Is it possible? ? ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure to whom or to what you are responding to, a little clarification might help.

To the original post of what Phillip said...I fine way to resist the devil is to tell him that even he can be forgivin if he but bows to the man Jesus.
He never will so he always runs

Reactions: Nancy

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fine way to resist the devil is to tell him that even he can be forgivin if he but bows to the man Jesus
He never will so he always runs…

The writer of the statement above does not believe Jesus is the Son of God and that Jesus is merely a man.

By nature man is evil. By nature man’s heart is desperately wicked, likewise, by nature, Satan is a liar and a murderer from the beginning (John 8:44). Because of pride, Satan will never, never repent. Repentance is a gift and cannot be received by Satan because salvation is for mankind alone.

God created everything after it’s kind. Angels were created as spirit beings. Man was created in the image of God, and God created everything else after its kind.

The word “angel” is the word “messenger” in both the Old and New Testaments, and has three levels of meaning:

1) Christ is the messenger of the Gospel/covenant (Malachi 3:1).
2) Angels are messengers/ministering spirits on behalf of the saints (Hebrews 1:14).
3) Man are messengers as they witness the Word to the world (Matthew 28:19-20).

Depending on the context we won’t know which messenger is in view.

The Bible, however, is silent about when Satan and his angels were cast out to the earth, but searching the Scripture we can know when this event occurred.

We read in Matthew 12:29:
“...how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house.” (also see, Mark 11:21).

We know this binding of Satan and of his angels occurred at the cross. Did this event happen in AD 33? Most certainly not! I believe the plan of God to save a people for Himself have all been accomplished BEFORE He created the world when the Ultimate Sacrifice (Jesus) was slain before the foundation of the world.

I believe the reason God could not destroy the world at that time frame is that those whom He planned to save are born at different times in history. The history of the world is just a formality and until the last person to be saved is born this world will continue.

Food for thought.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Helen and LC627

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I fine way to resist the devil is to tell him that even he can be forgivin if he but bows to the man Jesus

The writer of the statement above does not believe Jesus is the Son of God and that Jesus is merely a man.

So you think you know me and you know what I believe ?

Satan always runs from the mercy of Christ, he cannot abide it, it brings forth his rebellion and hammers him with the fact that a man rules the universe,

Christ has won the victory. And freed us to act with mercy and love, and these overthrow the enemy every time!

Peace!

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

By nature man is evil. By nature man’s heart is desperately wicked, likewise, by nature, Satan is a liar and a murderer from the beginning (John 8:44). Because of pride, Satan will never, never repent. Repentance is a gift and cannot be received by Satan because salvation is for mankind alone.

God created everything after it’s kind. Angels were created as spirit beings. Man was created in the image of God, and God created everything else after its kind.

The word “angel” is the word “messenger” in both the Old and New Testaments, and has three levels of meaning:

2) Angels are messengers/ministering spirits on behalf of the saints (Hebrews 1:14).

The Bible, however, is silent about when Satan and his angels were cast out to the earth, but searching the Scripture we can know when this event occurred.

“...how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house.” (also see, Mark 11:21).

We know this binding of Satan and of his angels occurred at the cross. Did this event happen in AD 33? Most certainly not! I believe the plan of God to save a people for Himself have all been accomplished BEFORE He created the world when the Ultimate Sacrifice (Jesus) was slain before the foundation of the world.

I believe the reason God could not destroy the world at that time frame is that those whom He planned to save are born at different times in history. The history of the world is just a formality and until the last person to be saved is born this world will continue.

Food for thought.

To God Be The Glory

Don't blame Philip.

I just quoted what he wrote (on a different thread.)
I also took it as a 'light hearted comment' not as if it was a serious "doctrine" of his!!

Sorry @Philip James
I should have asked you first if it would be okay for me to quote you.
I am smacking my head now....

I thought it would be an interesting discussion where people could share their opinions on it ( and many did ) ...and not get all heavy
about it!

