be no Christians in hell only devils - it is missed but we are clearly told in Scripture that hell has been prepared for the devil and his angels - twinc

First, respond to post #30 which is addressed to you before I make a comment on your statements above. - Jun2u

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like you are boasting in men. That is schism. 1Corinthians 1: 12. 'Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,...'

not I but by appointment - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell us how you know Jesus 'never showed up'.
In saying I knew when He did not show up I was in error, because when I was not among those in His name, how could I know? I would have been unable to discern. If I were the only one in a group and I alone was "in His name" that would have worked, but I do not recall definitely such a situation although there was one where it may have been. God knows.

What I would have been able to know was when one of those "in His name" when there were at least 2 or 3 or us. That is my own witness, my own testimony. I could not of course convince someone of that whose heart was closed to the possibility. Those whose heart was open would need no convincing. In spite of what some may say, I do not purposely lie with regard to the things of God. Sometimes I do err as I admit I did with what I stated at the first to which you rightly raised a question. I apologize to you and @twinc and also to anyone else unnecessarily led astray by my words.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
First, respond to post #30 which is addressed to you before I make a comment on your statements above. - Jun2u

no comment necessary as it goes without saying as the saying goes - twinc

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In saying I knew when He did not show up I was in error, because when I was not among those in His name, how could I know? I would have been unable to discern. If I were the only one in a group and I alone was "in His name" that would have worked, but I do not recall definitely such a situation although there was one where it may have been. God knows.

What I would have been able to know was when one of those "in His name" when there were at least 2 or 3 or us. That is my own witness, my own testimony. I could not of course convince someone of that whose heart was closed to the possibility. Those whose heart was open would need no convincing. In spite of what some may say, I do not purposely lie with regard to the things of God. Sometimes I do err as I admit I did with what I stated at the first to which you rightly raised a question. I apologize to you and @twinc and also to anyone else unnecessarily led astray by my words.

No problem.
I've read many of your posts, and it's obvious to me you do not purposely lie.
To God be the Glory.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen