Is Jesus the End of the Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Until relatively recently in church history, people came to Jesus, were drawn to Jesus, through preachers who actually knew their Bibles, and what was meant by scriptures such the one alluded to in the OP,

KJV Romans 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

They knew what was meant by not only that verse, but other verses which they compared to it, doing what Paul taught the church to do...

KJV 2 Timothy 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

They didn't ignore or cast aside those verses which others didn't like. Oh no, in fact it was those very verses that others didn't like which led to Jesus, and the grace and mercy they needed for salvation.
What verses are you talking about BL you ask? We love all the scriptures in the bible, you say, so what do you mean, the verses others don't like? Well, said BL, verses that inform us that the law hasn't been done away with... The very law that convicts sinners of sin, and whereby the holy Spirit leads sinners to repentance. Preachers, from the time of Acts, and except for one church which shall remain nameless, throughout the dark ages the gospel and the law were taught and harmonized by numerous pastors and evangelists and missionaries, and that was how people were led to salvation... They were taught that Jesus was the end purpose... Target.... Objective of the law. Jesus was the purpose. The raison d'étre for the entire Jewish economy including the law, the theocracy, the government, the priesthood, the sanctuary and it's services and the annual Sabbaths. Everything, literally, pointed to Jesus... And Jesus didn't put an end to the law, He was the end purpose of the law... He fulfilled it. That doesn't mean He made the law go away, nor does it mean that humans are no longer required to obey it. Consider they following....

KJV Romans 8:3-4
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

KJV 2 Corinthians 8:9
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich .

KJV Genesis 15:6
6 And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness .

KJV 1 John 3:8
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

KJV Romans 6:4-12
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

KJV Hebrews 13:20-21
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

KJV Revelation 19:7-8
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

KJV Romans 13:8-10
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

KJV Ephesians 4:11-13
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

The Ten Commandment law of God remains, and mankind is still obligated to obey... Including Christians. But the very law we are called to obey, stands as a witness that in and of ourselves, such obedience is impossible. Therefore the purpose of the law is accomplished. It reveals our sinfulness, and our hopelessness. Therefore we are directed to the Lawgiver, than in Him we may find the help we need, and Jesus Himself demonstrated that as a man united to divinity, it is possible to obey the law in every respect. Such power, such ability, came at a cost. The precious blood of the Lamb of God. But through His blood, through House sacrifice on Calvary, God has made it possible for us to partake of the divine nature, and grow up into perfection... The very perfection of the Son of God, for we are recreated day by day, from glory to glory, into the stature and fullness of Christ. Recreated in His image. This is not accomplished by our own weak pathetic efforts. Not at all. For without Him we can do nothing. But in Christ all things are possible. And we are to receive this power by faith. Righteousness by faith. Filled with the Spirit of God, bearing fruit ready for the harvest, ripe and full, filled with the love of God for even our enemies, and thereby we fulfill the law.
Many say we cannot obey all of God Commandments. And they are right. But we are dead, and it is Christ who lives and loves in us. That my friends is the gospel. That is what the great preachers of centuries past all preached. A harmony between law and grace. The law isn't removed, but every impediment to our obeying the law is. Our selfishness. Our carnal nature. Our bigotry and prejudice. Our inborn natural inclinations to only do the bare minimum and trust in our presumptions and the affirmations of those like minded individuals who discard the law and teach others to do the same. Then have the audacity to claim the law is now gone, and because sin is only manifest by the law, then we cannot sin.
What blasphemy to cast aside God's government and the law which underpins His own character. Let me remind you...
Love is the fulfilling of the law... Christ accomplishes in us the righteousness of the law that our carnal natures failed to do. Perfect obedience.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:1 - Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until relatively recently in church history, people came to Jesus, were drawn to Jesus, through preachers who actually knew their Bibles, and what was meant by scriptures such the one alluded to in the OP,

KJV Romans 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

They knew what was meant by not only that verse, but other verses which they compared to it, doing what Paul taught the church to do...

