Is Jesus God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Jesus God?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
ATP,

I understand that Scripture teaches that:
  • The Father is God (Jn 6:27; Rm 1:7; Gal 1:1, 3, etc);
  • Jesus, the Son, is God (Mt 16:15; 22:41-46; Mk 12:35-37; Lk 20:41-44);
  • The Holy Spirit is God (Heb 9:14; 1 Cor 2:10-11; Jn 14:26; 16:12-13).
However, I don't understand your language that 'Jesus is deity of the Father'. In your understanding, are you saying that Jesus have a deity derived from the Father - 'deity of the Father'?
Yes, Jesus is deity of the Father, but Jesus is not the Father himself.
The Holy Trinity clearly speaks of three separate persons in one God.
Deity simply means "offspring" or "beget, begotten".
John 3:16 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP said:
John 3:16 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I don't know which dictionary you are reading, but 'deity' does not mean 'begotten'. It means 'god, goddess, Supreme Being' (dictionary.com).

I asked: 'I don't understand your language that "Jesus is deity of the Father". In your understanding, are you saying that Jesus has a deity derived from the Father - 'deity of the Father'?

'Begotten' does not have the same meaning as 'deity'.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
I don't know which dictionary you are reading, but 'deity' does not mean 'begotten'. It means 'god, goddess, Supreme Being' (dictionary.com).

I asked: 'I don't understand your language that "Jesus is deity of the Father". In your understanding, are you saying that Jesus has a deity derived from the Father - 'deity of the Father'?

'Begotten' does not have the same meaning as 'deity'.
In this case it does. The Holy Trinity clearly speaks of three separate persons. Jesus is not the Father of the Godhead. Yes, Jesus is one in deity with the Father, but he is not the Father. The deity of Christ is clear..

John 3:13 NIV No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.
John 10:29-30 NIV My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP said:
In this case it does. The Holy Trinity clearly speaks of three separate persons. Jesus is not the Father of the Godhead. Yes, Jesus is one in deity with the Father, but he is not the Father. The deity of Christ is clear..

John 3:13 NIV No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.
John 10:29-30 NIV My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”
You still are not dealing with the issue. What is the meaning of 'deity'? It does NOT mean 'begotten'. It means 'god, goddess, God, Supreme Being'.

Yes, the deity of Christ is clear (I provided biblical evidence for such) but 'Jesus is deity of the Father' is not the language of the NT. In fact, I find it to be confusing language.

Oz

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
Yes, the deity of Christ is clear (I provided biblical evidence for such) but 'Jesus is deity of the Father' is not the language of the NT. In fact, I find it to be confusing language.
It is the only language of the NT. What are you talking about. Why is it confusing to you.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP said:
It is the only language of the NT. What are you talking about. Why is it confusing to you.
If it is the only language of the NT, please provide the biblical evidence. It is 'confusing' language because I don't find such terminology in the NT that 'Jesus is deity of the Father'.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
If it is the only language of the NT, please provide the biblical evidence. It is 'confusing' language because I don't find such terminology in the NT that 'Jesus is deity of the Father'.
If Jesus isn't equal to the Father in deity, then who or what is he? John 10:30 NIV makes his deity clear.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP said:
If Jesus isn't equal to the Father in deity, then who or what is he? John 10:30 NIV makes his deity clear.
So is that what you mean by the language, "Jesus is deity of the Father"? It's rather confusing language because that is not the kind of language the NT uses. But if that is what you mean that both Jesus, the Son, and God the Father are both deity, I can accept that as NT teaching.

However, your statement back in #541 that Deity simply means "offspring" or "beget, begotten" is incorrect. Deity means 'god, goddess, God, Supreme Being'.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
So is that what you mean by the language, "Jesus is deity of the Father"? It's rather confusing language because that is not the kind of language the NT uses. But if that is what you mean that both Jesus, the Son, and God the Father are both deity, I can accept that as NT teaching.

