Is it possible? ? ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ assuredly won by going to the cross NOT to free us to act with mercy and love but from the wrath of God and sin.

They go hand in hand. Consider:

His master summoned him and said to him, 'You wicked servant! I forgave you your entire debt because you begged me to.

Should you not have had pity on your fellow servant, as I had pity on you?'

Then in anger his master handed him over to the torturers until he should pay back the whole debt

Peace

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do know what you wrote. I may not have understood the full gist of what you were trying to convey as BG have suggested, however, I did understand the meaning of the phrase,that even he (devil) can be forgivin if he but bows to the man Jesus.which I’ve already expounded above.“

I hope you no longer have the wrong end of the stick about myself and Philip? Neither Philip or I were saying that we "thought" that maybe Satan could be saved....crying out loud...we just wanted a good discussion about it. :)

We agree with what you write...we agree with what everyone wrote..!!
Peace. We are not coming up with some new doctrine of "the salvation of the Devil." :D

But it has been an interesting discussion...and everyone had good posts..about the legalities of Satan's position.
@ScottA nailed it when he said :-
" Just as the Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world, so too was Satan condemned before the world began and the plan of redemption for the lost. So, no, Satan's fate is sealed."

I thought that was excellent. But all the other post were excellent too. :)

Bless you....Helen

Reactions: Nancy

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i find it interesting that people who claim the bible is true can say without a doubt that something is impossible. if that is true then why say in the Word that all things are possible for those that believe or with man it is impossible but for God all things are possible. don't those verses mean to say that it is possible? it may not be probable but that does not mean impossible. if you ever get the time and want to check on impossibilities look up what the probabilities are of having the prophesies within the bible to come to pass or how about the probability of a person freezing to death in 70 degree weather. there are many things that are considered impossible and yet happen.

God bless

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you ever get the time and want to check on impossibilities look up what the probabilities are of having the prophesies within the bible to come to pass or how about the probability of a person freezing to death in 70 degree weather. there are many things that are considered impossible and yet happen.

That reminds me of something I read a million years ago in Readers Digest.
It was a true story about the power of the mind.
A man hitched a ride in Australia on a goods train. He was traveling along happily until he saw the sign on the wall Refrigeration Car.
He tried to open the door to jump out...but it was a self locker.

Slowly he got cold...he stared writing notes to his family telling them how he was freezing to death. Long story short.
At the end of the line they found him dead. The medical examiner confirmed that he had died of hyperthermia ...and the box of the train was a lot higher than just 70 degrees!!!!

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Nancy

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, Whatever you say....have at it.
You are obviously very young....you know nothing about real spiritual warfare ...and you have never been face to face with demons, or cast them out of people bound by them....
You go and try doing that by just "reading your bible" . The demons would laugh at you...and I can tell you that to hear their cackling laughter is blood chilling. I promise you, I have heard them.
I have seen people delivered and set free....not by someone sitting there 'reading their bible'....but by taking authority in the Name of The Lord and casting the out, back to where they came from..

But , why am telling you this ...you already "know it all."
Much good may it do you young man.

1 Timothy 4:12 - Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

You can make comments about my age all you want, that just shows you're acting more on my "youthful" level
than I am, so thank you.

The Word of God has power. We are not talking about an exorcism but daily Christian life.
Psalm 199:105 - Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you tell is all just how many demons you have cast out of people by reading the bible?

We are listening.

And how did you become Wonder Woman without reading your Bible?

I'm listening.

Reactions: Mjh29

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Word of God has power. We are not talking about an exorcism but daily Christian life.

Who says? Obviously you!
That is not at all what any of us were talking about.... try reading the whole thread first , before commenting on the subject matter.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And how did you become Wonder Woman without reading your Bible?

I'm listening.

Good grief ...now who is being childish. :rolleyes:

So you are now a clairvoyant and you obviously know just how, when, what , and how much I read the bible....clever boy.

And I did notice that you sidestepped my question and couldn't answer about your actual experience in resisting the Devil...so you just responded by asking a silly question about my bible habits. ha!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you are now a clairvoyant and you obviously know just how, when, what , and how much I read the bible....clever boy.

And I did notice that you sidestepped my question and couldn't answer about your actual experience in resisting the Devil...so you just responded by asking a silly question about my bible habits. ha!
:rolleyes:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would just like the "wise ones" to say what they believe.<-----I'M Kinda thinking he totally missed this part of your OP?

