Is it possible? ? ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never met a confessing Christian boast in their experiences rather than going to the Bible. I suppose they have not read, “we walk by faith and not by sight.”

So what will you do with Scripture verses like Luke 24:30-32? Or, 2 Peter 1:21? Or, 2 John 9-11? And, the Great Commission commanded by Jesus to all believers to go into every nation and preach the Gospel and make disciples of men, baptizing them into the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

According to your statement above, you have yet to witness to someone, it means you have violated the command of YOUR Lord and Savior Jesus whom you worship. How can a person become saved if there are no believers to bring the Gospel? It is a fundamental truth that “faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?
15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

John 5:45-46
45) For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
46) But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

The Bible is filled with Scripture passages that the Bible alone determines and structures the true Gospel.

To God Be The Glory
Amen to everything - and always to God be the glory.

Reactions: Jun2u

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you tell is all just how many demons you have cast out of people by reading the bible?

Are you saying a child of God can cast out demons?

When we went to grade school, in order for us to learn numbers and how it is used to calculate, we had a common denominator to go to called the Arithmetic book, and with science, we consult a Science book, and so on.

By your question above, I know you don”t seem to consult the Bible which is the common denominator when we speak about the things of God, like, who God is as He reveals Himself to mankind, or what is salvation, and what is the wages of sin, etc…

You’ve already quoted, “resist the devil and he will flee from you” which of course you quoted from the Bible. Furthermore, the apostle John, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit declared in 1 John 4:4 “Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.” Which means no evil spirits or demons can enter into a child of God! WOW! What a wonderful assurance for the true believers coming from God our Savior.

On the opposite side of the coin, however, Satan and his angels can indwell the unsaved of the world for they belong to him. Furthermore, he uses them to entice the believers to sin if they could.

Knowing this truth, therefore, there is no need to cast out demons any longer nor is there such a command. The last to perform these types of miracles that I know of were done by the Apostles and perhaps Agabus also. Other than that we don’t see or hear any more casting out of demons in the Bible.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
Reactions: LC627

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you tell is all just how many demons you have cast out of people by reading the bible?

We are listening.

Im sorry, but I must interject that Jesus Christ rebuked SATAN HIMSELF... Using scripture. So, yeah. It doesn't matter how many demons LC has cast out using the Bible, If it was good enough for Jesus, it is perfect for me.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know you don”t seem to consult the Bible which is the common denominator when we speak about the things of God, like, who God is as He reveals Himself to mankind, or what is salvation, and what is the wages of sin, etc…

Oh another pre judger of what you KNOW about me? o_O
Clever you...tell me how you do that?

Go and asks all the people that have KNOWN me over the last 54 years...then come back and tell me about how much I do or don't read the bible.

Obviously you read "into" things that people are not saying.

The young man that I was having a conversation and he said that to resist the Devil he reads the bible. He did not clarify that this was how he kept himself strong in the word.

He clarified his position and we settled our issue.
He was talking about his personal life ...I was talking about actual spiritual warfare when in an actual demonized situation.
In those live serious situations...if we have NOT read and committed scripture to memory ..it is impossible to combat the devils... it is the word of the Lord in our mouth spoken with authority that causes the demons to run.

He and I found out that we were at cross purposes in what we each were talking about.

Last edited:

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jun2u said:
I know you don”t seem to consult the Bible which is the common denominator when we speak about the things of God, like, who God is as He reveals Himself to mankind, or what is salvation, and what is the wages of sin, etc…

Please, when you quote people, make sure you quote every word that was said because you can distort the meaning when you omit what was actually said as in this case. What you’ve done is deliberately omitted the beginning phrase “From your question above” and hi-lighted the words “know you” and by doing that you turned and made what I’ve said to mean a sarcastic remark, and it showed by your next statement below.

Oh another pre judger of what you KNOW about me? o_O
Clever you...tell me how you do that?

If ever the above is not a sarcastic remark then I don’t know what is. Have you not read there is a righteous judgment? Do you not know there is a consequence when you don’t read the Bible and rely only on your own wisdom? The answer to your question is I’ve been taught to “test every spirit...” Not clever at all, just paying attention to the teaching of the Holy Spirit.

Go and asks all the people that have KNOWN me over the last 54 years...then come back and tell me about how much I do or don't read the bible.

What a silly statement to make! Your intelligence is really showing and becomes you. How do I know whom to consult who knew you for 54 years about how much or how little you read the Bible? In fact, I don’t have to consult with any of them, for yourself have admitted to not consulting the Bible!

The Bible is a two-edged sword we read. It can kill spiritually and physically. The Bible is trustworthy. It promises that if a believer resists, the devil will flee. In other words, the Bible teaches that a true believer has a hold on Satan and his angels. The Bible in the believers' hands has power over Satan, and not the type of theology “in Jesus name be gone” but because of what Jesus did on the cross when Satan was vanquished.

Obviously you read "into" things that people are not saying.

Don’t you? Just look into the mirror!

If this post seems harsh to you it is not meant to be, for this is not the character of a child of God for he knows Jesus was reviled but He reviled not again.

Have a blessed day.

To God Be The Glory

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What a silly statement to make! Your intelligence is really showing and becomes you. How do I know whom to consult who knew you for 54 years about how much or how little you read the Bible? In fact, I don’t have to consult with any of them, for yourself have admitted to not consulting the Bible!

Wow. Just wow..

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How old are you?
Do your parents know you are on the internet?

Hahaha. Very funny indeed. Excellent humor. At least now I know
all Canadians stick together whether they are right or wrong!

My sister is a Canadian and I've never seen her family gang-up on another. Go figure.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Reactions: Helen and Jun2u

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I do not believe God created Angels in His likeness. WHY? Because the scriptures never say the Angels were created in God's image.
i guess spirits are manifested, and don't have personalities, as we like to believe. i actually started believing this conditionally in order to prove it wrong; but that was about ten years ago, and i haven't yet! The evidence has only piled up the more. Little kids and dogs are more sensitive to spirits (that adults manifest), but i guess somewhere along the road to "adulthood" we forget how to see in this way

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"What is man, that thou art mindful of him? ...
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour." (Psalm 8:4,5)

BobRyan

Jul 27, 2018
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a post I just read @Philip James said :-

It obviously made me smile....but then I thought...well is that at all possible?
If he repented could he be saved?

My first thought is...As the blood of Jesus was shed for mankind...then it is not possible.

Romans 3 says that everyone with a sinful nature (which we all have and so does the devil) does not have a nature that "seeks after God... no not one".

The solution to that problem is in the Holy Spirit who "convicts the WORLD of sin and righteousness and judgment" John 16 and in Christ who by His Spirit "draws all mankind unto Him" John 12:32.

Bottom line is that the devil is not being supernaturally drawn to God -- he is left only with his sinful nature.

In Romans 8:4-11 Paul says that those who are limited to their sinful nature alone "do not submit to the law of God neither indeed CAN they"

What is more in Hebrews 12 we find that "Esau failed to find a place for repentance though he sought for it with tears".

Those who live only in their sinful nature and who no longer have the drawing of the Holy Spirit -- prompting them to repent ... have no "other nature" that would "seek after God" which would lead them to repentance.