However, your statement back in #541 that Deity simply means "offspring" or "beget, begotten" is incorrect. Deity means 'god, goddess, God, Supreme Being'.
It's not just NT teaching, it is the Word of God spoken through John. What I meant is "beget" is defined as "offspring". Sorry.

B

brakelite

Coll. 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Hebrews 1:1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.
Jesus is declared not only to be the Son, but also a Prince, who is to receive a kingdom. The Kingdom is given to Him by His Father, as a reward for His self sacrifice. In human terms the prince of a King is a fully fledged member of the royal family, an heir to the throne, thus making him of the same essence as the father, the king, yet not yet of equal authority. In Jesus case however, all authority was given to Jesus as a gift in order for Him to carry out His mission, prior to His receiving of the kingdom. As an aside, it is of great wonder that we, as adopted children, are co-heirs with Christ and will rule with Him. What a privilege!
As far as our redemption is concerned, it was essential that One, with equal authority and of the same essence of the Father, be sacrificed on our behalf, for only One greater than the law, that is the giver of the law, can atone for its transgression, the law being eternal and a transcript of the character of the law-maker. No created being could atone for the transgression of the law, for they must all be subject to that same law. Only One above the law could satisfy its demands. A divine Person, ie Christ.
I can understand the confusion of some who see in the scriptures, correctly, a clear distinction between He who is described as God, and the Son of God, Jesus. This clear distinction, and our recognition of it, is a salvific matter. However, the inability to reconcile that distinction with the idea that the Son is equally divine with the Father, making both distinct persons at the same time ‘God’, is understandable. After all, this distinction, yet at the same time the indivisibility, has been called a mystery since time began. But God does not ask us to understand, but believe. This belief is not a blind faith, for we do have evidence for that belief in the life of Christ, and in the scriptures. Either we take God at His word, or we don’t.
While there are several instances of Jesus’ claim to divinity, one that stands out for me was His words to the Samaritan woman at the well. In His desire to give her a true direction for her faith and worship, Jesus said:
“I am the resurrection and the Life.” In Christ is LIFE, original, not a gift fro His Father, but an integral part of His nature. Only God is truly and in every sense immortal. We can lay claim to immortality, but only in so much as it is a gift. “He that hath the Son hath LIFE.” The divinity, and the eternalness or immortality of Christ is the believers assurance of eternity, and his hope of a resurrection.
Another well known and often quoted example which cannot be ignored, is Jesus’ clear and utterly profound statement to the gathered members of the rulers and common folk alike, “Before Abraham was, I AM.” The rulers did not begin to look for rocks to throw without good reason. This name of God was given to Moses to express the idea of the eternal presence. Jesus was here claiming this name as His own. He was claiming to be the self-existent One, He who had been promised to Israel:
Ps 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
Finally, I will cite the following, and let all readers draw their own conclusions.
Re 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty
Re 1:11; Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea…
Re 1: 17; And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Re 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Re 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is not God, I am a Buddhist.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
OzSpen said:
Logabe,

Jesus is not the Father. He is the Son. To say that 'I and the Father are One' is not synonymous with 'I and the Father are the Same'. The Son and the Father are 2 persons of the Trinity.
Jesus was recognizing His Humanity when He said "I" and the Father (Spirit) is one. Why? Because the name of the Spirit
was Jesus. John 17:26 says,

26 and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so
that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

Question... what name did the Son of God make known? JESUS!!!

Jesus told His disciples to go into all of the world and preach the gospel, baptizing them in the name of the Father, in the
name of the Son and in the name of the Holy Ghost. Fifty days later Peter disobeyed His direct command and baptized the
people, all of them IN THE NAME OF JESUS , or did he?

No... Peter knew the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost and in Acts 2:38, he commanded them to be baptized
in that NAME for the remission of their sins in order to make it legal in the heavenly court.

Can I get a second witness. Philip went to Samaria and did the same thing. He disobeyed Jesus' direct command and baptized
in the name of JESUS (Acts 8:16), or did he?

