Is it right for a Christian to hold a Bible in one hand and a doobie in the other?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Years ago you had a few kids that had mental or behavioral problems and the same for young adult people. Mostly labelled as chemical imbalances. But I saw no behavioral health clinics or insurance. Now we have various types of bi-polar issues and high anxiety issues and learning disabilities and depression to the point of producing various chronic pain....fibromyalgia. Some of this maybe part of the difficulty with coping with life. What are your thoughts? Why are people having trouble coping with life?
Many older folk, even though we have experienced much in life, have been slow cooked over time to the point we are less sensitive to the issues of the age. And we simply ignore what we know will trap us. Like tik tok and Instagram etc etc. And the news we take with a grain of salt knowing much of it is nothing more than a sales pitch for the network.
Someone however born into this age, millennials, have all this crap being unloaded on to of them in just a few short years without any preparation. Thus 'many hearts failing them for fear of what is coming upon the earth'. They panic at everything, buy into every rumor, embrace every negative prognostication... Such as climate change... And believe the world they've been born into is ending. And although maybe not for the reasons they are told, it is ending, but there's also hope. Which is why they need the gospel. They don't have hope, do they can't cope. Older folk either have hope, it they don't care... They've lived their life and are content for it to end. Younger people are despairing and are being sold broken bridges.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This seems to be a legitimate question. I run into it more and more and I think it is one of many topics that fuels hatred because those that indulge in recreational pharmaceuticals are tired of being looked down at. They want society to accept them as drug abusers, as a norm. And of course this goes on into other pervasive beliefs and activities.
What did JESUS say .
Before i answer that the answer is a resounding NO .
If i held the bible in one hand , and taught it , YET CONTRADICTED IT in how i myself live . WELL , paul , JESUS and the true ones
WOULD call that HYPROCRISY . Paul said , YE WHO teach men not to steal , YET DO YOU STEAL .
its called blind leaders of the blind .
JESUS told them , whatever the teach that bid and that do , BUT DO NOT DO AS THEY DO , for they say , AND YET DO NOT .
Yeah , i know i put it in modern english . BUT THE ANSWER to this op , IS HECK NO .
But i would run everyone or at least almost everyone off
IF i said something . OH , i may as well say it .
YE WHO TEACH that adultery is sin , YET DO YE REMARRY UNLAWFULLY ACCORDING TO JESUS WORDS .
THAT ought to put the fear of GOD in many folks . YE WHO say stealing is wrong , YET if your brother has need , DO YOU KEEP back .
OH dear . I can go on and on . WE NEED AN ALL OUT RETURN TO THE TRUE BIBICLAL JESUS . AND VERY FAST TOO .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man this next saying will destroy the false demonic and satanic prosperity gosple .
YE who teach , Gain as a mean of godliness and heap and steap up those riches upon earth .
HYPROCRISY and LIES . OH for where your treasures are , there is your heart . CANT BE ON EARTH and IN HEAVEN .
CANT serve MONEY and GOD TOO .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Man this next saying will destroy the false demonic and satanic prosperity gosple .
YE who teach , Gain as a mean of godliness and heap and steap up those riches upon earth .
HYPROCRISY and LIES . OH for where your treasures are , there is your heart . CANT BE ON EARTH and IN HEAVEN .
We can't serve two masters. Any addiction is a master. Politics is a master. Religion is a master. Christ must come first, and last, in everything.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something about the 70s strain? Or maybe that's a common side effect no-one wants to admit?
Actually, anxiety is a known side effect in some people. I had a friend in high school who was that way.

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why is the question? If one happened to be raised in a happy Christian home with 2 parents and all their needs met, then illegal drug use is a very stupid and harmful thing to do. Why would anyone want to do that to themselves?
On the other hand, we seem to be living in an increasingly broken world with increasingly broken people. When one is broken inside, they don't function well. So they use whatever crutch works for them. A drowning man will grab the closest thing to him that is floating.
Addicts don't abuse drugs, addicts abuse themselves in order to stop their inner pain for a bit. When the alternative is suicide I think it makes some sense.
Alternately we can give them all the dope they want. There'll be the inconvenience of stepping over bodies for a while but then there would be no more low-lives, right? W.W.J.D.?
Well I only tried the dope because I could not stand my work anymore, I thought if this is my lot I may as well be in jail or dead, so I thought to hell with it a mate was into it, so I went out with him. the reason why I drank on the weekend was the same thing so you had something to look forward to that was not hell. I was a slave and treated like such. good times drinking and smoking was the best times looking back.

I know miserable people who are in the dumps 24/7 even nowadays and I was like what the hell is your problem, your a bludger you have nothing to complain about, when I had time to myself I would sit back and look at the clouds, I loved seeing them and not have to work, it was valued time for me and I was so happy just not to slave all day. so being whipped all day and then having a brake from that was bliss.
People would say it's a nice day and I was like I have not even had time to look I am run off my feet going for it all day, no lunch brake you eat and drink when you can and get back into it. things are curing so you must act within it's time span.