KJV 2 Timothy 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

They didn't ignore or cast aside those verses which others didn't like. Oh no, in fact it was those very verses that others didn't like which led to Jesus, and the grace and mercy they needed for salvation.
What verses are you talking about BL you ask? We love all the scriptures in the bible, you say, so what do you mean, the verses others don't like? Well, said BL, verses that inform us that the law hasn't been done away with... The very law that convicts sinners of sin, and whereby the holy Spirit leads sinners to repentance. Preachers, from the time of Acts, and except for one church which shall remain nameless, throughout the dark ages the gospel and the law were taught and harmonized by numerous pastors and evangelists and missionaries, and that was how people were led to salvation... They were taught that Jesus was the end purpose... Target.... Objective of the law. Jesus was the purpose. The raison d'étre for the entire Jewish economy including the law, the theocracy, the government, the priesthood, the sanctuary and it's services and the annual Sabbaths. Everything, literally, pointed to Jesus... And Jesus didn't put an end to the law, He was the end purpose of the law... He fulfilled it. That doesn't mean He made the law go away, nor does it mean that humans are no longer required to obey it. Consider they following....

KJV Romans 8:3-4
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

KJV 2 Corinthians 8:9
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich .

KJV Genesis 15:6
6 And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness .

KJV 1 John 3:8
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

KJV Romans 6:4-12
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

KJV Hebrews 13:20-21
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

KJV Revelation 19:7-8
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

KJV Romans 13:8-10
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

KJV Ephesians 4:11-13
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

The Ten Commandment law of God remains, and mankind is still obligated to obey... Including Christians. But the very law we are called to obey, stands as a witness that in and of ourselves, such obedience is impossible. Therefore the purpose of the law is accomplished. It reveals our sinfulness, and our hopelessness. Therefore we are directed to the Lawgiver, than in Him we may find the help we need, and Jesus Himself demonstrated that as a man united to divinity, it is possible to obey the law in every respect. Such power, such ability, came at a cost. The precious blood of the Lamb of God. But through His blood, through House sacrifice on Calvary, God has made it possible for us to partake of the divine nature, and grow up into perfection... The very perfection of the Son of God, for we are recreated day by day, from glory to glory, into the stature and fullness of Christ. Recreated in His image. This is not accomplished by our own weak pathetic efforts. Not at all. For without Him we can do nothing. But in Christ all things are possible. And we are to receive this power by faith. Righteousness by faith. Filled with the Spirit of God, bearing fruit ready for the harvest, ripe and full, filled with the love of God for even our enemies, and thereby we fulfill the law.
Many say we cannot obey all of God Commandments. And they are right. But we are dead, and it is Christ who lives and loves in us. That my friends is the gospel. That is what the great preachers of centuries past all preached. A harmony between law and grace. The law isn't removed, but every impediment to our obeying the law is. Our selfishness. Our carnal nature. Our bigotry and prejudice. Our inborn natural inclinations to only do the bare minimum and trust in our presumptions and the affirmations of those like minded individuals who discard the law and teach others to do the same. Then have the audacity to claim the law is now gone, and because sin is only manifest by the law, then we cannot sin.
What blasphemy to cast aside God's government and the law which underpins His own character. Let me remind you...
Love is the fulfilling of the law... Christ accomplishes in us the righteousness of the law that our carnal natures failed to do. Perfect obedience.

Try as some might, you just can’t mix Works and Grace—- it’s like trying to mix water and oil—- it can’t happen,and God won’t have it....

Roman’s 11:6 makes it clear......
“And If it be by Grace, it is no longer by Works, otherwise Grace is no longer Grace”

RESTING in the Grace of God is everything.Do that and as God said way back in Ezekiel 36:24.....” I will *CAUSE* you to obey my Commandments”....

Not that it matters a whit for Salvation, but I do a better job of keeping the Law when I stop worrying about it....I do what I want and God TRANSFORMS those “ wants” and they line- up with His...

I REST in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 ( as Ordered in Hebrews 4 ) which is Resting in the Finished Work Of The Cross , I stop worrying about the Law that I am “ Dead” to , and “FIND MYSELF” keeping it despite myself....

The Righteous do NOT live by trying to keep an impossible system of Laws....” Neither WE nor our Fathers could Keep Them “ , lamented Paul....Never Forget— “ The RIGHTEOUS shall *LIVE* by Faith”....

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Try as some might, you just can’t mix Works and Grace—- it’s like trying to mix water and oil—- it can’t happen,and God won’t have it....

Roman’s 11:6 makes it clear......
“And If it be by Grace, it is no longer by Works, otherwise Grace is no longer Grace”

RESTING in the Grace of God is everything.Do that and as God said way back in Ezekiel 36:24.....” I will *CAUSE* you to obey my Commandments”....