Give me a third witness. Paul... surely Paul didn't make the same mistake, did he? Yep. Acts 19:5 says,

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

My point is, all the disciples understood His statement in Matthew 28:19 to mean that the three offices were referring to one
deity, and that deity was named Jesus. In other words, the Father became the Son or the Spirit became flesh. So this revelation
inspired Isaiah to write in Isa. 9:6,

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government
shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful,
Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I guess Paul summed it up when he spoke to Timothy saying in 1st Timothy 2:5-6,

5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the
man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper
time.

What does the name Jesus mean? Salvation. God became our salvation by becoming a man so He could die for our
sins. That was the plan of God. That man was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death. God
can't die, but He can place Himself into a lower form for the purpose of His Plan and that is exactly what He done.
Isa. 12:2 says

2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord
Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Did you get that? Read it again.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

Reactions: whitestone

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Jesus is my God. He is my Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, my Wonderful Counsellor. He is my Peace. My King.

He is everything. Every thing. To me. Beside Him, I worship no other, for there is no other Holy One than Jesus.

He is my All in All.

Jesus is all they said He would be :)

(Isa 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
logabe said:
Jesus was recognizing His Humanity when He said "I" and the Father (Spirit) is one. Why? Because the name of the Spirit
was Jesus. John 17:26 says,

26 and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so
that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

Question... what name did the Son of God make known? JESUS!!!

Jesus told His disciples to go into all of the world and preach the gospel, baptizing them in the name of the Father, in the
name of the Son and in the name of the Holy Ghost. Fifty days later Peter disobeyed His direct command and baptized the
people, all of them IN THE NAME OF JESUS , or did he?

No... Peter knew the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost and in Acts 2:38, he commanded them to be baptized
in that NAME for the remission of their sins in order to make it legal in the heavenly court.

Can I get a second witness. Philip went to Samaria and did the same thing. He disobeyed Jesus' direct command and baptized
in the name of JESUS (Acts 8:16), or did he?

Give me a third witness. Paul... surely Paul didn't make the same mistake, did he? Yep. Acts 19:5 says,

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

My point is, all the disciples understood His statement in Matthew 28:19 to mean that the three offices were referring to one
deity, and that deity was named Jesus. In other words, the Father became the Son or the Spirit became flesh. So this revelation
inspired Isaiah to write in Isa. 9:6,

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government
shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful,
Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I guess Paul summed it up when he spoke to Timothy saying in 1st Timothy 2:5-6,

5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the
man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper
time.

What does the name Jesus mean? Salvation. God became our salvation by becoming a man so He could die for our
sins. That was the plan of God. That man was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death. God
can't die, but He can place Himself into a lower form for the purpose of His Plan and that is exactly what He done.
Isa. 12:2 says

2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord
Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Did you get that? Read it again.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe
Yes, of course, Amen.

The Name of the;

Father/Son/Holy Spirit = Lord/Jesus/Christ

Jesus Is the Husband of the New Covenant. He Father's Children of Abraham by His Wife, the New Jerusalem Church. (read the new testament for that) We are Married to Him. (also the new testament message). That which is produced in our Marriage is "Christ in us" the Son of God. (The entire new testament message...)

Oh the beauty and simplicity in Christ!

Joh_14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Its simple, Brother. The trinity simply breaks down the "3 in 1" concept. He is GOD. He is God the Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit.. 3 in 1. the Word became flesh... Christ on earth. God's son but God non-the-less. Did I muddy the waters for you? :p