I repent in dust and ashes for quoting you without asking. :oops:

.....H

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't blame Philip.

I also took it as a 'light hearted comment' not as if it was a serious "doctrine" of his!!

Sorry @Philip James

I thought it would be an interesting discussion where people could share their opinions on it ( and many did ) ...and not get all heavy
about it!

.....H

"I repent in dust and ashes for quoting you without asking. :oops:" Ahahaha-you do have a way with words!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't blame Philip.

Sorry @Philip James

about it!

.....H

No need to repent. :D it was a good discussion. And you are free to quote me anytime..

Pax!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Food for thought.

Amen!

To God Be The Glory

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Read my post #45
Jun2u Is totally wrong about Philip's quote and about Philip himself.

Of course Philip believes Jesus is the Son of God and that Jesus was not 'just a man'

I was the one who started this thread.

I would guess that Jun2u did not read all the posts in this thread, OR picked up the atmosphere of spirit of the light-discussion that we were having.
This is not some heavy subject. No one is trying to get the devil saved!!!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read my post #45
Jun2u Is totally wrong about Philip's quote and about Philip himself.

Of course Philip believes Jesus is the Son of God and that Jesus was not 'just a man'

I was the one who started this thread.

I would guess that Jun2u did not read all the posts in this thread, OR picked up the atmosphere of spirit of the light-discussion that we were having.
This is not some heavy subject. No one is trying to get the devil saved!!!

I understand Helen, I thought @Jun2u had a excellent post so that is why I said "amen". As I mentioned in my post, if you want to resist the devil - use scripture - not a fantasy method of throwing the idea of forgiveness at the devil.

Reactions: Nancy and Jun2u

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand Helen, I thought Jun2u had a excellent post so that is why I said "amen". As I mentioned in my post, if you want to resist the devil - use scripture - not a fantasy method of throwing forgiveness at the devil.

I hear you..but you are a but too serious...none here including Philip and myself were trying to get the Devil saved...

The emphasis on the part of the OP that was being discussed was not resisting the devil...but < tell the devil that even he can be forgiven if he but bows to the man Jesus.
He never will , so he always runs
.... >

And even then it was light hearted when I asked..< " He has done what he was commissioned to do = be the Adversary...so why would he be punished for doing his job well? Can he repent even now ? ">

It was a fun discussion...with some really excellent answers.
If you did read page one , then you missed a lot.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you..but you are a but too serious...none here including Philip and myself were trying to get the Devil saved...

The emphasis on the part of the OP that was being discussed was not resisting the devil...but < tell the devil that even he can be forgiven if he but bows to the man Jesus.
He never will , so he always runs
.... >

And even then it was light hearted when I asked..< " He has done what he was commissioned to do = be the Adversary...so why would he be punished for doing his job well? Can he repent even now ? ">

It was a fun discussion...with some really excellent answers.
If you did read page one , then you missed a lot.

I know you two were not trying to get the devil saved, that was made clear in the OP "...he never will..." Of course satan would never repent. What I was making my own reference to is that if you want to resist the devil simply go the Bible.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know this binding of Satan and of his angels occurred at the cross.

Actually Satan and the rest of the fallen spirits were bound long ago in “chains of darkness” ever since the flood.

For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell (Tartarus) and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly.” 2 Pet 2:4, 5

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day.” Jude 1:6

However I believe you are referring to the binding of Satan spoken of in Rev 20:1-3. We are to distinguish clearly between the restraint of the fallen angels and the binding of Satan who is the prince of demons.

We believe the binding of the Adversary is even now beginning, but has not yet been fully implemented.

How so you ask? It is our understanding that it is truth which binds error, so too truth will be the chain which will bind evil. The beginning of this binding process begins by exposing Satan’s great master work, the Anti-Christ for what it truly is, a counterfeit of the true Church, an apostate church. However the time for the binding of Satan himself is fixed at the close of the Gospel age, prior to the thousand year reign of Christ, most likely sometime during the great time of trouble.