Not that it matters a whit for Salvation, but I do a better job of keeping the Law when I stop worrying about it....I do what I want and God TRANSFORMS those “ wants” and they line- up with His...

I REST in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 ( as Ordered in Hebrews 4 ) which is Resting in the Finished Work Of The Cross , I stop worrying about the Law that I am “ Dead” to , and “FIND MYSELF” keeping it despite myself....

The Righteous do NOT live by trying to keep an impossible system of Laws....” Neither WE nor our Fathers could Keep Them “ , lamented Paul....Never Forget— “ The RIGHTEOUS shall *LIVE* by Faith”....
You really do have a mixed understanding of grace and law and works. Jesus Himself said, quote, without Me ye can do nothing.
I would suggest that even refraining from stealing, from murder, covetousness, from idolatry, and actively observing Sabbath, none of those things, in other words obedience, can be accomplished by anything other than grace. That is how grace and law are in harmony. To deny this is deliberate blindness and bigotry.

Reactions: robert derrick

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 10:1 - Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Yes, and....? I quoted that verse above. What is it you are suggesting by doing so again?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled...said 'It is finished': and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost." (John 19:28-30)
So in that sense it's the end of the law, signed sealed and delivered..:)

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone is still an unrighteous sinner and transgressor of His law, then He still knows they are of the devil.
I’m a “Righteous” Sinner......* MADE* Righteousness by my Faith in Jesus to Save me...

Being a righteous sinner is delusional and oxymoronic. Unrighteous sinner is Scripture.

All unrighteousness is sin.

You are a Sinner too, btw.....best do like I did and go get you some Grace ...

Speak for yourself sinner.

I don't want your grace to keep sinning by grace.

I need God's grace not to be sinning against Him.

A Saved man knows that The Law can only Condemn, because nobody can ever keep it.....

For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Jesus' law is His word. Only doers are justified by Jesus. There are no justified not doers.

A sinner man knows he is not doing Jesus' law nor His word.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

So, enough with the ideology talk: what of these are you not able to keep?

How about this one? My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

So sinner, what unrighteousness of the devil you been doing against God lately?

Or are you all just full of grace talk?

Reactions: Wynona

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Saved man knows that The Law can only Condemn, because nobody can ever keep it.....

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

A sinner man only knows the law condemns him.

.he knows that it does not Save Him.....

Neither the law nor the word of Christ saves anyone, until they receive Him to do His law and word righteously.

Unrighteous sinners and transgressors saved by grace, That is what the world rightly scoffs at, and gives occasion to blaspheme the cross and blood of the Lamb.

he Law, properly used , just shows how you can't keep it and it “ takes you by the hand” and leads you to Christ.....THEN you get the Holy Spirit to Guide you and who needs the Law at THAT point? Why settle for second best? The Holy Spirit will transform you from the inside out—- something That the Law could Never do....

Proper use of the law is to teach what is written, and not the commandments and traditions of men.

Doing away with and 'rising above' the law, is for sinners who want nothing to do with the law of Christ.

His law is not ended in Him, but only seeking to do His law without His Spirit, comes to an end in Him.

Those transgressing His law have nothing to do with Him at all.

Spiritualized sinners think they have risen above all that law doing stuff.

Faith in Jesus is declaring we cannot possibly do His law without Him and His grace.

Delusion is thinking we don't need to do His law, because we are now with Him by grace.

Transgressors of Jesus' law are not walking with Jesus. Period.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe OSAS is the free-sex hippies turned christian, to preach free sin by grace.

Therefore the purpose of the law is accomplished. It reveals our sinfulness, and our hopelessness. Therefore we are directed to the Lawgiver, than in Him we may find the help we need, and Jesus Himself demonstrated that as a man united to divinity, it is possible to obey the law in every respect. Such power, such ability, came at a cost. The precious blood of the Lamb of God. But through His blood, through House sacrifice on Calvary, God has made it possible for us to partake of the divine nature, and grow up into perfection... The very perfection of the Son of God, for we are recreated day by day, from glory to glory, into the stature and fullness of Christ. Recreated in His image. This is not accomplished by our own weak pathetic efforts. Not at all. For without Him we can do nothing. But in Christ all things are possible. And we are to receive this power by faith. Righteousness by faith. Filled with the Spirit of God, bearing fruit ready for the harvest, ripe and full, filled with the love of God for even our enemies, and thereby we fulfill the law.