Amberly1

Jul 20, 2015
Colossians 2:8-10King James Version (KJV)
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Below is an excerpt from one of my books, which explains the "oneness of God" in Jesus Christ:
[SIZE=14pt]Much of the Holy Bible is written in parables. Just as Jesus spoke in parables so that only those whose hearts were prepared to receive it would understand His meaning, so is the Holy Bible written in a manner which requires divine revelation so that only those whose hearts are prepared will receive it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Consider the verse used as the basis for popular Christianity:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]First, note that it says should not perish. It does not say that they would not or will not perish. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Second, note that it says believeth. The suffix –eth means to continue in. To continue in belief is to believe continually. To believe something continually is to act upon it purposefully. If you believe your house is on fire, you will not simply believe; rather, you will act upon your belief purposefully. You might call 911. You might run out of the house. You might use your fight extinguisher, but you would not simply stand still, do nothing, or go about your regular business as usual. Nevertheless, this is the way of many who refer to this verse. They tell themselves that they believe, but they put no action behind their belief because they interpret the scripture the easy way and do nothing more than to “believe.” Such inaction is commonly referred to as “easy believism.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What is it to believeth? Take John 3:16 in context:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What need is there to believe or to be saved? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And forgive thy people that have sinned against thee, and all their transgressions wherein they have transgressed against thee, and give them compassion before them who carried them captive, that they may have compassion on them. 1 Kings 8:50. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. Romans 5:12. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Yet, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Romans 5:19. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The gospel (contained in the Books Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) reveals the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the son of God as a conduit to save those who are lost in sin. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Why did he have to die? The shedding of blood was required for the remission (the washing away) of sins. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. Hebrews 9:22. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Why would God love the world? Because:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]God is love (1 John 4:8).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Because He created the world (Genesis 1). Because He created man in his own image and likeness: [/SIZE]
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:27.