I have seen lowlife's all they do is take advantage of all who are around them 24/7 it does not matter if they are rich or poor or whatever, it's the same. being punched in the face is the best thing for such people to snap them out of such a stupid outlook on life in taking advantage of people. you can not do such nowadays but you once could because it was man to man them days. it was like oh you want to play it that way do ya, well bang it's on. and he could go to the police and the police would disregard that person and say he got what was coming to him, he is a man and he will have to face up to such things like a man. put it down to experience and grow up and stop taking people like that. but nowadays it's not men it's queers and boys they are degenerate low life, not a man among them. cunning with no virtue. little boys brats playing games priding themselves on their malice using standover tactics as to the law, it's the same with criminals. there is no honour among such people, they sit back laughing when they have you legally over a barrel, they have set you up. I say one day you are going to come across the wrong man and they say directly back no I won't ! they know it could, just like a drug addict knows the game he is playing, so I say to people dealing in drugs, oh well you are in that game but you took it on, so what ever happens to you. don't think I will be sorry for you. If you want to run across the highway without looking so be it.
Now I feel sorry for them that they are possessed but noting I can do about such people, they are set in their ways, they are what's called winning getting on a high regardless of being on a drug or ripping off people, money for nothing is a high and once hooked. but I have no regard for Satanist I am not going to indorse them. they are marked men.

Reactions: Truman

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now what I am understanding here, you are against smoking pot.
Now put it in your own words, if I am wrong.
Now if you are talking to a Christian brother or sister what scripture are you going to site as to say that smoking pot is wrong or a sin.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Idiots are bored they say and so they go out and steal ect, well a Irish bloke tolled me he was in the IRA and he was made to dig a hole 6 days a week and on the 7th he filled it in. he learnt a lot that way he said.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I only tried the dope because I could not stand my work anymore, I thought if this is my lot I may as well be in jail or dead, so I thought to hell with it a mate was into it, so I went out with him. the reason why I drank on the weekend was the same thing so you had something to look forward to that was not hell. I was a slave and treated like such. good times drinking and smoking was the best times looking back.

I know miserable people who are in the dumps 24/7 even nowadays and I was like what the hell is your problem, your a bludger you have nothing to complain about, when I had time to myself I would sit back and look at the clouds, I loved seeing them and not have to work, it was valued time for me and I was so happy just not to slave all day. so being whipped all day and then having a brake from that was bliss.
People would say it's a nice day and I was like I have not even had time to look I am run off my feet going for it all day, no lunch brake you eat and drink when you can and get back into it. things are curing so you must act within it's time span.

I have seen lowlife's all they do is take advantage of all who are around them 24/7 it does not matter if they are rich or poor or whatever, it's the same. being punched in the face is the best thing for such people to snap them out of such a stupid outlook on life in taking advantage of people. you can not do such nowadays but you once could because it was man to man them days. it was like oh you want to play it that way do ya, well bang it's on. and he could go to the police and the police would disregard that person and say he got what was coming to him, he is a man and he will have to face up to such things like a man. put it down to experience and grow up and stop taking people like that. but nowadays it's not men it's queers and boys they are degenerate low life, not a man among them. cunning with no virtue. little boys brats playing games priding themselves on their malice using standover tactics as to the law, it's the same with criminals. there is no honour among such people, they sit back laughing when they have you legally over a barrel, they have set you up. I say one day you are going to come across the wrong man and they say directly back no I won't ! they know it could, just like a drug addict knows the game he is playing, so I say to people dealing in drugs, oh well you are in that game but you took it on, so what ever happens to you. don't think I will be sorry for you. If you want to run across the highway without looking so be it.
Now I feel sorry for them that they are possessed but noting I can do about such people, they are set in their ways, they are what's called winning getting on a high regardless of being on a drug or ripping off people, money for nothing is a high and once hooked. but I have no regard for Satanist I am not going to indorse them. they are marked men.

Are we going to blame all this on Satan? Maybe their parents? Stress? That is what I am talking about? My disability is that I cannot relate to most of this, and I am sure I am not alone. For those that cannot relate, I what to give the brothers and sisters a perspective into the real world of those that cannot cope or have different issues or why they have made those choices.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now if you are talking to a Christian brother or sister what scripture are you going to site as to say that smoking pot is wrong or a sin.
There are far greater sins than smoking pot my friend . And la madre negra de muerte y mintidas , does sit high on many lies .
Her name is the black mother of death and lies . AND MANY sit under her . MANY protestants too . GO ye and learn who this mother is .and flee her forever .

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad you're having a good day. Except I wasn't trying to be funny. I meant what I said.

The context of the story says otherwise, but that's okay. You can tell yourself what you want, just don't teach untruth. That's a no, no.