Excellent. The reformation of Jesus is to purify by Himself within us, that we may have power to become sons of God and do His law righteously, and not in letter only, always falling short by weakness of our own will alone:

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

He gives His law to show no man can keep His law without Him.

The law is for running the race lawfully.

The law is not removed, so that we can run the race unlawfully 'by grace'.

Jesus comes with grace and truth to run the race lawfully unto the end.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled...said 'It is finished': and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost." (John 19:28-30)
For where no law is, there is no transgression.

Since the law of Christ is ended, there is no more sinning and transgressing against Him.

Have at it. You're home free.

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

I'm just wondering why those believe the law is ended, keep calling themselves sinners?

How can anyone be a sinner against Christ, if He has no more law to sin against?

If anyone preaches the law of Jesus is ended, and yet call themselves sinners against Jesus, then they do not believe their own teaching.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have at it. You're home free.

Thanks for reminding me of what I already knew......Christianity 101—Jesus died for my Sins— If That is True, and Jesus Died for All Of my Sins, that means there is NO SIN that I can be condemned for...

Theoretically, I could sin all that I want to and “ still” make it to Heaven.....my sins have been paid for at the Cross—- how about yours?

A crazy thing happened to me after I got Saved....The second that I discovered that I could Sin all I “ WANT” was the very same second that because of my NEW HEART , I didn’t actually “ WANT” to Sin anymore......That was a new revelation for me , but something tells me that God knew all along that that would be the Positive Reaction to His Grace.....

Perhaps you fail to understand this because God’s Grace has not been extended to you.....that’s a Scary thought.....

I do what I “WANT” .....and because I REST in The Gospel Of Grace ( 1Cor15:1-4 ) , God has changed and continues to change my “ WANTS”......

Because I am a “ New Creation”, the very thought of Sin is sickening to me.....The Sins that I used to live for, now give me the same pleasure as sticking my hand in a fire.....On the occasions that I “ DO” Stumble, even though Grace has it covered from a Salvation viewpoint , God chastises me for my Sins here in my Earthly existence....and in the same way that I chastise “ my” children, God does it for my own good...

These days, when I sin, I do the same thing with it that God does —- I put it in The Cross ! And then , once again, Just like God does—— I FORGET about it! “ Your Sins I will Remember NO MORE!”.....

Please tell me....what has God done with all of “ your” Sins ?

You think as the unsaved World thinks.....” If All Of our sins were ever Forgiven , all HELL would break loose!” Saved people know it’s just the opposite .....knowing I can Sin and never be damned makes me want to Sin less....Christianity is crazy like that....

Reactions: Lizbeth

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you claiming that works are not the direct result of God working in they individual to reflect God's own character to the world? What else is this other than grace?????

I am talking about Salvation....I am referring to those that believe that even though the Shed Blood Of Jesus might be “ESSENTIAL” for Salvation, it is just not “ ADEQUATE” for that Salvation —— We must ADD to the Gospel Of Grace....we must do “ our part” —-go to church, pay tithes, do the Sacraments, Repent Of all of our sins before we die, completely avoid “ willful sins”, get water - baptized, obey the Ten Commandments, live by the Sermon on the Mount.....you name it .....the thinking behind it is all the same—- Jesus needs a “ Co- Savior” and that guy would be me!

Sorry, but when it comes to Salvation ( and some of those things I mentioned are good things to do!), the Old Hymn nailed it many years ago—- it really “IS” * NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD*......That is the Gospel ......ADD to it at your own risk...Galatians calls it “ Falling From Grace” .....

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I'm just wondering why those believe the law is ended, keep calling themselves sinners?..

The only thing that ended was Jesus's mission to deliver the law to us, mission accomplished.
It's still in full effect and hasn't ended..:)

Jul 7, 2022
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
AMEN! There are Two—- #1Believe #2 Love .......... The End.
Yes.

#1 = Love God, ie honour and obey Him, above everything and everyone, irrespective of cost;
#2 = Love others and ourselves, through honouring and obeying the these commandments and the Spirit behind them in everything we do.

These commandments are mutually inclusive, we can't do one properly if we aren't doing the other properly, too.