[SIZE=14pt]Because He identifies with us because He feels or has felt all of the feelings that we feel or have felt:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:15. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]But if God loved the world so much, why would He sacrifice His son instead of sacrificing himself? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]God did sacrifice himself:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]To wit (or to know), that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:19. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Consider that every time the Bible refers to the Son of God, the man Jesus Christ, the reference is to the physical body of God, the flesh of God. For,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]God is a Spirit (John 4:24).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]God had no flesh until he overshadowed Mary and she became expecting with child: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And the angel answered and said unto her, [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]So the Holy Ghost is the Father of Jesus. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Yet, the child is also called the Father:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The Spirit of God came in the form of man. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:19-21. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]To believeth means to believe in the name of the son, to come to the light, to discontinue evil, and to perform deeds that are of God. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What is the name of the Son? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Jesus.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What is it to come to the light?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What are the deeds wrought in God (or, what must I do to be saved)? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Is baptism necessary? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Yes. Baptism is for the remission of sins, as stated in Acts 2:38 above. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 3:21. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]In what name should I be baptized or, does the name in which I am baptized matter? Yes. In Acts, 2:38, Peter said to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Is this a contradiction to Matthew 28:19?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 28:19. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]No, there is no contradiction. When Jesus told his disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, he was speaking discreetly to those who knew the name of which he was speaking. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]When prepositional phrases are used, the sentence will keep its meaning when the prepositional phrases are removed. Jesus’ statement could have been: baptizing them in the name. One name. It does not say names, but name, singular. There is only one name in which to be baptized:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What is the name? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Jesus. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]So the name of the son is Jesus. What is the name of the Father? It is Jesus:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. John 10:25. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What is the name of the Holy Ghost? It is Jesus: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Why is it so important to be baptized in Jesus Name as opposed to the titles Father, Son, and Holy Ghost? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]It is important to know in whom you believe:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord (one name) shall be saved.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher (wise counselor)?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:8-17. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]What is the greatest commandment? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:4. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Is there a Trinity? Not at all. The Trinity is a misunderstanding, a misinterpretation of the scriptures which resulted in false doctrine perpetuated from generation to generation. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]To state God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost depicts three separate co-equal, co-eternal beings with divided power, e.g. three Gods, three thrones. There is only one God. The text of the Holy Bible makes absolutely no reference to the word Trinity. Although it may have been inscribed in the preceding and succeeding explanations of the text, those were man’s explanations, not God’s.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If any portion of the truth remains a mystery, then either the individual has not arrived at the full truth, or the individual has misunderstood so that there remains a portion of the truth that is still a mystery to him. At this point, when such an individual is asked to explain the truth, he can explain as much of the truth as he has attained to the point of explanation at which he arrives at the mysterious portion and can explain no further. At this point, if he is unwise, he throws his hands into the air and states, “It is a mystery! Who can know it?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Such is the case with those who try to explain the false doctrine of the Trinity. They may say that God is like an egg, having three parts, a shell, a yolk, and a white. If this is true, which part of the egg is the Father? Which part is the Son? Which part is the Holy Ghost? Would not this make three separate personalities? Three separate Gods? But there are not three separate Gods:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Deuteronomy 6:4.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]This is the most important revelation of the entire Holy Bible: that there is only one God, and that His name is Jesus. It was so important to God that the people knew who He was that it was the opening declaration of the Ten Commandments, and the opening and closing revelations of the Book of Revelation:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The words of Jesus are denoted in red. Jesus is the Almighty God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Revelation 1:12-13.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Paul explained the “mystery” very clearly so that there is no mystery at all: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Of what value is an egg shell in and of itself? Of what value is an egg white in and of itself? Of what value is an egg yolk in and of itself? The "egg" doctrine is confusing. Satan is the author of confusion.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]If Jesus’s physical body was the shell, it is true that the body was the flesh of God, but how differentiate the Holy Ghost from the Father, seeing that they are one? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Indeed, the Holy Ghost is the Father. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Yet, again, the child is the Father:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]33 God is not the author of confusion, but of peace. 1 Corinthians 14:33. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If a trinity, to which part or “person” of God would one pray? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. Matthew 6:6. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Matthew 6:9. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. Revelation 8:4. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Paul said,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Chris. 1 Thessalonians 5:23. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]So our great God and Savior is Jesus Christ. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Again, if God and Jesus are separate, is God the Savior, or is Jesus the Savior? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Mary said, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior. Luke 1:47. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. Deuteronomy 4:39. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]There is only one Savior and God. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord. Deuteronomy 6:4. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Paul had not always the revelation of the Oneness of God in Jesus Christ. He had the revelation of the Oneness of God on the road to Damascus:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord (Jehovah)? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. Acts 9:4-6. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Paul wrote the Book of Timothy (as cited above) explaining “the mystery” AFTER he had his revelation of the Oneness of God: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]How many sit on the throne? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And immediately I (John) was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. Revelation 4:2. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Jesus[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? John 14:9. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]As you know, Dear Friend, Jesus gave many warnings saying, Be not deceived:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. Luke 21:8. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]9 For in him (in Jesus) dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power. Colossians 2:9-10. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What if an individual was baptized in the titles Father, Son, and Holy Ghost and not in the name of Jesus. Does he need to be re-baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus? Yes. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]He (Paul) said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Acts 19:2-5. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus. Colossians 3:17. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The power is in the taking on of the name Jesus, for there is power in the name of Jesus:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. Acts 4:6-10. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. Acts 19:2-6. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed (believeth)? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]How would you know whether you have received the Holy Ghost unless you bore the same evidence as those who received the Holy Ghost as recorded in the Holy Bible? If you will notice in the Book of Acts, any time someone received the Holy Ghost it was recognized by the evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of God gave the utterance. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Acts 10:45-46.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]There is plenty of evidence to be had that the Holy Bible is true, Dear Friend. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What other evidence is there? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews: 11:1. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]And there were witnesses:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. Isaiah 43:10.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. John 3:11. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]But God raised him from the dead:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people. Acts 13:30-31. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]And there were (many witnessed) miracles that prove the Holy Bible true: Numbers 14:22; John 2:11 as examples. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]In the Holy Bible, is there any reference that you must accept the Lord as your personal savior in order to be saved? Not one. But there are many references to the Lord either rejecting or accepting individuals, and individuals are charged with:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. Ephesians 5:10.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]What does an individual need to do to be saved? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Repent, be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]To read the entire Book of Acts is suggested. The receipt of the Holy Ghost is the infilling of your body, your vessel, with the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Ghost is the resurrection power of God. It is the power to live above sin and the power to get to Heaven. Living above sin and getting to the desirable destination, Heaven, cannot be accomplished without it:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Romans 8:9. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Unfortunately, on the judgement day, many who thought they were saved will not be saved:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7: 21-23. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Could it be that they would have failed to be baptized in His saving name? Could it be that might have failed to believeth in His name? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment (the Holy Ghost):[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 22:10-17. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Indeed, even the devils believe in His name, yet they are not saved:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. James 2:19. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Being saved takes much more than to just to believe. One must believeth. In order to be saved, an individual must repent, be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, receive the Holy Ghost, and believeth, following Jesus in the way by walking in the Spirit and not after the flesh. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]If you do these things and walk after the Spirit and not after the Flesh, you will prevail in the fight to get to heaven. Paul said "I have fought a good fight." [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:11-13. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What is the armor of God?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh. Ephesians 6:14-18. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]How powerful are these spiritual weapons in fighting the enemy?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong-holds;)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What does it mean to repent? In some militaries, to repent means to do an about-face. It means to turn around and go in the opposite direction. To repent means to change your mind, your perspective. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]To repent is to discontinue the sins of alcohol, drugs, illicit sexual activity, and all of the other sins mentioned in previous chapters. To discontinue these things without the assistance of God is difficult, but with God, all things are possible. Matthew 19:26. If you will Trust in God and obey His Word, God will be your comforter so that you will no longer need to seek comfort in the things of the world:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]To repent is to walk away from the things of the world:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 2 Corinthians 6:17. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine. Leviticus 20:26. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. 1 Peter 1:16. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Of course, you have to live in the world for the present time, but, once you obey Acts 2:38, you will be in the world, but no longer of the world, for, spiritually, you will be operating in a new realm, the Kingdom of God. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]You can be baptized in Jesus name at a Jesus Name Apostolic Pentecostal Church near you. At such a church, you will find strong spiritual leadership that will help you fight and win the battle. You will find wise counsel. You will develop wise associations. You will become increasingly wise. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]You will have a close relationship with the Lord. He will be a friend that sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24). He will answer your prayers. He will fill the longing of your soul. He will bring you true happiness and unspeakable joy. 1 Peter 1:8.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]When you receive the Holy Ghost, your life will change dramatically for the better, for the Holy Ghost will give you the power to live above sin, the control over your flesh that you lacked while you were under the control of the enemy. Having received a new Spirit, you will become a different person, and everyone you know will see and recognize the change in your life. You will no longer go where you used to go. You will no longer do many of the unproductive things you used to do. You will change your associations so that you are not influenced by negative influences but you are influenced by positive (wise) influences. Your behavior will improve. Your speech will improve. You will not dress the same as you have dressed in the past, but will dress modestly and respectfully bringing dignity to yourself and showing respect to others. The change in your life and your good conduct will influence others to become wise. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]In the end, you will hear those much desired words: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Matthew 25:23. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of the Lord. [/SIZE]

Recommended reading along a similar line within the context of an inspiring testimony: I used the pen name Anna Nemus to write this book.

Enjoy!

Amberly

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amberly, welcome to the forums. We look forward to more of you posts. However, please refrain from long cut and paste posts as most members on here will not bother with reading them if they are too long and this will hinder the discussion and you may not get replies to your post.

Welcome Again!

BA

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Born_Again said:
Amberly, welcome to the forums. We look forward to more of you posts. However, please refrain from long cut and paste posts as most members on here will not bother with reading them if they are too long and this will hinder the discussion and you may not get replies to your post.

Welcome Again!

BA
Thanks BA for that recommendation.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It troubles me that the concept of the Trinity is often rejected based on its complexity. Chess is a simple game to learn, but competency takes a lifetime.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
God and Jesus' identification are not complicated, people make complicated.

blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.