The reason why Satan is not yet fully bound now is because the Church has not yet been completed, and as in accordance with the will of God they like their Master must be tested in all points even as he was, by flesh, the world and the Adversary. If the Adversary were bound now how could those who have yet to have made their calling and election sure be tested in all points even as their Master?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As I mentioned in my post, if you want to resist the devil - use scripture - not a fantasy method of throwing the idea of forgiveness at the devil

Good luck with using scripture. I'lll stick to using the power of Christ's Blood.

Pax!

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know you two were not trying to get the devil saved, that was made clear in the OP "...he never will..." Of course satan would never repent. What I was making my own reference to is that if you want to resist the devil simply go the Bible.

Well my friend , in all my own Christian experience and I have lots in 54 years.
"Going to the bible" will not cut it for me . I have never ever taught anyone to do that either!! Jesus is our 'go to' place. :)

It says " Resit the Devil and then he will flee"
Me 'running to my bible' is not resisting the devil. Neither is prayer resisting.
The Devil goes by kicking not by praying or reading my bible.
Turn, face him , and and command him to be gone in the Name above all Names...JESUS.

Unless you are talking about the "Devil ice cream" which you have to resist.
Then maybe yes, reading the bible may be a good distraction for you. :D

Bless you...H

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well my friend , in all my own Christian experience and I have lots in 54 years.
"Going to the bible" will not cut it for me . I have never ever taught anyone to do that either!! Jesus is our 'go to' place. :)

It says " Resit the Devil and then he will flee"
Me 'running to my bible' is not resisting the devil. Neither is prayer resisting.
The Devil goes by kicking not by praying or reading my bible.
Turn, face him , and and command him to be gone in the Name above all Names...JESUS.

Unless you are talking about the "Devil ice cream" which you have to resist.
Then maybe yes, reading the bible may be a good distraction for you. :D

Bless you...H

Yea because going to the Bible is such an awful thing to do, my apologies.
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by what? The Word of God.
You would not have known to resist unless you read your Bible.

The Word of God (AKA the Bible) is the Sword of the Spirit and is living and powerful.
Jesus is the WORD that became flesh.

Last edited:

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think you know me and you know what I believe ?

Sorry, I don’t know you, and since I can’t see what is in your heart I don’t know what you believe but I do know what you wrote. I may not have understood the full gist of what you were trying to convey as BG have suggested, however, I did understand the meaning of the phrase, “that even he (devil) can be forgivin if he but bows to the man Jesus.which I’ve already expounded above.

Satan always runs from the mercy of Christ, he cannot abide it, it brings forth his rebellion and hammers him with the fact that a man rules the universe,

Of course, because of his sin of pride, he cannot accept the mercy of God, just like the arrogance of unsaved men who believe they have a “free will” to choose or not to choose for God in contradiction to Romans 3:10-11.

Christ has won the victory. And freed us to act with mercy and love, and these overthrow the enemy every time!

Christ assuredly won by going to the cross NOT to free us to act with mercy and love but from the wrath of God and sin.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: LC627

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yea because going to the Bible is such an awful thing to do, my apologies.
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by what? The Word of God.
You would not have known to resist unless you read your Bible.

The Word of God (AKA the Bible) is the Sword of the Spirit and is living and powerful.
Jesus is the WORD that became flesh.

Okay, Whatever you say....have at it.
You are obviously very young....you know nothing about real spiritual warfare ...and you have never been face to face with demons, or cast them out of people bound by them....
You go and try doing that by just "reading your bible" . The demons would laugh at you...and I can tell you that to hear their cackling laughter is blood chilling. I promise you, I have heard them.
I have seen people delivered and set free....not by someone sitting there 'reading their bible'....but by taking authority in the Name of The Lord and casting the out, back to where they came from..

But , why am telling you this ...you already "know it all."
Much good may it do you young man.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've had great success with the Bible, thanks.

Why don't you tell is all just how many demons you have cast out of people by reading the bible?

We are listening.