Reactions: Helen

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am pretty clever, I'm so bright my parents call me son.

I resist the devil every time I step in the prison and am surrounded by over 1500 murderers, rapist, and some of the most violent gangs, so on. Being a chaplain has opened my eyes on relying on God's Word in everyway and everyday. I have felt God's power through His Word and the presence of an angel standing in the doorway protecting me after an inmate was attacked - God's Word holds more power than we can even understand. God will always direct us through His Word and the Bible is our guide.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am pretty clever, I'm so bright my parents call me son.

I resist the devil every time I step in the prison and am surrounded by over 1500 murderers, rapist, and some of the most violent gangs, so on. Being a chaplain has opened my eyes on relying on God's Word in everyway and everyday. I have felt God's power through His Word and the presence of an angel standing in the doorway protecting me after an inmate was attacked - God's Word holds more power than we can even understand. God will always direct us through His Word and the Bible is our guide.

Glad to hear it...
Thanks for your answer ...Amen!
Finally..... we got there.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe God created Angels in His likeness. WHY? Because the scriptures never say the Angels were created in God's image.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not believe God created Angels in His likeness. WHY? Because the scriptures never say the Angels were created in God's image.

Okay, but who are you responding to?
Or is this about Satan being an angel? ?

Give us a few more lines here. :)

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you no longer have the wrong end of the stick about myself and Philip? Neither Philip or I were saying that we "thought" that maybe Satan could be saved....crying out loud...we just wanted a good discussion about it.

Well, I believe this type of topic should not be allowed on a Christian forum, even for discussion sake (which I wrongly misinterpreted).

Supposing a new convert just joined CyB and happened to come by this topic, knowing he learned through the Bible that Satan is a defeated foe and will never ever repent and be forgiven, how do you suppose he would react? Would he not think perhaps he joined the wrong Christian Board?

Furthermore, let’s say he is of a foreign descent and English is his second language (like me), could he also misinterpret the topic like I did?

Food for thought.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: LC627

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, I believe this type of topic should not be allowed on a Christian forum, even for discussion sake (which I wrongly misinterpreted).

Supposing a new convert just joined CyB and happened to come by this topic, knowing he learned through the Bible that Satan is a defeated foe and will never ever repent and be forgiven, how do you suppose he would react? Would he not think perhaps he joined the wrong Christian Board?

Furthermore, let’s say he is of a foreign descent and English is his second language (like me), could he also misinterpret the topic like I did?

Food for thought.

To God Be The Glory

Well maybe you have a good point here.
But, if a newbie joined the Site and read ( which it seems most people don't)
ALL the posts by all the members here...the newbie would not be shaken as you said... but the newbie would learn and have an answer ready if anyone unsaved asked him the same question...it would solidify him , not shake him.

And lets be honest here.
If every strange thought patten or strange question was removed from this Forum ...there would only be about 6 threads left on the whole Site!!! :D

Reactions: tooldtocare

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my view Satan comes from within, not from the outside. It is a product of one’s mental manifestations looking for a reason to explain a wrong doing. When you commit bad things or think bad things or say bad things the easiest way to overcome this is to blame these acts on satin.

Just say, it wasn’t me, it was satin who forced me to do this or that.

Wow, now I feel better, I am free of guilt.

in my view of things

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well my friend , in all my own Christian experience and I have lots in 54 years.
"Going to the bible" will not cut it for me . I have never ever taught anyone to do that either!! Jesus is our 'go to' place.

I have never met a confessing Christian boast in their experiences rather than going to the Bible. I suppose they have not read, “we walk by faith and not by sight.”

So what will you do with Scripture verses like Luke 24:30-32? Or, 2 Peter 1:21? Or, 2 John 9-11? And, the Great Commission commanded by Jesus to all believers to go into every nation and preach the Gospel and make disciples of men, baptizing them into the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

According to your statement above, you have yet to witness to someone, it means you have violated the command of YOUR Lord and Savior Jesus whom you worship. How can a person become saved if there are no believers to bring the Gospel? It is a fundamental truth that “faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?
15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

John 5:45-46
45) For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
46) But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

The Bible is filled with Scripture passages that the Bible alone determines and structures the true Gospel.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: LC627