Is it right for a Christian to hold a Bible in one hand and a doobie in the other?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No more then drinking beer in my opinion, not that I have ever seen one drunk, but they may of been over the Australian limit to drive a car say of 0.05 but so what that means bugger all at 0.05 to most people who do drink.
So as to smoking weed well that depends on what type of weed they are smoking. even if I were to have a puff of a normal legal smokes that would blow me away for 5 min I would think, but back in the 1980s when I did smoke some dope leaf and tip of the day was nothing, you were not blown away but just happy like.
Their is a huge difference on what it is that you are smoking, but the question is why are you smoking ?
The crap that people smoke is rubbish nowadays I am sure, only to get smashed like a moron, but it does not have to be such rubbish.

Thank you for input...Here is the deal. I started this thread as a discussion. I am not looking to judge, not looking to play holier than thou. Or how powerful the pot is, I am not concerned with the grades. I am looking for useful information...the real...from real people. I understand the experience...and some of the why's, peer pressure, social acceptance...etc But I am looking for why they continue....is there a possibility of a happy ending. I get it a lot that people try to compare it to alcohol, it is not, other than of altered states. Alcohol does not have the culture or gang affiliation that drugs do. How many examples of life long or extend use scenarios do you have that end with a happy ending. And I am not really talking about hospice or cancer. Some example that a person with a family had a "normal life" that pot improved or even coexisted. Something along those lines.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for input...Here is the deal. I started this thread as a discussion. I am not looking to judge, not looking to play holier than thou. Or how powerful the pot is, I am not concerned with the grades. I am looking for useful information...the real...from real people. I understand the experience...and some of the why's, peer pressure, social acceptance...etc But I am looking for why they continue....is there a possibility of a happy ending. I get it a lot that people try to compare it to alcohol, it is not, other than of altered states. Alcohol does not have the culture or gang affiliation that drugs do. How many examples of life long or extend use scenarios do you have that end with a happy ending. And I am not really talking about hospice or cancer. Some example that a person with a family had a "normal life" that pot improved or even coexisted. Something along those lines.
The pot heads you are on about are the dregs I believe you are talking about. many people all the way to the top of society smoke pot from time to time.
What I have seen of pot from people I knew from my school days on is that only some people get involved in doing such in a stupid way. all for different reasons I believe as to why they take such. their is a % group of type of people who go on to other drugs if not did something other before.
There is a moronic response in Australia in regard to pot. they are in the main totally full of ignorance on the subject.
Before I had my first smoke I was totally against such as pot, it was equal to or just as other drugs I though, I was prejudice of all who smoked such, but then I found good people who you would never of known that such as they would smoke. I was thinking everyone was a lowlife who used such rubbish. I would say that people who smoke fags are the biggest idiots of all, I ask my self why did they take smoking up, you would have to be stupid.
My mum and dad were worried about lasing of dope being a problem that one may encounter by evil people to hook you on something other in the main. they were like don't go live at the Gold Coast drugs are down their. I never seen it once and I am not the type to fall for such things.
I believe only weak minded people get involved in stupid habits like smoking fags or anything other stupid vice, drinking like a moron ect.

There is a huge difference in the dope that was around in the 60's to the pathetic madness that they grow nowadays and this is a problem, I do not support the new age dope at all, it's bad, and if it's grown under lights it's bad news for ones mental health. all this stuff has to be stoped ! what the Law has been doing over the years is moronic, such is the wrong way to go about it, because it brings about every moronic intent, it feeds every stupid thing about such in all.
I believe one gets a licence to buy dope from Government supported retail, it's the only way to make the people grow up about the situation overall to make people responsible, the way it has been only feeds derelict behaviour.
I think that the Netherlands may have it in the bag.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that I support this, but if governments would legalize pot instead of making people buy black market pot it would be MUCH safer! It's total government hypocrisy to allow booze and not weed, IMHO. I mean REALLY, people are dying all over the place from drugs! As usual, government is the problem!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 4:46 (NKJV)
46 So Jesus came again to Cana of Galilee where He had made the water wine.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Drugs are about dulling life away so one can cope,
In many cases yes. But for me, no. I had a great life. I was single, had no debts, an awesome car to get to my regular surf spots some of which were the best in NZ. I had a good job with great money and no mental issues. I was smoking because I could. To try and make a good life even better. It was at that time that Jesus came into my life and filled all the expectations and shortcomings I was trying to fill with weed. I discovered that true happiness, real joy, consisted of.
There was a serious downside to the smoke. Paranoia. When I was stoned I kept wondering, do they know I'm stoned? I still can't get my head around what was going on inside my head. Guilt. Fear. But only when stoned. Perhaps next time, it'll be better. A lot of lying to myself. Thing is, I didn't need it to cope because life was okay. But it didn't make me as happy as I wanted it to either. Probably one reason I found it so easy to throw away...a heck of a lot easier than tobacco.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In many cases yes. But for me, no. I had a great life. I was single, had no debts, an awesome car to get to my regular surf spots some of which were the best in NZ. I had a good job with great money and no mental issues. I was smoking because I could. To try and make a good life even better. It was at that time that Jesus came into my life and filled all the expectations and shortcomings I was trying to fill with weed. I discovered that true happiness, real joy, consisted of.
There was a serious downside to the smoke. Paranoia. When I was stoned I kept wondering, do they know I'm stoned? I still can't get my head around what was going on inside my head. Guilt. Fear. But only when stoned. Perhaps next time, it'll be better. A lot of lying to myself. Thing is, I didn't need it to cope because life was okay. But it didn't make me as happy as I wanted it to either. Probably one reason I found it so easy to throw away...a heck of a lot easier than tobacco.
My experience was similar back in the 70's. I got extremely paranoid.