My friends, not many of you should become teachers. As you know, we teachers will be judged with greater strictness than others.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many older folk, even though we have experienced much in life, have been slow cooked over time to the point we are less sensitive to the issues of the age. And we simply ignore what we know will trap us. Like tik tok and Instagram etc etc. And the news we take with a grain of salt knowing much of it is nothing more than a sales pitch for the network.
Someone however born into this age, millennials, have all this crap being unloaded on to of them in just a few short years without any preparation. Thus 'many hearts failing them for fear of what is coming upon the earth'. They panic at everything, buy into every rumor, embrace every negative prognostication... Such as climate change... And believe the world they've been born into is ending. And although maybe not for the reasons they are told, it is ending, but there's also hope. Which is why they need the gospel. They don't have hope, do they can't cope. Older folk either have hope, it they don't care... They've lived their life and are content for it to end. Younger people are despairing and are being sold broken bridges.
It would be easy for me to say that every young person should go into the military. Not everyone will agree. Being old...still means we made it.
There is a lot going on now that is different and more of it. Now when I was dealing with the issues of my son's involvement in drugs, my niece from Daytona Florida came visiting. Her explanation was that living out in the woods (Mark Twain National Forest) that there was nothing to do.
So I told her that I grew up there and always found something to do. Hunting, fishing, camping, boating, four wheeling things around on my farm and others, building things...chasing girls. There is something going on now that, it does not matter if you are in the country or the city, the young folks do not want to find the good things to do, but the bad, that is what entertains them. So the question is why?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are far greater sins than smoking pot my friend . And la madre negra de muerte y mintidas , does sit high on many lies .
Her name is the black mother of death and lies . AND MANY sit under her . MANY protestants too . GO ye and learn who this mother is .and flee her forever .
Ok, so you are for smoking pot.
Ok, then biblicaally is it right or is it wrong....?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Love not the things of this world...
KJV Genesis 1:11-12
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Oh, wait...

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Spot on brother !

When I used to smoke back in the day I would look at my watch all the time because I knew it would take 2 hours like clock work to come down from the high where I felt I could be "normal" and no one would be able to tell I had smoked. so my paranoia was looking at my watch all the time and it would make people crack up at me for my paranoid behavior.
Grown under lights causes such paranoid ect, because it lacks a chemical balance that stops that.

Most Dope is rubbish, their is only one plant that stands above all the crap and it is purple, it's not about the high it's the quality of the high.
One has to learn how to smoke such. only idiots want to get smashed, it's the same with drinking, I ask why are they drinking like a idiot getting smashed. I did not drink to get smashed and I did not smoke to get smashed of my face. I do not like being out of control of myself or seeing others in such a state.

I have not smoked in 30 years and never took it up, it was just at times that I did smoke but I hate smoke even people smoking fags I hate such, my mum smokes fags and I do not want to be around her place because she smokes, it's like she lights up one and I am like I am out of here and she is like no don't go, well if you are going to strike up I am out of here. I hate it I can't stand it. a $80 a day habit she has, that's $80 for 50 smokes that it cost in Australia, in the USA I know it's cheap to by fags, but it's taxed like hell here.
I have never took up smoking fags as well because I hated my mum and dad smoking at home.
My mums life revolves all around smoking fags, that is the most important thing in her life.

If ever I was going to smoke it would be what was called purple heads, you do not cough at all and it's really nice taste and a good high. a mate grew that stuff.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It would be easy for me to say that every young person should go into the military. Not everyone will agree. Being old...still means we made it.
There is a lot going on now that is different and more of it. Now when I was dealing with the issues of my son's involvement in drugs, my niece from Daytona Florida came visiting. Her explanation was that living out in the woods (Mark Twain National Forest) that there was nothing to do.
So I told her that I grew up there and always found something to do. Hunting, fishing, camping, boating, four wheeling things around on my farm and others, building things...chasing girls. There is something going on now that, it does not matter if you are in the country or the city, the young folks do not want to find the good things to do, but the bad, that is what entertains them. So the question is why?
Maybe like I said earlier... The young folk are born into a different world. The world today has matured... Grown up. It has evolved and it's now the almost perfect vehicle for Satan for propaganda in inducing people into his kingdom. Even the so called right-wing conservative Christianity of today suits his purposes in continuing the same conflict between peoples, nations, tongues and tribes. I have been roundly castigated on this forum for daring to suggest that maybe neither political party has the answers and perhaps the current relationship between the church and the Republican party is not conducive to sound principles... Maybe it's even prophetically significant, and not in a good way. I wonder if the young folk recognise this but don't have the experience and clarity of mind to express what they are seeing and this unable to respond appropriately, so take up the alternative and join the opposition. Is that why socialist ideals are so attractive to the younger generation? They see the hypocrisy in capitalism? See a more lengthier and much more erudite article on my thinking here.. But not written by me.
Politics and Religion: The Diabolical Union Almost Nobody Sees Coming

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Grown under lights causes such paranoid ect, because it lacks a chemical balance that stops that.
All the weed I smoked was grown in the back yard. My friend and I had enough room for 16 plants all 6 foot high and trimmed so as not to peep over the fence at the neighbors. Naturally dried upside down in the shed, and cut up, packed on the kitchen table. I would then go to the local pub and dispose of bags at a price... My paranoia had nothing to do with fake lighting lol. But even when smoking alone on the beach, there was still that fear... Looking around wondering who was watching. Others would talk about the paranoia now and again, but in a manner that suggested they'd gotten over it. Not sure I believed them.