If we don't believe that Jesus is the Christ, we are not honouring God, or truly loving our neighbour.

I'm mindful of Jesus' statement, that if we love Him we'll keep His commandments. By extension we must conclude that if we don't keep His commandments, ie we practice lawlessness, then we are not loving Him, but are in effect hating Him. If that be the case, then God will not set aside a place in Heaven for us, no matter how much faith we claim to have, or how well we have have observed religious traditions.

Thanks be to God that through His grace, that upon our confession of sin and repentance of such behaviour, and turning away from it, He is able to forgive us and wash us clean.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, but Jesus' commandments still prevail.

The “Law Of Christ” is Singular....NOT Plural......

The Law Of Christ is this——- “ Carry Each Other’s Burdens” ....Gal 6:2.....

For those just “ DYING” to have some Commandments , here’s you a couple ....They are the ONLY Commandments that Jesus left us with, this side of the Cross—- Command #1 “ BELIEVE” ......Command #2 “LOVE”.......

I hate to disappoint all the Moses “ wanna- bes” out there “ , but those are the only “ laws” that we have now......

Christians are not under the Law —- The Law is “ UNDER THEM!” —- Engraved in their HEARTS!

Hebrews 8:13—-“The Law is OBSOLETE and ready to Vanish”
Romans 7:4—“Christians are DEAD to the Law”
Gal3:16,19— “ The Law was temporary from Moses to Christ”
Hebrews 7:18—“The Law is weak and useless and makes Nothing Perfect”
Gal3:10— “The Law is a CURSE for all of those that Fail to keep it PERFECTLY!”

You guys need to STOP promoting Sin! “ The Law was Given so that Sin might INCREASE” ( Rom5:20 )....“When The Law Is preached it creates a Hardening Veil” ( 2Cor3:14)......The Law makes you Sinful beyond measure!)

“ Going back to the Law after embracing Faith is Stupid!” ( gal3:1)

Please don’t be “ Stupid”......

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just wondering why those believe the law is ended, keep calling themselves sinners?

The Law has not completely “ Ended”.....it’s still out there for the Unrighteous to read and hopefully do what it was intended to do—- show them that they are Sinners that MUST have a Savior.....The Law was given to “ shut you up” and make you admit that you can’t keep it....this goes for the Saved and the Unsaved alike!
The Saved man who has had the Holy Spirit in Him for many years “Should” do a better job of keeping the Law than one who is a mere “ Babe” in Christ ( not that the Keeping Of The Law has Anything to do with Salvation) .....that is a side- effect of one’s Faith as God works “through” a person instead of a person conjuring up all of the “ will- Power” that he can muster because he rejects Grace and fears every second that if he does not somehow “ measure up” to a certain level of “ law- keeping performance” he will be thrown into the pits of Hell !

I still call myself a Sinner because I have a brain....Jesus taught that if just had a Lustful thought or if you were just Angry at somebody , you were as guilty as an Adulterer or a Murderer ( is your “ thought life” as pure as the driven snow)......and how about this pesky little “ Sins Of OMISSION “ that Nobody ever wants to talk about? Have you taken any Strangers into your house lately to feed and clothe? Who do you think you a kidding, Sinner? It ain’t me and it ain’t God, and I sure hope that it’s nobody in the audience.....

Not even Paul —who had a lot more of the Holy Spirit in Him than you will ever have — ever said that he had reached Perfection in his flesh body! “ I have not attained what I would have...” is what he said, and he had been a Saved Believer for many years when he wrote in Romans that he “ did the things he hated to do!” He knew Right from Wrong , yet at times he did the “ wrong” , and he KNEW that he was doing Wrong——Ring a Bell, Mr. Holy Spirit, Jr. ?

A Believers life should always be headed for the Better but while we live in these weak bodies of Flesh we will always struggle with Sin....We’ll know Perfection,” Over There” when we get our New Bidues and become as He is.....

I was Born a Sinner......I AM a Sinner .....I will DIE a Sinner .....just like YOU! I am FAR from being “Righteous” in any real sense of that word, but because of my Faith in Jesus and Jesus ONLY to Save me, God has “ Declared” me to be “ Righteous”—- as PERFECT as His Son! The Righteousness Of Jesus has been “ IMPUTED” to me!

Haven’t you ever read the Bible ?