Reactions: Brakelite

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't exist in real life just as the alcoholic is in denial as to the damage caused to self and others through his abuse. Pot has no benefits for the recreational user except to check out, get high, stoned etc.... I still know people from my younger days who still use and I know firsthand what it has done to them. People sit around get high, talk about stupid things, laugh about garbage and eat when they are not even hungry to excess. Those are just a few of the stupid side effects not even considering what ingesting all that smoke into your body causes over time. There is no healthy smoke you can inhale that is beneficial, its hazardous to ones health. People can rationalize it until they are blue in the face but that fact is that it is the HIGH they are after.

If they were not after the high they would not do it just like the alcoholic does not buy non alcoholic beer or wine.

hope this helps !!!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't exist in real life just as the alcoholic is in denial as to the damage caused to self and others through his abuse.

Are you are saying that no normal life exist if you are smoking pot.

Those are just a few of the stupid side effects not even considering what ingesting all that smoke into your body causes over time.

And you are saying inhaling any smoke is harmful to your health.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you are saying that no normal life exist if you are smoking pot.

And you are saying inhaling any smoke is harmful to your health.
Inhaling any toxic carcinogen is bad for ones health. Depending one your source there are 60-400 in marijuana.

And yes I live in California and have had to stay inside many days because of the unhealthy air quality from all the fires.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, good post. If anybody has some experience with CBD....I would like to hear it.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spot on brother !

When I used to smoke back in the day I would look at my watch all the time because I knew it would take 2 hours like clock work to come down from the high where I felt I could be "normal" and no one would be able to tell I had smoked. so my paranoia was looking at my watch all the time and it would make people crack up at me for my paranoid behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No more then drinking beer in my opinion, not that I have ever seen one drunk, but they may of been over the Australian limit to drive a car say of 0.05 but so what that means bugger all at 0.05 to most people who do drink.
So as to smoking weed well that depends on what type of weed they are smoking. even if I were to have a puff of a normal legal smokes that would blow me away for 5 min I would think, but back in the 1980s when I did smoke some dope leaf and tip of the day was nothing, you were not blown away but just happy like.
Their is a huge difference on what it is that you are smoking, but the question is why are you smoking ?
The crap that people smoke is rubbish nowadays I am sure, only to get smashed like a moron, but it does not have to be such rubbish.
Why is the question? If one happened to be raised in a happy Christian home with 2 parents and all their needs met, then illegal drug use is a very stupid and harmful thing to do. Why would anyone want to do that to themselves?
On the other hand, we seem to be living in an increasingly broken world with increasingly broken people. When one is broken inside, they don't function well. So they use whatever crutch works for them. A drowning man will grab the closest thing to him that is floating.
Addicts don't abuse drugs, addicts abuse themselves in order to stop their inner pain for a bit. When the alternative is suicide I think it makes some sense.
Alternately we can give them all the dope they want. There'll be the inconvenience of stepping over bodies for a while but then there would be no more low-lives, right? W.W.J.D.?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago you had a few kids that had mental or behavioral problems and the same for young adult people. Mostly labelled as chemical imbalances. But I saw no behavioral health clinics or insurance. Now we have various types of bi-polar issues and high anxiety issues and learning disabilities and depression to the point of producing various chronic pain....fibromyalgia. Some of this maybe part of the difficulty with coping with life. What are your thoughts? Why are people having trouble coping with life?